All Because of a Snow Storm (...

By miliee

What would you do if you were poor - like, nearly-living-on-the-streets kind of poor,- and you somehow end up... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 18

64.8K 1K 1K
By miliee

Abbie's POV. (2days later)

Heather and Rose were at the park with Jonathan and Jordyn. I had to stay at home because I was coming down with a cold. My temperature was going up and my nose was running. The tissue box was currently my best friend.

I was on my phone, scrolling down my timeline, when a certain tweet caught my attention. "omg they're so cute together... But I still wish he was with Abbie. #Nabbieforever". A picture was attached.

My breath caught in my throat. This tweet was clearly about Niall with another girl... Since when does Niall have a girlfriend? Did he seriously move on from me that fast? Should I click the picture to see who is the girl?

I clicked on the picture and gasped, my eyes widening. It was a collage of Niall and Miranda Cosgrove. A picture of them laughing together, one of them smiling sweetly to each other, and one of them holding hands.

I bit my lip, my heart pounding in my chest as anger and sadness overtook me. Anger because we talked yesterday on Skype and he didn't even mention her to me. Sadness because he moved on from me so quickly.

My eyes started watering up against my will. I shouldn't be crying over this, I wanted this anyways, right? I wanted to take things slow and wait until he came back, right?

But the ache in my heart told me that no, that's not what I wanted at all. I wanted to be Niall's girl, the one that he would be in love with, that he would spend his time with....

I groaned and slammed my face in the sofa cushions as tears ran down my cheeks. I should've agreed to be Niall's girlfriend the first time he asked. Now he's moved on, and I might just have lost him for good.

••••

Niall's POV.

"I was thinking we could go out to watch a movie tonight?" Miranda proposed tentatively.

Somebody knocked on the door of my hotel room, and I frowned. I wasn't expecting anyone.

"Just a second Miranda, there's someone at the door"

I unlocked the door and opened it, only to see a worried looking Harry, who had his phone in his hand. "We need to talk Niall" he mouthed. I frowned.

"Umm Miranda? Yeah I'll call you later. Bye"

I hung up and stuffed my phone in my pocket before opening the door wider for Harry. "What's up mate?"

He walked into my room and turned to face me. "Abbie is really upset"

My breath caught in my throat for a moment. "What? Why? How do you know?"

"Heather and Rose went out with the twins, and when they came back she was crying on the couch and they didn't know why... She wouldn't tell them... But then Rose took her phone and saw a picture that she opened on Twitter of you and Miranda" he said slowly, avoiding eye contact. "Heather texted me. They're really worried about her. She's a mess"

"Damn" I muttered, closing my eyes. I forgot to tell her. Now she probably won't believe me when I tell her the truth...

"I think you should tell her" Harry added, as if he'd read my mind.

"But how am I supposed to tell her?"

"I don't know mate, how do you think you should tell her?" he asked.

"I don't think I should tell her at all" I said quietly, a bit unsure of his reaction.

I'd given this a lot of thought, and I've come to realize that for things to be okay between us, I'll have to make Abbie think the same as everybody else... That Miranda and I are really going out. Even if that's a lie. It's the best way to help the both of us move on, at least until we can really go out properly.

That was what she wanted, right? I'm just doing what's best for her. What she wants.

"I thought you'd say that... That's why I didn't tell Heather that it was management who set it up"

I snapped my head up. "You didn't tell Heather?!"

"No, I figured you'd want to tell them yourself... We all know that those three girls can't keep secrets from each other... As soon as one knows, they all know!" he reasoned. "I told the other lads not to say anything either"

"Thanks Haz" I thanked him, grateful for understanding.

"No problem buddy" he smiled. "I just can't believe our management and Miranda's management would make you both fake-date each other." he added.

"Well they wanted to... 'punish' me for not keeping things between me and Abbie a secret. And they needed a way to make us more popular in America, and we're already starring in iCarly, so what better way than to make a member of the band date the lead actress?"

"I guess so.... And I don't think it helped that it leaked to the press that you bought Abbie a phone"

"No, that just added to the whole mess" I said darkly, playing with my phone in my hands. "So we'll just keep Abbie and the girls thinking that I'm really dating Miranda. Okay?" I warned.

"Sure. Whatever you think will be best for you and Abbie" he shrugged. "I just don't think you should torture her like that... It's gotta be hard on her"

"I know but I have no other choice!! She has to be upset or the paps will see through the act"

"You're right, mate... Well I guess I'll leave you to talk with Miranda again" he winked at me. "Bye Nialler"

"Bye Haz" I muttered distractedly, turning back to my phone. I had a text from Miranda. "Meet me at the theatre at 8:30 tonight. Love you <3"

I smiled to myself before typing up a reply. "Sure thing babe. Dress up nice for me :) <3"

•••••••

Two weeks later.

Abbie's POV.

"Abbie. You have to stop moping around! I'm sure he's not that into her!" Rose begged, tugging at my arm.

"There was a video of them kissing and hugging and being all cute. They're in love" I weeped, pulling my arm back and stuffing my face in my pillow. "Leave me alone"

"Aw c'mon Abs, you have to get up and do something! The twins miss you!"

"Tell them to come here" I mumbled.

"You're being ridiculous now! I understood at the beginning, I was shocked too, but it's been two weeks now. If he's been able to move on then you should too! Now every time a new picture of them comes out you lock yourself in your room for hours!" she reasoned.

I sighed, rolling over on my back.

"Fine. I'll go out for a walk"

I walked over to my closet and pulled out a t-shirt and a pair of jean shorts. I slid them on and exited my bedroom, pulling my hair into a ponytail as I walked down the stairs.

"The beast has left her room" Heather smirked as she saw me come down the stairs. I stuck my tongue out at her childishly. "I'm going for a walk"

"Want us to come with you?" she proposed, looking up from the TV show he was watching with the twins.

"Nah, I wanna go alone..." I muttered as I slid my feet in my sandals.

"Okay. Have fun" Heather said distractedly as she turned back to the TV.

I waved to the twins and stepped out the front door, closing it behind me.

I stuffed my hands in my pockets as I walked to the park, looking down at my feet as I walked. I don't know how this walk would make me feel better, but at least I guess it was better than staying in that house with all the reminders of Niall.

As I turned the corner to get to the park, I bumped into something. Or more specifically, someone. "Oh I'm sorry I wasn't looking-"

I stopped mid-sentence as I realized who I'd bumped into. My breathing got shallow and my eyes widened. "Kevin?" I squeaked.

"Wow Abbie! Long time since I saw you!" He shot me one of his charming smiles, the ones that always made me melt. I tried not to fall for it this time.

"I wonder why" I coldly shot back at him, crossing my arms over my chest.

He frowned, his expression laced with confusion. "You're still mad at me for that?" he asked quietly.

"Obviously I am!" I said, getting angry that he thought I would have forgiven him that easily.

He sighed. "Here, come with me for a walk. We need to talk"

I huffed, uncrossing my arms and following after him. He led me to a bench and motioned for me to sit down with him.

"Look, Abbie.... I know I acted like a jerk okay. I was being selfish and.... And I wasn't thinking. I let my ego think for me and I... I made a big mistake. I really miss you" he said, his eyes pleading with mine. "Can you give me another chance?"

My heart started pounding in my chest. Was he really sorry? The expression on his face told me that he was. No matter how hard I tried to deny it, my feelings for Kevin never really went away. I sighed and closed my eyes. What's the worse that can happen?

"Sure. I've missed you too" I smiled at him as I opened my eyes again. He cracked a smile and pulled me in his arms, hugging me tight.

"But you'll have to earn my trust back" I warned. "You really hurt me last time."

"Yes. I understand" he nodded, taking my hand and standing up. "I'm so happy you're giving me another chance" he smiled.

I smiled back. "I'm happy too"

He leaned over and kissed my cheek, and I couldn't help but sigh. My gut was telling me I made a mistake. A big mistake.

••••

"Who was that?" Rose asked as I came through the door. She was looking and Kevin, who was walking away. He had walked me back to the house.

"Kevin" I tried to say as if it was nothing.

I heard her gasp. "The Kevin?" she whispered, shocked. I looked up shyly at her and nodded.

"But... Why?" she whispered.

"He told me he changed"

"Abbie" she sighed, shaking her head. "You're too trusting. What if he hasn't? You'll end up hurt again!"

"I won't! I'm more careful now!" I protested.

She stayed quiet, just looking at me. "Fine. But I'm watching him. You should too. I don't completely trust him"

"Fine." I said, a bit offended that she wouldn't take my word for it. I went upstairs to my room. Kevin and I had exchanged numbers and he wanted to see me again tomorrow.

I heard Rose and Heather talking in hushed voices downstairs. I knew they were talking about me, but strangely... I didn't care that much. I just laid down in my bed and pulled out my phone. I opened Twitter and tweeted : "It's always good to meet up with old friends. Sometimes in life you just have to give second chances.<3"

•••••••

Liam's POV.

"What's a butter sock?" Niall asked. He struggled to keep his face straight and eventually burst into laughter. "I can't!" he laughed, tilting his head on the table. We all laughed too, unable to resist the Horan laugh.

The director sighed once again. We'd gone over this scene at least five times without success. "Take five" he waved his arms at the cameraman, who turned off the camera. "Everyone take a minute to calm down, we'll start again when you've calmed".

He got up from his chair and walked away, giving us a moment.

Miranda and Jennette both stood up as well, under pretext that they were going to get a drink of water.

My phone buzzed right then. I pulled it out of my pocket and unlocked it. My eyes narrowed as I read Abbie's tweet, which I automatically have sent to my phone.

@AbbieDuckyx: "It's always good to meet up with old friends. Sometimes in life you just have to give second chances.<3"

I drifted my eyes to the wall, thinking hard. What does she mean? Surely she's not talking about Niall, right? If not... Who is it?

I quickly opened my text message conversation with Rose. I composed a quick message. "What's Abbie's tweet about??"

I locked my phone again and dropped it on my lap again, looking up at the ceiling in inspiration. Who could it be?! It couldn't be Kevin... Or could it? What if she's giving him another chance??

"She met up with Kevin again. She saw the pictures of Niall and Miranda and got really upset. Now she's considering going back with him"

I had to read Rose's message twice to fully understand it. Abbie's back with Kevin?! What is she thinking? Is she trying to get hurt again?

I turned my gaze to the rest of the boys. Niall and Harry were confusedly looking at their phones, while Zayn and Louis were talking about the script. I wouldn't doubt that Harry was talking to Heather, and that Niall was trying to figure out Abbie's tweet.

"What's Abbie's tweet about?" Niall spoke up eventually. Harry shot me a look. Surely Heather had told him too. Heather tells him everything.

"She's back with Kevin" Harry blurted out.

I saw Niall's eyes widen, and his mouth opened slightly. He seemed hurt.

He looked down at his phone, and the lads and I all looked at each other, the same thought clearly going through our heads. We have to talk to Niall.

Just then did the director and the girls come back into the studio, interrupting our conversation. Niall managed to stick a smile on his face, though I could see right through it.

"Ready to take it back from the top boys?" he said cheerfully, clapping his hands together.

We all nodded, trying to seem enthusiastic, but deep inside, we all knew that we wanted to get this over with as soon as possible to carry on with our conversation.

•••••

As soon as we finished filming today's scenes, the lads and I quickly exited the studio and went to the tour bus, which would drive us to our hotel. Niall tried to escape to his bunk, but Zayn stopped him, holding him back.

"Mate, we need to talk"

Niall turned around. He was visibly upset. "About what?"

"Abbie and Kevin." Harry said, sitting down on the sofa.

"Oh. Wasn't she really upset with him?" he said as we all sat down.

"Well apparently she saw those pictures of you and Miranda and to feel better she started hanging out with Kevin again" I told him, shrugging. "You should've told her your relationship is fake, now she's trying to move on"

He looked down at his phone again and bit his lip. "Well it's too late now" he muttered. He suddenly looked up at the ceiling and leaned back in his chair.

"Niall, you should still tell her. She doesn't deserve to be lied to like this. You know that" Louis said calmly. "You were the one that wanted to help her move on from that jerk, yet right now you're leading her back into his arms. What's up with you, mate?"

Of course, Louis would be the one to think of the bad things about Kevin. He was the main one to help Abbie move on from him. He knew everything that happened between the both of them. He'd told us.

"I just... If we want this to work, in the end, we have to do whatever management wants, so they won't get any angrier at us. If I do exactly as they say, they won't have any more reasons to be mad at me, and as soon as our tour is over, maybe they'll let me date Abbie by then!" Niall explained.

"You all know that Abbie and I can't act to save our lives, so if she believes the same thing as everyone else, the act will be easier to believe!" he added.

Zayn looked at Niall with a pained expression. I knew his reasoning made sense, and it was what was best for now, but he still shouldn't play with Abbie's feelings like that.

Especially not if that asshole Kevin is involved.

"So you're just going to let her fall for Kevin all over again, making it ten times harder to win her back when we get back to London?" Harry asked incredulously.

"It's the only choice I have for now! Besides, it's her choice if she wants to get back with Kevin. I can't force her to like me" Niall shrugged his shoulders before getting up and walking to his bunk while Harry, Louis, Zayn and I just stared at him in complete shock.

I turned my head towards the rest of the boys. They all looked worried. I was worried too. What's up with Niall? Why does it seem like he doesn't care about Abbie going out with Kevin?

What's going to happen to Abbie and Niall?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Willow By Jordan

Fanfiction

6.3K 263 14
It's winter, and Christmas is only a few days away. Willow and her best friend Rose decide to go skiing at a popular area a few hours out of there ho...
30.2K 864 29
"We want you guys to come on tour with us." That one sentence brought the normal lives of Kate, Chelsea and Christina to a halt. It's not every day...
62K 1.3K 21
This story is about the One Direction boys. The obstacles they go through and the growth they make as a couple as well as fathers. The boys are on t...
564K 18K 50
What is Love at first sight? Getting butterflies in your stomach or having your palms sweat buckets? What defines it, and is it even possible to happ...