Mission: Find The Girl

By tangerineprince

NaΓ―ve: 1. (of a person or action) showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment. 2. (of a person) natural... More

Take 1 - Find Your Love - ACTION!
Take 2 - I Saw Him Standing There with a GPS - ACTION!
Take 3 - His butler - ACTION!
Take 4 - Misunderstood - ACTION!
Take 5 - A fight? I see. - ACTION!
Take 6 - Just Dance - ACTION!
Take 7 - Guilty Conscience - ACTION!
Take 8 - Story of My Life - ACTION!
Take 9 - Word Up! - ACTION!
Take 10 - Unpredictable - ACTION!
Take 11 - Marchin' On - ACTION!
Take 12 - Your Love Is A Lie - ACTION!
Take 13 - Dream Believer - ACTION!
Take 14 - Crush - ACTION!
Take 15 - I found her - ACTION!

Take 16 - Marie Antoinette, they said - ACTION!

141 9 12
By tangerineprince

Check out the awesome trailer made by Rhianna on the multimedia section! It's awesome! (:

***

Augustine's POV:

"What are you guys doing?" I asked to the lot, as soon as I got back with a couple of drinks.

"Nothing much." That new-girl-whom-I-just-met told me.

"So, what does a mole on the waist have to do with anything?" Amelia chimed in, asking the alien.

What the hell is Amelia talking about? Mole? Oh well, who cares, anyway?

"Do you read books, Justine?" That new-girl-I-forgot-the-name-already asked me. That was a quick change of subject.

I nodded in reply. Not that lame moniker again. Rather than that, do I look like some dumb kindergartener, who can't read books?

"Oh, I see. What's the book you have been reading lately?" She asked, as if she is testing me whether I actually read books.

What was the book I picked out from the Old Library Subdivision? I remember finishing the story at once and knowing how great it was but what the heck was the author's name? Never mind the author's name, at least the title, Tina! Oh, that stupid brain of mine, just remember it!

Wait, why do I even need to bother remembering it? It is none of her business anyway. Oh well, I will just-

-Oh, right. I just remembered.

"Fangirl," I answered back. Well, it had a green cover and I remember disliking Cath, the main heroine of the story. Er, not so sure what the author's name is though....

"Oh." She started, "You borrowed it just last period, right? Tell us all about the story. Oh wait, no way that you finished it-"

"I finished it already," I cut her off. What's her problem? She was suddenly from Ms. Very-Nice to a Ms. Nosey-Bitch. Maybe it is just me, deluding the conversation.

"Excuse me while I go back to the classroom."

I turned around finding Ro waking up from his seat. Hmm, is it me or his face look so pale?

"You haven't even finished your food yet. Don't you dare waste some in front of my very own eyes?" I yelled at him. I should control my tone. Oh well. Period.

He didn't even look at me or bother to respond. He just nonchalantly ignored my presence and walked past me. His face looked really wishy-washy (if that even made any sense).

Hold on a second, what's with this hitch?

"Attention all the students of Camio."

All the heads turned to the speakers around the canteen. Announcements aren't done very often, implicating that this might be something really important. Doubtlessly.

"Calling the Faustus students, please hurry to the GPC room. I repeat, please hurry to the GPC room."

My head perked up in that particular announcement. I looked at the rest of the students. Sure enough, they do understand the hidden meaning of the announcement. Oh wait, but not the newly transferred students, it seems. Even that Mr. Weirdo looked so befuddled.

"Go back to our classroom, everyone," I ordered them at once. Of course, the rest of the students rushed away to their own classrooms while Amelia, Brandon, Nate and Ro looked at their panic in bewilderment. It appears to be that Maria does understand the meaning, after all. Was she there from the beginning, not new, like this bunch?

Ro asked to me, with a bit of apprehension in his tone, "Excuse me, Ms. Augustine but what is a GPC room and who are the Faustus students?" So, this was his worry? This guy is definitely not normal.

Am I kidding myself? Of course, he is not normal! Duh.

 "GPC stands for 'Government People Coming' and 'Faustus students' are nothing but some unnecessary-added stuffs, so ignore that. That is there just to distract those government people if they are, by chance, somewhere near hearing the announcement," I explained to, not only Ro, but also to Amelia, Natal and Brandon. We were walking speedily through the corridors to reach our classroom.

"But Ms. Augustine, they could have just announced that normally. To a certain extent, they could have, at least-"

"Look, Ro. We can never know whether they are actually already inside our school compound. So we gotta be very careful. Urgh, I have got no time for this. Quick get in to the classroom! They will be here in no time!" I whisper-shouted at him as I pushed him inside the classroom.

I quickly closed the door and gestured some signs to the teacher, which he could pretend to take some serious, complicated class. Hurriedly, I reached for my blazer in my locker-table and put them on. I placed the perfectly normal dark brown braided wig onto my head. Oh, where are my glasses?

"Why on Earth are you putting on a wig?" Brandon asked me as his eyebrows raised in astonishment.

I sighed while fixing my uniform, "Oh, Brandy, whose brain is not even quarter the size of a walnut, would you please shut up and go back to your place? Oh and once they come in, act polite and good, all right?"

He argued back as he opened his mouth but thankfully, Amelia stepped in and closed his mouth with her hands and drag him all the way till back. Thanks, Amel. I owe you one.

ൠ ൠ ൠ

"So, you are the Secretary of this class. What about the Leader?" The bespectacled granny asked to me.

I smiled at her and answered, "She's currently sick at home."

The granny frowned. "Well, then? There must be a temporary substitute." She took out a notepad from her bag and opened her pen cap. Shit, I know what she is going to write down!

"I beg your pardon, ma'am, but we do have an impermanent stand-in," I said, as I motioned towards....Dang, who should I choose? Oh right, the Alien should be able to do this! I gestured to the granny at him.

"Oh, so this is the temporary substitute? I see," She nodded as she placed back her pen cap.

"I am, Ms. Augustine?" He asked me. For Pete's sake, Ro, can't you just fucking follow with the circumstances here? Read the situation!

"He seems truly bemused," The granny raised her eyebrows at me. Oh, for fuck's sake, shut your trap already.

"He seems aloof at times, but he's pretty reliable, ma'am," I tried to argue politely. Well, I got to say something.

"Then, what do you think of Antoinette?" She asked me suddenly.

"Excuse me?" I asked. I mean, where did that came from? That was so unexpected.

Yep, I am definitely attracting weirdoes.

She stiffened her posture and then, asked me, "Marie Antoinette. Tell me what you think of her."

That was an order. Not even a request. How did Marie Antoinette pop into this investigation process anyway?

The word weird would be an understatement.

I cleared my throat. "I feel that she is not to be much respected, or even bothered to be remembered since what she has done during the French Revolution is beyond forbearing. It was good that she was guillotined along with her husband."

She frowned at me and quickly turned around to the class. "Anyone has other opinions?"

There was no reply from them all. I motioned a few of them to speak up but they tried to avoid my eyes.

How dare them.

"Aunt Mariam!"

We all turned towards the figure at the door.

Wait a minute. No, no, no way! Why on Earth is he here?

"Chris! Haven't I told you to not call me with private informalities in public?" The old hag scolded the Blondie-whom-I-despise-to-the-core.

Chris rubbed the back of his neck while saying, "I'm sorry, Madam Antoinette."

My heart skipped a beat when the thought crossed my mind.

No, no, it is not what you think at all. That was not alleged to mean romantic or whatsoever. I was talking about what he called her.

Antoinette?

Does that mean that it's her last name?

Oh my gosh, I made a mistake.

I can't have the government officials filing a bad reputation of the school over this. Our director is very kind and generous towards us but her benevolence is always disapproved by the officials. They will snoop anything to somehow abolish the director's power even though she hasn't done anything wrong. I screamed inwardly in frustration.

"Actually, Madame." All heads turned to Brandon. What's he up to now? Can't you see we're busy now?

"Yes?" The old woman's eyebrows rose.

"I would rather say that Lady Marie Antoinette is in actuality attractive. Haven't you seen her portraits? They are absolutely stunning." Brandon finished of his little 'speech' with a smile.

For the record, thank you, Brandy. You can actually be helpful.

The old lady looked at him for a while. Then, she smiled for the very first time and then said, "This will be the end of the investigation. Thank you."

Well, that escalated quickly.

All is well.

"Actually, Madam." And Chris popped in. Great.

He looked at me with a smug. He then said, "What if they are pretending to look so first rate?"

The old lady looked at him questioningly.

I looked at him with confusion too.

What is that supposed to mean?-

-Oh, no.

No. No. No. No. No.

He meant my red hair, didn't he? Oh my god, what should I do?

Chris reached out his hands to touch my hair. My legs froze to the round, ceasing me to do anything. A hand reached out to firmly clout Chris' hands. Roland tightly clenched his fists when he stared coldly at Chris.

Why, thank you very much, Ro the weirdo. But tell me how you would explain this to the old lady looking at us skeptically.

Like I thought, she spoke up, "Why did you slap away my nephew's hand? How rude!"

Ah, I can see the future! My funeral ceremony is all set for me, they only need my corpse to get there. 

Ro kept his usual calm, stoic expression and turned to the madam. "Rule two-oh-eight of the academy's rules and regulations: If anyone tried to approach the opposite sex without their consent, they are to be punished severely immediately, even with justification."

He then, motioned towards Chris and then, said, "Would Madam want the public to infer that your nephew is soiled?"

Chris flinched, along with the old lady. The old one told him to apologize for the inconvenience and for the first time in my life, I am able to hear a sorry (very meekly) from him. They quickly went away from our class. They must have been really mortified.

Good one, Ro!

ൠ  ൠ  ൠ 

"Well, that was amazing! Wasn't it?" I nudged Ro.

Ro simply nodded. His expression didn't really changed much. Well, I'm practically used to it, but there used to be at least a change of expressions in his eyes. 

Dude, speak. What's with that attitude, since lunch time?

"Class, be quiet! Turn to page number hundred and nine!" The teacher shouted at the noisy class.

I opened my textbook and turned to the page hastily. The teacher was explaining it so boringly that I eventually fell asleep. I was having such a good dream where I was butchering Chris into several pieces and then, feeding him off to the stray dogs. Oh wait, poor dogs. I will just burn him in crematorium. 

Hmm, now back to sleeping. 

The next thing I knew, I got awakened by a fire bell and I woke up to find out no one else is there in class.

***

Sorry for the late update, guys! It's been a month, I know.

I will be having formative exams for a long, long week.

MFTG would be indefinitely halted till further notice. It's also under slow turtle construction. That's why.

VOTE, COMMENT & FOLLOW!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

809 21 21
18+ only She has had a great life with her wonderful family in her hometown of San Diego ca since she was born. She had an amazing life with her fam...
285K 4.6K 30
"I'm busy," he said sounding slightly irritated. Well that makes two of us. Suddenly I had an idea. I walked over to him with a smirk. I went behind...
300K 8K 42
She's troublesome. He lives for trouble. Both embedded with their own secrets and lies. A girl who's self-destruction leads her to a camp for delinqu...
542K 15.3K 44
Serenity [Sir-ren-ity] : The state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled. Chaos [Kay-os] : Complete disorder and confusion. β™•β™•β™• With being the Do...