CROSSROADS

By akriti_sharma

She for him was a faded memory He for her was the privileged one She was very vocal about her hatred He was... More

1-{Denmark Diaries}
2-{Can they Coexist?}
3-{Stairway to Closeness}
4-{This is what loves looks like}
5-{Its about family}

Prologue

5.5K 417 71
By akriti_sharma

Hello Readers..first of all thank you for your warm wishes on my birthday, so here's the return gift wrapped with lot of love and passion...!!
Here I am with a new story, perhaps a 3 or 5 shot...
This story is based on Kaise Yeh Yaarian Season3, so there would be a reference to the show every now and then..The story is my interpretation of Season 3 with an addition of 2 characters..The language used in the story will predominantly English however there would be some conversations in Hindi as well..

Before I move ahead a huge thank you to StarsAndFireflies_ for creating a cover for the story at such short notice...thank you sweetheart for this

Proudly presenting my new story - CROSSROADS

Main Characters

Parth Samthaan as Manik Malhotra
Niti Taylor as Nandini Murthy
Jennifer Winget as Myra Malhotra Sahni
Karan Wahi as Kartikeya Sahni

Supporting Cast

Ayaz Khan as Srikant Malhotra
Kishwer Merchant as Neyonika Malhotra
Pranay Pachauri as Zubin
Charlie Chauhan as Mukti
Barkha Singh as Jeff
Radhika Bangia as Innaya
Meherzan Mazda as Smaran
Mehul Nisar as Venkatesh Murthy
Ritu Vasishta as Shanno Murthy
Steve as Rishab Murthy

Introduction

In a world full of GREY's where the better choice mostly is the less fatal one, Stranded on a CROSSROAD what is a better choice

"A child abandoned by her parents to withstand the destruction on her own
OR
A child taken in care only to be destroyed and demolished bit by bit"

————————————-

"I so knew it..!!"; Myra shouted as she kept her phone down
"Why the hell are you so grumpy this early in the morning"; asked Kartikeya rubbing his eyes trying to get rid of sleep
"Mr.Malhotra called me just now"
"You mean your Dad..that's good right, see he remembers your birthday"
"You wish..he called me to inform that my so called little brother is coming to Denmark with his girlfriend and he wants me to arrange for his stay"
"Ohk..listen relax I will book a room in a hotel for them..you don't need to worry"
"Wait did I forgot to mention that he is gonna stay here for a few years and also that he is here for a treatment..apparently he is sick"
"Ok in that case, what do you want to do"
"As much as I hate his presence around me, I think he can stay in the guest house and then you can also ask him to find a place for himself soon"
"Me..hello wait why should I ask, he is your brother..don't you think you should have a conversation with him..why do you hate him so much"
"Well May be because, my parents decided to keep him with them, with my so called mother taking him in and my namesake father deciding to stay in a city close to his, while they chose to abandon me when they decided to part their ways..!!"
"Ok ok...but just think for once Myra, the grass always looks greener on the other side...may be Manik's life hasn't really been a bed of roses as you perceive it to be..!!"
"He has a band of his own, he has a loving girlfriend who is accompanying him to a different country just because he is not well, he has the love and care of Mr.Malhotra who doesn't think twice to turn the world upside down when it comes to something that concerns his son and of course he has Mrs.Malhotra, the legal guardian of Manik Malhotra"

————————————

Meanwhile, in an eight bedroom mansion in Mumbai

"Manik Malhotra, are you kidding me..you still have to pack your stuff..?? have you forgotten that we have a flight in a couple of hours", Nandini scolded Manik looking at the disheveled state of his room
"Yaar Nandini why are you so late..?? You know I can't find a thing here", replied Manik
"With a room that practically looks like a flee market, how are you even comprehending to find what you need..listen do me a favour..just get your passport and reports packed in safely, rest i'll manage"
"Damn girl you are saviour..you know that right"

A couple of minutes later

"Manik you never told me about your sister..I mean uptill a few hours ago I didn't even know you had a sister and now we would be living with her"
"I was five when I met her the last time..she used to stay in a hostel in Ooty while I went to Dehradoon..we just met in the summer break as kids...she is like faded memory in my head..I always wanted to ask where she was but then Dad never had the time to answer my questions while Nyeonika never cared and then honestly I too got busy with Fab5 and eventually life..!!"
"Do you remember anything about her..like something that she used to like..i was thinking of buying something for her maybe from the airport itself.."
"Aray yaar you and your philosophy around gifts..I remember she loved that round thing with feathers that you place over bed and on the window what is it called, umm ya..dream catchers..back in the days when we were a family dad used to get that for her and a car for me every time he went on a trip..!!"
"Cool then we will buy it for her tomorrow before leaving for the airport...Manik she must have lead a difficult life na..I mean she is was all alone..it must have been so difficult for her"
"True that but you know what I am kinda glad that she wasn't a part of the mess or tussle between Dad and Neyonika..it would have destroyed her just the way it destroyed me..!!"

——————————————-
In our lives there comes a point when we find ourselves at the crossroads, when we have to make a choice

Srikant and Neyonika Malhotra separated after 12 years of marriage. Their elder child Myra was 11 years old and younger son Manik was just 6 years old. Srikant's undying love for his son, in turn made Manik a pawn in Nyeonika's evil game where everything was measured in a give and take balance. As for Myra her monetary expenses were taken care of but her emotions and feelings were abandoned, Srikant called her once in year and two and Nyeonika, well let's just say she forgot that she gave birth to a daughter as well.

Amidst all the chaos in their lives the siblings lost the connect, rather the connect never got a chance to develop in the first place..

So now that they meet..what's in store for the siblings Manik and Myra and their better halfs Nandini and Kartikeya

"She for him was a faded memory
He for her was the privileged one

She was very vocal about her hatred
He was equally hesitant to show his love

They were not lovers..
They were siblings bonded by blood and separated by a choice their parents made"

Stay tuned to find out

——————————————-

Let me know your view on the story..the future of the story will be solely based on the reception it receives..so let me know..!!

for the first time I am tagging a few fellow friends here, please don't be mad in case you don't like me tagging you..just let me know and I will remove the tag no questions asked

srishti_chakraborty
saymimanandher
saminthelostworld
absnads
akritiguptap
SizzPani
pani_possible
StarsAndFireflies_
JstAnadaWritaNxtDor
ManikxNandini
itshappieme
AMAAYA1114
Reney_Rija
littledamselintown
MaNanlicious_Angel
ManitaV
Itslikeametaphor
fearless_wanderer
StarsAndFireflies_

Awaiting your views

Hoping for a good response
Love
Akriti 💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 1.3K 24
Hello lovely people 💕 This is my first story .Do support and show your love ❤️ This is a story of Someone's curse ,then Someone's boon , Someone'...
223K 22.1K 44
Two people. Their tale after they bump into each other after nine years. One is back for a wedding. The other is where the one had left him years bef...
12.6K 865 11
Four Brothers and One Sister! A sister who stayed with her mother away from her brothers. She saw and went through enough in her life at a young age...
136K 12.4K 13
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 "𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝" 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 �...