The Mutual Attraction (#3)

By Trish_97

"I can't do this ! This is wrong !" she exclaimed loudly, trying to prove her point. "Miracle... More

The Mutual Attraction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 15

41.4K 1.2K 40
By Trish_97

                                "Miracle, are you sure? Do you really want to get out right now?" Hazel asked tentatively, as she peeked out of the window.

                          After handing over Dante and Jared to Officer Beckham, Miracle had called Hazel up to spend the night with her. She didn't want to stay alone or go to the hospital. Going to the hospital and staring at Kayden laying on the bed without moving would have lead her into depression. She had no time for that. Miracle had a psychopath to catch. She was not going to sit and grieve over something that cannot be changed. There isn't anything that she could do about Kayden being shot, but she can definitely prevent such events from happening in the future. They had taken, this stalker thing, very lightly, thinking someone was playing an unnecessary prank. But the shit turned out to be serious. And now it was time for her to be serious.

                              "Yes, why do you ask?" Miracle said as she stepped out of the door. Only to be bombarded with millions of questions by the reporters, who were pushing and crowding on to ask her questions. For a moment Miracle was shocked at the sight, Hazel's reassuring hand on her shoulder reminded her of the incident that had taken place the previous day. 

                                  "Miss.Mars, is it true that Mr.King was shot?" asked a lady reporter, while cursing at the other reporter who was pushing her. Miracle just nodded, not trusting her voice or her tone. She was in no mood to be polite today. She did not trust herself at the moment, one wrong move and she have killed someone. And the next question just did it for her.

                           "Miss.Mars, are you sure it was a murder attempt and not suicide? We all know Mr.King was going through some tough times these days."

                           "Are you blind or do you just simply refuse to consider a fact that is infront of your eyes? Mr.King was in no way under any stress. Yes, we were being threatened, but not to the point were he would go and commit suicide. And if you call, someone else pulling the trigger to end your life as suicide, you are free to feel so. But remember one thing, Kayden was not or is not someone who would end his own life. So watch you what you say about him. I do not appreciate someone pointing fingers at Kayden. No more questions. Thank you!" with that Miracle made her way towards her car with Hazel on her toes before anyone else could ask questions.

                            Within 10 minutes, they were parking the car near the hospital. Not a single word shared between them during the car ride. Hazel knew how vicious Miracle's tongue could, when in anger. There was nothing that she could do to calm her down. Miracle had called her up during the night and they had, had a heart to heart before Hazel had fallen asleep by 4 in the morning. Even then, Hazel was vaguely aware of Miracle tossing and turning, definitely trying to figure out who was the mastermind behind everything. If only she could help Miracle in anyway.

                            Her heart broke to watch her friend hold down her tears and act strong. Miracle was one of those women, who would only let go of their emotions when they didn't have any choice other than to let them go. Hazel had no idea how Miracle had managed to bottle up all of her feelings for Kayden so long and watch him date other women. Hazel had dished out all of her feelings the first time Michael had thought of taking out some other girl. Whereas Miracle was excellent at keeping her feelings at bay and maintaining a poker face. Miracle was an amazing woman and she didn't deserve all of this stupid shit. She deserved to be happy and married to Kayden with two kids playing and creating a havoc in the house.

                            Hazel was brought out of her thoughts when Miracle stumbled back, losing her step and on the verge of falling. Miracle some how managed to balance her footing and stood up straight. That's when both of them noticed the little lady who had attacked Miracle and had her almost falling was none other than Kayden's younger sister, Samantha.

                       "Sammy, when did you come?" Miracle asked, still surprised. 

                  "I caught the first flight that was available from Rome and came running over here. Why didn't you tell me anything?" Samantha said, sounding sad.

                            "We were about to call you and tell you about the engagement, when suddenly this happened." Miracle said, looking guilt stricken.

                       "It's okay, honey. Kayden woke up a few hours ago. He was asking for you. The doctor said he is perfectly fine, though they'll have to keep him in the hospital. he still can't walk or talk to much. Go and meet him. Hazel, it's been a long time since I last saw you. How about we go and catch up, while Miracle goes to see Kayden?" Samantha asked Hazel as she pushed Miracle towards Kayden's room. Miracle and Hazel both chuckled at Sammy's actions.

                      Sammy was just like them, just a little more shy than them. She had gone to Italy to explore more about food and tastes. Her amazing ability to cook, taste and criticize food had taken her to Rome, Italy. Since past two years she was living there and working for a TV show called as 'Hunger Busters'. No one could have thought that their shy and slightly quiet Samantha King, daughter to Maximus King and Ornelia king and loving younger sister to Kayden King, would enter into TV shows. They all had thought she would opt for a job with more serious side to it. But honestly speaking King family and Mars family had the tendency to surprise people a lot. So it was not much of a shock when Samantha followed her heart and opted for a job of her liking. Miracle just shook her head at her thoughts and entered Kayden's room.

                                 "Wow, baby. You look like a zombie from 'The Zombie Island'." came Kayden's tired and husky voice.

                          "Thank you, Kay. I feel so beautiful right now." Miracle said sarcastically at sat near Kayden's bed. Kayden just chuckled at her remark and hissed in pain, holding the side of his abdomen, where he was shot. 

                              "Are you alright, baby?" Kayden asked.

                         "Says the one, who is laying on a hospital bed with two IV's stuck in both of his hands."

                          "What's with all the sarcasm?" A frown formed on his face. Miracle suddenly felt guilty for going all witty on him in this condition.

                          "Nothing, I've just been a little tired." She said while caressing his cheek with the back of her hand.

                          "I figured that much out. I missed you, baby." Kayden said while taking hold of her hand and placing a soft kiss on it. The tears finally made their way out of her eyes and her system.

                           "I was so scared, Kay. When h-he shot you, everything was red. And then y-you fell unconscious. A-and you won't wake up, I don't want to l-lose you. I love you. I love you so much, Kay." Miracle sobbed on his chest as Kayden constantly kept soothing her by patting her head. After a few minutes of sobbing her heart out, Miracle was out like a light bulb. The fatigue taking its toll on her body. 

                                     And for the very first time Kayden, felt secure. He knew that Miracle wouldn't ever leave him. He felt a new surge of confidence and admiration form in his heart for his baby. He knew they could overcome a tsunami of problems as long as they were together. 

                                    But what could he possibly do about the people, who were desperate to watch them crumble into pieces?

***********************************************************************************

A/N: HELLO THERE PEEPS! SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART...

 I HAVE BEEN A LIL BUSY WITH SCHOOL WORK. EH.. SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS CHAPTER? 

THE PICTURE ON THE SIDE IS SAMANTHA KING.

ENJOY READING...

LOVE TRISH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

618K 33.4K 79
People say love destroys friendship and one shouldn't fall in love with their best friend, unknown of the fact that if it works out you'll have your...
2.2M 113K 54
"You see him as an heir of your empire and not as a family member. All you care about is the inheritance and not the child. If all you want is an hei...
651K 21.7K 61
[Highest Rank; #3 in Humor 3/27/17] --- I was unable to keep myself from blushing. "I'm not his girlfriend." "Yet." Ryder and Benjamin sai...
7.2K 944 15
โ—‡๐“๐‡๐„ ๐”๐๐“๐Ž๐‹๐ƒ ๐’๐“๐Ž๐‘๐˜ ๐Ž๐… ๐‹๐Ž๐•๐„โ—‡ ~๐€ ๐‰๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ž๐ฒโ™คโ–ช๏ธŽโ–ช๏ธŽโ–ช๏ธŽโ–ช๏ธŽโ–ช๏ธŽโ–ช๏ธŽโ–ช๏ธŽโ™ก๐จ๐Ÿ ๐€๐๐จ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง~ Have you ever thought, whe...