crucio ━ harry potter (1)

By harringtonsbloom

KILLING CURSE SERIES || in which the daughter of sirius black discovers she is destined to destroy the wizard... More

introduction and cast
graphic portfolio + scene manips
volume
i. Crucio vs engorgio skullus
ii. The singing lady
iii. the inner eye and lessons
iv. trevor the toad
vi. late nights
vii. halloween disappointment
viii. rebellious gryffindors
vix. downfall of quidditch
x. lupin's favouritism
xii. christmas toll
xiii. chocolate cake
xv. the start of the damage
xv. full moon
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟮: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗢𝗕𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘
i. Lonely days
ii. morsmordre
iii. the unforgivables
iv. inevitably doomed
v. punches and the hungarian horntail
vi. unknown parcels
vii. sky full stars
viii. the dog
ix. broken hearts (for more than one)
x. matchmaking
xi. the yule ball (part1)
xii. the yule ball (part2)
xiii. a lonesome christmas
xiv. a splash of water
xv. scarlet women
xvi. incapable of human emotions?
xvii. potter for the win
xviii. the return
xvix. a (not so) cheery family reunion
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟯: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗙 𝗣𝗛𝗢𝗘𝗡𝗜𝗫
i. drunk words, sober mind
ii. grimmauld place
iii. humble encounters
iv. joys of parenthood
v. difference in demeanour
vi. star wars marathon
vii. black roses
viii. luke's intentions
ix. the boy who lies
x. the first day
xi. detention
xii. saturday
xiii. beckham hampton
xiv. the longbottoms
xv. high inquistor
xvi. hog's head
xvii. hagrid's tale
xviii. the dream
xix. the dragon
xx. the accident
xxi. long overdue
xxii. goodbyes
xxiii. déjà vu
xxiv. arthurs attack
xxv. christmas*
xxvi. times turning
xxvii. chess
xxviii. beckham's theme
xxix. a bad day
xxxi. the start of the downfall
xxxii. o.w.l.s*
xxxiii. caught
xxxiv. ministry of magic
xxxv. loss of control
xxxvi. conjoined
xxxvii. bittersweet ending
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟯.𝟱: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗢𝗟𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡
i. The change
ii. search for sirius
iii. acceptance
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟰: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗙 𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗗 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗘
i. the reawakening
ii. unexpected arrivals
iii. weeks
iv. her hope
v. flames arise*
vi. open grave
vii. the boy and girl who lived
viii. don't go breaking my heart
ix. control
x. love
xi. reality hits
xii. adjustment
xiii. tiny dragons
xiv. "why is it always you four?"
xv. gryffindor party of broken hearts
xvi. hyperion
xvii. the party of jealously
xviii. the aftermath
xvix. a different christmas
xx. the ski resort part one
xxi. the ski resort part two
xxii. ron's birthday
xxiii. the aleksanders*
xxiv. felix felicis
xxv. the four sisters
xxvi. sectumsempra
xxvii. tequila
xxviii. crash
xxix. runskin
xxx. bliss
xxxi. the plans
xxxii. the last dance
xxxiii. melancholy
xxxiv. obilerate*
time skip:
01. aurora's lament
02. Accomplice
iii. strangers
epilogue
BOOK TWO IS PUBLISHED

v. boggart in the wardrobe

48.3K 2.1K 3.7K
By harringtonsbloom

CHAPTER FIVE:

BOGGART IN THE WARDROBE

Late in month of September, Aurora casually strolled through the halls. Her arms were folded across her chest. A yawn escaped her lips. The night before she had been with Fred and George Weasley in the kitchens. The three of then ended up plating a muggle game called "guess who," regarding celebrities.

The only person she had gotten right was Mark Hamill, because anyone who knew her, knew he was her favourite muggle actor.

Then, she woke up late, and decided to take her time getting ready. She rarely slept well at Aleksander Mansion. During Christmas, she was usually up at roughly six o'clock every morning. She would have a day full of studies, and then fittings in the afternoon.

She made her way to Defence. It was her first time going to the lesson. She opened the door. The entire class turns around, eyes lingered on her for a moment.

Remus glanced down towards the door when it opened, surprised to finally see her attending his lesson.

Remus didn't even have to take a second glance to know that was her, Sirius' daughter.

The same Sirius who turned into an animagus once a month with him, the same Sirius who defended his friends from the Slytherin's, the same Sirius who tried so hard to not be like the rest of his family, the same Sirius who left home at sixteen because of his pure blood parents.....

The same Sirius who sold James and Lily out.

For a split second, he waits for her to call him Loopey Lupin like James Potter taught her to say, but instead she just looks up at him with no recognition.

"Glad to see you graced us with you're presence, Miss Black." greeted Professor Lupin, gesturing for her to stand in line with everyone else. "Please join in. You've missed quite a lot over these last few weeks."

"I was ill." she lied.

"I see."

Remus had promised he would not favour Harry or Aurora to Dumbledore, sworn in sort of way, he would offer no favoritism to any of his students. He was the least likely person to prefer one group of people to another. However, upon seeing Harry on the train, and Aurora showing up late to the class. He feared he might not have been so loyal.

She glances around the classroom before spotting the familiar curly-brown-haired boy named Luke standing off in the corridor. His head casted to the ground. He stood about three meters away from everyone else, she sent him a smile as she stood beside Ron.

The entire class begun clapping bringing Aurora back into the lesson. She could only presume it was the Boggart spell and this only because Hermione had been repeating the spell under her breath since she came in, plus Neville had just successfully done it.

It was then Parvati whose boggart was a mummy, then Seamus whose was a banshee, then Dean with a crab, then Ron's who everyone knew was a spider. Hermione whose was Professor McGonagall telling her she failed her exams.

Aurora who had purposely stayed at the back of the classroom, looks up towards Luke who hesitantly stepped forward, holding his shaken hands behind his back.

If anyone says anything I will literally rip them in half, she thinks.

Professor Lupin who was standing at the side of the classroom noticed his distress and almost immediately stepped forward.

"Luke isn't it? It's alright, you don't have to do it today if don't want to."

"Well that's total rubbish! Scared he'll crap himself Professor?" one of the Slytherin's barked from across the room.

Lupin went to scold the boy but stop when suddenly his entire uniform was drenched with water from head to toe, he let out a shriek as he jumped back in his spot.

Professor Lupin eye almost immediately searched around for the culprit, within a second his eyes scanned Harry, thinking of his father but then when he heard the smallest snort in the corner of the room, he turned towards her.

Aurora found that for a while now she was able to do wandless magic. Not just normal spells either, sometimes she was able to hurt people, or at least she thought she did. Last week, Pansy Parkinson mentioned something about Hermione and next thing she heard was Pansy was sent to the hospital wing.

Remus noticed an innocent look her father also pulled.

"Who did that?" his question was left unanswered, he points towards the door, "Perhaps you shouldn't make such unflattering comments, Mr Montie. Show yourself to Snape's office."

Everyone's mouth fell open.

Harry steps forward with an smile on his face. He wait for a moment then slowly out of the wardrobe a Dementor lept forward. Aurora even flinched upon seeing the dark-soul eater towering above the classroom.

( She presumed his boggart would be Voldemort )

Professor Lupin haltered his body in front of him and the Dementor disappeared. She furrowed her eyebrows when she saw a silvery white orb hanging in the air in front of Lupin.

Although everyone looks at Lupin in questioning nobody saw the exchanged glance between the black haired girl, and a curly haired boy at the back of the classroom.

"Riddikulus!" he said almost-lazily like as the class all stepped away as the boggart turned into a ballon before flying into the wardrobe.

" Well done everyone. Let me see..five points to Gryffindor for every person to tackle the Boggart - ten for Neville because he did it twice and five each to Hermione, Harry and Aurora."

"But Professor they didn't do anything?" Pansy bellowed out.

"Harry and Hermione answered my question at the begging of my class. That will be all, kindly read the chapter on Boggarts and summarize it for me..to be handed in on Monday. That will be all." Professor Lupin dismissed.

Aurora shrugged at this and sent a confused smirk in Hermione direction as she gathered her things into and left. Aurora didn't want to see what her boggart would have been, luckily enough they ran out of time, she didn't exactly know what it would have been. It might have been her friends lying to her? Keeping a secret she didn't know? Maybe excluding her? She didn't know. It wasn't exactly something she could of guessed.

During lunchtime the talk about Professor Lupin spread throughout the entire school, he was now being called a "legend," in the teaching at Hogwarts. It was no surprise after his teaching today in the classroom, it was the first time they hadn't used books at Hogwarts for a class which was odd considering it was a magic school.

She would admit, his lesson was fun and he did seem like a good Professor.

"Did you see me take on that Banshee?"

"-and the hand!"

" And Snape in that hat!"

"-and my mummy?"

"I wonder why Professor Lupin's frightened of crystal ball's?" Lavender Brown pondered.

Aurora blinked. "Maybe he fell into one."

"Come on then, Aurora," Dean questioned from across her with a shrug. "What do you think it was?"

She pointed her fork in the same direction as Dean with an arched eyebrow. " If any of you had any brains, no offence Hermione, you'd know it wasn't a crystal ball."

Seamus exclaimed." What else could it possibly be?"

Harry shrugged. " Maybe it was like..a ghost?"

Her grey eyes beamed into Harry's green ones for a moment. She blinked slowly reaches across the table and pushed a black strand of hair out of his face.

"That's why you're not a Ravenclaw, sweetheart."

Aurora may not have been the most smartest person but she was the observant. But she, similar to Professor Lupin didn't want any of her secrets getting out.

Luke and Aurora sat in the Great Hall which was empty. It had been a long week and the two of them were tired after what they went through last night. Neither of them were very keen on attending the class - Luke said Lupin asked him about his scars and, she frankly just couldn't be bothered - so instead they decided to sit and wait till lunch.

"So, last night was fun." she winked with a small grin in his direction.

"Maybe for you." Luke responded reaching forward to pour himself pumpkin juice. "For me, I would say it horrible; as usual."

"I'm sorry-"

"It's not your fault." Luke sent her a small smile.

"Anyways, more importantly. I have a question." She leaned forward. "Do you think I'm pretty? And if so, on scale from one to ten, how much?"

He snorts. "I think we both know the answer to that one. Yes you're pretty, probably the prettiest girl I've ever seen. You've got these big adorable grey eyes. On a scale from one to ten, you beat the scale. Why do you ask?"

"I just wanted the compliment-"

Before Luke can respond suddenly Lupin is walking into the Great Hall. He has a confounded look on his face. He strolls over towards them with his arms crosses.

"Hi Sir," she greets, "Want a bite of my pie?"

"No thank you. I'm not sure if either of you are aware but you have a class right now? Mine."

Luke and Aurora both gave him surprised looks.

"Huh, really-"

"I really had no idea."

"You're going to have to start showing up to class, Miss Black, and Mr Murphy." Lupin informs them, "Especially you," he says towards her, "You've only been to two of my classes in the last two weeks. Want to explain?"

"Not really, sir."

"Okay. Can you explain?"

"Listen Professor Lupin don't get me wrong or anything, I like Defence against the Dark arts, but I'm just not feeling the class at the moment," she tells him with a small shrug. "Trust me if I was there everyone would be a lot more distracted."

"Are you thinking of keeping it on after OWLS?" he asked, curiously.

She heckles a laugh, " Oh no."

"I would suggest you. You must know to defend yourself. It's important for any wizard or witch. What are you planning on doing after school?"

"Travel," she reaches across the table and nudges Luke into the shoulder, "With my number one."

"Hm." he throws an unamused look towards them. Remus didn't like the sound of that. "I hope I'll see you both in my class next week? For the time being, you might as well stay here and finish your pie. If you need anything you'll know where to find me." says Professor Lupin before leaving.

"I can't believe he didn't want any pie."

"Get over the pie."

Remus Lupin is so cute

We didn't see aurora's boggart because Remus feared it was sirius and didn't want everyone else to see!! Her boggart was not sirius though!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 119K 104
{𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝟮} It all started with a kiss. Or better say, everything ended with a kiss. What Jenna Potter thought was going to lead her to a beautif...
41K 1.1K 17
I did violence to my own heart. Marauders Era / Regulus Black. Sourfaeries, 2021. All Rights Reserved. [ previously c...
18.7K 569 19
"You Loved Me During My Darkest Time."
114K 3.5K 35
𝗰𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘁 - it's only a week into his sixth year and sirius black is already bored out of his mind; so when he catches one of his classmates li...