Long Sleeves are my Friend [C...

By couch_x_potato

Emilia Stone is a Junior in high school who is just trying to get through her year. She struggles with her da... More

Prologue ✔
Chapter 1 ✔
Chapter 2 ✔
Chapter 3 ✔
Chapter 4 ✔
Chapter 5 ✔
Chapter 6 ✔
Chapter 7 ✔
Chapter 8 ✔
Chapter 9 ✔
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
NEW BOOK
Hey Everyone!

Chapter 27

66.3K 1.8K 937
By couch_x_potato

Please read A/N at the end (Don't freak out it's not bad)

--Xander's P.O.V.--

What kinda of bullshit was that?! How could they just let him go?! I can't get the image of him on her as she screamed out of my head. It's repulsive. I know what I said to her was crossing the line. It's not my business to tell. She didn't even have to tell me but she did. She trusted me and I just threw it out the window with my idiotic statement?

I screwed up.

I look out the window to see her laying on the bed laying the opposite way curled in a ball. I got angry instead of being there for her. I never asked how she was doing through this. I'm stupid.

I sigh before heading to my window. I have to apologize to her. I step out of my window and head over to hers.

I get to her window taping lightly. She jumps up with a panicked expression and sees me having her face turn into a frown. She heads to the window opening it.

"What do you want?" she spits out.

"I...I wanted to apologize Emilia. You trusted me enough to tell me about your father and brother and I practically stomped all over it," I say slightly nervous. 

She stays quiet for a moment before opening the window more letting me in. I step in and quickly wrap her in a hug. She doesn't push away but relaxes in my embrace.

"I'm so sorry Emilia. I never even asked how you were doing through all of this and was so insensitive through this, I'm such a jerk," I say squeezing tighter as if she will disappear right from under me.

"X-Xander...can't breath," she struggles out.

"Oh shit, sorry," I say quickly letting go. She laughs a little before causing me to chuckle lightly.

"I...accept your apology. And you're not a jerk. You've been here for me and I can't begin to thank you for that. You've helped me and I really appreciate it," She says small tears forming in her eyes. She pulls me into another hug and I wrap my arms around her waist in a comforting manner.

"How are you doing Emilia?" I ask. She slightly tense and pulls away.

"I really don't know actually. He was let out but he can't know where I am right? I'm worried they will come back for me, but I just don't know," She says putting her head down.

"Well you know I'll kick his ass if they come near you again," I say. She looks up with a small smile on her face.

"Would you go on a date with me?" I blurt out without thinking. My eyes widen in shock.

"I-I mean if you want, if you can't it's no big deal. I mean it is short notice so you really don-"

"Xander!" She half-yells interrupting me from my babbling.

"Huh?"

"Yes, I will," She says stopping me from further embarrassment. I feel a slight blush on my face.

"Okay, Is 7 alright?" I ask.

"Yeah, whenever," She says with a small chuckle.

"Okay see you tomorrow," I lean in giving her a kiss on her forehead. I see a blush form on her face causing me to smile.

"Bye Xander," she says.

"Bye Emilia," I say before going back to my house.

I enter my room and head out to the living room to see my mom.

"Hey mom," I say sitting on the couch next to her. She raises an eyebrow giving me a curious glance.

"Whats go you all giddy? Everything go alright with Emilia I assume?" She asks.

"Yep, I asked her on a date," I say. I tell my mom everything. Yeah, I'm a mama's boy.

"Oh, how exciting! Where are you gonna take her?" She asks. I never really thought about a place to take her.

"I uh, haven't thought about that yet," I say rubbing my hand on the back of my neck.

"Well you better think of some place," she says with a slight laugh.

"Yeah, Yeah. Goodnight mom," I say walking back to my room.

"Night sweety," She says.

Where could I take her? I don't want to overwhelm or take her someplace she doesn't like. I'll figure it out tomorrow I guess.

Soon I feel my eyes get heavy and I fall asleep.

----

*knock* *knock* *knock*

"Honey it's time to get up," my mom says opening the door.

I groan in protest turning over. I'm not a morning person. I hear her footsteps then the curtains open and I get blinded by the light.

"Mom!" I whine putting my head under my pillow.

"Carol invited us for breakfast. Now get up and get ready!" She says pulling my blankets off of me.

"Mom!" I say trying to find the blanket only to see it on the floor. I groan in protest.

"Get up its only 8:30 you whiny bafoon," she says leaving the room.

"It's the weekend though," I whisper to myself. I get up putting on a t-shirt and jeans. I walk to the bathroom using the restroom, brushing my teeth and fixing my hair.

I go out to the living room to see mom and Izzy ready to leave.

"You take more time than the two of us put together," My mom says walking out the door.

"Hey! I don't just wake up this fantastic," I say point to myself.

"I see no difference," she says causing me to gasp in shock. I hear Izzy giggling as she walks out the door. I shake my head and walk over to Carol's house.

She knocks on the door and moments later Emilia answers the door with a smile on her face. I feel myself smile because hers is contagious.

"Hey everyone," She says moving out of the way to let us in.

"Hey Emilia! I missed you!" Izzy says running to give her a hug. She almost lost her balance and hugs Izzy.

"Hey, Izzy. How are you doing? Giving Xander trouble right?" She whispers the last part but I still hear it.

"Good and definitely," she says look back at me. I roll my eyes at them.

"Hey Carol," Amanda says giving her a hug.

"Hello dear, how's it going?" She asks.

"It's going great, thanks for making us breakfast Carol," She says.

"Oh, you're welcome. Emilia also helped too. She's a wonderful cook," Carol says.

"Well thank you too, Emilia," My mother says.

"You're welcome," she says.

"Amanda wanna help me finish up. Xander and Emilia, can you set the table and get drinks?" Carol asks. 

"Yeah," We say in unison.

"You get drinks?" She asks. I nod my head grabbing the glasses and orange juice. She grabs the plates and silverware setting the table. I watch her movements. She looks happy as if the events of yesterday didn't happen.

"Emilia, how a-"

"Breakfast is ready!" Izzy interrupts while mom and Carol walk in with the food.

"We made plenty just for you Xander," Emilia jokes. Everyone erupted into small laughter.

"Ha-ha, very funny," I say rolling my eyes. Emilia just shrugs while we take a seat.

"Everything looks great Carol and Emilia, Thanks," I say.

"You're welcome," They say.

I load up my plate and dig into the delicious food. I look up at everyone and see the chuckles from around the room.

"Yeah I know I eat a lot," I say continuing to eat.

----

Once we finished cleaning everything up we head to the living room and talk for a while.

"So Emilia, a little birdy told me you had a date tonight? Who's the lucky guy or gal?" Carol says glancing over at me with a knowing look.

Emilia's face turns beat red looking over at me then back to Carol.

"He's a guy," she says.

"Hey never want to assume right? What his name?" Carol says with a slight laugh. She nods her head before speaking.

"I-It's Xander," She says her face turning a deeper red if that's even possible.

"Oh? Where are you taking my granddaughter, Xander?" She says trying to intimidate me like a protective parent. I internally laugh at her playful glare.

"It's a surprise," I say, and by surprise, I mean I haven't thought of anything yet. I'm a terrible date.

"Hmmhmm," she says nodding her head.

----

After a little while longer we head back home. My mom gives me a curious look as we enter the house.

"What?" 

"Do you really have a place figured out? Your date is tonight you know?" She asks while laughing.

"I'll figure it out," I say going to my room.

"Suuuree," She drawls out. I mumble a whatever under my breath entering my room.

I get out my phone trying to come up with ideas. I don't want to take her to a movie because I want to talk to her get to know her more. I also want it to be fun so she can enjoy herself.

Ugh, this is frustrating. I'm a terrible planner...

Then the idea pops into my head. Why didn't I think of this before?

~~~~ 

Hello everyone. I know I've been updating less often. I'm terrible I know but, I have a good reason. So you know I'm going to college so I've been doing lots of shopping, planning and everything. You never know how much you actually need to live until you have to live on your own. (Well kinda on my own being that I'll have roommates) but you get what I mean right?

But anyway, but don't worry I'm not leaving forever the updates will just be slower but there will still be updates. I just don't know how regularly.

BUT thank you guys so much for all the reads, votes and comments! It makes me happy knowing you guys love my book! We are now at 14,800?!? I never expected to get this many!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I'll have another update as soon as I can!

Until next time,

Ba-Bye :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227 11 11
Azaria has transformed over the summer. She is no longer that shy and timid girl but is now confident in her identity. She is 18, and it is senior ye...
802 240 23
𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 -𝟎𝟏 "Hope" I shout her name while running, trying to find her everywhere but even a sin...
9.9K 268 15
Holy shit, I read through this recently and my god it's bad. I'm so sorry 😂 I'm just gonna leave it here and cringe at my 2 years ago self. ***** Sa...
114 0 16
***Trigger warning*** this will cover some sensitive topics, that may be triggering to some readers, I ask that if you are triggered by mentions of S...