Lost and Found [a Niall Horan...

By CreativeTragedy

Skylar May Payne is the little sister of Liam Payne from One Direction. After six years of being apart and in... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Sorry!
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Epilogue
Note to All!

Chapter Five

4K 48 35
By CreativeTragedy

Hey! Sorry it's been a few days but I've been busy! I hate to say but on Monday I will be going away to a camp where I will be unable to update my story :( But I will write as much as I can until then! If you are reading this, please fan me (: I appreciate every fan I can gain!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skylar's POV

I've been living with Liam and the boys for almost a month now and it's been a blast! The days have been filled with swimming, singing, eating (a lot), and movies. I'm loving every second of it and so is Liam. He's told me at least a million times how happy he is that I'm here. It's getting kind of annoying...

But tonight is Zayn's movie night choice and at the moment, he is knee deep in DVDs. Liam is in the kitchen getting all the junkfood in the house, Harry is in his room, Louis is playing Temple Run on his iPhone, and Niall is laughing at everything. He's always laughing at something. Right now, it's the way I sneeze.

Suddenly my phone buzzes from under me, making the leather couch making a farting noise. Louis looks up from his game with wide eyes.

"SKYLAR FARTED!" he declares.

"DID NOT!" I yell back as I throw a pillow at him. I hold up my outdated flip phone, "It was this."

"Uh huh," he says with a joking smile as he returns to his game.

I roll my eyes and slide open my phone. It was a message from Zack.

Probably just wanting me to call him, I think.

I click on his message and begin to read it.

My jaw drops and my eyes begin to water. I was paralized with anger and sadness.

"Skylar?" Niall says in a soft tone, "are you ok? What's wrong?"

I look around at the three boys, barely able to say a word. That's when Liam comes waltzing through the door with arms full of candy, popcorn, sodas, chips, and other random junk.

"Who's ready for- Skylar?" he says as he plops everything down on the table. He rushes to my side and puts his arm around me. "Skylar, what happened?"

I shrug off his arm and throw my phone across the room. I run upstairs before anyone else could question me. I rush into my room and slam the door.

I curl up on my bed and cry into my matching Aeropostale sweatpants and sweatshirt. I didn't want to see or talk to anyone. Obviously the boys didn't get that memo because I heared a quiet knock on my door.

"Skylar?" an Irish accent calls out.

Nialls POV

I knew something was wrong the second she looked at her phone and her pretty smile faded.

"Skylar?" I say, "are you ok? What's wrong?"

She only looked at me, Louis, and Zayn with tears in her eyes. Liam made an apperance with food before rushing to her side to comfort her, but she just shrugged him off before chucking her phone across the room and sprinting upstairs.

I ran over to retrieve the phone and searched to see what upset her so much.

The last message she recieved was from Zack, her boyfriend. I opened it up and read it. I was shocked and furious.

"It's over. You're just hopeless and no fun. I found someone better than you and she's going to be way more entertaining than you. Bye you pathetic moron."

I handed the phone to Liam. He too was outraged. I slipped away to see if Skylar was doing OK.

I knocked on her door and called her name, but got no answer. When I wiggled the knob, it was locked. I sighed and put my hands into the pockets of my jeans. I felt someone cold and smooth. I took it out of my pocket and saw it was a paper clip. Perfect.

I straightened it out into a line and wiggled it in the key hole until I heard a pop. Success! I opened the door to find Skylar curled up in a little ball on the bed crying.

"GO AWAY!" she screamed at me. There was no way I was doing that. I rushed to her side and rubbed her back gently like my mum did after my first breakup. She looked up at me with shock on her face. She quickly fell into my arms and huddled her head into my chest and wept.

I held her and shushed her.

"He was a jerk anyways," I tell her.

"B-but I n-n-needed h-him," she looks at me,"I don't know why b-but I needed him."

I sighed and held on to her tightly until Liam came in. He looked at me and I knew I should leave.

I gently closed the door behind me and headed downstairs where Harry waited with a confused look as Louis filled him on what just happened.

I grabbed a handful of candy and plopped onto the couch. Zayn comes over and sits down next to me.

"Is she OK?" he asks with a look of concern in his eyes.

"Not really, but Liam's with her now. If Papa Payne is good at anything, it's comforting a heartbreak," I say with a shrug.

"I'm gonna give that Zack guy a piece of my mind," Louis said with a glare. Louis rarely gets mad, but when he does, it's bad. Harry and Zayn jump on top of him and grab the phone out of his hand.

"I think Liam will want to do that boys."

I look up to see Liam coming down the stairs, carrying Skylar bridal style. I smile at her and she returns a weaker smile. Liam comes over and plops her down in between Harry and me. Liam grabs her phone and dials what I assume is Zack's number then leaves the room. A few minutes later we hear him yelling.

Skylar is curled up and shaking. I wrap my arms around her and cradle her.

"GROUP HUG!" Louis screams, diving across the room, landing next to Skylar and hugging her tight.

Harry and Zayn walked over and more gently hugged her.

"Thanks guys," she says to us.

Liam's POV

"Hi Mom," I say into my phone.

"Hi Liam," a weak voice responds.

I sighed. She's gotten weaker. "How are you feeling?" I ask.

"I'm doing just great! Silly doctors think I'm weak, but I feel on top of the world!"

I laugh, my mom is never one to give up.

"How's Skylar doing?" She asks.

"Doing good. She's settling in just fine."

"Great! Did you tell her yet?" She asked the one question I was hoping she would avoid.

"Not yet. She's been so happy. I can't break it to her. You know how much I hate breaking her spirit," I say with a sigh.

"Just tell her now. Take her aside and break it to her. Then comfort her. You're good at that, Liam."

"Ok, I will, I will. I have to go Mom. They think I'm just getting food."

"Ok, and Liam," she says, "It's only a little cancer. I'll be fine."

With that, she hung up. I grabbed all the candy, soda, and bags of popcorn and headed into the entertainment room.

"Who's ready for- Skylar?" I run over to where my sister was crying. I wrap my arm around her shoulders. "Skylar, what happened?" I asked.

She only shrugged it off before chucking her phone across the room and sprinting upstairs.

Niall retrieved the phone and his look of confusion turned into one of anger. He handed me the phone and I read the message.

How dare he say that. I was so mad I didn't see Niall slip out of the room. Before I can say anything Zayn chimes in.

"Relax lad," he says, "he has a right to see if she's OK."

I sigh and know he's right.

"He has 10 minutes," I spit out.

10 minutes later I walked upstairs. When I walked in, Niall was holding onto Skylar and shushing her. When he saw me, he got up and left, softly closing the door behind him.

Skylar looked up at me.

"Liam, I'm sorry. He just came in and I needed a shoulder to cry on," she says, wiping her tears away.

"It's fine, I understand," I say to her as I sit down on her bed. I wrap my arms around her and hold her close. She seems so tiny, so fragile. "At least come down and watch a movie with us," I beg, "You can pick the movie!"

She slowly nods and mumbles and OK as I stand up.

"Carry me?" she says, holding her arms up. I laugh and pick her up bridal style and carry her down the hall towards the stairs.

As we reach the top of the steps, I hear who I think is Louis say, "I'm gonna give that Zack guy a piece of my mind," followed by a thud.

"I think Liam will want to do that boys," Skylar says, causing all of there heads to snap up at the same time. I plop her down in between Harry and Niall and grab her phone. I head into the music room and shut the sound proof door. I don't think even that will prevent the boys and Skylar from hearing what I'm about to say.

It only took three rings for a voice to answer.

"Look who is coming crawling ba-"

"Shut up," I spit into the phone.

"What did you say to me?" a voice says, obviously shocked that this wasn't Skylar.

"I said Shut up!" I almost scream, "HOW DARE YOU TO THAT TO MY LITTLE SISTER!" now I was screaming.

"Because she's a pathetic little twit," I can almost hear the smirk he has on his face right now.

"How dare you say that about Skylar! She's a beautiful, talented, amazing women who deserves better! I don't know what she say in you!" I wanted to punch this guy.

"BEAUTIFUL? TALENTED? AMAZING? THE SILLY LITTLE GIRL COULDN'T EVEN LIFT A FINGER!" he screams at me.

"SHE DID EVERYTHING FOR YOU! SHE CAME HOME WITH ALL OF YOU FILTHY LAUNDRY AND WASHED IT! SHE CLEANED YOUR ENTIRE HOUSE ONE DAY! SHE DID EVERYTHING YOU COMMANDED HER TO DO!" I yell at him. I wanted to kill this guy at this point.

"Whatever. Now I have a better lady who is right here with me."

"Send her my apologizes for having to put up with you," I say with a slight smirk on my face.

"Goodbye whatever your name is," he says. His tone made him sound hurt.

"My name is Liam, Liam Payne. Google it," I say to him before hanging up.

I look at Skylar's phone and make a mental note to get her a better one.

When I walk out of the music room, I see all the boys piled on top of Skylar I laugh at them.

"Are you going to let her breath?" I chuckle as all of them slowly peel themselves off of one another. "Oh, and Zayn, Skylar is picking the movie tonight."

"Awww, but Liam..." he starts to complain but then stops from the look I gave him. "So Skylar..." He starts again, "what do you want to watch?"

"Hmmm..." she says, "Mean Girls!"

We all groan at this, but I pull it up on Netflix and start it.

Skylar snuggles up to me as I prepare to endore 97 minutes of high school drama. At least it's not four years again...

"That actually wasn't that bad," I admit when the credits began to roll.

Skylar yawned beneath my arm, "I told you so," she said.

I chuckle and clean up the mess from the movie. I come back into the room to find Skylar asleep on the couch. I gently tuck a blanket over her and kiss her forehead goodnight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 22 14
Mia Horan Is Niall Horan's Twin Sister. When Niall Joins One Direction, She gets to meet them . Her Dream Is To Become A Singer Or Dancer, With Her...
1.8M 30.4K 48
Louis Tomlinson is skittish about his sisters but when he offers his biological sister Sophia Tomlinson a tour around the world with One Direction he...
2.9K 95 15
Mari is Liam sister. Yes The Liam as of Liam Payne from One Direction sister. Its been 5 crazy years for the boys but Mari has some how been part of...
51.9K 712 58
Ally Tomlinson is, you guessed it, one of Louis Tomlinson's younger sisters. Growing up, they became best friends, barely spending any time apart. Si...