[ON-GOING] Detroit: Become Hu...

By midnightXcross

One shots involving Markus, Connor, Ralph, Simon , Luther and many more characters from Detroit: Become Huma... More

REQUEST HERE (Closed)
Creating a Masterpiece (Markus x Reader)
A Queen for a King (Yandere!Markus x Reader)
Someone to Live For (Ralph x Reader)
To love an android (Ralph x Yandere!Reader)
You're the Android sent from Cyberlife (Human!Connor x Android!Reader)
The Meaning of Family (Simon x Reader)
A Human Kind of Attraction (North x Connor x Reader Love Triangle)
A Human Kind of Emotion (RK900 x Reader)
Programmed to Love You (Yandere!RK900 x Reader)
My Savior (Yandere! Connor x Reader)
It's not like I'm deviant... (Tsundere!Connor x Reader)
Love Sick (Connor x Sick!Reader)
Space Cadet (Tsundere!Gavin x Shy!Reader)
Eternally Beautiful (Yandere!Kamski x Reader)
Growing Up With You (Connor x Child!Reader)
A Human Companion (Daniel x Reader)
Written In the Stars (Deviant!Connor x Reader)
Writers Block?? (Author Note)
Tears of an Android (Human!Connor x Android!Reader)
Caged (Yandere!Ralph x Reader)
Born Deviant (RK900 x Creator!Reader)
True Strength (Markus x Shy!Reader)
Waking Nightmare (Yandere!Connor x Reader) 'Fighting For a Reason P.2'
Vampire AU (Vampire!Connor x Reader)
Someone to Care for (Child!Connor x Reader)

Fighting for a Reason (Yandere!Connor x Reader)

15.9K 365 749
By midnightXcross

It had always been your dream to work as a police officer. And now you were finally here. You managed to score a job at the Detroit City Police Department as an officer in training. You knew you still had a lot of work ahead of you, but the thought that you would be working towards your dream made you excited.

You walked inside the station where you soon became acquainted with Captain Jeffrey Fowler, your new boss and manager. He informed you that you would be working with an investigator and detective working at the station, named Gavin Reed. 

You had heard of Detective Reed from newspaper articles and through conversation about the department, but you had never actually met the man. The articles and gossip portrayed him as some kind of local hero and so working with him was something you couldn't possibly imagine or even dream of. Even though the rumors portrayed him as this however, you felt your heart sink the moment you were introduced. You looked at a man late into his 30s, who had a faint smell of cigarettes. He looked you over with his eyes, and it made you feel a little unsettled. It was his over the top smile that made you feel the most uncomfortable however.

"Detective Reed. This is [F/N], [L/N]. She will be your assistant from now on. You will help her become familiar with detective work and guide her in her training." You forced a smile and nodded your head at the man.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Detective Reed."

"The pleasure's all mine..." He replied softly. "Thank you Captain Fowler. I'll be sure to train her to the best of my abilities..."

"Excellent. Keep up the good work." The Captain left, and you stood alone in the uncomfortable silence. 

Detective Reed proceeded to show you some of the recent cases, and reports you would need to write. You followed along as best as you possibly could, all while trying to maintain as much distance as you could from the man. You are interrupted from your work when you hear voices.

"For fucks sake Connor, I told you not to pursue them. You could've gotten yourself killed out there."

"I already told you Lieutenant, I couldn't just let those Deviants get away."

"Well they did, didn't they?"

Detective Reed stands up from his desk, moving over to them.

"Well look who it is. Our friend the plastic detective is back in town! Tell me... did you manage to capture the Deviant this time?"

The android and the other investigator glared at Reed.

"Fuck off Gavin." The older investigator says. They are just leaving, when the android notices you. You move in front of Reed slightly. 

"Hello... my name is [F/N] [L/N]." You say to the investigator. "I'm in training to become a detective." 

"Someone who isn't an android taking on a job." He looks over at the android while he says it. "That's a first in a long while." The senior investigator shakes your hand. The android moves over to greet you.

"My name is Connor. I'm a police android, sent from Cyberlife." You shake his hand also. You smile.

"It's nice to meet you Connor." You feel a hand clamp onto your shoulder.

"Enough with the family reunion. I need to speak with my new assistant." You tried not to cringe. The other investigator began to walk away, Connor following him slowly, his head turned back towards you. Once they were our of ear shot, Detective Reed continued. "I'm hungry. Go to the kitchen and make me a sandwich."

"I don't think that's supposed to be a part of my training Detective..." You mumble in response.

"You're my assistant now. And you're a woman. So go and make me a bloody sandwich." 

Yeah you would make him a bloody sandwich alright. A part of you could see how androids and people could so easily be driven to murder someone. You were nearly there and you had barely known the man for ten minutes.

That brought you to this current moment, where you were slowly making a sandwich in the kitchen, taking as much time as you possibly could. After you while, you felt like someone was watching you. You turned and saw Connor, the android you had met moments earlier, standing nearby watching you.

"Would you like me to make you a sandwich too?" You said jokingly. He walked closer.

"You don't have to listen to him you know."

You sigh. "I wouldn't if I didn't have to... but unfortunately I do." You mumble bitterly, "I am required to train to be a Detective and if this is what Captain Fowler wants me to do then so be it..."

While you daudled in the kitchen, Connor stayed nearby. You thought he would have other tasks to do, but you didn't mind it. In fact, you actually liked it a lot. Connor asked you about your life, and the reasons why you wanted to be a Detective, and you talked to Connor about how he came to be here, and what his overall mission is. Just as you were finishing up, Connor very slightly smiled, and said, "I hope we can be friends Miss [L/N]."

You smiled at him in return and replied, "Connor, we already are friends." His eyes widened slightly. You guessed that being an android, he didn't get to hear that too often. "You don't have to call me by my last name. You can just call me [F/N]." Before he could reply, you heard Detective Reed calling you from the main office. You sigh. "I should go. I hope we can talk some more some other time, Connor." You put your hand on his shoulder before walking away. Little did you know that this small moment you had together was the start of something in Connor; something that almost seemed... human?

Over the course of your training, you tried to spend as little time near Detective Reed as possible, and instead used whatever time you had to talk to Connor. You couldn't deny that you were starting to become fond of the android. He always was very respectful and polite to you, and listened to whatever you wanted to say. He became a source of comfort to you, and whenever you had a bad day, he would be there. On the other hand, Detective Reed was becoming more and more of a source of stress for you. None of the other investigators took much notice of it; and you didn't think they wanted to. Because of Detective Reed's status in the department, he could get away with a lot of things. You didn't help the situation much yourself. Sometimes when he got angry with you, he would hit your arms or push you against the desk or wall. When he was in a good mood, he would try and get close to you, as much as you hated the attention. On one occasion, you tried telling Captain Fowler about the incidents, but he wouldn't listen to you.

Your bad state became a concern to Connor, which made you feel a little happy. Whenever Connor noticed your bruises and tired eyes, his LED would turn red or orange. Although there was nothing you could do about the situation, Connor made you feel better. You never told him where you truly got the bruises from, but you think underneath, Connor knew all along. On one occasion, Connor touched a bruise on your cheek gently. You told him you had just got it from tripping over, but he didn't believe you. It took you by surprise when he kissed the bruise on your cheek.

"Connor... what are you doing?" You asked quietly, feeling very confused. Of course you liked Connor, but he was just an android, right?

"I don't want you to see Reed again [F/N]..." He said quietly, and you noticed his LED turn red. "...He doesn't deserve your kindness."

"Connor, you know I don't have a choice..." You whispered, but he wouldn't have it.

"[F/N]... if that... that... that bastard is hurting you, then just tell me..." He stared into your eyes. You'd never heard him swear before. He continued, "I know I'm just a machine... I know I am not human like you are... but if you tell me what you would like me to do, then I will do it for you..."

You'd never heard Connor say anything like this. You gulped. Connor pulled away from you. You looked down as you told him everything. How Detective Reed pushed you into the desk, or walls, or the times he would try and kiss you, even though you always managed to push him away. You told him how Captain Fowler and the others never believed you when you told them the truth, but Connor is the only one who ever noticed the bruises. Connor listened quietly, only responding at the parts that needed words. You eventually looked at the time, and realized you'd been talking to Connor for nearly an hour.

"Oh no, I have to go..." You quickly got up. You look at your watch. "There were some cases I promised Captain Fowler I would look over."

"Will I accompany you on your way home [F/N]?"

"No Connor... that's alright. Thank you for listening to me today..." You look at him. Then you suddenly hugged him. "Thank you Connor..." Very slowly and stiffly, he hugged you back. You left quickly, taking the shortest route you knew home. It looked like it would rain soon, and you didn't have an umbrella, so you knew you would have to move fast. You nearly reach home when suddenly, you feel yourself being shoved into a nearby alleyway. It was Detective Reed.

"What are you doing?! Get off me!!" You cried out.

"I thought I told you not to speak with that plastic prick!" He looked angry, "Why were you speaking to him [F/N]?!"

"Connor is different!! Connor is not plastic, Connor is alive!!"

"Shut up, I didn't ask for your opinion!" He punches you. You struggled to get away.

"I'll report you!!! Everyone will know what you're really like!!" You growled. He laughed at that.

"Who will believe you? Your little plastic friend? Ha! Like his opinion would ever matter!" He drags you towards him by your hair. "I can do whatever I want to you." You pulled out a gun that you always had strapped to the inside of your thigh.

"Get the fuck away from me." You glared at him. You knew he had a gun too, but it shocked him enough for you to push him away. You ran down the street. You would quit your job tomorrow. Even if no one believed you about him, you couldn't put up with it any longer. You felt unsafe every day, always being followed, always being watched. You would stay away from him. Little did you know that Detective Reed wasn't the only person who was following you.

You stayed awake that night. You couldn't sleep. You watched as the bruises on your arms and throat slowly turned a shade of purple. You didn't want anyone to see you like this. You felt weak. You hated it. Suddenly, you heard the doorbell ring. You hesitantly went to look through the peephole. It was Connor. You opened the door.

"Connor..." You started. He pulled you into his arms, and you started crying. You had been so scared, but Connor was there now; And for the first time, you felt safe. You told Connor everything. About what happened that afternoon, and about how you planned to quit your job tomorrow and find a better and safer place to work. Connor offered to make you a cup of tea, which you accepted. While he was in the kitchen, you continued talking to him, telling him about how scared you felt until he came to see you.

"I'm sorry [F/N]..." He said quietly, placing the cup of tea in front of you. "You won't ever have to worry about him again..."

"I know..." You smile at him. "I should have thought about getting another job earlier... I don't ever want to feel that way again..."

He said it so quietly, you could have missed it. "I'll protect you from now on... [F/N]."

You drank the tea. It made you feel happier. Being with Connor like this made you feel safe. A part of you wished you could stay with Connor like this forever, but you knew you would have to move on eventually. You tried to look up at him, to see his face. Suddenly you felt extremely tired. It had been a stressful day after all. It should be no surprise that it would take its toll on you. You felt your head collide with the table, as everything fell into darkness.

You gasped awake. It was dark. You could hear the dripping of water somewhere. Was it still raining? You tried to move your arms, but you couldn't. Something was holding them back. Straps? What was this place? Your head was pounding. How long had you been asleep? You sensed a movement. Something was there.

"Connor?" You called out. You could see a blue LED in the darkness. He moved closer, switching on a light that seemed to be above your head. You felt blinded for a moment, reeling from the brightness. It looked like you were in some kind of warehouse. Mold and mildew was building up on the walls and floor, making it clear it had been abandoned for quite some time. There was a dripping of water from the ceiling, which continuously landed on a particular area on the floorboards which was rotting away. You felt safe when you saw Connor again, even though you were in this strange place. You smiled at him, but he didn't smile back.

"Connor, thank goodness you're here!!" You say with relief. "What is this place? Did they take you too?"

"I'm sorry [F/N]..." Connor replied quietly. He gestured to the room. "I know that this place is stifling to you... but it won't be for long. Just until the police stop searching." You feel your face fall.

"Connor... what are you talking about?"

"You're here for your own safety [F/N]. Detective Reed won't bother you anymore... No one will be a bother to you anymore..."

"Connor, I don't understand any of this... Why am I tied to this... this chair?" You suddenly felt scared. Connor walked over and put his cold hand on your face.

"I wanted to do this for quite some time... but I couldn't. Until you gave me the order. You told me you wanted my help." He crouched to your level, as you still remained bound to the chair. "I promise I will protect you [F/N]. I will always protect you. More than any human ever could."

You looked around. You were beginning to understand. But you didn't want to believe it. "I-I didn't want this Connor... I just wanted to feel safe... How is any of this going to make me feel safe?!"

"This is the only way I can keep you beside me [F/N]... This was the only option I had." He paced nearby your chair. "I've been misleading the police investigations. They won't be tracking you down. The only person who knows you're here is me." He finally smiled slightly. You struggled against the ropes. His LED turned red, and he gently held your hands to stop you from struggling.

"Don't... Don't do that. I don't want you to cause anymore bruises... Just rest [F/N]. You've been under much stress."

"Connor, let me go!! I don't want this!!!" You were panicking.

"I know you're scared right now [F/N]... I hate to see you give me that look..." He looked down. "But this is for the best." He gently caressed your hair. You tried to pull away, but you couldn't. "I will protect you... forever... and ever... I can love you more than any human ever could. You don't need to do anything. I'll bring you food... water... I'll find you a better place to stay, one with proper rooms, once the police stop searching for you." He pulls you into his arms. You can't get away. He stays like that for a long moment.

"Once I put an end to this ridiculous uprising, nothing will ever stand in my way. I will be promoted in Cyberlife. And I'll be able to stay with you. Forever... Forever you will be safe."

You were feeling dizzy. Connor noticed how you suddenly stopped struggling.

"I must have made the dose too high... you're tired." You felt him stand up and your body started falling limp. Before you fell into darkness, you heard him whisper. "Get some sleep [F/N]. And when you wake... this will all be over. Nothing will ever come between us."

"I love you... [F/N]."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134 1 8
This story is a Detroit: Become Human fanfiction. The main character is a WR700 android, who is a parks and streets maintenance worker. I would like...
150K 2.5K 12
As of now, this book is either ended, or discontinued. Either way, I may continue in the future, seeing as I love this game and I am inspired fairly...
40.9K 1.1K 27
When (Y/n) ran away from her family, the androids told her there was a haven, a safe place for Deviants. She didn't know what to expect when she got...
1.7M 56.2K 105
"Miss (L/n), you and Anderson have been assigned with an android from Cyberlife for these cases." "Really? Well...alright. When will he or she arrive...