8 Lives (Sequel to Shattered)

By Frojay

Bella and Edward live their lives to what they think is the end of danger, but more things arise. Everyone tr... More

8 Lives (Sequel to Shattered)
Chapter 2: Fate
Chapter 3: Pressured
Chapter 4: All Grown Up
Chapter 5: One Eye Open
Chapter 6: Flowers
Chapter 7: Charm
Chapter 9: Missing Person
Chapter 10: Lost Love
Chapter 11: 1M4R1N7
Chapter 12: Worth Fighting For
Chapter 13: Never Looking Back
Chapter 14: Bloodlust
Chapter 15: Torn
Chapter 16: Vacant Heart
Chapter 17: Mesmerized
Chapter 18: Square One
Chapter 19: A Puzzle
Chapter 20: Recreate
Chapter 21: Backstabbed
Chapter 22: All Alone
Chapter 23: Burning Desire
Chapter 24: Dark Dream to Life
Chapter 25: Clean Slate
Chapter 26: Setting Him Free
Chapter 27: Taking Another Turn
Chapter 28: Cullen Empire
Epilogue: A Wish
Bonus Epilogue: A Shining Star

Chapter 8: Last Pleas

2.6K 51 26
By Frojay

Hello there ;) Hope you all enjoy :)

And could read EltonJohnLvr's story- The devils daughter :)

*

*

Also there is an authors note at the end if this chapter, I advise you all read it.

*

*

Without further or do here is the chapter :)

*

*

8 Lives Chapter 8- Last Pleas

*

*

Renessmee's Pov

I thought they were all joking when they said Alice would go crazy with the wedding, but I was wrong to think that.

She went crazy.

I swear she has the whole thing mapped out in her head, and nothing is going to come in the way of her setting the future right for my wedding . I pulled on some sweat pants and a T-shirt from the massive closet and made my way to the TV. Joseph plopped himself next to me and wrapped his arms around my slender body. His warmth is always something I craved whenever he was around. I rested my head on his chest and flipped through channels.

" Renessmee?" Joseph called out while stroking my hair affectionally.

" Hmm."

" Are you okay with a December wedding?" He sounded unsure and shifted in his spot. Confused I shed away from him and stared at his features. His forehead had lines that were creased together and his lips twitched as if not knowing what the best answer is to cover the awkwardness now between us.

" Yes, are you?" Maybe he didn't want a wedding so close? His features changed to one with happiness.

" Of course I am, it just seems as if your mind is elsewhere every time I am around." Well he sure knows how to read me like dad calls mom an open book; I guess I got that from her to.

He is telling the truth, every time I am in his very presence my thoughts return to the messages that I have received. I believe I am making the right decision by marrying him, but why does it seem that someone or something with come between my happiness.

That someone would come and snatch My Joseph away from me.

But I wouldn't let anyone take him from me with out a fight.

" You misread me. I was thinking of the wedding and how magical it is going to be." I am not completely lying, but I am not telling the complete truth. I am thinking very little of the wedding, because I know that Alice has it all under control.

My mind is centered on the blocked number and the letters and mysterious messages I have been receiving; though I feel that if I tell anyone what is going on they will get hurt in the end.

And that is something I cannot risk. I have already had them at risk with the Voltori when I was born, when I was in a relationship with our sworn enemy- how much more can I put them through before someone overtakes us all?

Until we are nothing but a pile of ashes at their footsteps- whoever 'their' may be.

" Sorry I did not mean to make you upset, all is forgotten. Well how about we watch a movie?" Little does he know that all can never be forgotten. Every motion that one does, there is always a reason why. We do not realize the actions behind our actions until our memory reminisces the scene that was done not to long ago. We realize that every motion we do, there is always something about it that sticks to our memory like glue.

All can never be forgotten.

" Sure." I replied once my thoughts were in order. I skimmed through the movie cabinet with my eyes and settled on Romeo and Juliet. Joseph saw what I was looking at and looked at me with a face ' You have got to be kidding me.'

" Nope, you are going to sit here and watch it with me." I grinned as I saw that he wasn't going to argue and that he was defeated.

" Like mother like daughter." Be muttered and I snickered as I thought of my dad being forced to watch it with my mother.

My mommy and daddy went for some alone time, I am guessing. Only because once we got home from the

flower shop my mom was swept by her feet, like she always is, and taken away by daddy. I hope when I get married to Joseph our love would bloom more.

Just then Joseph's phone started to ring disrupting our comfortable silence. It was a normal ring that you get once you get a new phone, I wonder why he has not changed it yet.

" Hello?" Joseph asked through the phone.

" Hey mom." Oh it was his mother, it seems I always keep him here and he is barely at home.

" Sure, be right there." He hung up and sent an apologetic smile my way.

" My mom needs me to help her fix something in the house. But I will be back later." He assured, but he is always here, he might as well spend sometime with his mother.

" You can come back tomorrow, you barely spend time with your mother." I explained and he smiled lightly at me before standing up to leave. I stood

up, as well, to walk him to the door.

" Bye." He bent down to kiss my lips lightly, but I was afraid that if he walked out that door I wouldn't see him whole again. I put more passion into the kiss, which he gladly returned; though all too soon he pulled away resting his forehead against mine, stroking my cheek with his forefinger.

" I miss you every time I am away from you for a moment. You have captured my heart, and will always hold it." He looked into my brown eyes and kissed my cheek-leaving me feel tingles in my stomach- before walking to his car. Once he was in his car I gave a wave and waited for him to pull out of the driveway. I stayed on the porch, until he was on the road.

I closed the door behind me and went to my room to grab my phone to tell him that I missed him already. He holds my heart every time he leaves, though there are times where I feel separated from him.

Times where I believe we are not meant to be.

I grabbed my phone off the dresser and clicked it on, only to see a message from the person who haunts my every move. The one who keeps me up at night, tossing and turning. Also, the one who made me afraid of my own shadow.

' Go to the Sally's Bakery and ask for the largest cake and eat it all. Sit there and stuff yourself, if you do not do this, your parents life is at stake- Unknown Number'

My breathing hitched up my throat as I made my way shakily to the cabinet to support my balance. I grabbed my car keys shakily from the drawer by my bedside and made my way down the stairs as slowly as possible.

I came to the end of the stair case an rested at the landing. I made my way to the door and made a movement to twist the knob; though a voice stopped me.

" Honey, where are you going?" Esme asked from behind me concerned of my well being, as always.

" Just to the bakery, I feel like getting a cake." I answered . Though I really don't want a bakery's cake, I want one of her's but I do not have a choice.

" Okay, be careful." She warned, though she didn't know how careful one can be before one loses grip on who their suppose to be.

" I know." My voice sounded distant, but she didn't question me on it. Though she could not question me

on it, because I was already out the

door.

I made my way to my black Mercedes and rested my purse on the passenger side. I rested my hands on the steering wheel and began to pull out of the drive way.

On the road I began skimming through the tiny shops that went past me as blurs. I searched the streets where the Bakery was near and noticed that parking was a mission because most people were here at this hour.

After fifteen minutes of searching for parking in this small town that is in desperate need of parking spaces, I finally found a small spot near a Lexus; that was about three blocks away from my destination, Sally's Bakery.

I locked the car and stepped into the cool weather that swept leaves around in a circle. This August seems to be having different weathers. In the morning when we went to the flower shop it was warm, with the sun resting at its peak; not fully coming up, which was good because with all us vampires we would have sparkled up the whole street.

Each step that I took made me wish I were back at the house with Joseph's protective arms wrapped around me; though I must do what I am told because if I don't I am putting at risk those that I love.

No, more than love, my parents fought for everything and for them to have a crucial ending would not do anyone justice. I can already picture people asking why they died. And my response would be blunt because it would be my fault for not eating the cake. It is my fault they were even more at risk than ever before. They fought for who they were now today, and for them to die because of me is just idiotic aside with stupidness from my part. One day we all stand tall and recall how we ended up where we are today, but how can they do that if they are burnt into nothing but ashes?

The bells chimed from the bakery as I walked in. The overall atmosphere of this bakery was comfy and warming. The inside looked as if it were taken out of the fifteen hundreds. There are historical pictures hung around, making it seem as if I were truly in the year of the photos. Before I can inspect this small comfy bakery someone began talking.

" Hello, welcome to Sally's bakery. How may I hep you?" A blonde woman from behind the counter asked politely. Her hair was in a disheveled bun leaving two curls at the side of her face leave some frame to her face. Her blue eyes were warm and comforting, making me automatically want to be friends with her.

" Hi, I am just looking for a large cake." I moved my hands a few feet apart to make it evident how large I want it.

" Oh, is your name Renessmee?" The woman kindly replied. But this caught be off guard, how does she know my name?

" Yes, how did you know?" I am very sure I have not had any encounters with her.

" There was an order for a large cake made for you, I will be right back. I am just going to get it for you."

Order made for me.

If the lady talked to the person maybe I can distinguish if it is a male or female. I must know who it is, I can not take this anymore.

" Here you are. It is already paid for." She handed the large box to me and I had to admit it was huge; I can not even imagine what the cake looks like inside.

" Do you have a fork?" I asked shamefully as I stared at the woman's shocked expression. She fixed her facial expression quickly before handing me a fork and knife. The place itself was packed, well all except for the outside part of it. There was a single table outside and i couldn't help but think, whoever was texting me, sending letters, planned this.

They wanted others to watch me while I finished the whole cake. Embarrassment was what they wanted me to feel, and I had nothing to say because they are going to be satisfied wherever they are.

Yet, how will the person know if I ate it or not?

" Thank you. If you do not mind me

asking, who made this order?" This lady must at least give me that much.

" John Smith." She replied while I rolled my eyes. That's a name you use whenever you don't want to know who the person is. And that was just a downfall on my part, I should have known the person wouldn't leave the name at my disposal.

" So what did the person look like?" Maybe I know this John Smith.

" It was a call. And before you ask it sounded more of a female's voice than a male." Okay now I have no idea who it is, well it isn't like I knew before, but now I am left dumbfounded.

" Okay, thank you." I smiled before walking to a table outside.

Wait, what if the person is not here? Then I can just run out with this monstrous cake like nothing ever happened.

Well that idea soon changed as my phone vibrated in my pocket. I shut my eyes, as if wishing it were all a dream that someone was a threat to me; though we always try to run from reality, but how far can I go before it catches up to me?

'I am always watching- Unknown Number'

Always watching. I twisted to look at my surroundings, searching through the amount of people laughing at what others said. No one was looking my way, yet the presence is still there. I walked around the tables filled with chatter, and sat outside on a black metal chair. I set the cake box on the glass table and stared at the couples crossing the streets.

My hands felt clammy as I rubbed them together furiously; as if am trying to lessen my nerves, but that didn't work, it did not lessen the tension, if not more tension was creased as my hands started to shake as I brought them up. My hands slipped under the thin material of tape and I rested it under the sticky texture. I breathed a frustrated breath out before flipping the last of the tape that concealed the cake that I must devour. My heart was beating erratically in my chest making me close my eyes and wish that the cake was not as huge as the box, but I was wrong.

Once I flipped the flap over I gaped at the size of the cake. It was massive, it looked as if it could feed a whole village. It was covered in a chocolate fondue, but the thing that had me stopping in my tracks would have to be what was written across the middle.

' Till every last crumb is gone.'

Every last crumb !? By the time I finish this it will be the next millennium. I rose my sliver fork and cut a corner piece before shoving it into my open mouth. I looked at the filling of this cake and saw that it was chocolate fudge. The bite itself was enough for me to call quits. It was extremely heavy, I mean who in the right mind would eat this.

Well that would be me.. But I don't have a right mind. It is being controlled, so that hardly counts.

I scrunched my nose up as I took in yet another bite. It had a bad after taste, maybe it is because I am use to grandma's cakes. I hope I don't get sick from eating this.

Slowly, the cake started to get smaller; as the cake got smaller so did the room in my stomach. I think I gained about twenty pounds after eating all of this. I rubbed my creased forehead that had little sweat drops as I had no strength to finish anymore. The message said till

every last crumb, and I don't think I am capable to do that.

But I must finish it whether my body agrees with the taste or not. People stopped to stare at me, but continued on with their day as if it were an every day thing that you see a sixteen year old eat a cake large enough to feed the homeless in all countries. I rubbed my stomach as it started to moan, as if announcing defeat. I still have over half of the cake left.

I dove my plastic fork into the chocolate texture and stuffed it in my mouth. Can't this day never exist, I seriously can not take it anymore, but I had to. It must be finished whether I have the strength or not. I stuck the fork in the middle of the message and took deep breaths. I stared at the remaining cake on the silver plater, thinking to myself I will never hunt again for the rest of my life. I stuffed another bite in my mouth, and after a few hours and a darkened sky I had only a quarter left. I gulped my saliva down my dry throat and prepared to terminate that cake.

It is only a little left, but I think I am going to throw up if I digest anymore. My plastic fork covered in chocolate looked defeated by the amount of times I had pounded it into the cake. My mouth was half ajar with mushed up chocolate as I stabbed the almost broken fork into the chocolate cake once again. I rested the fork on my forefinger and had it two inches away from my mouth.

" One... Two...Three." I whispered to myself before stuffing it into my mouth. More people stopped and stared at the savage I was portrayed as at this moment. I had chocolate all over my face, and I didn't need a mirror to show me that.

I looked like a person who has never eaten.

And I am embarrassed even more when people stop and point; stand and watch me stuff myself to the maximum.

Whoever this is must be satisfied because they have succeeded in making me wish I was never born.

With my brain pounding against my thin skin I stuffed the last of the cake in my mouth, and if it were not for the fact that there were people here, I would be jumping up and dancing like a crazed maniac who just won te lottery. I smiled at myself for completing it, though my smile had ended up chocolate between my teeth

so I probably scared little kids away that were coming near this bakery.

I picked up the empty box and walked inside the bakery to put it in the trash can.

" So, did you enjoy the cake?" The kind woman asked once she saw the white empty box being thrown away.

" Well.." I stopped because I didn't know her name.

" Cindy." She replied.

" Well Cindy, it was indeed delicious." I smiled.

" After three bites, but after that I had to scarf it down my throat as if it were poison, which was about eight hundred bites at that." I muttered under my breath.

" What was that?" She cocked her head to the side raising an eyebrow at me.

" Oh, nothing." I brushed my fingers on the glossy counter. I turned away to make my exit.

" Have a good day." Cindy shouted after me as I made my way to the chiming door exit.

My feet hit the pavement and it took all my strength not to hunch over a garbage can and throw up what I have spent so long to eat. I barely made it the three blocks before I wanted nothing more that a pillow, blanket, and Joseph's protective arms.

Once I sat in the car I wondered if Joseph was done helping his mom with what she needed, because I would really like to have some comfort from him. My phone beeped and I expected it to be Joseph, but no, it was indirectly him. It was sent from the blocked number again.

' Your fiancé is so faithful! He is dining with a blonde woman not helping his mother.- Blocked Number.'

Down below the message showed a picture of Joseph.

My Joseph at that.

Kissing the back of some blonde's hand while the blonde smiled daringly and lovingly at him.

Cindy's Pov

" I did what was told, your identity is forever unknown." I answered solemnly.

" Yes, Cindy, indeed it is. Though, I cannot leave one who knows of me left alive." The bitterness scared me.

" Please, I have children!" I pled.

" Not my problem."

****

Okay attention: As you know I have worked hard on both Shattered and now, 8 Lives. And that they are both copyrighted, furthermore they are all my ideas that came from my head and no one else's right! Well apparently you guys don't get that! There is a person who is stealing my ideas and claiming it their own for their story and I demand it to stop! I mean I feel regret that I ever wrote books on here when I see my ideas on someone else's. Have you no shame! I mean if you asked I would give you a no, but at least ask even though what you are questioning is going to be denied. I am not mentioning names but if the person does not come forward, I will be mentioning who it is, and trust me I will make sure that everyone knows you steal ideas, doubt me? Think again!

~ Frojay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 108K 41
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
3.6M 151K 61
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
9.6M 634K 75
Yaduvanshi series #1 An Arranged Marriage Story. POWER!!!!! That's what he always wanted. He is king of a small kingdom of Madhya Pradesh but his pow...
1.2M 14.8K 52
NOT EDITED YET Gracie Owen's a headstrong journalist major rooms with her childhood best friend JJ Anderson for junior year, little does she know she...