Resurrection of Zodiac (Night...

By unnatural_Red

After an event that destroys Maria's world as she knows it. She's forced to redrawn a mantle she only used on... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Hiatus
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 11

83 4 0
By unnatural_Red

Maria pov
I laid on the pool deck at the Wayne Manor, the League was having their annual Forth of July pool party. I was glad I didn't have to cover my tattoos, I was glad to show them off. Especially with my new tattoo.

I wore a white bikini, my children were playing in the pool with Tim and Damien. The doors to the house opened and Jason came out and began to grill hot dogs and hamburgers.
"The Wests are here." He said.
Wally and Artemis came out, I got up and went over and hugged them. Artemis's stomach had a small bump.
"It's so good to see you two." I Said.
"It's good to see you walking, last time we did you couldn't." Wally said.
"I'm glad to be back on my feet." I said.
"How's the baby?" I asked as I rubbed Artemis's stomach.
"They're doing great." She smiled.

I laid out in the sun, waiting for more guests to arrive. Artemis was sunbathing next to me. I got up and dove in. When I came up, the Supers and Martians were their. Kal and Gar jumped into the water. Sage screamed, as she was splashed. I swam over to her and held her.
"Mama," she giggled.
"I got you sweetie." I Said.

Ollie and Dinah came out with Thea, Diggle, John, Lyla, and Felicity came out.
"Hey!" I exclaimed. I got out with Sage still in my arms.
"Maria!" Felicity and Thea yelled.
I hugged them, then Put Sage down and she toddled to Ollie as I gave Felicity and Thea proper hugs.
"How have you been? How's the chip doing?" Felicity asked.
"I'm walking so it's obviously is working." I Said.
"Your tattoos look great. I never really got to see them up close." Thea said as I held my arms out so she could see them.
"Is the circus tent for Dick?" Felicity asked.
"No the big Nightwing logo is, I just always loved the circus. And Now I am in the circus. Actually I've gotta leave early for another performance in Metropolis." I said.
"We saw the Haly Circus when it was in Star city you were amazing." Thea said.
"Thank you," I said.
"Maria!" I was then trucked into the pool.
I came up and Ollie was laughing at me.
"Why did you do that?" I asked.
"Because I felt like it." He said.
I groaned, "sometimes I hate you all." I said.
Two arms wrapped around my neck.
"Mama!" Wally exclaimed.
"Hey Buddy." I said.
"It's Papa and Gigi." He pointed.

I grabbed the wall and Ollie picked Wally up. I got out and gave Lyla and Diggle a hug. I tried to hug John, but he jumped into the pool.
"He's not much of a hugger." Diggle said.

Once everyone was there, we ate. I had to give Tim and Jason a hand with the food.

I held two plates of food, I was taking it to me children, when Gar came out of nowhere and pushed me into the pool, stealing my bikini top in the process.
"What the Hell, Gar!" I yelled as he held my top. I climbed out of the pool and chased him.

When I realized I couldn't catch a cheetah, I ran back to the house and I grabbed my bow and a set of tranquilizer arrows.

"What do you think you're doing?" I turned and saw Dick.
"Hey!" I ran over and hugged him. "Hey you got a new tattoo." Dick said looking at my breast. "I did, What are you doing here?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around his neck.
"I came to check in on everyone." He said.
"Now I know you don't have nipples but where is your top?" He asked.
"Gar stole it, I'm going to shoot him with a tranquilizer arrow." I said as I held my quiver and bow up.
"Don't overdose him." Dick Said.

He put his arms around me and I followed him to the second story balcony was. I went out and aimed my shot at Gar, who had turned Into a monkey and was running around the pool deck, waving my bikini top around like it was a trophy. I let go of my arrow, giving away my position.
"She's on the roof!" Wally yelled.
I fired another arrow at Gar,
"what do you think, another arrow or is he out cold?" I asked. M'gann ran over to her brother.
"He's out cold," she called.

Dick laughed. I took a grappaling arrow. And fired it at the brick wall surrounding the pool.

"Hold on," I said to Dick.

He wrapped his arms so one arm was over my shoulders. I put my bow over the line and we zipped off the balcony and I let go once I was over the pool.

"Could have given me a heads up, I had some gadgets in my pocket."  Dick said.
"Sorry Babe." I kissed his cheek and climbed out and M'gann handed me my top. She tied the straps for me.
"Thank you and I'm not sorry about your brother." I said.
"It's fine, he kind of deserved it." She said.
Kal jumped on M'gann's back.
"Hey are you not gonna help me out?" Dick asked holding his hand up.
"You can bench press over 400 pounds you can get out of the pool." I said. Justice ran over and tried to help Dick out of the pool.

Sage ran over and Dick picked her up.
"Hey sweetie," he said.
He took a few gadgets out of his pockets and all we're waterlogged.
"Sorry about that, didn't expect you to have gadgets on you." I said.
"It's fine They really should make these waterproof." Dick Said.

•••

Dick and I laid on a chair, as the children and teens swam. I looked at the clock on the wall. I realized that I had to get to Metropolis.
"I've got to go," I said as I got up but Dick grabbed my wrist.
"No, you can't leave me," he pulled me into a hug.
"I have to, Haly has me singing the national anthem at the beginning. I have to go." I said as I struggled.
"I will only let you go is you promise you'll be back tonight." Dick Said.
"I'll be late, I have an interview with Lois." I said.
"Tell her I said hello." Clark called.
"I will, now I really don't want to hurt you, sweetie." I said struggling in his grip.
"You can't hurt me." He whispered in my ear.
"I doubt that." I Said as I elbowed his stomach. His grip loosened. And I grabbed his arm and threw him over my shoulder.
"Sorry if I hurt you sweetie, but I can't be late or Haly will have my head." I said.
I crouched down and kissed his forehead before running in and changing.

After the show, I went to my trailer and put my robe on. A knock came at the door.
"Come in," I Said As I picked up one of Sage's dolls. Lois came in.
"Lois Lane, Daily Planet." She said as she showed me her press pass.
"Hi Lois, how are you?" I asked as I hugged her.
"I'm well, how are you doing?" She said.
"I'm well," I said as I motioned to the chairs. Lois set up her recorder.
"So, Anastasia Grayson. Widow of the Famous Dick Grayson, the former Nightwing. You had an amazing career in photojournalism, yet you gave it all up to run away with the circus. Why?" Lois asked.
"Well after Dick's died and his identity was revealed, I had to lie low and disappear from our former social ring. So my children and I ran to a place I knew was safe. It was decent money and it offered security, I mean we're never in the same city for long so it was ideal. Especially since I am hiding my children from the public eye." I said.
"What is it like for a single mom raising three kids in the circus?"
"It's actually much easier than you would think. The circus is definitely like a giant family. We're one big nomadic family, that is willing to jump to their feet to help out with someone else's kids."
"Now you do the aerialist routines every night. Have your children picked up on any circus act like hobbies?"
"Yes, in fact Justice has taken after his father and is learning trapeze. You see when Dick's parents were alive they were apart of this circus and they had an act called The Flying Grayson. Our ringmaster, Haly says that there's nothing more beautiful than the sight of a Grayson on the trapeze." I said.
"That must be really big for Justice to continue his father's family legacy."
  "It is," I said.

"Well I think I've got all I need," Lois said.
"It feels silly to be talking about Dick like he's dead." I said.
"Well at least he's alive." Lois said.
"You are right, he even showed up to the party today." I said.

Lois and I went back to Gotham and the guys were still swimming.
"We're back!" I called. Dick got out and ran over to me.
"Any electronics on you?" He asked as he put me over his shoulder.
"I do," I said.
"Then remove them from your person." Dick Said as he walked towards the pool.
"I can't really remove it. It's imbedded into my spine." I said.
"That's Not a problem." He threw me into the pool.

I came up and Wally climbed on me.
"Hey buddy," I swam to where I could touch and took my shirt off.
"How was the show?" Dick asked as he got back in.
"Great like always," I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck.
"Drake! Drake! Put me down!" Damien yelled as Tim threw him in the pool.
"That is for all the pain you've caused me." Tim yelled.
Damien came up and cursed Tim in Arabic.
"Damien! Don't use that langue when my are around!" I yelled in Arabic.
"When did you learn Arabic?" Dick asked in English.
"In college, when I was avoiding Jason while he was trying to hunt me down to get to you to Dick." I said.
"I really should have just gone after Selina." Jason Said. Selina hissed and batted her hand at Jason.
"Down Kitty." Bruce said rubbing her arm.
"Why am I just finding out you know Arabic?" Damien asked.
"I don't know," I said.
"The better question is why did you never tell me you knew Arabic?" Dick asked.
"I never told you because I knew it would hurt your pride because you couldn't comprehend it." I said patting his cheek.
"I never was able to grasp it because it was too hard." Dick pouted.
"How did I not know you spoke Arabic?" Damien asked.
"I've used Arabian spells right in front of you." I said ignoring my pitiful husband who's ego had just been shot.
"When was that?" Damien asked.
"I can't name a definitive time, but I know Arabian spells." I said.
"I can't get over the fact you know Arabic." Damien said. We laughed.

When Damien got over that shock, he went after Tim for revenge. Dick and I took our children up to their rooms and got them ready for bed.

______________________
A/n: hope you enjoyed this chapter.
-Zodiac

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

411 12 18
When Canary gets thrown down sinners well with Karen and Chase, they discover a whole new world. With strange creatures. To go back up to the surface...
60 0 10
In a normal world where witch craft is possible. Two girls went to a Anime Convention and gets cursed by a evil witch which will send them back in ti...
70.8K 1.6K 54
Maria Kinsman has been on her own since she was 12. She's spent the last four years traveling across America advancing her magic skills. She was rais...
144K 4.1K 26
Dick never knew it, but his parents had another child, worried they couldn't support him they gave him up for adoption. At 20 years old Dick sees a p...