6

I reached the med door with no confrontation.

Adrenaline pulsing in my veins.

It was finally happening.

Today could be the day I free my people.

I looked around for Clarke.

It had been an hour on the dot.

I expected her to show up any second with a keycard, so I almost erupted in a scream when arms grabbed me from behind and pulled me into medical.

I shoved her assailant off of me, and whirled around to find Clarke, standing in a hospital gown, with a fresh bandage on her arm.

"You hurt yourself to get in here?"

I squeaked grabbing her arm and examining it, as if that would do any good.

She nodded and pulled her arm away.

"Now whatever you have to show me'd better be worth it."

I took a deep breath.

"Oh it is."

I assured her.

I removed the vent cover from the wall, and paused for a second, bracing myself for the horror I was about to relive.

Then I climbed through.

The room hadn't changed much since I was 10, the last time I'd made it into this room.

Cages lined the room, full of sickly looking trikru, multiple azgeda, and a few other tribesmen.

I finally brought myself to look at the two currently being drained and had to steel my mind, there was no hope for them.

The horror on Clarke's face confirmed nothing like this could be considered moral.

"What the hell is this?"

She demanded, almost shrieking.

"These are my people Clarke, ai laik Hesteya kom trikru. And I need your help to save them."

I told her, straightening my back, and trying to sound unafraid.

The tribesmen in the cages let out sounds that weren't discernible when they noticed us.

"Their blood heals the people here, they bleed them dry, then feed their bodies to the reapers while they're on the edge of death."

I choked out.

"I need your help Clarke."

"How are you not like this?"

She asked motioning to the general area.

"I was 4 when they captured me, I wasn't a proper specimen so a couple who'd recently lost their child adopted me. I guess they hoped to assimilate me into the gene pool, and help my descendants process radiation."

I told her honestly.

As Clarke processed this she took a closer look at the cages, and I suppose noticed a familiar face.

"Anya?"

She asked kneeling down beside the cage.

"I'm gonna get you out of here."

She told the shaky woman in the cage, as I knelt beside her.

I searched the area for anything to break the padlock with.

There was a piece of scrap metal on the concrete nearby.

I grabbed it and handed it to Clarke.

Clarke used it as leverage, to snap open the padlock.