Broken (Harry Styles)

By MathildeDujardin

Rebecca is living with her abusive father when she meets Harry Styles and the rest of One Direction. They qui... More

Warning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20

Chapter 19

412 14 0
By MathildeDujardin

Chapter nineteen

Harry's POV:

I sit in the car and debate if I should follow her inside. She just went in and I just want to tell her that this virgin thing isn't a big deal and also I really want to tell her that I love her..

But I believe her dad is in there I don't think it's the best place to tell her that I love her for the first time with her dad there.

So I end up starting the car and driving home.

Becca's POV:

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!?!?" He stares at me clearly expecting an answer, only problem I don't have one for him. I can't tell him Harry is my boyfriend. He would surely kill me right now right here.

Maybe he didn't even see anything, he could have just witnessed me getting out of a car. But then why would he be this mad? What the hell am I thinking, he doesn't need a reason to be mad at me, he just is.

"What do you mean?" I ask him, trying to figure out how much me knows. My voice is shaky but I'm trying my very best to appear unaffected by his angry demeanor.

"Don't pretend like you don't know! I saw you!" He hisses at me and moves even closer to my now trembling body, I try to back up but I'm stuck by the door.

"I saw you get out of that car. A guy's car at that. No daughter of mine will be out whoring around like that!" He slaps me across the face, it hurts but its not nearly as bad as it could be.

"Dad I swear I'm not.. Doing anything with him.. I don't even really know him." I don't know what I'm saying right now, I'll say anything to save my ass from being kicked.

"Don't you dare lie to me! You ungrateful little girl!" His dark voice is calm and collected, completely different from the harsh words he's throwing my way.

I hate it when he calls me a little girl, though I guess it's very fitting actually, he always makes me feel so damn small. It's like I don't have a voice when I'm around him, I suppose that's what years of abuse will do to you. But I can't help but dream though of a time and place where I had the courage to stand up to him and maybe even put an end to all of this.

But it's all a stupid fantasy that won't happen.

"Please I'm not lying. He's related to Mrs. Sanford and he was just giving me a ride home." Please believe me, please please please, I don't think I can handle a beating right now.

He looks me up and down like that's going to help him in his decision of whether or not to believe my little lie. My face gives nothing away as the seconds pas.

Just make up your damn mind already! Hit me or don't! If I had just driven my self home I wouldn't be in this mess. Being the idiot I am I left my car at Harry's, just because he offered to drive me back and I wasn't ready to be away from him completely. I'm such an Idiot.

"Where's your car?" He asks.

"At the mechanics. There needed to be changed an oil filter." It makes sense to use the same lie that I had used earlier. I had texted him hours ago that I had car troubles. At the time is was just to buy myself some more time with Harry but now it is coming in handy.

"Don't expect me to pay for that!" He grunts and walks back into the living room, planting his ass in front of the couch.

I breath in a relieved breath and walk up to my room. 'Don't expect me to pay for that!' How can he say that like he ever pays for anything! I take care of myself and sometimes even him with my salary from the cafe.

The rest of the night is mostly quiet, no drama.

I make us a pasta dish with chicken and a tomato salad for dinner. My dad doesn't touch the salad but that's not surprising to me, he usually doesn't.

I can't help but feel like I was very lucky earlier today, but I can't even enjoy the fact that I got out of it without a beating because I know my future holds plenty more of them. That's what my life is like, I can't even enjoy the fact that I got out of it in one peace because I know it's only a matter of time before the next bad mood strikes in my dad.

*****

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing, I snatch it from the bedside table and answer it without checking the caller id.

*Hello?"

*Good morning Rebecca* the warm voice I love to hear greets me.

*Hi Mrs. Sanford, what's up?* she chuckles lightly on the other end, maybe a response to my 'what's up'.

*Well I know it's early and actually your day off but would you mind working today?* she asks politely.

*Of course I'll come in. What time do you want me there?* I do really want to go to work, it's so much better than hanging around the house just waiting for my dad to flip out about something random.

*Around nine would be lovely dear.*

*sure thing, I'll see you then* I respond, sitting up in bed.

*Thank you dear, bye*

When the call ends I check the time on my phone to find it's 07.20 am, I have plenty of time to get ready.

I take a quick shower, brush my teeth, use the toilet and get myself dressed in a pair of tight navy blue jeans and a black tank top and also a light brown cardigan, I wear a lot of cardigans but I really like this one, the material is so soft against my skin.

I seat myself in front of my mirror to apply make up, I don't need a lot of cover up today so it's quickly done.

As I'm walking down the stairs heading for the kitchen I hear rustling by the cabinets, I guess my dad is up, unusually for him on a day like this. He doesn't have to work until late tonight.

When I enter the kitchen, it's not my dad but in fact Randy standing there with his greasy hands around a coffee cop.

I didn't hear him come over, it must have been pretty late last night.

"Morning" he smirks at me and lean on the counter with his coffee. I was going to get some breakfast but right now I wish I would have just went straight for the front door. I'm not even that hungry anyway.

"Good morning" I say in a small voice, I try to decide what I'm going to do right now, I could leave but that would make me arrive early at work, but more importantly I'm afraid Randy will tell my dad I was being rude by just leaving so suddenly, he's done it before.

"Sleep well Becky?" Randy asks sweetly, though I know he's anything but sweet. I hate that he calls me Becky, it's not the nickname I have a problem with, it's just hearing it from his disgusting mouth.

"Fine, you?" I offer him a friendly smile. Friendly but very very fake.

"Oh honey I slept very well" a shiver runs down by spine from him calling me honey. He hasn't exactly done me any harm before but I know it's in his mind and he's always been very inappropriate with me.

"Well I have to go to work, I have an early shift." I dismiss myself and hurry out of the kitchen heading for the front door.

"See ya later hon" he says loudly, it's sounds like both a promise and a threat. Fuck.

When I'm in the car driving away from the house, I manage to get my breathing back to normal, I hadn't even realized that it had changed while talking to Randy, but now that I've put some space between us, I'm more calm.

I just hope Randy doesn't tell my dad I hurried out of the house like that while talking to him. Dad would take that as I had disrespected his friend and he always gives me hell for that.

"Morning dear, you're quite early?" Mrs. Sanford greets me and slips in a question about my early arrival.

"Oh yeah I didn't have anything better to do so I figured I might as well make good time. She smiles kindly at me with a hint of sympathy.

"I know you don't get on with your father and thinks aren't easy, you can tell me dear. I'm here for you" her kind words almost brings me to tears, and they probably would if I didn't have a strict no crying in front of others rule. I haven't given Mrs. Sanford much information about my home situation, I suppose she has figured it out do to the fact I'm here so often even when I don't have to work. It warms me that she cares about me. As long as all she knows is that things aren't great at home, she can't know anything else.

"Thank you Mrs. Sanford." Is all I can think to say and I smile brightly at her to let her know I appreciate it.

After that we both get on with work, mrs. Sanford leaves around noon for a doctors appointment, that's why she wanted me to come in, because she would be away for a few hours.

The day drags on slowly, nothing interesting really. I'm attending to an elderly man when Harry enters the café. He's dressed in a pair of tight black jeans, a white V-neck shirt and a casual black blazer. He looks hot! The costumer has to repeat his order because I'm that distracted.

Harry's watching me closely with a smirk on his handsome face. He probably noticed me drooling all over him.

I hand the patient elderly man his coffee and muffin to-go and focus on Harry. He approaches the counter and gives me cheeky smile showing his dimples.

"You were totally checking me out" he grins and cue the blushing! Damn that's embarrassing.

"Don't be shy. I was checking you out as well." He smirks.

Harry leans over the counter to give me swift kiss on the cheek and then a brief on my lips, as always the small amount of contact isn't enough so I lean into the kiss, but as soon as I do there are suddenly cameras flashing and people yelling things.

Harry and I both pull back, to find out about the disruption.

The café is right now filling up with paparazzi and fans.

---------

Sorry there keep being these stupid waits:-/ I'll try to improve on it:-)

Please vote:-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 3.6K 49
When I (writing as Jess) Finds her brother in desperation pinned up against the wall, what will she do? If she helps him, what will happen? if she do...
559 141 31
She can finally start a new life. Shouldn't that be a reason to be happy? In this case probably not. She escapes her old life and wants to start over...
1.1M 33.7K 101
Just as things were starting to come together, everything slipped away. A tragic series of events forces Kate to learn her love story backward while...
13.9K 492 30
Niall's alive, but still broken. Not to mention shipped off to a rehab center. Louis is in a coma, maybe to never wake up again. Zayn start having pr...