Love in the Dark

By chubbyalejandra

Can demons love? It isn't a question most people ask because most people don't encounter demons. But for 23 y... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Prologue

Chapter 8

594 26 6
By chubbyalejandra

I like strangers. They're new and unknown to me so I have no reason to dislike them. But then again, we all fall in love with a stranger.
- Gen

Wes

I looked down at the absolutely stunning woman dancing with me.

She looked so happy and free as she moved her body to the beat of the energetic music.

It was wonderful to watch. It was even better to actually in be the action.

I was still shocked over the fact that her ex left her. How do you leave a woman like Lyla?

She was perfect in every way.

I suddenly pull her close and she continued dancing, always looking up at me.

She had beautiful eyes. I could fall in love with those eyes.

She smiled at me and gave me a quick kiss. I felt like the happiest man in this room.

Suddenly there was loud alarm ringing through the whole building and the music was brought to a sudden end. The neon lights turn into red flashing ones.

I felt for Lyla and pulled her close. I didn't want to lose her. The alarm had stopped but everyone was in a frenzy.

We were all confused. What had happened?

Lyla gripped my hand, "Wes, what's happening?" she asked me, worried.

"I'm not sure. But don't worry, I got you." I told her, smiling.

She smiled back and nodded.

Then, the lights went out. The whole room was in pitch darkness. I felt for Lyla and sighed in relief as she gripped onto my shirt.

I felt around for Gen, but I couldn't be sure if I was touching the right persons.

"Gen?" I called out above the noise of panicked people.

"Wes. I'm over here!" She answered back.

"Ok. Stay right there!"

"Wes, I have a bad feeling about this." Lyla said to me.

I nodded even though she couldn't see. "I know. Me too."

Why did the lights go out like that? What was up with the alarm?

Soon everyone was pulling out their phones and turning on their flash lights.

Then we heard the crackle of a microphone starting up.

"We apologize for the mishap guys. There's something wrong with our equipment. We're trying to get it up and running as soon as possible."

I looked up and I see the outline of a man. He was the one talking.

"If you would like to leave now, the exit and entrance are now being opened."

A heart wrenching scream peirced the room. My head snapped towards Lyla's direction.

I could feel her hand being pulled out of mine. It was her scream.

I tried to grip her tiny hand but I was too late. In no time, she was gone.

Panic started to wash over me as I realized I couldn't see anything in the thick crowd of people even with the flash lights on.

She could be anywhere.

I desperately started searching, weaving through people.

But I didn't know which direction she was. I was probably in the wrong place. I just couldn't see her.

"Lyla!" I screamed, hoping she would answer and I could get a sense of her general direction.

I heard nothing.

"Wes?! Whats wrong?" I nearly knocked Gen over.

"Lyla. Someone grabbed her from my arms just now. I don't know where they turned." I rushed out in a panicked voice.

I couldn't lose her now. I just got her.

Everyone was so focused on getting out, no one realized a girl was missing.

It frustrated me how selfish they were.

Suddenly there was a very loud voice over the noise of people.

"YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!" He said, I could hear the fear in his voice, and I knew this just got real.

"WE ARE NOW EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES AT THE MOMENT AND WE CANNOT GET OUT OF HERE THROUGH THE MAIN AND BACK DOORS."

At that, the crowd got extremely angry  and there was loud quarrel. I needed to find Lyla and Gen before this place got seriously barbaric.

I continued parting the crowd, trying to get to the corner.

The voice spoke again, "THERE IS A SECRET EXIT HOWEVER, WHICH WE CAN ALL SQUEEZE THOUGH. EVERYONE GO TO THE BACK. FLASHLIGHTS ARE BEING GIVEN OUT TAKE ONE AND FOLLOW THE GUIDE. PLEASE NO PUSHING."

There was no use for him saying the last part because the words had barely came out when everyone had started running towards the back.

I didn't. I ran away from the crowd.

"Lyla!" I shouted again. "Wes! Can you find me?! I'm scared!" she shouted to me.

Her voice was trembling but it was much louder which meant I was much closer.

I smiled I went towards her voice. My heart was literally doing flips when I thought I was getting closer.

But then the worst thing happened. I heard her scream again.

This one was loud and completely terrified. By this time everyone had gotten flashlights and they all pointed it to the area of her scream.

A guy in full black had her. He held her over his shoulder and was running towards a huge glass window.

Lyla was fighting against him. She screamed and kicked and fisted him but nothing would work. He continued running.

Finally my legs started to work and I was running  towards them. My heart was hammering against my chest as fear flooded in.

I was getting close to them. But the people just stood there and looked, even moving out of the way. So many people and not one wanted to even try and help save her. It disgusted me. It frightened me.

"Lyla!" I shouted. Her head shot up and I could see relief behind her teary eyes.

"Oh God, Wes! Help me!" she screamed. The man turned and looked my way then speed up. If that was even possible.

My breaths were starting to come out raspy and my head was getting light.

No way in hell was I gonna just be defeated like that.

I speed up too. I wasn't going to lose Lyla. Not now, not ever.

She held out her arm to me. I was so close on grabbing her hand. I touched her fingers but mine slipped.

As I reached to grab her again, the damn bastard jumped.

He took one great leap and went flying right through the window.

The sound of shattered glass was deafening but Lyla's scream was worst.

"Wesssss!!!!" she screamed as she fell.

Her eyes caught mine for a second and at that moment I knew pain.

The terror in her eyes as she fell to what could be her death was completely heart wrenching.

My breath hitched as she was gone from my view.

I ran up to the huge broken glass. A few blood splatters were scattered around the area.

I heard the thud as the man touched ground. He quickly got up and with Lyla hanging limply on his shoulder.

Suddenly, they disappeared into the darkness of the night.

I fell to my knees in defeat. I could hardly breathe.

Anger filled my very soul. I couldn't save her. When she needed me the most I couldn't save her.

Hatred for whoever that fucking man was, filled my heart. I couldn't think straight.

I felt Gen's hand on my shoulder and heard her soft sobs.

"LYLA!!!!" I screamed, angry, sad and hurt. I lost her before I even had a chance to have her.

Chubbyalejandra 💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138 6 11
Two Boys Find Peace In Each Other When They Find Out They're Soulmates Ones A Bad Boy With An Attitude And The Other A Softy Who Desperately Needs So...
122K 4K 28
"He's from the pits of hell... literally." Carden is the son of Lucifer. In order for him to take over his father's spot in hell, he must marry in a...
82.2K 2.3K 11
"Ekka, don't you want to play with the other kids?" Jean asked as she entered the room where Ekka had been hiding away, only staring out a large wind...
66 0 11
When a series of murders involving romantic partners turning on each other with no memory of it later surfaces, Sam and Dean head to the small town w...