Night Shade: Family Ties

By RADplusMOON

(SEQUEL TO NIGHT SHADE: BLOOD BOUND) War has begun, things are turning from bad to worse. Seth wants Sam, hav... More

Prolouge ycS
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 2

42 3 1
By RADplusMOON

(Scar)

My eyes slowly opened to a bright light above my head, the slow murmur of people in the room had my head feel like a 2 ton boulder was pressing against it. My body lay stiff against a cold metal table, slowly I had my dumb fingers move a fraction. A soft white tarp was placed ontop of my naked body, the edge going past my feet but reached above my chest. My senses slowly coming back to me, and heard my wolf starting to stir. A warm sensation started from my heart than slowly dispersed into smaller chunks, like a trunk of a tree and growing out to the twigs on the branches.

The warmth reached toward my forehead and immediately my mind stirred in a reckless storm, than it reached my fingers and toes; they moved a little bit more. When my whole body was covered in the warmth, I didn't realize till now that my heart started beating in a slow pace. Almost as if I stopped breathing, I gasped as my eyes flew open; my whole body jerking upward like an electric shock.

People in lab coats yelled in shock, "Oh my god she's alive!"

"She wasn't a few moments ago!"

What the hell were they talking about? I couldn't wrap my head around it, it was too early in the morning anyway so I didn't know if I was just hearing things. I heard the doctors' footsteps hesitantly walk towards me with caution, my head raced too much. My body jerked upward, and I sat up, my jaw quivering and my hands shaking; I brought them up to my temples and rocked back and forth.

"What the hell is going on?" Spoke another doctor.

"I don't know but we need to report this back to Alpha Seth."

Suddenly a burst of energy surged through my body and my arms spread out. The doctors' caught on fire and I slowly went to the edge of the bed, my head too fatigued and slow to comprehend what was happening. I hopped off and clutched the white tarp around me tighter, my breathe ragged and exhausted. I ran out of the room, stumbling over my feet countless times, breathing hard the sprinklers went on. There was footsteps running down the hallway, thinking fast I hid behind a corner as they ran past.

Why am I here, where am I? Soon the alarm blared, I wanted to cover my sensitive ears from the horrible noise. Covering myself more, I didn't have enough energy to run anymore. My heart ached in my chest, and every single muscle in my body was groaning in pain. What the hell is happening to me? Unconsciously my hand reached up to my heart, hoping to ease up the pain.

My eyes started to blur out while my world was turning topsy- turvy. A row of soldiers suddenly stopped in their tracks as they ran toward me, the leader in front stared at me strange.

I reached a weak hand out, I tried to speak but my throat was so dry, and it pained to talk. "Help.. Me.. Please.."

Falling to one knee, the soldiers seemed hesitant, suddenly there fast movement scared me as they glided over, my breathe hitched up in my throat. Am I hyperventilating?

The leader knelled by my face, "Calm down, we won't hurt you. It was under Max's orders."

"Sir, you can't speak that name to her, she turns evil when you do." One of the soldiers whispered to their commanding officer, everyone seemed tense on what I was going to do next.

"Who's Max?" Looking up to the leaders eyes, seeing my own fright and frailness in his eyes.

Another surge of power escaped through my eyes than the leader collapsed to the ground, two holes through his eyes that exited through the back of his eyes. I screamed as he lay limp on the ground, two soldiers grabbed each of my arms, as if I was strong enough to break even one of they're grasps.

"What the hell happened to him?!" My screams still echoing through the hallway.

My fright intensified and the two soldiers fell to the ground in flames, withering in anguish. My horrid shrieks growing louder, as tears fell down my eyes. Suddenly a unmistakable agony recoiled down my spine, my screams dieing into a roar. I look down and found white paws, I screamed again and ran down the hallway; hoping to get away from the monster behind me. There was 2 crunches and I knew the monster stepped on the 2 other soldiers.

Another row of soldiers with reflective shields that was 6 feet tall stopped at my appearance, I wanted to yell there was a white furred beast coming after me but my whole body slid to a stop. Beading red eyes shown back at me, I screamed even loader. Running another way, I had to keep running otherwise I was going to be killed too. I closed my eyes as I prepared with the impact against the wall, but adrenaline ran through my veins, as I opened my eyes again I found myself outside.

Suddenly out of nowhere a solid wall of brown fur blocked me and I bounced back. Getting up I stared at the giant brown wolf thing, my fright reaching to a whole new level of scary. Suddenly there was another roll of agony, and I felt my arms and legs compress, feeling the tarp around my fingertips again; I wondered where it went. My head ached with my arms and legs burning like hell, falling to the floor I could no longer hold myself up. The world blurring out as the last glimpse I saw the brown wolf turning into a man with the alarm blaring in the distance.

................................................

Feeling life soak back into my skin, I slowly opened my weak eyes, quickly regretting the idea as a bright light wavered above me. After a couple minutes of sitting down I opened my eyes once again to find myself in a cave of some sort near the entrance. The sun was a blazing white with the ground and sky completely white as well, I would've thought I was in Antarctica but it wasn't cold, it was the perfect temperature. Suddenly it felt like a Jack hammer was to my temple as I sat up to fast, groaning I placed my hand to my head.

When the headache was gone I noticed that a bowl of water was on the left to me with mushed up food, on the right was a lamp light where you have to light a match to have it started. Feeling the rough mat under me, I realized it was homemade, is was out of lots of branches and lots of luck, with a pillow that had duck feathers fluffed inside them and a warm blanket that could've belonged to a hiker.

Looking up a man was leaning against the far wall across from me, closing his eyes as he slept. I opened my mouth to say something, but he opened his eyes at the same instant. He didn't seem tense or relaxed, he had a posture of accepting a fight if one faced him. His gaze shifted down, and I quickly realized I still had the flimsy white tarp around me; moving it upward as I hid more cleavage.

"Who are you?" I asked, my mind empty.

The man sat down in a crisscross form, concluding that I wasn't going to attack him. "You can call me... Max."

"Max why'd you help me?" My body still aching from the lack of food and water.

"I was simply doing a favor for a girl in need." He stated simply.

Nodding my head, I spotted something in the corner of my eye. Turning my head I screamed and back away deeper into the cave. A giant wolf with golden eyes trotted up with a bear flung over it's back with one dangling from his jaws, it trotted over as if the 2 ton bears weighed nothing. In a blink of an eye it turned into a human boy, my heart thumped in my chest harder, not knowing if he- no IT was going to kill me or not.

"Why's she still have just the death robe on her?"

Death robe? "How do you know me?" I asked timidly. The two men stared toward my direction, the boy narrowed his eyes than turned to the man.

"Wow your saving a girl that lost her memory, very unlike you unless she's that crazy chi-" Max dived toward him, pulling his hand around the boys mouth and escorted him outside, there was silence for a couple minutes but I didn't want to eavesdrop; that'd be rude.

The boy scrambled in with Max on his trails, Max smacked the back of the boys head, acting like expected when you get slapped the boy growled. I backed up more hastily toward the back of the cave, hoping that they couldn't see me. Max sat down in his original position, acting like he never moved, he shoved a piece of wood into a fireplace.

Without a glance toward me, his deep voiced wavered to the back of the cave. "It's expected of you to be concealed by the darkness. I guess even in death, the darkness always follows you." The fire lit, showing the rest of the cave except where I was at.

Suddenly like a shock wave, a incredible force ripped through my veins and traveled up to my brain, screaming as the shock wave sent a green light into my mind. Lunging forward I snatched Max's neck and threw him at the wall and held him there. There was a slight shuffle behind me but Max held out his hand in a 'wait' gesture.

"What the hell are you talking about murderer? You killed my father and the rest of my only family as well!" I screamed, the familiar feeling of a burning red gaze soak into my white ones, all my memories coming back to me like a circuit reboot.

"Looks like your memories are back Scarlette." He laughed.

I slammed his back against the wall once more. "Why'd you save me, you could've let them drag my unconscious ass back to the lab table where I woke up from."

"Hate to break it to you sweetheart but you were dead." I punched him in the face.

"Wanna try that again smart ass?" I spit.

Behind me the boy groaned, "Damn that's hot!"

"Not the time!" Max and I yelled in sync, I roughly grabbed Max by the collar and tossed him at the boy, food and water flying everywhere as Max hit the teenager.

Noticing the boy's wondering gaze, I noticed the tarp was slowly falling, grabbing it quickly I held it up back to my chest. Max rolls off the boy, they looked nothing alike, "Fine have your little temper tantrum. You have as long as you like."

"What happened to before in the woods with Seth when we fought, you stated before you left that the next time you saw me you were going to kill me." I narrowed my burning gaze.

"Well I did state that but there is many ways to 'kill' a person, it doesn't have to me a sword through a heart sort of sense. It could be mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, religiously, and so on. I think you get the picture."

"You want to break me."

He snapped his fingers across the air than pointed his index finger towards me, "Exactly."

I snarled, I'd like to see him try. Shifting, I pounced toward him, both him and the boy rolling to the side. Twisting my body in a catish way, I pushed off with my back legs and caught him by the shirt. He shifted from under me, cursing as his back touched the ground he pushed off with his hind legs and threw me to the end of the cave. My head connected to the diamond solid rock, a large pain covering the back of my head as the stench of blood drifted to Max.

Angry, my paws traced through the darkness toward the unbearable light. My eyes like usual shining through the crack of the darkness as it descended from the shadows.

"You weren't kidding that her eyes were a bloody red." Whispered the boy, not moving an inch sense he rolled out of the way. Why's he even here?

This time Max dived in for an attack, his claws tearing through my skin like an open carcass. Howling in pain I moved back before something stirred in my stomach, in a blur everything moved too fast for me and before I knew what happened to me I was pinned to the ground. The corner of my lips shifting down too a normal shape, Max didn't do anything, he just observed.

"Now will you listen."

I wiggled from under his Hercules strength, "Why should I listen to a damn thing you say you monster."

"Do you really want to through the 'M' word so carelessly around?" I swallowed down my next words, he was right.

"Didn't you notice what happened a few minutes ago?"

"Where you lunged at me and slammed your chopsticks into my rib cage." Max laughed at my comment.

"So I was right? That was your wild side, you were having fun slamming me against the wall and attacking me with the full intention of killing." I snarled, wiggling in his grasp again but this time I had no comment. He stopped my wiggling and pressed down harder, forcing me to shift back. Damn this is what my wolf was worried about when we were in the spirit plain!

Max pushed down harder on my stomach, instinctively my hands reached down to take his leg off but he knocked the wind out of me as he shifted his weight to his claws as they sank down into my rib cage. Unable to scream, let alone breathe I kicked and thrashed with no success.

"I'll let you go if you hear my side of the story, otherwise my foot is going to go directly through your stomach. And I don't think you'll be coming back a second time from hell, I don't know why the gods pitied you and sent you back to Earth."

Unable to think through the building pain, my lungs felt like they were on fire so I did the only instinct that came to mind and Max released his hold. Going on my hands and knees, I coughed up blood as I took in gasps of fresh air.

"Good, now as the person telling you the story why don't you start with the questions." He stated, shifting and sitting crisscrossed again.

Angry to accept defeat I still obliged to Max's rules. They weren't hurting anybody. "Fine! So what did you mean by. 'Even in death, the darkness still follows you,""

"It means how exactly how you hear it, the darkness is what drawn me toward you. As you already know, you're like the younger version of myself, but your darkness is greater than mine will ever be. That's why I took special interest in you, unlike Seth where he kept an eye on your little run- away since the moment the NightShade pack was destroyed."

I couldn't help the memory of being in the SPA and the task of saving my mother being a complete failure as I watched myself convict my first murder when I less than a day old. Suddenly something touched my neck and I noticed the boy from earlier place a jacket around my shoulders to hide the claw marks through the tarp, I wasn't going to thank him though. That would've been out of character.

"Than what did you mean 'Even in death-' I've never died. I'm living proof!" I'm shouting now.

"You have been dead for 4 months. -" He directly stated.

Suddenly it felt as if my mind was shattered, he continued as fear rouse in my heart and my breathe picked up pace. "-I was the one that found your limp corpse, no one saw what happened to you except for Sammantha Harris."

Sam? She saw me die?! No, of course I didn't die, that would be crazy! "-I brought you directly to the facility where you awakened to on the operation table. The doctors did some scans and officially stated you were dead, we kept you in a freezer so your skin wouldn't peel off and look gross than when the time came to take you out to do some study, you woke up." He finished.

No, I couldn't believe it, I was stuck in a freezer box for 4 months! "... Prove it!" I stated, crossing my arms over my chest.

Max looked up at the young werewolf, "Akshay."

The boy named Akshay handed me a file, it stated at the top. CASE 1: WHITE WOLF OF BLOOD. I opened the file and almost dropped the packet, a tear started at the rim of my eye. Here showed pictures of me- no my empty corpse as it went through test results after test results and handwriting written near the picture. I flipped through to the last page, not able to look through the rest of the pictures and results. It held two pics,on the left it stated below the pic (BEFORE) and it was me laying against a tree with my back bent the wrong way, but that wasn't the cause of the death. There was a distinctive hole you couldn't see if you had normal eyes, if I had my x-ray vision I could see it clear as day. It was radioactive, a smothering hole big enough for 3 heads to fit was over where my heart would've been.

Unconscionably my hands reached up to my chest, imagining a giant hole being there but you wouldn't notice, it was under the skin. On the right picture stated (AFTER) and it showed the same tarp I was wearing now ontop of me over my feet but reached past my chest as I was placed on a stretcher and being put in the freezer. In the picture you could tell how cold the temperature was by the waves of frost mixed in with the multiple body heats.

Dropping the file in front of me, I couldn't stop staring at the picture of me being put into the freezer. I was dead, actually dead. Afraid to ask but I did anyway, "What happened to Sammantha?"

"Don't you address her by Sam?"

"No, always by Sammantha. But you never answered the question!" Becoming impatient.

Max gave me a straight face, his eyes emotionless and his jaw chiseled straight. "She's dead. Ben Harris declared her traitor after he got a report of your absence, guess he smelled your blood on Sammantha and your scent didn't go anywhere past the Alaskan territory."

Immediately I remembered being so mad and desperate to not have Sam leave Uncle Ben's land, that I attacked her, and she took a chunk of skin and fur with her when she tore my side out. Than everything afterwards went blurry until I faintly remember my back aching so bad I couldn't move. Yes I remember now, I broke it, but how? Than I saw a bright green light than everything vanished.

My hand clutched the spot above my heart harder, hoping to tear my heart out again. "Sammantha is... Dead.. I was.. Dead.." Knowing that Sammantha died brought more pain than knowing I was dead for 4 months.

I slammed my fist against the ground, right next to the file. Tears fell ontop of the dirty floor, I slammed my fist again and again, harder than the last against the ground until my fist was a complete bloody mess. I slammed it one more time before completely breaking down into pointless sobs, I hate crying, I hate my life, I hate everyone inside of it. Sam was the only beckon that brought me to shore otherwise I was drowning in my own path, lost in my own direction.

"Why didn't you kill me when you had the chance?"

"Isn't it obvious? One: You are very entertaining when you get riled up, and two: I want to make sure the next generation will continue my will." He leaned back on arms casually.

"Your will?" I asked, the tears now completely dried up.

"I'm sure you know what it is, you see it everyday in your life, battle for control over it. Kill. Your the only one in this generation that shares my passion, that understands the meaning of it. Others think of it as murder, bloodshed, terrorism. I- no WE see it as revenge, erasing old memories and creating the new in our own image, and tranquility " Max stated.

I narrowed my eyes. It was true, all of it! Max and I are just too much alike to actually consider the word respectable. "I'll ask you again Max from earlier, why'd you save me?"

This time Max stared into my eyes as he gave the answer, "I wanted to see what your made of."

..............................................

"Stupid Max, stupid Akshay!" Damn if I had a torch I would burn not only their bodies but their souls as well.

"What was that?" Akshay pounced beside me.

"Nothing." I growled, he was a head and a half taller than me, so it was frustrating when he tended to hover. He was the same height as Luke I think.

I paused, no I mustn't think if Luke. "Tell me Scarlette, did you have a boyfriend when you lived in Alaska?"

I snarled at his incompetence. "Your blushing!" As he pointed at my brightly red face. "So you did?"

I snapped my jaws at his side, nipping at his timber wolf coat. "No I didn't, and I was blushing because I can't believe you come up with that question in the first place."

"Than why are you sad?" He asked, as we walked. We decided it was a good idea for me to go out and walk around, probably scourge for clothes for me.

"Well may I remind you that I just learned I've been dead for the last 4 months of my life, and somehow still alive than find out that my cousin, my only family member left alive today is dead and.." I stopped, not finishing my sentence.

"What?" He persisted, being an evil guy he seemed light hearted.

"Nothing." I responded, picking up my pace.

Out of nowhere Akshay knocked me to the ground. I knew it was him because he's the only wolf, besides Max, that I knew was heavier than me.

With my face in the white dirt, he asked again. "What else?"

I snarled, "If your trying to find out info to break, me it's not going to work!"

Suddenly he flipped me over. In a daze my red eyes sunk into his dark golden eyes. I was looking for any sign of lying or dishonesty, but all I found was deep concern. Shock sparked my eyes but I had a hard time concealing it on my face. "You remind me of my friend. . . Luke." Shit! Why did I give him his name?

"How so?" Akshay wondered tilting his head slightly.

Surprisingly he stood up and released me. "He's the exact opposite of you, well I guess your a little bit similar in personality."

"Tell me about him." A little smile at the corner of his mouth. And like that I was drown in by his words, and talked about Luke and explaining how we met when we were kids. I even forgot that he was the enemy, or that my worries of Sam consumed me and my death haunted my memories, all of that were sent in the corridors of my mind.

Looking up at the sun, the stars were about to awaken and the landscape turned to a dark shade of blue and grey. The ground matching the sky, finally I asked, "Where are we Akshay?"

"A place where no one can find us. Not even mythical creatures can cross here."

"What do you mean?" I asked, stopping in my tracks.

He stared around, "Okay, make sure you don't tell Max that I told you this but... You weren't attacked by Samantha Harris, you were killed by a dragon."

A dragon? "They went extinct 7 generations ago."

"And yet, there was one that killed you. They're like normal werewolves, they want to be hidden by the supernatural world. But since they're so powerful, they believe that their problems are like global catastrophe worth. While werewolves are just a pinch. They are incredibly cocky, well not all of them, but the ones that have the most treasure are defiantly the most cocky."

"How do you know so much?" I asked, intrigued by his precision in his words.

"... I'll tell you another time. But I have a question for you now." He blasted at me.

"Shoot." Ready to destroy any question that comes my way.

"Why aren't you trying to kill me?" He waited, letting me think. To be honest I was thinking about that too.

"I can't. . .Yet, if I want to kill you, I want to be at 100% to do it." I recovered.

"Now it's my turn. . ." I stated, irking to change the subject.

Akshay smiled as he lazily started walking backwards. "What are we doing, 20 questions?"

I nodded my massive head. "Yup." Popping the 'p'.

"Ah fine, bring it!" Punching his open hand with his fist.

I said the first thing that came to mind. "Why can't mythical creatures cross here?"

He thought for a little bit, "I'll put it in simple terms since this can get quite crazy. So we're all from either Hati or Skoll, you know those wolves right?" Looking at my lost expression, he explained.

"Hati and Skoll are siblings that created the werewolves. In myth, Hati supposed to have pitch black fur and bright blue eyes- and Skoll with pure white fur and dark red eyes. Hati protected the human race while Skoll thought the other way around, not understanding the point of preserving the human race."

"The wolves born under Hati have the midnight colors of whites, blacks, greys. While the wolves born under the descendent of Skoll had the summer colors of reds, browns, and yellows. However no other wolf would have a solid color of either Skoll or Hati unless their the direct blood of either god."

"That's not all. The wolves that are born under Skoll have a inner wolf while then wolves born under Heti do not, like me, I do have a inner wolf because I am a descendant of mostly Skoll than Hati, even though I have both traits. Or Seth which is also a timber wolf but he is a descendant of Hati, so he has more Hati than Skoll in him, which means he does not have an inner wolf."

"Now that we got down to the most easiest part to remember-"

I growled, "Can you make it even more simple, I'm not the sharpest knife in the crayon box."

A laugh played at the corner of his lips, but he continued. "So this is the most hardest thing to grasp. There was 5 dimensions: 1st being Earth where you live our current life or reality, that dimension is in the middle. The 2nd dimension are for the descendants of Skoll to go in, we are in that dimension, it is on the left of the 1st dimension, but not everyone can go into unless they have a pure dark heart which is why Max, you and I were able to easily slip through here. The 3rd dimension is on the right, that is for Hati's descendants. I don't know what it looks like inside of there but only the pure light of heart can enter through. Who knows maybe the sky and ground is black since ours is white."

"The 4th dimension is linked to the 1st dimension which makes it right above it, the wolves of Skoll can connect with their wolves there it's called the.."

"Spirit plain." I interrupted, finishing his sentence.

". . . Yes. Your right, not many can go in there because of reasons unknown. But if a creature, not just Skoll descendants, have another being inside them, than they can connect to the spirit plain with that. Finally the 5th dimension is universal, it's the gateways of death so it's below the 1st dimension. Hati wolves connect there, but it's just as hard to get there and come back alive like how it is with the spirit plain. The gift of Hati that connects to the doors of death enables the dark wolves that can slid in and out to look into their hearts, while the spirit plain is a gift to Skolls children if we are able to go into the spirit plain, without losing our sanity, enables us to look into our minds."

I breathed out, "Wow that was a long explanation! What were we talking about before though before Skoll and... Hades?"

Akshay did a disappointed face, "Hati. And mythical creatures can't come in here because they are not werewolves."

"Yes, yes, yes. . .Details, details, details, sheesh lots of work." Honestly I zoned out so many times that his words were mostly a blur.

"Yeah, sure." We stayed silent for as long as time began, afraid what the other person was going to say.

After forever, Akshay had the guts to open his pie-hole. "There's another thing I've been meaning to ask. Why are you following us, walking in Max's footsteps? No one is stopping you if you want to go back to Earth."

"There is nothing to go back to." I stated bluntly, staring off into the horizon. "Akshay. . . why are you helping me?" Putting emphasis on 'you'.

He sighed, "Maybe I want a second chance. . ." He stated, his words drilling into my heart but I kept my mouth shut as he lead us back to camp. I was surprised that I accepted so many things so quickly: Trusting Akshay, accepting my death, and acknowledging the 5 dimensions in one day.

"So is this dimension all in our mind like the spirit plain?" I ask, Akshay shook his head silently.

"No, our bodies came with us as we passed through. The downfall as you see is there is no food or water, so sooner or later we'd have to go back to supply back up."

I nodded my head in agreement. "I see."

When we arrived back to camp, Max stayed in the position I found him. Acknowledging our presence approaching he spoke in a rough, irritable tone. "What took your asses so long?" My stomach tensed, sensing the danger but I forced myself to be seated.

"Max I have a question for you?" I spoke after a couple minutes of complete silence. I think this was the longest we sat together without tearing the other persons head off, Akshay sensed the tensity between Max and I and placed another wood in the fire.

"What is it?"

Hesitating at first I proceeded, "How do you know that a dragon killed me?"

"Simple, we held the dragon in our facility till it got out with Samantha Harris. We weren't able to track either of them for months at a time, till Seth figured that Samantha would eventually go back to her home and we were right. The night you were killed was the same day we planned an ambush when Samantha's left a foot off the Alaskan territory, we hid in the brushes of the forest, waiting and watching. What we didn't expect was you running after her and begging her not to leave, than it eventually lead into violence and something snapped inside you. I'm guessing that was your 'fun' side you let loose and at the end the dragon we lost came back to Samantha's's aid and killed you. Thrown you against a tree to snap you back to immobilize you." At the end of his story I was shaking, I wasn't crying but angry, not because I lost my temper and lost control of myself while facing Sam but because I was defeated by a slimy lizard.

Max watched my struggle of sanity and calmness, Akshay paused in what he was doing and observed as well. Not noticing that I was already shifting, my red eyes blazed and my stomached started heating up. My body still shook as my eye caught the photo with my broken back and hole in my chest, my fury rising as my control plummeting. Akshay stood up, my head snapping to his tiny movements, his green- grey eyes never wavering from mine.

"Stay away." I snarled, he spread his arms out like an eagle as his eyes never left mine, "How do you think I passed through the gate to get here."

It wasn't a question, he was stating that he understood me and why I was so angry, Skoll children have more in common than I thought. A sudden glimpse of Luke replaced Akshay in a flash but it was slow enough fro me to recognize him, backing up I shook my head away from those thoughts. Soon my paws touched the soft sand as it sunk between my feet, the moons eerie glow illuminated the dark side as the sun cast us as her shadow. My mind raced, I wanted everything to go in slow motion, Akshay took another step toward me.

"I said stay back!" I snarled, blood spilling from the side of my gums as my fangs bit down harder. Pain means you're alive, pain means you're alive, pain means you're alive.. I repeated over again in my mind one cycle at a time. But there was no pain, there was no regret as my blood went down my throat. I was actually enjoying it, letting the taste of blood rule over all my other senses. Unable to control myself I lunged forward against my will and bit down in Akshay's shoulder, but able to tear it off I instead brought him to the ground and bit down harder and harder. My soul singing as Akshay shifted and writhed around under me yowling in pain, but it just increased my pleasure. In a vampire way I started sucking the blood up, my muzzle stained in beautiful crimson red. Without lifting a finger Max watched as I started taking the life away from the young werewolf.

Suddenly the wind was knocked out of me, and my back was planted into the ground. A low growl that didn't belong to me erupted from my chest, my vicious red eyes scanning for Akshay but he was no where to be seen. Suddenly it dawned on me, I was watching from the passenger seat as my 'fun' side was taking control. It wasn't even me, it was like a total different being was taking possession of me.

"What is this?" I ask but nothing comes out from my mouth, I was still snarling. Suddenly something knocked me back with the force of a tornado, in a flash Akshay was ontop of my chest as I skidded even farther from the pressure. My- no ITS jaws did a clean swoop to Akshays throat in the most abnormal way and in slow motion blood flew everywhere. My ears were ringing and my heart raced in my chest.

My corpse did a smile that would've broken my jaw from curve, it pushed Akshay's tense body to the ground and stood. I faced toward the cave as Max hasn't even moved an inch from his spot, I couldn't tell if he was angry or fascinated. Suddenly a voice I didn't expect to hear again snarled from behind, "Lesson 1: Never turn your back to the enemy."

Suddenly I was thrown 5 feet from the cave's entrance, landing on my feet I skidded to a stop. The voice came from the left this time, "Lesson 2: Never lose sight of the enemy." Feeling a sharp pain to my temple as my body connected to the side of the cave.

"And lesson 3: Never underestimate anybody." My eyes slowly locked with his, a cruel smile placed on his lips. He reminded me of myself but on the inside like Luke, feeling my heart slow down I shifted back. Absolute shock tingled my fingertips as Akshay continued his assault, I was surprised that he was able to shut down my wild side in such a short amount of time and using barely to no energy. Even Max had trouble handling me when I met him in the forest for the first time, but what ceased to amaze me that he was so polite and respected other people's feelings but all along he was hiding this much power. I felt like a rookie when I stared at him, my fatigued white orbs gazing through Akshay's golden ones, his timber coat throwing off various of colors into the sand.

He lunged, I went to move but felt my body immobilize. Feeling the sharp pain as his long fangs tore into my rib cage on the other side of my heart and tore it out, in slow motion as his body passed by a smirk that didn't belong to me spread across my face. That's why I couldn't move, the thing was still controlling me! It laughed as Akshay dropped my missing body piece at his feet as his adrenaline rush was finished, he watched me confused.

The thing laughed harder. "Don't mess with me boy!" An unearthly sound wavered through my vocal cords, my body stiffened at the cold, harsh voice but no one else could hear it except for me. "Don't tell me that 's all you have? and thank you for making my job easier."

Akshay narrowed at the things words, than his eyes widened in shock as my hand was plunged into the whole Akshay created, feeling my insides turn inside out I brought my hand out with a organ but I couldn't tell which one it was. "You need this to survive right?"

My mouth opened and my teeth tore through my own body piece, Akshay stood emotionless, already shifted back, afterwards when the thing licked her bloody lips she smiled, "Now let me show you something you pathetic hounds haven't seen before."

Suddenly it felt as if I could breathe again, immediately the full amount of agony of me eating my own organ and Akshay tearing half my chest out took its toll as I fell to the ground, unable to breathe or talk, my knees connected to the surface and everything blacked.

..................................................

"She'll be alright."

"How do you know?"

"Because she's a bitch."

I sat up, my eyelids half closed as my fatigued voiced tiredly spoke in a 'angry' tone. "Who called me a bitch?"

"Looks like your up." Spoke the deep voice again. I opened my eyes, blinking past the sunlight.

"What bastard put me too close to the dreadful sun?"

Someone sighed, "Guess you WERE right, she'll be fine."

The first thing I could make out of everything was Akshay reaching his hand toward my chest. I smacked his hand away, "What the hell are you doing pervert?"

"I'm checking your wound, it should feel weird to have a whole in your chest for awhile sense it has to heal by itself while your wolf would also need try to function your body with one short of an organ."

I remember now, my hand automatically reaching up to my bandages. I glared at Max, "I'm not checking till HE'S gone."

Without a word he left without complaint, my glare turned to Akshay, "You too knucklehead."

"I need to see how your wound is doing. Besides I was the one that bandaged you back up." My face heated up, instantly I socked him in the jaw.

"You pervert!" I growled.

He wiped the blood from the corner of his lip, "Its either Max or me."

Pausing to think over my options, I finally snarled intelligible things under my breathe, and I turned around with my back facing the sunlight. "Fine. Stay. But turn around." He did as told.

Before I changed, I took a quick glance to make sure he was actually doing it. I took off my shirt and undid the clothes wrapped around my torso, than peeled off some foam, feeling the cold air stir against my warm flesh.

I screamed, Akshay was immediately by my side, "What's wrong?"

"Whoa! Hold on there cowboy. You better step the hell back before I shove your crotch down your throat!" I shrieked, wrapping my arms over my chest.

"I know it burns, but if I put treatment on it, it should heal quicker." He begged, he wasn't even concerned of my lady parts, he just wanted to patch me up. Either he's gay or he's the most innocent person on the planet.

"You don't need to." I said, looking down, I didn't know how to explain it to a male. But everything was there, my rib cage was there, my flesh was locked in place, hell I didn't even have a pink mark!

"What do you mean, you could open your wound back up, besides I need to see if I need to sew it."

"No, I'm healed. I'm completely healed."

"What?"He asked perplexed, groaning I grabbed my shirt and wrapped it around my chest like a bikini as I held onto the rim, making sure it wouldn't fall off. Turning around I showed Akshay, his eyes widened in shock.

Leaping over like a baby kangaroo he inspected my 'injury', rubbing his fingers down my stomach. I blushed, this was so not cool. I shivered from his delicate, cold fingers as they swept over my rib cage that was torn apart.

"Incredible." He breathed. "What about your organ?"

I shrugged, "I feel fine, considering that I've gone through worse."

He hacked his brain for a couple minutes before instructing me to lay on my back, as his hands wondered above my belly button he pressed down, suddenly there was a fresh wave of coldness that swept through my body, freezing it up but it was unable to faze my heart as it continued through to the mission. What is Akshay doing?

He reached his hand to his back pocket, taking out a pocket knife and hovered it in the middle of my stomach. His green- grey eyes met mine and saw my urgency. "I know what I'm doing, you wont feel a thing. Trust me."

Without another second to waste, he dug his blade into my flesh and tore down. Surprisingly there was no pain as he proceeded to open me up like a dissecting lab rat. He placed the knife on the floor next to him and put his arms into my stomach without warning.

A small gasp that was close to a whisper breathed through my tense face, he heard it and looked up, seeing the distress in my eyes. "Calm down, don't freak out otherwise its going to hurt when we're finished."

I tried calming myself and managed till I watched as he dug his bloody forearms into my stomach, a flash of my bio-mothers death popped into my head and my heart raced in my chest. It felt like forever till he stated he was finished, and stitched my stomach closed. He lifted his hand to his left eye and closed it, suddenly I felt released and I shot up.

"What the hell did you do to me?!" Grabbing the hem of his shirt and raised him till we were face to face.

"Calm down you weren't killed, besides I need to talk to you about something outside."

"I'm not going any-" Suddenly he swooped me over his shoulder, I yelled and thrashed but didn't make any progress. When we were barely in sight of the camp Akshay somehow found a palm tree in the wasteland. He grabbed my waist and slowly took my off him, he sat against the tree than placed me between his legs as he just watched the sunset,

"What the hell are you doing?" I start getting up but he pushed me back down.

"Just relax, I'm not going to do anything. I just wanted to bring you to a place where Max wont hear your screams." He stated calmly.

"Bullshit! If that wasn't more threatening!" I yelled.

"No, sorry I stated that wrong. I meant that the pain is going to be approaching and if Max knew you were being weak right now he'll probably regret bringing you here and kill you on the spot."

"Yeah you stated it wrong! And I'm not going to be weak anytime soon, I don't understand what you are talking about." I was as sharp as a knife in a child play-pen.

"Look, when I was checking on how your organs turned out. And told you to relax, you didn't heed to my words. Your organs were shaking like a someone just bitch slapped you across the face. I was trying to warn you that if you didn't calm down that after the surgery was done you'd be in incredible pain."

"How come I don't feel in pain right now than?" I asked, still refusing to relax.

"It's different for each person." When he ended his sentence something unpleasant stirred in my stomach. First I thought I was just embarrassed to be forced to sit with him but slowly the stirring intensed.

I tried not showing anything as we sat there for 10 minutes, but the stirring grew worse and soon it felt as if I had the stomach flu. Not understanding what was happening, I cupped my arms around my stomach, closing my eyes as my stomach erupted. Akshay tensed and held my forearms. "Here we go."

Out of nowhere a strong pain spiked through my body, feeling like I was cut in half the vertical way. Screaming I sunk down and turned back and forth. Akshay held my body down as he softly shushed my screams. Wanting to dig deep into the earth, hoping my stomach wont follow me, I leaned down and rested my head on his torso. Tears swelled into my eyes, the pain not coming down anytime soon, but it wasn't at the same intensity for more than 5 seconds. Eventually 20 minutes felt like 100 years with Akshay's shirt completely drenched in tears, he offered to take my hand to squeeze it as the pain had double in less than 10 minutes. I didn't know when it happened but the next morning I woke up in Akshay's chest, he was still leaning against the palm tree. Slowly sitting up, I stumbled as I tried standing up, probably the side-effects of the pain I endured somehow last night. I take 1 step foreword, testing my balance and found discomfort in it. I bring the other foot in front and found it too soon, falling foreword strong hands caught me before I did a nose dive.

"Slow down, you still need to recover from last night." Spoke Akshay, his voice was fresh and reassuring. Did he even sleep?

"We should get back," I stated, blushing hard. If Uncle Ben found out that I slept on a man's chest for a whole night he'd probably be checking for rabies, a painful ache crushed my chest but I ignored it.

"Sounds good." We stood and started walking, he seemed to be waiting for me to say something but I didn't know where tp start. I needed something to cool down my head, but unable since I'm here with Max so I did the only thing that seemed sense to me at the moment. Turning my head to the horizon I watched it for a few minutes than bolted, leaving Akshay and Max behind me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44K 991 37
Seb, a now 19 year old pup. After a year of freedom, guilt and independence 3 certain Alphas return to bring Seb back home. After everything that's h...
7.5M 273K 37
They say opposites attract. But what happens when a rogue and an Alpha who both crave chaos end up being mates? It seems like Moon Goddess has made h...
2.5M 60.5K 200
I'm a new grad human in huge debt, and cheated by my Omega boyfriend. When I got wasted in a bar, I didn't expect to have the best sex ever. And the...
10.2M 326K 49
BOOK 1 OF THE GIFT CHRONICLES ••• When the Moon Goddess created the first werewolves, she split one soul between the two of them, thus creating a per...