She Belongs To The Billionair...

By HephziLolami

Billionaire's series ~ 1 Kara Wilson is your average twenty years old college student, striving to make... More

SBTTB
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Epilogue
Q and A

Chapter 20

98.7K 3.2K 93
By HephziLolami

Thank you all for 669 followers. Keep following and fangirling! 😘

Kara’s POV

*

         “Kara...”

I raised my head up from beside mama when I heard my name and heaved a grateful sigh that she was finally awake. It had been almost five hours since we got here and the doctor had given her some pills, including a sedative after I forced her to eat the hospital food.

“You’re awake.”

“Hmm.”

I hastily got up without sparing her as much as a glance. “That’s good. I’ll go get the doctor.”

“Kara?” She called again, her tone croaky as tiredness sagged her eyes shut while she struggled to leave them open. Stiffly, I turned around and gave her the ‘what now?’ look. She shook her head and beckoned with her left hand for me to come back.

“Sí?”

“You’re still angry.” She stated with a frown, as if I had no right to be angry.

“Yes.”

“And why is that, if I may ask?”

“You may not ask.” I all but snapped.

“Kara,” she called more softly. “Sit.”

I huffed and sat beside her.

“I know you have every right to be angry and it was my fault for speaking to you that way. I just didn’t want to trouble you.”

“You weren’t troubling me mama, you’ve never been trouble and will never be. You fuss over me all the time and I see no reason why I shouldn’t be there when you also need me.”

“I was only trying to keep it from you so you wouldn’t be troubled.”

“I understand mama and I know you were only doing it for my own good. I’m also sorry for acting up. I promise.” A smile finally crept up my face.

“I only want the best for you. I want you to concentrate on your studies and become a popular woman with much wealth like young master Stephano one day.” She smiled softly, her eyes slowly brimming.

Realization slowly dawned and I bit my lower lip. The fragility in her voice broke my heart for the umpteenth time and I took a gulp. So she was looking at Stephano all the while and wanted me to be hard-working as he was.

“I’ll try my best mama but you also have to rest. You can’t depend on those herbal treatments for everything so next time; though I’m hoping there’ll not be a next time, seek professional help.” I scolded with a scowl. “How is your leg by the way?”

She snickered, then giggled. “It’s better.”

I straightened in my seat and scowled, knowing I couldn’t deal with her pretense right now. “For real mama, how is your leg? Don’t try sugarcoating words, I’m not young master Stephano.”

She sighed and nodded again. “Okay, it’s still paining a bit but that’s just all.”

Her eyes looked a bit dull and this was an obvious sign of how tired she actually was, whether she admitted it or not. Mama always tried to act as if she was Batman and could never fall sick but I knew it was all pretense. 

I got up. “Let me get the doctor so he’ll ch-” the opening of the door had me biting my lower lip as I swallowed the rest of my words.

“She’s awake, I see.” The doctor said with a smile as he came in. He was Caucasian and should be in his fifties. He had an oblong face with a small nose and thin lips. We'd known him for years, all the way from the Stephano household where he was their family doctor. I opened my mouth to make a witty comment in addition to what he just said but suddenly shut it again when Stephano came in behind him.

My eyes instantly trailed over his form and I took a gulp. Even in black jean pants, a white tee-shirt and black converse boots, he was as good looking as ever.

“I’m better doctor, all good.” Mama replied sulkily. I chuckled at how whiny she sounded. Mama was obviously eager to get back to her life and start controlling things at home again.

The doctor smiled warmly and took hold of her hand in a gentle manner. “Yes, but you have to stay here for two more days Mrs. Natalia, so you won’t stress your leg. This man behind me told me you work far too much.”

He took a glance at Stephano before turning around to open a green record book and look through it.

“Young master!” Mama scolded playfully, unable to hide her shy smile but Stephano just shrugged with a straight look and his hands in his jean pocket.

“You also have to take all your medications without fail. Missing any could restore the pain because your dose will no longer be complete.”

“I’ll make sure she takes it all doc.” I imputed.

The doctor started asking mama some questions but my mind drifted elsewhere, my eyes secretly taking a different turn though I was still facing mama.

“Yo...you came.” I said in a small voice when I noticed he already caught my eyes on him.

“I wouldn’t leave my one time ago nanny all to herself in the hospital.” He stated on a flat note and then looked away.

Baffled, I blinked.

This wasn’t the same young master that crept into my room two weeks ago and was kissing me...wait, had he been playing me? Surely not. But I didn’t want a case where I would do or say something he didn’t like, especially since we hadn’t spoken since I returned to school. He moved closer to mama and muttered something in her ear before turning to face the doctor.

“The bill has been cleared. Send me the details from the discussion we had the other day.” His cool voice screamed dominance.

“I’ll do that.” He nodded at the doctor and took his leave after they shook hands, without even sparing me another glance.

My muscles instantly tensed up. I still didn’t understand this young master or how I was supposed to act around him. It seemed we would go back to the wicked young master and Cook’s daughter if he went back to how he previously used to throw me glares.

My heart started pounding in my chest as I wondered what I had done this time but after carefully thinking about it, I figured out that I didn’t even do anything wrong. He was just back to the good-looking but heartless and cold young master he had been all these years.

Not wanting to stress over the issue or call mama’s attention to my sudden change in mood, I asked about Gregory and if he’d improved, to which she responded in an affirmative.

I left mama at the hospital and went back home, only muttering answers whenever  Denzel, the other driver tried to ask me any question. He was friendly alright and we usually spoke from time to time, but at the moment, I wasn’t in the mood for talking.

I wasted no time in heading to the kitchen and finding myself something to eat the minute I was in.

“How is she now?” Preeti asked behind me as I rinsing the cup I had used to take my. I turned around to see her and Preeti behind me, both with inquisitive looks on their faces.

“She is better and the doctor ordered her to have a good rest. This time, she won’t be getting any escape.” The thought alone has my lips curling up in a devious manner and I noticed Preeti also doing the same.

“I’m glad.” Mimi spoke with a tired sigh and exited the kitchen.

I heaved a sigh myself and took a seat, admiring the tiled walls of the kitchen even though I had done it a thousand times since the mansion had been built.

“So, how is Adrie?” I snickered. Heat pulling off my ears at the mere mention of that person.

“She’s good.”

Preeti chuckled. “Let me guess, you guys fought.”

“Ye-”

“Again.”

My eyes rotated skywards. “Please, don’t remind me of the other one thousand times we’ve fought. She’s so stupid sometimes.”

Silence befell us again and I went back to the fridge, taking two large gulps from the carton where mama stored the fresh cow milk. Preeti scolded me but I brushed it off. It wasn’t every day we got to do this, especially with mama always creeping on us.

When I sauntered back to the stool I was sitting on, my mind drifted back to Stephano and his strange behavior.

I thought he wanted to keep the deal between us and I could vividly remember him telling me to do whatever I felt like with him but at the hospital the other time, he didn’t look like the Stephano I was slowly beginning to get acquainted with but the young master I knew.

Or was he drunk that night when he came in that night and snuggled closer to me?  He hadn’t been drunk because I would have smelled it on him. Maybe I should just go back to avoiding him from now on.

Kara...you’re thinking too much! My subconscious warned. I heaved another sigh yet again, wondering what sort of a situation I had found myself in. Was the contract still on or was it all sham? I didn’t even sign any papers to show that I was his pretend girlfriend.

“Is there something you’ll like to tell me? A problem shared is half solved.” Preeti’s voice jarred me out of my thoughts. I blinked and realized my mouth must have been opened way too long.

“Nothing Preeti.” I caressed her bangs. She had chocolate wavy hair that reached her waist. I’d always envied the color but I wouldn’t trade mine for anything ever.

“Well, it doesn’t look like it’s related to the issue with Adrian or argument with Natalia, and it’s definitely something.” She said in an observatory tone.

“What can I say Preeti? Things just aren’t going well.” I pulled my upper lip between my teeth and feasted on it, suddenly liking the taste as there were still lines of milk on my lips.

“Why do I sense a boy problem?” She wiggled her eyebrows.

“Nah. I don’t do those kinds of things.”

“And Michael Jackson is alive.” She snorted. I glared.

“Fine, you got me there.” I huffed.

“Dr. Phil female version is here to save the day darling. What’s wrong exactly? I could always have a supposed suggestion.” I watched her chocolate wavy hair dance on her head in the bun she’d styled it into. They jiggled with each shake of her head, as if wanting to jump out of the hair bond.

“Well...he kind of hated me before now but then he suddenly asked me out and now he seems to hate me again.” Well, that came out weird, didn’t it?

Preeti sat up and her smile slowly faltered. “Baby girl, there is no man that would ask you out and still hate you.”

“You know I said he hated me before asking me out?”

“Then he’s up to something. Also, some guys don’t know how to express it when they like someone or love them.”

Love? Please, I wish!

I snickered at the thought of a cold and heartless man who only did whatever he wanted falling in love but nodded when I caught Preeti pausing in her following sentence to make sure I was paying attention.

“When last did you talk to him?”

“Two weeks ago.”

“What?! And you’re dating him?” She asked incredulously.

Kind of... “Yes. It’s kind of complicated.”

“Oh. Well, maybe he misses you and doesn’t know how to express it.”

I blinked twice. “Really? Could that be possible?”

“Of course, he may miss you but not know how to express it. Just…don’t try to understand men. They’re all complicated.” Preeti chuckled, randomly scrolling through images on her phone.

“But he doesn’t stop glaring!” I huffed, already sensing a brewing headache.

“Well, this has something in relation to the young master.” I tensed for a bit with wide eyes, remembering all the times I had complained to her about young master’s constant glares, “Just give him time, I’m sure he’ll come around.”

I nodded quickly and swallowed.
Stephano. Give him time.

Okay then, I would do just that. Anyway, a business deal was the only thing that was between us. It wasn’t like I had to care so much, in fact, I shouldn’t care.

It would make things a lot less complicated after the so-called deal. 

...........

A/n: So? Stephano isn't the only one that has a temper, we see.

Thanks for reading. Keep the votes coming.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

736K 22.7K 63
BOOK 1 IN THE ROMANO SERIES (WARNING!!! 18+ ONLY ➡ THIS BOOK CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE AND EXPLICIT MATURE SCENES) Kiara Cambridge is a norm...
395K 15.8K 35
#2 in Romance 16/12/2016 #2 ambivalent love series #2 romance12/12/2016 Sequel to Tempting the Billionaire Book1 Sebastian has gotten the help he...
509K 10.8K 31
A 24 year old was left with her baby brother when she was just 18. Having to put her dreams on hold to raise him as if he was her own. 6 years later...
4.7M 122K 59
(Completed) Carrying the bag pack, I run. I run from the man I love. The man who is the father of my unborn children. I brush past the security check...