The Princess of Elements

YourSecretNerd द्वारा

Book One in the TPoE series Arabella Rose is sixteen and has lived with her aunt and cousin for most of her l... अधिक

The Princess of Elements
Chapter one- Mother Nature
Chapter two: Er...that's not physically possible
Chapter three: The first sign of madness
Chapter four: Don't leave me
Chapter five: I'm a what now?
Six: I don't like sharing.
Seven: Off to the hell hole
Eight: A is for Alpha
Nine: New beginnings and new partners in crime
Ten: The PB's
Eleven: Bethany
Twelve: six pack
Thirteen- fire extinguisher
Fourteen: Betrothed
Fifteen- Sanity
Sixteen: 'Nice guy'
Seventeen: Princesses don't walk
Eighteen: The beach
Nineteen: The harsh truth
Twenty: 'The Elliot'
Twenty one: Crap on a cracker
Twenty three: Boys
Twenty Four - The Red Room
Twenty Five: The Ball 1
NOT AN UPDATE
26- the ball part 2
27. Now and then
28. Ari and Kyle
29. Witch Bitch
A question for you

Twenty Two: Grounded

28.1K 1.3K 196
YourSecretNerd द्वारा

 I actually have a french exam tomorrow but I decided that I hate French so here's a chapter for you all :) I haven't proof read either :)

Kyle and I were grounded.

Being very honest grounded was an understatement.

We weren’t allowed the TV, X-box, phones, music, junk food or friends until we had cleaned the house top to bottom.

The Sperm donor wanted to cut the power in the house just to make sure we wouldn’t watch the TV when everyone went out.

But Hannah told him that just being around each other would be enough of a punishment for both of us.

Which was true.

So the next day, Archie created a list of things he wanted Kyle and myself to do before everyone went out for some ‘family fun time for the good kids’.

That is literally what Hannah called it as she glared at Kyle and I from where we were sitting at the table that morning eating cereal and glaring at each other.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE DOOR?” Archie screamed from upstairs

“Oh shit.” Kyle and I said in unison.

“Arabella Rose princeses do not swear!” My dad scowled just Archie came running down the stairs.

“You two have three seconds to start talking or so help me you will be grounded until your hair is white and you have to use each other as walking sticks.” Archie smacked his hand against the front room door.

“It was Kyle’s fault!” I shouted.

Just as Kyle shouted “It was Ari’s fault?”

“My fault?” We said again in unison but this time to eachother

“You locked me in the room!” I said through gritted teeth “I was frightened for my life and I needed a pee!”

“Well you blew the door over so it was your fault!  I didn’t even touch the door!” Kyle shouted

“I wouldn’t have had to knock it down if you hadn’t-”

“THAT’S ENOUGH!” Archie shouted, slamming his fist against the wall. “I am blaming both of you as you seem to look equally responsible to me. I don’t know what happened between you two but tomorrow you will stay here and scrub this house from top to bottom. You will work together. No elcronic devices. You are both grounded.” Archie then dramatically stormed out of the room obviously thinking he was God and had all the power now he had managed to ground two teenagers.

“I am very disappointed in you Arabella.” My father looked down his nose at me and then followed Archie out of the room.

“I hate you, you bastard.” I mumbled to Kyle.

“ARABELLA YOU WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE!” My father shouted back from the other room.

 ~~~~~~~~

“You missed a spot.” Kyle pointed to a bit of the floor that I had not polished yet from where he was lounged on the sofa.

“Aren’t I the princess here?” I arched an eyebrow “This should be the other way around!”

“Yes but you’re grounded.” Kyle popped a peanut into his mouth and smirked at me.

“Ugh!” I let out a huff and threw the cloth I was using to polish the floor at him, hitting him straight in the face “You’re grounded too you arsehole! Get over here and help me!”

He slowly removed the cloth from his face and scowled at me “No.”

“I order you to get up and help me.”

“Nope.” Kyle laughed, popping the ‘p’

I glared at him before focusing on the sofa he was lounging on, I imagined it flicking up and tipping him off.

And with a little bit of help from my powers and the wind I managed to do just that.

“ARABELLA!” He shouted

“KYLE!” I shouted back in the same tone.

He grabbed the cloth I had thrown at him in defeat and walked over to where I had ‘missed a spot.’

We cleaned in silence for a few minutes before Kyle’s non-existent attention span started playing up.

“We could tie these clothes around our feet and clean like that.” He declared like a small child would.

“What?” I laughed at the idea.

“Yeah, give me one of those hair elastics you always have on your wrist!” He jumped up from the ground.

“Here,” I flicked a hair band at him, hitting him in the chest.

“You’re very abusive Ari, it’s no good for my ego.” He clutched his heart as if he were in pain before picking the hair band off of the floor and tying the cloth around his foot- securing it with the band. “Get me another cloth and hair band, would you?” He ordered, still looking down at his ‘creation’.

I rolled my eyes but did as I was told, grabbing two more cloths for me as well because I wasn’t going to let him have all the fun.

A few minutes later, we had our ‘skates’ – what Kyle kept calling them- on our feet.

I sprayed the floor with polish as Kyle pushed the big sofa out of the way, leaving us with a huge space.

Kyle slid across the ground first, nearly falling into the fire place as he did so.

“Careful!” I laughed at him

“I’d like to see you try it.” He scoffed and folded his arms over his chest, obviously expecting me to make a fool out of myself.

“Okay,” I shrugged and glided across the floor “I don’t see how you managed to fall over Kyle, it’s not that hard.”

“Oh shut up.” Kyle Started skating along the floor.

We must have looked ridiculous if anyone had seen us through the window, but to us, it was the best part of the whole day.

“May I have this dance Princess?” Kyle jokingly asked and bowed down to me, holding his left hand out for me to take.

I was going to answer with a “Nah, you’re alright.” But decided against it; this was the most fun I’d ever had with Kyle and I didn’t want to ruin it.

“Of course.” I laughed and put my hand in his, we slid across the room in all different directions, spinning and jumping (Kyle tried to convince me to do the Dirty Dancing lift but I quickly declined telling him I liked how my bones were all in the right places.)

After that, we got two brooms out of the cupboard and sang into them as if they were microphones to any song we could think of whilst we swept away any crumbs on the kitchen floor.

“Do witches actually ride these?” I asked Kyle when we were having a ‘singing break’.

“What?” He laughed

“You know, everything I thought I knew about magical creatures seems to be wrong…” I trailed off, embarrassed.

“First of all,” Kyle nudged me with his elbow, trying to make it a bit less awkward “You don’t have to be embarrassed to ask me anything…I know everything so it would only be right to ask me.” He winked “Secondly, don’t call anything a magical creature if you want your head attached to your neck and to answer your question: I guess witches could if they wanted to but it’s not that popular anymore.”

“Okay,” I laughed and we carried on out work in silence.

We didn’t speak again until we were unloading the dishwasher.

“Kyle?” I asked “What’s my father like?”

“He’s a great king.” Kyle answered automatically.

“No, not like that. I mean, is he a good person? What’s his favourite pizza topping? What religion is he? Is he an Edward or Jacob fan? Is he strict? Will he let me-”

“Whoah Princess.” Kyle laughed and cut me off from rambling “I think these are the things you should talk to your father about. You need to get to know him your own way. Give him a chance because I know he’s a good man but he just doesn’t know how to be a father. You are his only child and he sent you away for such a long time- he’s used to you crying and when he held you, you would stop. He’s used to the baby he changed nappies for or the toddler that picked him flowers. He isn’t used to a teenage daughter. He doesn’t know how to cope. He’s the king, no one ever speaks back to him in the way that you do.” Kyle sighed “There isn’t anyone like you Arabella.”

I was about to answer but the doorbell went off and so I fled to see who was at the door.

It was dark outside already and the porch light didn’t work very well so it was going to be hard to tell who the hell was here. I knew that my ‘family’ wasn’t coming home until a lot later.

As I pulled the door open, I let out a loud gasp at the sight before me.

A tall, broad figure stood in my doorway, blood everywhere with bruises covering

nearly every piece of skin I could see. Their clothes were ripped and they were breathing very heavily.

“OH MY GOD!” I screamed.

“Stop screaming.” The person commanded and reached out to grab me.

***

DUN DUN DUN.

Soooo... what do you guys think's gonna happen? Who do you think it is?

Okay question.... If you could each have one power, would would you have?

I like what Ari has but since I said one I'm gonna go with time travel so I can see the answer to the French exam tomorrow and then go back and take it.

I am super duper happy this week because it's my birthday in 2 days and my summer holidays start this friday (4 days) I caaaaan't wait:)))))

I hope you're enjoying TPoE and if you have any questions about the book feel free to ask.

Vote, Comment and Follow!

YourSecretNerd xoxox

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1.7K 144 30
Serena, the heiress to the throne is born, bringing joy to her parents, the King and the Queen, and every resident of Elementia. Everyone is expectan...
200 3 19
Naomi has grown up surrounded by technology and constantly warned that magic is dangerous, but when she's approached by a top-secret magic organizati...
3.2K 306 65
"So, you rode Azymondias? The Dragon King?" My dad asked, surprised. "Yup." "And you were the only one to acquire one of his scales?" "Yup." "But...
432 79 21
UNEDITED * STARTED: September 05,2022 COMPLETED: May 20, 2023* Elemental wars, an awkwardly flirtatious warrior lady, a missing king and one song t...