The Extroverty-Introvert

By LethargicGenius

Hey Guys! John is a 15-year-old student who is trying to figure out the best way to stay connected with his... More

THE EXTROVERTY INTROVERT:- Pilot
CHAPTER 2:-The Problem I Have With Weddings.
Chapter 3:- Embrace the Third Wheeling
Chapter 4:-A Bad Start Does Not Mean It's A Bad Day.
Chapter 5:-Always Keep Your Phone In The Bag!
Chapter 6 :- Abdomen Guards Should Be In All Sports!
Chapter 7:- Never Daydream When A Girl is Talking.
Chapter 9:- Is it Pancakes Or Videshi Dosa?
Chapter 10:- It's My Birthday!
Chapter 11:-Should I Make A Move?
Chapter 12:- The Things We Do For Love
Chapter 13:- Tutoring Natalie.
Chapter 14:- Can A Hairband Be A Weapon?
Chapter 15:- Watson, We Have A Problem!
Chapter 16:- Lost and Found.
Chapter 17:- Those Are A Nice Pair of Tits.
Chapter 18:- Do My Instincts Warn Me?
Chapter 19:- The Creep is Back.
Chapter 20:- Wait, You're a Gangster?
Chapter 21:- The Target's Daughter
Chapter 22:- Perspective
Chapter 23:- The Betrayal
Chapter 24:- What the heck Rachel? Where are my Clothes?
Chapter 25:- Overconfident in a Tuxedo
Chapter 26:- Psyche Grandma Rose!
Chapter 27:- Always Lock the Door
Chapter 28:- The Brief Past
Chapter 29:- Juan and Jose
Chapter 30:- Prom

Chapter 8:- Grandmothers

38 7 2
By LethargicGenius

"Sunshine, Daisies, Butter Mellow, Turn this stupid, Fat rat Yellow!", Screamed Ronald Weasley from the T.v.

I was binge watching the Harry Potter series, yet again!

[You tell me in the comments down below if you ever got tired of binge watching it or even reading the series.]

"Well, well, well! If it isn't Mr.Nerd 007 watching Harry Potter again!", a voice came from across the hall. I turned around to face it, and i saw it's Rachel, my sister and she was holding something in her hand. "What do you want?", i replied in a pissed off manner.

"Oh nothing too serious, just wanted to say that we need to go shopping soon.", she stated.

I looked back at her with a confused look, " Why do i need to come for YOUR shopping?". She paused for a bit and then replied:-

"Oh the shopping is for you." Now i was even more confused," Wait why me? I have plenty of clothes for school."

After hearing that her face dropped and she laughed:-

"All you have are saggy old sweaters and lame T-shirts Little Brother, she said with a cunning face.

Then she revealed what's in her hand and threw it at me, " And also you have this Lame Spiderman Suit."

Quick re-cap, i do indeed own a spiderman suit, like it's legit, top to bottom and it was a birthday present my parents got me on my 10th birthday. Now it's almost 5 years old, i don't wear it, because obviously i doesn't fit me. BUT Trust me if i was the same size as the 10 year old me, i would totally wear it to school for fancy dress competition.

"Hey! That thing has memories attached to it! It's not a waste to throw at me like that!" I screamed back at her.

" I don't care what you say, because i have a standard in school so i'd hope you would walk around within it, and not below it like you are right now." she replied while lifting her eyebrows together to like their are knitting needles.

This was ridiculous, i was being forced to change my clothing style according to my sister so that i could maintain her standards? Like who even cares about it except those few people who just can't breathe if at least once in a day they don't judge someone according to how they look compared to their elders. Life would be much better without them.

Then Rachel was about to leave the hall when i questioned her brilliantly," Wait so want to buy me clothes, but hang on a minute how will you get the money to do so if i won't come with you? Mom and Dad would think it's one of your old lies to get money to spend on friends!"

"I have my ways Johnny Boy! I have my ways!", she replied instantly and walked out of the room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The time is 9:30 pm and the i'm just about to finish watching the first movie of Harry Potter, when my phone went off.

*beep*

It wasn't occasional for me to receive any texts at this hour, so i opened it out of curiosity. It was an Instagram notification, it read:-

Natalie_24 has sent you a follow request.

Subconscious Mind:- " What is this?! My boy is getting follow requests from his crush!"

I accepted the request, and followed her back. Within an instant i got another notification. It read:-

Hey, your free rn?

I was kinda excited, but at the same time lazy to do anything at this hour, but after a little bit of thinking i replied.

Yeah, I'm free rn. What's up?

She replied within a minute or so:-

Wanna hangout?

Honestly at this point i was thinking that God was making me play this "find your crush game" in easy mode. But i didn't mind getting spoon fed tbh. So i replied:-

Ya sure, where do you wanna meet?

This time her reply came after a while, which didn't bother me though:-

You still stay in Symphony right?

I was confused with that message but i figured it would be easier to hangout in my building itself, come-on don't judge me, i'm a lazy teenager!

Yeah i still stay there, why?

Then my house bell rang.

*ring*

Followed by her message:-

Open the door ;)

Ok, this was interesting, this chick just landed at my doorstep by the time we had a conversation. I like that in a girl!

*opening the door*

"Hey!!!", i invited her with a lot of excitement. "Hey JOHN!", she replied too in an enthusiastic manner whilst entering my house. " So you're ready?", she asked and then checked my outfit and frowned. Before i could say anything she replied for me itself, " Ah..doesn't look like you are.."

If i'd be the judge, i wouldn't be so judgemental on the mundane combination of Long sleeves and pajamas for a simple walk in my building. But this is Natalie, she's just a copy of Rachel but more easy to hangout with.

I swooped across my room and randomly chose some set of clothes which i figured would be alright for a humid night, i was ready to leave with a sweater, white shorts and sneakers.

The thing about leaving my house is i should be able to get through the only obstacle to the door, my Granny! This woman was a terror! She is like the unwanted Personal Assistant that i don't pay and she acts like i owe her years worth of salary!

I couldn't escape her line of site without answering a ton of questions, like

1)Where are you going ?

2)Who are you going with?

3)Why are you going?

Like who even asks "why", isn't it self explanatory that i'm going to hangout with my friends?

I know you guys would tell me that even your parents or grandparents ask the same lame questions and yeah i get it, it's their right to know where their child or grandchild is going, but that doesn't mean you both ask the same God-damn question to me, whilst sitting next to each other! Like I swear you heard it when mom asked me the same question, right granny?

"Oh! Don't scream at my ears you little prick! Where are you going?!"

You know i get it that she is old and i should respect her, but come on! Just let me be!

"Oh you heard me child! Answer my question! Where are you going!"

*coughs*

"I'm going to meet.."

"Whaaaat?", she stopped me mid sentence.

"I'm going to meet Akaash and.."

"Speak louder kid! You are not stepping out of the house without informing me.", she stopped me again, and this time with a smile on her face.

Subconscious Mind:- " Dude this Granny is surely being an asshole right now, i swear to god even the neighbours would have an idea of where you are going tonight."

With patience and the realisation that i'm a good christian, i decided to give her one more chance and said:-

"I'm going out to meet Akaash and the others at the basketball..."

And she did it again:-

"WHATT?! I said speak louder!"

*takes a deep breath*

" YOU PIECE OF SHIT OLD WOMAN, DO ME A FAVOUR AND KEEP PRAYING INSTEAD OF BUGGING ME AND WASTING MY PRECIOUS TIME, WHERE AT THIS POINT I COULD BE WITH MY FRIENDS HAVING FUN, BUT I'M NOT! ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!"

I said all of this out of sheer anger and didn't even know that my parents were there..... So yeah i got grounded for a week because of that.

I knew this task of exiting the house itself was tough enough and now that Natalie was here too, oh boy ! Now I surely knew that God had appointed some dumb person, to determine what level of difficulty one has to face at a point of time.

God:- " Yeah that's for sure, i never knew Dr.Strange was this bad at his work? I mean the guy had one job to do!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i knew that Granny would be coming back to the hall within 15 mins of being in the washroom, and calculating the total time that has passed, i realised that there was only 1 minute left for her to enter the hall, and i could already hear her footsteps!

I briefed this problem to Natalie, but i doubt she understood even a bit because she frowned at every word i spoke. Then i heard this:-

"Is it the Bread-wala at the door?", granny asked. That's when i got a plan in my head! I swiftly held Natalie's hand told her to stand outside the door while i do the necessary. She was confused for a bit and was about to say something when i closed the door on her face!

Subconscious Mind:- "Oh she'll never forget that one!"

Then i opened the door and looked at her face and said," Ek bread dena! Ha brown bread."

She was like wtf?!

Then i looked at Granny and looked back outside the door and said in a sad voice, " Acha nahi hai kya apke pass brown bread? Acha niche ground floor pe rakha hai ?! Acha rukho mae ata hun."

"Does he have brown bread or not?", asked granny.

To which i replied," Nope, he doesn't have it right now, but he has it in the ground floor in another bag, so you do one thing, watch Sasuraal Simar ka on the Television, and i'll go get the brown bread. Ok?"

She though about it for a second and then she agreed.

Subconscious Mind:- " Ja beta Jee lae apni zindagi!"

I didn't wait for another second, i grabbed Natalie's hand, rushed downstairs to the lift and then to the ground floor.

*panting*

"What was all of that? Why were you asking me for brown bread? ", Natalie asked with a concerned look.

"Don't worry about that, i'll explain later..", whilst gasping for air.

#greatescape

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there guys!!!!!!!!

How did y'all like the new character in the book? A grandmother! Tell me in the comments down below on your experience with your grandmothers and elderly.

Peace! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

452 7 28
It's the beginning of senior year, new chances, new goals and first love. This is a story of an unexpected love and a complicated situation, as Emma...
48 0 22
Gabby Goodwin has a questionable sense of style, no filter whatsoever, and horrible taste in the opposite sex, and that's just the tip of her problem...
15.5K 88 8
My teen age drop of lust
2.1K 52 16
Christy is a junior in high school who has problems with her love life . and Matt is a sophomore who doesn't find it to hard to pull a female or two...