keeper [rick flag]

By -bvcky

When sisters and archeologists June and Ryland Moone wander into the wrong cave, they don't expect to be pos... More

Cast and Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Sequel and Others
Bonus !!! 7k reads!

Chapter 17

6.6K 147 11
By -bvcky

Dedicated to: @offikrissi . Thank you so much for voting on my story, and for constantly being supportive of my story. You don't know how happy I get seeing your name on my notifications when I release a new chapter. So, this chapter is for you. 

_________

Ryland's hair whips around her face, the strong force of the helicopters making it difficult to stand upright.

"Saviour one-cero. This is ground element"She hears a soldier exclaims into their Radio.

Ryland walks forward, stopping when she is standing in the middle of Deadshot and Rick, who is looking forward at the helicopter, which is hovering above ground.

Both Ryland and Rick turn to look at each other, making eye contact briefly. Then, Ryland clears her throat, watching him for a moment more before both turning to look forward.

"Saviour one-cero. Do you copy?" The soldiers asks again, wondering why the helicopter isn't landing.

Ryland's arms cross over her chest, and she shifts her weight from one foot to another, waiting for the helicopter to land.

"Saviour one cero. The landing zone is clear" He repeats, his voice rising.

Rylands eyebrows furrow, and she turns to look at Rick, who is also staring at the helicopter in confusion.

"Rick. What's going on?" She finally asks, for a moment forgetting she was mad at him, and only concentrated on the problem in front of them.

Rick continues to look at the helicopter with suspicion, his jaw clutched tight.

"I don't know, Ry" He says simply, looking around the roof of the building. And then, realisation dawns on him. His head jerks back to look at the helicopter, and he purses his lips.

He looks at Deadshot, making eye contact for a moment, before turning back to look at the helicopter.

"Our birds been jacked" Rick finally says, as he pushes Ryland roughly behind him and points his gun at the Helicopter.

"Light it up!" He screams, aiming his gun at the helicopter.

Instantly, a fire of bullets is rained down, making Ryland flinch as she covers her her head, her hair flowing in all directions.

She crouches down, crawling until she is behind a large wooden box, and then she pants for breath, looking around her as she sees dozens of soldiers drop dead like flies, the sound of multiple guns being fired directly on her ears.

She shakes her head, turning to look at her hands. And then curses.

"Why is this happening?" She whispers desperately to herself as she watches the red mist come out of her hands, except it is in a much larger scale now.

She shuts her eyes tightly, trying to block out the noise of screaming soldiers and machine guns being fired, and closes her hands into fists, trying to make it stop, in the process, digging nail marks into the palm of her hands.

After a few seconds, she opens her eyes, and let's out a relived sigh when she sees the red mist has disappeared.

Slowly, she turns around, facing the box, and peeks over the edge.

Her eyes widen in horror as she sees red lasers shoot from the helicopter and into solders, knocking them into the ground. Dead.

And then, she sees the unexpected. The Joker.

Laughing hysterically and shooting at soldiers like a mad man, he stands on the helicopter.

Her eyes shift to Rick, who is besides her, taking cover behind another large box, and is shooting the helicopter, one eye closed for aim.

Rick turns looks at her, and motions to the doorway that is behind her, telling her to get inside, but she shakes her head, ducking as she sees a red laser coming her way.

And then, from across her, she sees Harley stand up, and walk towards the helicopter.

Her eyebrows stops furrowing, and her mouth opens in a slight o, finally realising that the Joker is here to take Harley.

Harley walks towards the helicopter with open arms, grabbing the rope that is hanging from it with a big smile as she stares at the Joker with loving eyes.

Ryland let's out a breath, shaking her head, and looks at Rick, who is now ducked behind a box, sitting besides Amanda, who is watching the whole show.

"Kill her!" She hears Amanda yell at Rick.

Rylands eyes widen as she sees Rick grab the device, and tap it repeadelty.

He turns to look at Amanda after a moment.

"Her nanites disarmed!" He yells over the fire, as Ryland watches harley jump into the air, only to grab the rope hanging from the helicopter and carry her up into the air.

Ryland stands up slowly, watching as Deadshot also stands up, his gun clutched in his arms, watching as Harley giggles and sends kisses to therm.

"Deadshot!" Amanda yells, catching Ryland's attention.

"Shoot that woman right now" Amanda yells as she walks towards him with a powerful stride.

Ryland walks out of her way, stumbling over a dead body, but regaining her balance a few seconds later.

Looking around her as she walks, she stops walking when she reaches Rick, standing besides him without uttering a word.

"She ain't so shit to me" she hears Deadshot reply to Amanda, watching as he walks closer to her.

Amanda stares at him before taking a step towards him.

Rick motions for Ryland to stay still, while he starts walking towards Amanda and Deadshot, his gun held high against him.

"You're a hitman, right?" She questions. "I got a contract. Kill Harley Quinn. Do it for your freedom and your daughter."

Deadshot looks at Amanda for a moment, before stepping back and turning to look at Harley.

"Okay now she dead" He says, as he brings his gun up high and rests it on a big box, pointing at the helicopter.

There is a tense moment, where Deadshot aims at Halrey.

Ryland stares, and walks a few steps over to them, her hands in her pant pockets, her feet shifting from left to right as she stands besides Katana.

Then the gun goes off, and she watches as Harley falls down the rope, unconscious.

Everyone is silent for a second.

And then, Harley springs to life, giggling at them as she pulls herself up the rope.

Deadshot pulls back, pulling his gun down and staring at Amanda for a second, and then walking past Rick, then Boomerang, and then Ryland. The both of them make eye contact for a second, before Deadshot breaks it, turning around to fate the helicopter with a straight face.

"Good one, mate" She hears Boomerang whisper to him, but Deadshot does nothing.

Amanda stares at the helicopter for a second, before raising her walkie talkie up into her mouth.

"It's Waller, Saviour One-Cero has been hijacked. Shoot it down" She says.

"Roger that ma'am" Ryland hears the person reply.

She stares around, making eye contact with Rick, and then edging closer towards him.

"Now what?" She whispers, looking at him.

Rick shrugs.

"I don't know. Don't really care. If things get ugly. You run. You get it?" He says, looking at her seriously.

"What?" Ryland asks ,surprised.

"I am not going to leave you there to die" She says, shaking her head and turning to look forward.

"I don't care if I die. You have to promise me. Like I promised you, that you will run" He says, grabbing her chin softly and then turning it to look at him.

Ryland stays silent for a moment, remembering the promise that she had made him do a few days, before all this.

Then she nods, touching his arm softly.

"I promise"

Rick opens his mouth to reply, but there is a giant explosion.

Both of their heads turn towards the helicopter, watching as the helicopter goes crashing down into the building, exploding into a million pieces.

"Target destroyed ma'am" She finally hears the walkie talkie say.

Amanda raises it to her mouth, pressing a button.

"Thank you. Now get me off this roof"

Amanda lowers her hand, slowly turning around to face the team.

"The Joker and Harley Quinn no longer exist" She says with a cold emotion, causing KC to growl in response.

Boomerang watches Deadshot, who is staring at the helicopter.

"You couldn't save her" He says, which causes Deadshot to turn and look at him.

"Rick" She says simply, turning to look at him, the idea of them dying like Harley and Joker had on her mind.

"Yeah?" He asks, watching as another Helicopter lands in the roof.

"I... I just wanted to tell you " She whispers "that I didn't mean what I had said before. On the room, with Amanda" She says softly, which causes Rick to smile at her sweetly.

"I know, Ry. I know" He says, bringing her into a short hug, and then pulling back, the both of them turning to watch as the helicopter lands into the roof, it's doors opening.

__

A/N: Can y'all tell me if you liked this chapter? I would greatly appreciate that, since it tells me i'm on the right track! 

If you would like to see more flashbacks, please comment down below as well! I just love writing those, but I don't know if I should?

Also, we are 1h 25min into this story, which means we only have 48min to go! Who's excited? Because I'm not. i'm sad that it's ending so quickly!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 5.6K 16
The world always had dumb rules that need to be followed and it irritates me. These rules always stops me for having too much fun. And I'll say this:...
744K 19.5K 19
❝You aren't ugly Shi. You're beautiful inside and out.❞ ❝I'm a living disaster that's waiting to be unleashed.❞ ❝Yeah. But you're our beautiful disas...
13.3K 273 12
- Jackie Adanna; member of Task Force X. She knew the deal by now. Complete the mission, ten years off of her prison sentence. rick flag x fem!oc
97.7K 1.9K 34
"Everyone has an angel, a guardian who watches over us. We can't know what form they'll take one day an old man, next day a little girl. But don't l...