Mountain Child/Raven Reyes

By RegularHeartBreak

She was a secret few knew of, a little trikru child raised within the bunker of the mountain men. One who swo... More

Playlist
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12

5

3.2K 98 9
By RegularHeartBreak

"What did president Wallace say?"

I heard Jasper ask, as I entered the dorm.

I was hoping to find somebody friendly to have lunch with, instead I found a conversation much more important than food taking place.

"He showed me Shaw's body."

Clarke responded, as I reached the area they were standing in.

An unfamiliar face sat on the bunk below Clarke's, appearing to be sketching something.

"It looked like an arrow wound."

She admitted, seeming almost disappointed.

"Well, maybe because it is an arrow wound."

Jasper reasoned, appearing to have had enough with Clarke's antics.

"Or that's what they want us to think."

Jasper now examined her face for signs of hysteria.

"What? They could have doctored it."

She defended, greeting me with a small cautious nod.

"Clarke, you sound like a crazy person. Why do you want to screw this up for us?"

Jasper asked, in a final attempt to find some reason within her.

I mean, little did he know she was very right, and doctoring a wound is something the government here would do without question.

I was starting to worry with the conversations I'd caught pieces of between doctors.

How long before they decided to experiment on these kids.

"I don't know what this is."

Clarke admitted, gesturing to the general surroundings.

"This is safe. This is food, a real bed, clothes, and my personal favorite not getting speared by Grounders .How long do you think they'll let us stay here if you keep this up?"

Clarke's expression changed as she lowered her voice, and side eyed me.

"Did someone threaten you?"

She asked in dark quiet tone.

Jasper rolled his eyes, and through his arms up annoyedly.

"No. No. It's common sense. Look. We're guests here, not prisoners. What would you do with a guest who kept calling you a liar and generally acted like an ungrateful ass?"

"Kick the ungrateful ass out."

The unfamiliar face chimed in, in a rather matter of fact voice.

"Right now, biggest threat to us is you."

Jasper told her harshly before storming off.

"Well shit."

I announced.

"And on that note, my gay extroverted ass is lonely and wants lunch. Any body feel like joining me?"

I asked extending my gesture to Clarke, and the newer dark skinned boy.

"I'm not hungry. Thanks though."

Clarke responded, marching off like she had somewhere to be.

Or maybe that's just how she always walks?

Jasper was right, she's pretty intense.

Although I can be too, I prefer to give off a laid back, flirty vibe.

It keeps people around me just the right level of comfortable with me.

I looked to the newer boy.

"Why not,"

He responded, putting down his pencil and paper.

He made a face as he sat up more, and I extended a hand to help his no doubt injured body out of the bed.

"I hear the cake is extraordinary, and I've been on a fluid diet since I got here. I'm Miller, Nathan Miller."

He told me, shaking the hand he was already holding.

"I'm Hestia, and I'm calling you Nathan by the way, the whole last name thing that some of you do weirds me out."

He chuckled.

"It has to do with our families position on the ark, and personal preference I suppose. But don't call me Nathan if we're going by first name, call me Nate."

I gave him a small nod.

I extended my arm, as I had done with Jasper the night before.

He took it with a small chuckle and I led the way towards the dining hall.

"Hmm."

I said thinking aloud.

"Hmm?"

He responded questioningly.

I chuckled.

"I'm just trying to think of what to ask, to find things we might have in common."

The corner of his mouth lifted as we neared the doors.

"Well the obvious one would be homosexuality."

He informed me.

My right brow lifted.

"Ah, and does the mysterious Nate have his eye on any fellows?"

I teased, probably sounding like a 12 year old gossip girl.

A sad smile fell over his face.

"I had a boyfriend, on the ark. Only God knows if he's alive."

"I'm sure he is,"

I said sympathetically, wishing I knew of better ways to comfort him.

While I'm a skilled talker, consolement isn't something I'm gifted in.

"Maybe."

He nodded giving me a hopeful face.

/

I watched Clarke from afar, as the common area was in a mild buzz.

Movie night was tonight, so anyone waiting for that was just sitting around, hanging out.

Except Clarke who sat in an arm chair.

Obviously the solitary type.

I liked to imagine I could see the gears turning in her mind, always alert, observing.

I didn't show her she was gonna find that room on her own soon.

And we wouldn't be able to work together.

Just as I was about to approach her, Langston walked past.

Her eyes widened.

He was healthy as ever, most of his burns faded, but a few still marred his visible flesh.

"Langston. Where you going, man?"

A fellow off duty guardsman called.

"Tonight's movie night."

He added cheerfully.

"I got to pass. Doc says I got one more treatment."

He responded, giving his buddy a thumbs up before heading for the exit.

Clarke dropped the book in her hands and followed him.

I followed her, hoping to catch her before she did anything stupid.

I rounded a corner and watched her watch Langston enter medical.

She jumped when she noticed me, and I raised my hands in a motion of peace.

"Clarke there's something I need to show you, but I haven't figured a way in there yet."

I told her.

"Show me what?"

She asked staring into my eyes.

Ah here it comes, full flash back mode.

I covered my mouth wanting to vomit, as the memories of that room, those sickly sweet drugs, the things I'd seen, things I'd done to try to escape, all returned.

My stomach churned as I heard their screams all over again.

The room was in a mild spin.

"Something terrible."

I managed.

Her eyes widened as she turned back to the door.

"Only patients are allowed in medical."

She mused.

"Meet me at this door in an hour."

She ordered.

"What are you gonna do?"

I asked composing myself, and sucking in a few deep breaths.

"Something."

She answered simply.

/

My stomach was rolling as I headed back to Jenna and Mark's apartment.

If this was go time then I needed to be prepared.

I changed into a thin cropped top, and black jeans.

I glanced around my room in search of anything I might need that was in my already prepared bag.

Realizing that nothing in this mountain really had sentimental value, I pulled on my boots, and strapped my knife to my thigh.

Now, making my way through the halls without anybody noticing the weapons, or the bag, would be a challenge.

Oooh what's in store? Lol hey guys, I wanna thank the people who vote for- you know? Their votes? And I want to thank all of my readers for even giving this story a glance. I promise eventually Hestia will meet Raven. But I want to lay her character out before they meet, but don't worry eventually sparks will fly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

916K 38.7K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
186K 4.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
953K 16.3K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
440K 13.2K 73
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...