Lost and Found

By TRBL247

Nick Burkhardt is a man with a lot of enemies. Every relationship he forms puts those he cares about in jeopa... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three and Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four

Chapter Fifty-Eight

126 4 10
By TRBL247

Rosalee's POV

"Anything?" I asked Monroe when he came back into the front room.

He shook his head and said, "Nothing. I couldn't get her to explain anything." Monroe looked hopeless, and so did Nick who had started pacing again, and Eve who was staring off into the distance without any sort of emotion on her face.

"Did she really point a gun at Nick?" I asked Monroe, making sure he had heard the same story as I did. Wu was standing near us and said, "She pointed Nick's gun at Nick."

I put my hands up and said, "This is ridiculous!"

"Honey-" Monroe began to comfort. He didn't like it when I got worked up because it was bad for the babies.

"No! There is something she's not telling us, and I want to find out what it is!" I yelled.

Monroe put his hands on my shoulders to try to calm me down. "Maybe Hank is making some headway...?" he suggested.

We all listened carefully and heard Trubel yell, "You're wasting your time, Hank!"

"Or not," Wu said snarkily.

"Okay, look, all I'm saying is that, before you get all worked up, maybe Eve could talk to her first," Monroe clarified. We all looked over at Eve. Her trance was broken when Monroe said her name, and she shook her head. "I don't think I'm ready to..." she trailed off.

"Well, I am!" I said. I opened the double doors into the back room and told Hank, "Let me try."

Hank turned to give Trubel one more angry glance before he told me, "She's all yours," and stomped out of the room.

"You're going to try to make me spill my guts, too, huh?" she asked me bitterly.

"Damn right," I hissed. "And I'm going to do more than just try."

Trubel laughed bitterly and said, "Good luck with that."

I shook my head. "I don't need luck," I assured her. "You're forgetting that I have books full of recipes that will keep you from knowing up from down. I could give you any number of things to make sure I get the truth."

Trubel looked nervous which made me wonder what she was hiding.

"But I hope it doesn't come to that," I admitted. It was true. I knew a handful of truth serum recipes, but they all had nasty side effects; they definitely weren't something to use on your friends and somehow I still felt like Trubel was mine.

"So I'm not going to coax you into telling me the truth, and I'm not going to yell at you," I warned. "I'm going to tell you what you did to us because that might be the only way to get through to you."

"You think you're going to guilt me into talking?" she asked me. Every word out of her mouth was full of anger and bitterness.

"You can pretend like you don't care about us anymore, but I don't believe you, not for a second," I told her sternly. "So you are going to sit here while I tell you what you missed while you were gone."

Trubel rolled her eyes, but she kept her head down as if she were ashamed to look at me.

"Thinking you were dead was excruciating for all of us," I told her. "Nick didn't eat or sleep for three days, and Adalind was driving herself crazy worrying about him. Eve was working herself to death trying not to think about the pain she felt from losing you. Josh lost his job from flying down here from Philadelphia without giving his boss notice because he was in such a hurry to get here."

The more I talked, the more I realized how much hell we'd gone through. By the look on Trubel's face, it seemed like she hadn't realized it either.

I kept going. "Wu stopped making jokes, Hank buried himself in cases, and what did I do? I tried to act like everything was normal, so I went to the doctor for a checkup. My blood pressure was higher than it should have been, and I confessed I wasn't sleeping. The doctor said that being so stressed was bad for my babies."

Trubel lowered her head a little more, probably feeling even more shameful than she had before.

"And then there was what you did to my husband. Monroe was heartbroken in a way I have never seen him. He was walking around like a zombie, he broke one of his favorite clocks, and he was working himself into panics about losing more people we cared about. He was going crazy, worrying about something happening to our children, and how he could hardly even survive this!" I hadn't meant to yell, but I was. It was good for the babies to not hold onto anger and stress and pain, and the floodgates had been opened.

"You hurt him, and yes I am mad at you for that! Furious, actually! And to think that none of this had to happen! We never had to experience any of this pain and loss, but that's what you wanted! And that's what you did to us! We had a funeral for you! Monroe and I put it together. Do you know how painful it is to have to plan a funeral for someone you weren't ready to lose?"

Trubel didn't respond.

"Do you?!" I yelled. I was fighting tears this whole time, but now I had to let them go.

Trubel closed her eyes and dropped her head a little lower.

"Don't look away from me! You have to own up to what you did!" I screamed at her.

I watched her face carefully, and that's how I noticed her chin quiver slightly and her lips tighten. She kept her mouth clamped shut, but even still, I could hear a wincing sound coming from her throat as her body shuddered from a repressed sob. She opened her eyes that had been squeezed tightly shut, and tears started streaming down her face.

It looked like she was in pain. I kneeled down in front of her and put my hands on her shoulders. "What's going on?" I asked her.

"I'm so sorry," she sobbed. "I was just trying to..." she began, but she didn't continue.

"Trying to what?" I asked.

"You can't tell Nick," she said.

"Okay," I agreed.

Trubel sniffled and said, "Andre was going to kill him after killing me."

What? "But he didn't," I said, confused.

"I promised Andre that I would do whatever he wants as long as he let Nick go," Trubel said.

"Why didn't you say that?" I asked her, completely dumfounded. That's what she was keeping from us?

"If Andre finds out that Nick knows I'm alive, he's going to kill me and Nick. And who says he'll stop there? But if Nick finds out why I'm doing this, he's not going to let me go back, and Andre will kill him," Trubel explained.

She did all of this to save Nick's and the rest of our lives...

"I didn't know thinking I was dead would hurt you all so much, but I had to do it to keep everyone alive. I'm so sorry," Trubel told me, still crying.

"No, no it's okay," I promised. Wow, I felt guilty! Now I was just trying to comfort her.

"You have to let me go," Trubel begged. I started shaking my head, but Trubel said, "Rosalee, please."

"We can't let you ruin your life for us," I told her. "We can take care of ourselves."

"Not against a whole gang," Trubel said worriedly. "We'd never be able to get them all. Please, let me go. I don't care what happens to me!"

"Nick!" I yelled.

"No, Rosalee, no! You said you wouldn't tell him!" Trubel yelled at me, looking at me with a betrayed expression.

"I'm sorry, Trubel. But I have to," I told her guiltily. I did feel bad for lying, but we couldn't let her keep working as a slave for a sadistic gang. She meant so much more to us than that.

Nick came running in, and he quickly scanned the room worriedly. His eyes fell on Trubel who still had tears running down her face; she couldn't wipe them away because she was still handcuffed.

"What's wrong?" Nick asked. He sounded more frantic than comforting.

I opened my mouth to explain what Trubel had said to me, but she interrupted.

"Nothing. I just want to leave. That's it," Trubel said.

Nick looked over at me, and I said, "She's working for Andre because-"

And then I heard the bell from the front room, signalling that someone had either just entered or just left the shop.

"I need help," requested a man's voice. I felt like I had heard it somewhere before...

"Um, we closed for a private meeting of sorts," Monroe explained. "You'll have to come back tomorrow. I'm sorry."

I remembered Roy. He visited the Spice Shop while Monroe and I were planning Trubel's funeral. What was he doing here, now?

"It'll just take a minute," I heard Roy say before the double doors bursted open. Roy ran in, and his gaze turned to Trubel immediately. This was going to be hard to explain.

"Roy?" Trubel sniffled. Wait a minute. She knew him?

"Trubel!" he said, running to her. "Are you okay?" he asked her.

"We need to go," Trubel said.

"Yeah, I know," Roy said. "Andre's starting to get suspicious."

Andre? Seventh Street Andre?

"What the hell is going on?" Monroe asked. Eve and Wu followed behind him.

Roy ignored them. "I'll help you up," Roy offered to Trubel.

"The hell you are," Nick yelled, grabbing Roy's arm, turning him to face him. "She's not going anywhere."

Monroe walked over to me quickly and got between me and the others.

Roy shook Nick's arm off and woged into a Mauvais Dentes.

I had no idea Roy was Wesen, not to mention one of the most dangerous Wesen there was! Nick didn't back up, but everyone else did. Roy roared at Nick, and none of us liked that. Monroe woged, and so did I. Nick tried to take a step toward Trubel, but Roy got in his way. That's when Wu sort of morphed, and Eve woged. Roy looked nervously around the room, but continued to stand his ground.

"Roy, stop!" Trubel yelled at him. She was still sitting on the bed, and there wasn't a lot she could do now that she was handcuffed.

"You didn't tell me your friends were all so freaky," Roy complained, but stayed woged. He was still in Nick's way.

"Roy, enough! Come on," Trubel reprimanded. Again, Roy didn't react. Trubel kicked him hard in the leg, and he turned to her and said, "Ow! What the hell?!"

"Stop!" Trubel yelled at him again.

Roy woged back into human form and backed up a few steps so he wasn't between us and Trubel anymore.

"Fine, but we still have to get out of here," Roy said.

Trubel looked up at me. "Rosalee, please, I want to do this. I owe him," she said, referring to Nick.

Everyone, including myself, retracted into human form. I stepped to get closer to Trubel, but Monroe got in my way. He looked nervous, and I gave him a look that said I didn't care. He moved and I walked up to Trubel.

"You don't owe anyone this," I said. "You're staying with us." I turned around and announced to the group, "Trubel's working for Andre to keep him from going after Nick and the rest of us."

"You didn't tell them?" Roy asked her.

Trubel gave him an exasperated look and Roy said, "Well, that was dumb."

Eve looked confused, Wu had wide eyes and was looking back and forth to see if everyone was as surprised as he was, Hank was already throwing Roy the handcuff keys so he could unlock Trubel, Monroe's mouth was hanging open with shock, and Nick looked like he had seen a ghost.

Roy finished unlocking Trubel's handcuffs, and Nick asked, "Is that true?" in a voice that was almost a whisper.

Trubel wiped the tears from her face, stood up, and started walking toward him. "It's true," she confessed. Nick rubbed his forehead with anxiety, and groaned to himself. Trubel must have thought he was disappointed in her, though to me, it looked like he felt guilty and ashamed. "Nick, I'm sorry. I wanted to tell you, but-" Trubel began, trying to explain herself. Before she was finished, Nick was already wrapping his arms around her in a grateful hug. "I'm so sorry," Trubel repeated.

"You don't have to be sorry," Nick said as he held her. Eventually, he pulled away from her and said, "But never do that to me again," he ordered.

Trubel laughed lightly and wiped her eyes again, trying to hide evidence of her tears. "Okay," she promised.

"This is great," Roy said indifferently. "It really is, but what are we going to do?"

Nick looked up at Roy and then at Trubel. "Who is this, again?" he asked.

"Roy," Trubel answered. "He works for Andre."

"He's a gang member?" Hank asked, sounding a little more judgemental than necessary.

Roy sighed, and Trubel defensively said, "Yeah, and technically so am I. Get over it."

"He's the one you saved that night," Nick realized.

"Ding, ding. You win the prize," Roy said sarcastically. "Look, we need to go back, like, right now," Roy repeated to Trubel.

"No. No, you're the reason she got involved in this mess in the first place," Nick asserted. "She's not going back with you."

"What about what you're doing? If Andre finds out about this, you're going to get her killed!" Roy yelled.

"Calm down, ladies, you're both pretty," Trubel said irritatedly while rolling her eyes. "Nick, you don't understand. If Andre finds out, everyone in this room is dead."

"Then, we'll figure something out," Nick promised her.

Monroe wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "Can we figure this out someplace that isn't here? I don't know how I feel about gangs coming after us," Monroe said protectively.

Suddenly, a phone started ringing. We all looked around to see if it was our own when Roy called out, "It's mine. I've gotta take this."

The room fell silent as Roy answered it. "Orion, hey." He paused before saying, "Woah, calm down, man... What?... WHAT? Okay, okay! I'll call you back. Are they headed back to the house? Okay, thanks. Bye." Roy hung up the phone, and looked to Trubel. "Orion says Zach saw me come here. They're going to tell Andre that you're here with Burkhardt. We have to go, right now."

"Can't we go back and, and I don't know, say Zach made some kind of mistake?" Trubel asked frantically. "Or maybe Orion can stall them somehow," she suggested.

"You think Orion's going to be able to keep Zach, Julian, Marcus, and Walter from taking the opportunity to get you killed?" Roy asked sarcastically. "Come on, Trubel, you know that's not going to work."

"Okay, either way, we have to get the hell out of here," Trubel said. She turned to Nick. "Where should we go?"

"Some place we can control," Nick suggested.

"Maybe Rosalee could go home? I don't think she should be fighting any gang members," Monroe requested. He was always looking out for me, but never looking out for himself.

"Whatever we're doing, we're doing together," I told him.

"Okay, here's the plan," Trubel said quickly. "I don't know how much Andre has on you guys. He might know where you guys live. Get your car and go to Bud's house right now, and make sure you aren't being followed, too. Eve, go with them in case something happens."

"Are you sure you don't need us?" I asked.

"I need you to stay safe, and maybe fill Bud in on what's going on," Trubel told us.

"We can do that," Monroe promised. "We'll see you soon," he told Trubel before taking my hand and leading me out to the car with Eve following behind us.

I hoped everyone would stay safe. I felt bad that I couldn't help them, but Monroe and I had a family to think about now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 592 40
I've grown to love the tv show called 'Grimm', my favorite characters are: Nick Burkhardt, Hank Griffin, Monroe, Rosalee, Juliette, Captain Renard an...
63.8K 2.1K 63
You and your brother Nick are thrown into the world of the Grimms after the death of your aunt. Trying to navigate this new life, you find yourself m...
1.7K 78 14
[LEGO NINJAGO FAE & FAERIES!AU] At first it doesn't seem like much of a good thing. But in time, it feels like stepping off the path into Fair Folk-i...
177K 3.2K 26
Imagine being as nice as possible throughout your whole life and then, after one bad accident, find yourself in the place meant for the most evil and...