She Belongs To The Billionair...

By HephziLolami

Billionaire's series ~ 1 Kara Wilson is your average twenty years old college student, striving to make... More

SBTTB
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Epilogue
Q and A

Chapter 21

93K 3.4K 148
By HephziLolami

Kara’s POV

*

          “Sleepy head. Wake up, it’s time to head out.” Head out? Head where? Ugh.

A groan of disapproval and irritation rippled off my throat. I turned on my side and placed my soft plushy pillow on the side of my face to block off the intrusion.

“Sleepy head, it’s seven already and your mama would be awake by now.”

Mama...leg injury...swollen... fight...hospital.... Shoot! I forgot she was even at the hospital. I shot out of bed instantly, stretching and struggling to stifle a loud yawn.

“I should’ve left for the hospital!”

“Now she’s awake.”

I cleaned my eye boogers. Preeti was already dressed for the day, looking fresh and her thick hair was packed into a familiar firm bun. I wondered how she could cope with her hair always being in such a tight bun.

“You didn’t have to slap my backside.” I whined with a glare. I wanted my backside to be more protruded and I usually did some twerking in the bathroom whenever I wasn’t feeling lazy.

“Good morning to you too, sleepy head. Now get up.” Preeti ordered.

“Ugh, thanks Preeti. I slept late last night checking my department’s group chat to know what group I was finally assigned to for a community project.”

“I thought as much.” She smirked but kept looking at me with twinkling and mischievous eyes while I grumbled about my backside getting flatter if she kept slapping me there. Immediately she left, I did my morning routine before getting ready for the day.

After bathing and applying cream, I pulled on an ash colored jean pants and white turtle-neck top, applying a bit of makeup. I combed my hair quickly before dashing downstairs in my black and glittery white sneakers.

I loved it the most of all the gifts I had because it was a birthday present given to me last year.

Come to think of it, it was also young master that gifted me this sneaker boots, along with the other fifteen I had in my closet.

Maybe it was because my birth date was August ten and he eleven, I had no idea. He never failed to give me presents on my birthday and he was always present that day to take me and mama anywhere we wanted himself. I remember years ago when I was fifteen years old and he had to travel out of the country for an important combined meeting and family vacation the whole Alfonsi family was having.

He came back a day before my birthday and gave me my birthday present; even though he later snarled at me to be careful on the stairs when I fell because of the stiletto heels I was wearing to the party my high school boyfriend at the time had planned for me.

Smiling at the memory of him dragging my drunk self out of the club later that night, I got into kitchen to prepare something to take to mama. Preeti also joined me, chatting about the latest trends on the Vogue magazine as she drank coffee while I just made comments here and there.

“Preeti, I need you to help me watch Armando. I need to see someone.” Mimi rasped hurriedly as she entered and pushed the baby walker where chubby cheeks baby Armando was playing into the large kitchen. The baby pattered on with a bright expression and this made warmness fill my heart. Babies were so innocent and contented.

He was playing with the ragged monkey doll Preeti bought for him from her visit to her family house in, Chennai, India but the contentment in his eyes was obvious, even with how simple the doll was.

“Did you tell him about the baby?” Preeti asked.

Mimi paused at the entrance, finally sauntering back in with a tired expression. She was my height, but had wider hips and a fuller chest with short, blonde hair.

“No Preeti. He won’t let me work there anymore.” She sighed. She was only working here for a while in hiding from her parents because she had some issues with them and now they were still looking for her. I had no idea if she told Stephano this because she was the daughter of a very important man in the State, a senator.

She wasn’t really working here as a maid, just helping out sometimes whenever Stephanie was running an errand. But she did like to call herself a help though.

I did an eye roll at Preeti’s interrogation while humming in approval after tasting the chicken soup that was bubbling.

“There’s no way he won’t know at the end of the day; especially when you’re now finally here to stay in Italy.”

“That’s true.” I butted in, knowing they were talking about Armando’s dad.  We still didn’t know who he was, they had an issue and she left him with four months pregnancy. At that time, she had only just discovered she was pregnant. “The earlier you speak with him, the better.”

“It’s harder than you think.” Mimi bemoaned. She sounded tired, as if she’d had this discussion a thousand times before.

Mama always told me that if you love someone and they loved you as well, things would also find a way to turn out positively; despite all odds that may surround and want to choke that relationship.

Mimi obviously loved the father of her three month old boy. Getting together with someone you still love after a misunderstanding shouldn’t even be this hard.

“But you are a mother. How long would you hide this from him?” This wasn’t even complicated. Simply call and tell him you now have a baby.

Mimi opened her mouth to answer but then looked at me and pressed her lips in a grim line. “You can’t understand Kara.”

She turned to leave again.

“So...have you prepared his formula?” Preeti asked.

“Yes, it’s in the usual place.”

Mimi gazed down lovingly at her son again and I could see the love she had for him right at that moment shine through her eyes. “I’ll be back soon Mandó. Mama has to take care of some things but be good with mama Preeti and aunty Kara, okay?”

The baby babbled and shook his head when his mother pecked him all over the face and they both giggled before she left.

He jumped in his walker and tried to move it closer to his retreating mother’s back but it proved futile, struggling to turn the wheels and earning him a coo of awe from me.

Preeti smiled and pulled the baby walker closer to her.

“No, you can’t touch that.” Preeti scolded lovingly after a few minutes.

“He is such a bundle of joy.” I pinched his cheeks as I picked two China bowls and rinsed them.

Armando babbled some more words and giggled. He wiggled the handkerchief in his hand and pattered while I just watched him in awe.

“What are you making for Natalia?”

“Or what have I prepared you meant? Because there’s no way I’m cooking again if she doesn’t like this one and also, I didn’t call to ask her what she wanted.”

She did an eye roll. “Whatever. So, what exactly is that?”

“Chicken and potatoes cream soup.”

“Made any for me?” I could see the hope in her eyes that I would leave a little bit for her so I decided to tease her a little. Preeti could sell a part of her soul for chicken soup. She just loved it so much because it was what connected her to her boyfriend when she first met him at a Best Delicacy show; the same one whom she was currently engaged to.

“No. Sorry, it’s for sick people.” I mumbled apologetically, though I felt no tinge of guilt.

That was what she would get for always waking me up with a slap on the butt.
Preeti’s face fell immediately and I held myself from snickering because, that was one hell of an expression for her to be sporting right now.

“I could just fix something else for you when I get back from the hospital.”

“Never mind-”

“Or I could just give you the one I kept here in the pot for you.”

She gasped and faked a glower while I just burst out in laughter, prompting the giggles that escaped little Armando’s chubby cheeks as he stared at us with twinkling eyes.

“So you left for me after all.”

“Just because I pitied you and don’t want you to keep slapping my cute little butt. A plate, yes.”

She pushed Armando’s baby walker out of the kitchen before popping her head back in.

“That reminds me, young master asked you to get some files in his study and give them to the doctor.”

I stilled with the China soup bowl still in my hand waiting to be covered up. The title ‘young master’ alone had my heart thumping in my chest and a warm, fuzzy feeling spread through me.

Ugh, he only wanted me to deliver something to the doctor. We hadn’t even spoken once since I left for school and I didn’t know why I even cared enough to think he would have called. I was sure he had my mobile number.

“Oh, okay.”

“They are on the left part of his desk, he said he placed the pen holder on them.”

“Yeah, sure. I’ll go get them.” I tried to keep the smile off my face. I probably sounded like a little girl who was going to see her crush. Dammit! I have to stop thinking about him.

His blue eyes that reminded me of the sea, his sleek black hair and chiseled face with pink lips and his five o’clock shado-...Kara! Get a hold of yourself, he’s the ‘wicked young master,’ remember?

Ugh. Yes. I groaned.

“Are you okay? Maybe you need a bit of that ‘sick people’ soup. Your cheeks are flushed.”  Preeti said playfully and I almost squeaked. She was still at the entrance, obviously gawking at me with her suspicious gaze.

“I’ll have some myself thank you. School has been stressful and I need some rest.”

“If you say so…” She drawled.

I did an eye roll when she snickered and finally left.

She knew of my utmost dislike for the young master. I wonder what she would do if I told her I was now his girlfriend. When I got to the hospital, I immediately went to see mama but the nurse asked me not to disturb her.

“I brought her soup.”

She gave me a squint, as if trying to figure me out and I could only guess she already knew mama was picky when it came to what to eat even though we’d only just brought her in yesterday.

“It’s her favorite soup. Chicken soup.”

Her expression changed immediately. “My, that’s good. But...the doctor came in this morning to check on her and give her some medication.”

“Aww. Does that mean she already had breakfast?”

“Yep. Are you her daughter? There’s this resemblance between you two.” She inquired, making way for me to go in. I smiled softly at the slender and tall woman standing before me. Her eyes were forest green and she was really beautiful, with a pale skin but radiant features. It was her motherly tone that made me assess her.

“Yes ma’am.”

“Oh please, call me Kate, I’ve been assigned specially to her room by her handsome, young boss.” She winked at me as I placed the bag on the table close to the edge of the bed. She looked so restful in her sleep, if only mama was this restful. I heaved a sigh and turned my attention back to the nurse. To Kate.

“Alright. I’m Kara.” I gave her a small smile.

She produced another dashing smile while pulling me into a hug as she ignored my stretched out hand. “I figured out. She wouldn’t stop talking about how proud she was of you. Now I feel like I’ve known you for more than a few minutes.” She chuckled.

“Hmm. I guess I’m impressed that she spoke about me that way. My mom can sometimes be so… cheesy.” Pink tainted my cheeks as I smiled shyly, loving the compliment coming from a stranger.

“She’ll be awake in an hour or thereabout so you could just hang around.” Kate finally said, dusting her straight, fitted skirt.

“Of course. I’ll do just that.” I dropped the file by the table beside the cooler and watched her leave.

I went out and looked around at the big ‘Standard Heights’ hospital. It was large hospital, one of the biggest in the state. The rooms, beds and patients rooms were classic and quite spacious, with TV and internet access too. Well, who loved falling sick anyway?

I decided to get myself a cup of coffee and I did just that, dragging out a long sigh when I realized how well I needed coffee. Then I took large gulps and smiled in contentment. Just as I was about to turn around from the coffee maker, I bumped into something hard, causing me to fall back but the disastrous fall was avoided.

Two hands wrapped around my waist just in time and I groaned, my head suddenly feeling woozy at the impact of almost slamming my butt on the hard ground again. That would make my backside even flatter.

Ugh.

“Hey, are you okay?” A smooth male voice said.

I blinked back to get my vision back and shake the wooziness out of me.

Cazzo, what effect did all the fruits and three square meal I ‘d been consuming have on me if I wouldn’t be able to balance myself from a little hit?

I finally opened my eyes and tightened my hands a bit on the cup in my hands, aware I was still in someone’s hold. The man I’d bumped into still had his hands around me and was looking down at me.

Goodness, he was strikingly handsome. Dark shiny horse hair, really tall and had this striking feature about him, your typical bad boy next door. Like the rich kid that does what his parents want all his life and ends up inheriting their company when they’re finally retired. His grey eyes were inspecting me, making me flush with embarrassment as I realized I had just been staring at him since.

Uh...just when I thought Mimi was the only one with grey eyes... I just had to meet someone else. Those kinds of eyes were quite rare. Finally!

“Hey. Are you okay?”

I snapped out of my shock induced state and coughed awkwardly, pulling out of his hold.

“Hi. I’m fine.” But your shirt now soaked with my coffee isn’t, I thought sourly while regaining my stance, “Oh, I’m really sorry about this. I ruined your white shirt.”

“It’s just a shirt miss. But are you okay?” He assessed me with worry lines creasing over his forehead.

“I am, and thank you for helping me prevent that ungracious fall just now.” I replied in a rather small voice, trying to avoid his grey eyes looking intently at me as if observing me both internally and externally.

“Are you sure? You look-”

“I’m fine, really. I should have been more careful while turning around and wouldn’t have probably bumped into you.”

He laughed. It was a care free one, really light. “I was the one who bumped into you. My apologies but I can’t blame myself. I have the tendency of bumping into beautiful ladies.” He stated with a smile. Well, someone had a high rank in the charming department.

“Haha. Anyway, I have to go. It was nice-”

“Bumping into me.” He completed easily.

“Yeah. No, I mean, you get me.” I chuckled.

“I’m Diego.” He was bringing his right hand out of his pocket already.

“And I have to go.” I retorted.

“Can I at least know your name?”

“Uhh…” I contemplated on whether I should tell him. The next thing I’d know, he would be asking for my mobile number and wanting to know what street I lived.

“I’m not some kind of creep, I promise. Besides, I’m too good looking to be one.”

No, too cocky is better, I thought. Leave it to the ladies to call you that!

“Alright. I’m Kara.”

“Please wait.” He held me by the wrist instead of the hand again as I turned around, something I hated guys doing.  Hold me by the hand, not wrist! Better still, don’t even hold me at all. I gritted my teeth, assuring myself that I was only answering him because he’d just helped prevent me from falling, though I knew looks could be deceiving.

“Can I have your contact?”

I gave him a look that said ‘really?’ but he shook his head. “No... please, It’s not what you think.”

“Then what is it?”

His chest rose and fell like he carried the sins of the whole world. “I am here to find someone I have been looking for in years and I just want to make one friend before I leave for California once again. I just got here and I kind of don’t know anyone.”

“Hmm.” Why would he want to make friends again with me when he didn’t even know me? Could I trust him? I shrugged, deciding to do that. Anyway, it wasn’t like I would give him my dorm room number or house address and he would come and hunt me.

“Alright. But I warn you...” I left the threat hanging and he surprised me by laughing as if I cracked a joke.

I collected his outstretched iPhone model and typed my number on it.

“I just got myself a new and beautiful friend named Kara. I’ll be sure to call you sometime later today, if that’s okay by you.” He smiled again while typing on his phone, probably saving the number.

He kept his phone and gave me another smile. “Sure, I don’t mind. It’s nice to meet you too, friend.”

“Okay. It’s also nice to meet you.”

He still stood, watching me when I made a move to leave. “Take care.”

“You too, new frien-” He suddenly stopped talking and I also eyed him, wondering why he stopped. But he wasn’t looking at me. He was looking at something behind me.

“Kara mia,” the husky and deep tone I had heard all through my growing up came from behind me and I wasn’t sure why but it had my tense shoulders relaxing slowly.

“Stephano.” I licked my lips, hoping he wasn’t in a glaring mood or nonchalant like he’d been the last time we saw, which was yesterday. I still hadn’t turned around to face him. I stamped down the tingling sensation that filled my stomach and just kept staring at Diego, smiling with a complicated expression on my face.

“I’ll be on my way now then.” Diego winked and walked the other way.

“Okay, take care.” I watched Diego till he was out of sight and I was now alone with Stephano. Am I supposed to walk away? No! That would be childish. Then what should I do? Keep calm Kara. Young master is also human and you might just be over-thinking things. Just calm down!

“I was wondering where you were since I was told you were no longer at the mansion…

*
Don't forget the votes and comments. I love them. *kisses*

Your girl,
Hephzibah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

736K 22.7K 63
BOOK 1 IN THE ROMANO SERIES (WARNING!!! 18+ ONLY ➡ THIS BOOK CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE AND EXPLICIT MATURE SCENES) Kiara Cambridge is a norm...
509K 10.8K 31
A 24 year old was left with her baby brother when she was just 18. Having to put her dreams on hold to raise him as if he was her own. 6 years later...
4.7M 122K 59
(Completed) Carrying the bag pack, I run. I run from the man I love. The man who is the father of my unborn children. I brush past the security check...
156K 7.8K 53
Billionaire's series~ 5 After an unfortunate event that threatens her life and that of her siblings, Rosa Matteo has no choice but to run away from h...