The Battle Pair's Story (disc...

By BattlecryKYA

Do you think one action, could determine who you are? If you did something bad, would you be a bad person? ... More

Kyoko's Info Sheet!!
Merlin's Info Sheet!!
Ying and Yang
The new Eve
Lost in the Concrete Jungle
Not alone again
Day with the Eves
The Fallen
Our Sunshine
Winter is coming
Hot spring, Cold spring
Midnight Tea
Vampire friend
Melancholic Encounter
Our Wrongs
500 Reads???!!!
The Easiest Way? Or the Right Way?
1000 reads!!!!
Punk Play
The real plan
What friends are for
His Eyes
A/N

Musicality

148 6 0
By BattlecryKYA

Friday morning...

Merlin walked out of the bathroom wet and naked as usual, he grabbed a towel to dry his long red hair. He looked over to Kyoko, who was texting in the Eves group chat again. He was glad that she had found so many friends within the past week, even better, he also met his "family". He wouldn't admit it but he really missed this "family", which made him wonder where the rest were. His brother.., his other cousins. 

"Hey, we goin' for breakfast yet?", Merlin got changed and headed for the door. "Hm, oh yeah! We must hurry though, the greed pair is gonna hitch us a ride to the theatre!", Kyoko jumps up and grabs her jacket. 'Oh right.. the rehearsal.", Merlin recalled. The pair made their way down to the restaurant to meet Delano and Kaede. "Hurry up you have about 45 minutes left," Delano took a look at his watch, "Greed pair is havin their breakfast over there, they're almost finished but they said you could join anytime." Kyoko turned and ran over to their table, waving excitedly, "Good morning!" "Hi! We're almost finished but dont worry we can wait.", Lawless moved to his right, letting Kyoko sit next to Licht. 

As soon as the Battle pair had finished their food, the group made their way down to the lobby. "Ah! Just in time, i have a car waiting for you just outside!", an unfamiliar voice said behind them. When Kyoko turned around she saw a man with light hair, braided to his side and a whale... thing,... mascot? "Ah you must be the battle pair! My name is Rosen Kranz! I'm Licht's manager." The man extended his hand to both Kyoko and Merlin. "Im Kyoko, and this is Merlin!", Kyoko shook Kranz's hand. "This is Guil! Lawless' subclass." The whale mascot came closer to Kyoko. "Oh! Hi there!", greeted Kyoko, "Merlin's subclasses will be joining us if thats okay, they'll meet us at the theatre." "Of course, the more the merrier!", exclaimed Kranz as he lead the group out of the Lobby and to the car. "Um... how will Guil.. uh fit..?", asked Merlin, who was a little disturbed by the mascot. "Oh dont worry Guil and I will be taking a separate car!" said Kranz as he and Guil walked toward a different car. The group got onto the car, with both Servamps turning back into their animal forms. 

During the ride, Kyoko stared out the window, still thinking about the strange week they had. Nyx... Her thoughts were interruped when Merlin climbed onto her shoulder, giving her a little snuggle ,"stop thinking about Nyx okay..? Enjoy today." Kyoko smiled as she pet the little falcon's head, "Alright alright I'll try.." Lawless who was sitting on Licht's lap saw the relationship between the battle pair," ah.. why can Licht treat me like that... am i not cute too?" "Shut up stupid hedgehog.", said Licht quietly as he put his earphones on. 

Soon, the group reached the theatre, with Kranz leading the way. As the group entered the theatre, the huge stage, curtains draped on the side, thousands of seats and tall, spacious ceiling with a beautiful chandelier hanging. Kyoko stared in awe at how huge the place was. A few people were moving a piano onto the stage. "Wow... i've never been in a theatre or even a concert before..", Kyoko slowly breathed in. "We have a few other artists here as well, a jazz band and a Singer.", Kranz showed the battle pair to their seats. The staff moved other instruments onto the stage, including a guitar and drums. They set a mic in front and rushed backstage. There was a man at the side moving and waving his hands, he looked like he was motioning the staff to where he wanted. He pointed upward and the lights flickered on and off, with different colours and shapes. Oh they're testing the lights.. Kyoko watched Licht enter backstage.  

Lawless sat next to Kyoko, "Licht wont really be playing much today, maybe only once or twice, we're just here to get a feel of the timing first." "Oh.. i see.." The man clicked his fingers a couple of times and the lights dimmed. A woman in a short dress slowly walked up on to the stage. She stood in front of the mic, but she didnt sing. The spotlight adjusted itself on her, while another man came and sat down at the piano, with another spotlight adjusting itself there. Then, they were queued to leave the stage. The same thing happened to the Jazz band and Licht, none of them played, they just walked to their positions and waited for the lights to be adjusted accordingly. The man at the side spoke in his mic, "Ok, lets start from the beginning once, if there are any mistakes, we'll do it again." He motioned the curtains to close. 

The lightes dimmed once again, with a single spotlight shining onto the curtain. Kyoko felt nervous for some reason, a fluttery feeling in her chest. She wasnt even the one performing. The curtains slid away, revealing the woman and the man again. Soon, the man started playing the piano, and the woman began to sing, her voice filling the room. Merlin had fell asleep within the first half of the song. After that, the band walked up on to the stage, playing their piece. They played a few pieces, Kyoko never expected a rehearsal to take such a long time, but she was entertained anyway. 

And soon the moment that interested her the most, Licht. He walked up the stage and sat by the piano. Once his fingers had touched the keys, playing the first chord, Kyoko's heart skipped a beat. She sat at the edge of her seat, mesmerized by his playing. Her smile widened as she closed her eyes, listening to the beautiful melody. She had watched him played on TV before, but never live. It was an experience she was never going to forget. He really is an Angel huh... When Licht stopped playing and stood up, she couldnt even register it anymore. Her hands slowly made their way to applaud. Lawless chuckled at the sight, "He's really somethin huh?" "Yeah! Oh my gosh.. I.. That. just made my day." Kyoko giggled excitedly. "Brrrraaavoooo!! Wonderful! Fantastic!! Woooo!!", Yelled Lawless. "Ah! What happened what did i miss?!", Merlin shot up from his seat. "You missed the best piano performance i have ever seen!" Kyoko jumped up and raised both her arms. Merlin looked at Kyoko, stunned. Her eyes were glowing with happiness and her face was little pinker than usual, due to the blood that rushed to her face from excitement. Merlin smiled and pat her head, "aw man.. too bad i missed it.." 

Licht returned to them, "They said they are having a short break before we try one last time." He then turned to leave and head for the cafe, Erica and Lawless too. "You comin?", asked lawless. "I think i'll stay here a little while longer, noticing Delano waving her guitar in the distance." The greed pair left and Kyoko ran to Delano ,"Are you sure its okay..?" "Yeah! I've asked for permission already." He winked at Kyoko before walking up the stage, "Come on!" Kyoko and Kaede rushed up onto the stage. Kyoko put her guitar around her before strumming once, giggling with excitement. Most of the staff had left for their break so she wasnt as shy. Delano sat by the piano,"hey remember that song that your grandmother used to play and sing when you were a kid..?" "Edelwiess?" "yeah", he replied before playing the starting note. Kyoko plucked the first chord. 

As she played, ther guitar echoed through the theatre hall. She smiled at the memory of her grandmother playing this song to her. She started singing to the song, closing her eyes to feel the bitter sweet memory. Delano accompanied her with the piano. He was the one who taught her how to play the guitar and sing and he was proud. She's grown so much. During the tiny performance, Licht and Lawless entered the theatre. Licht stopped in his tracks when he heard her guitar and voice. "Eh? Licht-tan? Is there something wrong?", asked Lawless, confused. Kyoko seemed to glow under the stage lights. Licht felt his heart beat in sync to her singing as he walked towards the stage. There was a strange fluttering in his chest, much like the first time he played infront of his parents.

Kyoko opened her eyes and noticed Licht staring at her and stopped short. Her face was getting warm. "A-ah. Hi." "Why did you stop?", he asked with his hands on his hips. "Oh.. I'm not used to having other people hear me sing.. Playing the guitar is fine but.. singing not so much.." "Do not be shy with your skill." Licht jumped onto the stage. He walked over to Delano and asked to play, "Sing the song again." "I-i.. um..", Kyoko stuttered, but she started singing and playing again anyway. 

This time, she felt more comfortable with Licht playing with her. It just felt.. Right. Once they were done, Kyoko couldnt get the fluttering out but it felt good. She blushed as she got down from the stage and faced Merlin. "Did you see that??", she asked as her eyes sparkled. Merlin recognises this face. Oh no.. she has a crush.. greeeaaaat. And, with the worse guy possible. He was recalling what happened the last time her first crush rejected her. Actually it wasnt as bad as he thought, but Kyoko had never really gotten a crush after that. "Yeah.. i saw that. You were great!", encouraged Merlin as he pat her head. 

Soon the second round of the rehearsal started. Kyoko could never get over the way Licht played the piano, she was just so soothed by it and she couldnt help but hum along. Soon they were done with the rehearsal and ready for dinner. Kranz had reserved seats at a nearby restaurant for them.

 So, dinner was rather pleasant. Lawless and Merlin were talking about another challenge they were planning, Kyoko and Krantz would talk about the country side. Licht, however felt strange the entire duration of the event. He would sneak glances at the farmer girl from time to time, feeling his chest flutter at the sight of her. He did a really good job at hiding these emotions though he didn't understand why he felt them in the first place. 

A few hours later...

Kyoko and Merlin had gotten back to their room and both were exhausted from the day. Kyoko checked her phone and noticed the unread messages.

Misono: Oi Mahiru, how are your injuries?

Mahiru: They are fine thanks!

Tetsu: perhaps you would like to visit the hot springs during the break? it could heal your wounds.

Mahiru: oh.. that does sound nice.. i'll think about it.

Mahiru: i have changed my mind, i will definitely go

Mahiru: ah sorry! Kuro took my phone! 

Licht: Oh! I want in I want in!! Guil thinks its a good idea, i'll try and convince Licht too!

Misono: Oi Bastards! Dont forget about me!

Kyoko once again chuckled at the texts. Maybe moving to the city wasnt as stressful or bad as she thought. She even... well took a liking to someone sooner than she expected..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 466 49
'Five' years before the eight eves meet their Servamps (including Sakuya), the eves had a very mysterious and terrible past! After the eves found the...
11.7K 353 38
(Y/N) was walking to school one day, when a hedgehog crosses her path. She picks up the hedgehog not wanting it to get hurt, takes it school. Never r...
22.9K 598 52
This Servamp fanfiction takes place after the Servamp anime. Before his death, the founder of the Servamp siblings hid his personal journal. The jou...
86.4K 3.7K 29
++This fic has been dropped as of 2/7/19. A rewrite of it with the same name has been published so please read that instead of this. Thank you.++ Sum...