Different Type Of Wizard

By JayH00D

Minato Sensei and Hatake Kakashi are assigned a mission by Albus Dumbledore to protect Harry Potter, and the... More

The Phoenix
The Peculiar Nature of Wizards
Triwizard Tournament
The Prophecy
A Moody Mad-eye
A Shinobi's Instinct
The Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
The Goblet of Fire
Forest of Death
Dancing Dragons
Cries of Pain
Upon the Hour
Curious and Curriousness
Night of the Bulgarians
The Maze
Riddles in the Dark
The Aftermath
Farewell Hogwarts
Epilogue

Flesh, Blood and Bone

6.5K 297 244
By JayH00D

Disclaimer: I do not own anything concerning Harry Potter or Naruto.

(I know it's a little annoying that I write the same thing before each chapter! Gimme a break!)

Anyway... I hope you love this chapter!!!!!

...........................................................

Part three

Kakashi landed heavily on his back, his head hitting the ground hard, causing his vision to blur. He felt Harry land beside him on his right and Cedric on his left, the two boys groaning loudly from their harsh landing. Once his vision cleared, Kakashi looked around to get a sense of his surroundings. They had left the Hogwarts grounds completely, even the mountains surrounding the Castle were gone. They were in a dark and overgrown graveyard, the same one he had seen through the magic of the cup. Up the hill to the south was a small cottage, which looked abandoned.

"Are you alright Cedric?" Harry asked, unaware of the third individual present, attempting to sit up.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Cedric replied, also looking around the graveyard, his vision landing on Kakashi. "Kakashi!? How did you get here?" Cedric asked confused. Harry looked towards his left, noticing that Kakashi was indeed there. Maybe he was what he had seen before being caught in the spell.

"The Cup is a Portkey. I noticed this before you and Harry grabbed hold of it. So I teleported to reach you both just in time." Kakashi explained.

"Do you think that this is an extra test for the Tournament?" Cedric asked both Harry and Kakashi.

"No." Harry said, "I-I've been here before, in a dream."

Kakashi looked up worridly at Harry, he had never told him about any strange graveyard dreams.

"What?" Kakashi asked nervously. The third Hokage believed that dreams were bridges to the past, present and future. If Harry remembered this place from a dream, then that was not a good sign.

"Uh, it was during the summer and a couple of times throughout the school year. I didn't think anything of it because the graveyard was the only scene in the entire dream, so I didn't bother telling you or anyone else for that matter." Harry explained, walking towards a large striking statue of the winged Angel of Death, holding a raised scythe in its right hand. Beside the statue was a tall marble headstone. The names on the headstone were covered in dirt and vines, obscuring the names. Currious, Harry brushed aside the debree, revealing a name that made his skin crawl.

Thomas Riddle
1943

Mary Riddle
1943

Tom Marvalo Riddle
1943

"Cedric, Kakashi, we have to get back to the Cup now!" Harry shouted, his stomach lurching with concern.

"What are you talking about?" Cedric asked.

The three boys heard the creaking of a door open, they all looked towards the small rotting house to see a figure exit through the door. They watched the figure draw nearer, walking steadily closer. Harry and Cedric drew out their wands, while Kakashi unscathed his father's white chakra blade that he kept strapped behind his back.

Neither of them could make out the face of the stranger, however, by the way he or she walked, they were cradling something in their arms. As the hooded figure approached, Harry thought that the thing in the persons arms looked like a baby.

And then, without warning, Harry's scar exploded with pain. His wand slipped from his fingers as he brought his hands to the source of the pain. His knees buckled beneath him; being blinded by the pain. Kakashi was by his side in an instant, concerned about Harry's off behavior.

"Harry, are you alright?" Cedric asked also worried, he had never seen Harry act like this before.

"Just get back to the cup!" Harry shouted through the immense pain.

Kakashi looked at the figure menacingly, the lighting around the strangers face brightening. It was the same man who had cast the spell that killed the Death Eater in the Forbiden Forest. The very same men who were plotting Harry's demise. Kakashi stood up and charged towards the man he remembered to be called Peter Petigrew, expertly aiming his tanto.

"Incarcerous!" Petigrew shouted, hitting Kakashi directly with the spell. Thick black cords snaked their way around Kakashi's arms, torso and legs, preventing any and all movements, strangling him. The cords tightened with every attempt he made to escape the bonds. Finally, the cords moved to his neck, choking the air out of him, silencing his movements.

"Who are you and what do you want!?" Cedric demanded the figure, raising his wand threateningly.

"Kill the spare." A weak voice sounded.

"Avada Kedavra!"

A bright green light blazed out of Petigrew's wand, hitting Cedric in the chest. Harry watched in horror as Cedric landed on the ground spread-
eagled with a heavy thud... lifeless. Fear, anger and pain raced across his mind, tears threatened to poor out of his eyes, fogging his vision.

Kakashi struggled against his bonds even more, causing his skin to break against the tight thick cords. He watched as Petigrew raised his wand towards Harry, causing the boy to levitate. The statue of the Angel of Death moved it's scythe to entrap Harry, holding him up. Wormtail put down the bundle he was carying, moving back up towards the house in a great haste.

Harry looked down at Cedric's pale face, his eyes lay open, cold and dead. His handsome face was expressionless, his mouth half-open in a surprised gap. He watched as Kakashi fought against the bonds that sought to take away his life. He looked paler than usual, his breath comming out in short laybored heaves. Kakashi's attempts at escape lessened, as he was deprived of less and less oxygen.

Wormtail moved quickly and silently, returning from the house dragging back a large stone cauldron, which contents seemed to be filled with a liquid clear as water. Petigrew withdrew his wand from his cloak, summoning fire beneath the cauldron, the liquid instantly beginning to boil.

"Hurry!" The same weak voice commanded. Harry saw Wormtail flinch, moving to pick up the bundle of blankets. Wormtail unwrapped the blankets to reveal the most ugly creature in existance. The thing had the shape of a crouched human child, it's limbs were thin and grossly pale. Except, it was anything less like a child, it was hairless and scaly looking, it's flesh raw and inflamed. Petigrew dropped the horrid looking creature into the boiling cauldron. Harry had the thought to argue against Wormtails actions, speaking out for the deformed child, but thought better of it. Whatever the thing was that Wormtail dropped into the cauldron was surely something dark and dangerous.

"Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son!" Wormtail said in a sort of trance. He moved to the headstone that Harry was currently suspended on, aiming his wand at the marble grave. The stone instantly cracked and Harry watched as a bone resembling the femer lifted up into the air, only to be dropped into the cauldron where the deformed child lay inside. Upon impact, the potion inside the cauldron hissed and sparked, turning a vivid, deep blue.

Wormtail was now shaking relentlessly, his skin was clammy and sweat beaded down his face.

"Flesh of the servant..." He said, his voice quivering. "Willingly sacrificed... you will revive your master." He finished. Wormtail pulled out a long silver dagger, the craftsmanship was exceedingly fine. Harry's insides curled as he watched Peter roll up his sleeve, proceeding to slice off his hand in one fluid motion. The amputated appendage dropped down with a grotesque splash into the blue liquid. This time, the potion turned a burning red.

Wormtail was crying out in agony, gasping for breath, blood poored from the open wound. The bone of his wrist was visible, the muscles and loosened skin was absolutely horrific to view. Harry was about to be sick, but stopped himself from vomiting due to the chance of the bile landing on Kakashi, who was only 2 meters away. Harry's heart skipped a beat when he saw that Kakashi was motionless, he prayed that he was only unconscious and not dead.

Harry flinched when he felt hot sticky breath on his face, he was so focused on Kakashi that he failed to notice Wormtail standing in close proximity to him.

"Blood of the enemy, forcibly taken... you will ressurect your foe." Petigrew struggled to say through the pain. Harry's eyes widened when he felt the pointed silver blade penetrate his forearm. Harry's head was splitting, his scar was in agony and the wound on his arm was so excruciating, he couldn't help himself from crying out.

Petigrew stumbled over to the cauldron, visibly dizzy from blood loss, the blade he was carrying was soaked with blood. Wormtail approached the cauldron a third time, grasping onto the edges for support while he flicked the blood off of the blade into the cauldron. The liquid within instantly turned a piercing white, causing Wormtail to stumble back.

The cauldron cracked and the liquid remained floating in midair. Harry watched through squinting eyes as the potion mixed and turned itself, evenly distributing all ingredients. He couldn't see the deformed child anywhere within the mix, internally hoping that the ugly creature had melted from the harsh temperature. However, his hopes were in vain. The liquid began taking a more solid form, taking the shape of a tall thin man. Harry's scar was burning so badly now that his vision went completely blank, preventing him from viewing the rest of the transformation.

When he had become slightly adjusted with the pain, his vision began to slowly return. Standing before him was a tall thin figure, clothed in a long dark cloak. It was a man, who had no hair on his head and his hands were exceedingly pale, his fingers skinny and long. The figure turned around to face him, reveiling a flat face, with nostrils like that of a snakes. His eyes however, was what had scared Harry the most, they were scarlet red, with slited pupils. Lord Voldemort had returned.

Voldemort payed no attention to Harry or Wormtail, he was to preoccupied with examining his own body, flexing his limbs and rolling his sholdures. He stretched his arms, smiling at the sensation before reaching into his dark robes to remove a stark white wand. Voldemort looked down at his wand, laughing maniacally.

"W-welcome back my L-lord." Wormtail said, bowing lowly towards Voldemort, grasping his arm tightly.

"Hold out your arm Wormtail." Voldemort said, pleased with the sound of his own voice.

"Oh... thank you Master, thank you." Wormtail said, stretching out his absent limb.

"The other arm Wormtail!" The Dark Lord snapped, reaching out to grab Peters arm himself. Wormtail quivered as he watched Voldemort place the tip of his wand on his dark mark, the tattoo instantly beginning to change. The snake that was normally present within the skull began to slither out, wrapping itself around the skull before remaining still.

The pressure of the air within the graveyard thickened and the temperature began to drop dramatically. One by one Harry watched as Death Eaters apperated within the grounds, their cloaks moving elegantly in the wind. All of them wore the terrible masks, hiding their identities. Voldemort smiled as the numbers of his followers began to grow in number, all of them forming a circle around Lord Voldemort.

"Welcome my friends" Voldemort said quietly, if not reverently, "Thirteen years it's been, yet you answer my call as if it were only yesterday." He said, the smile on his face disappearing. "But not one of you tried to find me..."

Voldemort approached the nearest Death Eater, "What happened to loyalty!?" He said as he ripped the mask off, reveiling the Death Eaters identity. Voldemort continued down the line, removing each mask until all of them were exposed. Harry recognized Luscious Malfoy, not surprised that he was present. Harry had believed him to be a Death Eater for the longest time, considering he was the one who possessed Tom Riddles diary and had an unjust hatred towards muggles and muggle borns.

"I confess myself to be disappointed." He said lowly, causing a great number of the Death Eaters to look down in shame.

"I returned Master." Wormtail said quietly. Voldemort approached him, causing him to shake in fear.

"Yes, you did return, however, it was out of fear and not loyalty. Nevertheless... you have more than repaid your debt." Voldemort said smoothly, pointing his wand at Wormtails hand. A silvery substance escaped his wand, instantly taking the shape of a hand. Wormtails cries stopped immediately, the hand healing his injury.

"Oh, what do we have here?" Voldemort asked knowingly, looking down at Cedric, "such a handsome boy..." He said as he turned Cedric's head to the side with his pale foot.

"Don't touch him!" Harry managed to shout loudly enough for everyone to hear.

"Ah, Harry! I almost forgot that you were here... almost." Voldemort said smiling, walking towards Harry.

Harry fought against the hold of the statue, his heart racing as the Dark Lord approached him, causing his scar to burn even more.

"The-boy-who-lived..." Voldemort said teasingly, "What lies have fed your legend Harry, shall I reveal what really happened that night. It was love, you see when Lily Potter gave up her life to save her only son, she provided the ultimate protection, I could not touch you. But things have changed, I now poses a few drops of your blood, allowing me to do what Lily sacrificed herself to prevent. I can touch you... now." He said, raising his hand to place his pointer finger over Harry's scar.

Harry's head exploded with pain, his vision went blank and he couldn't help but scream out and beg for the pain to stop. Once Voldemort had gotten his fill of Harry's screams, he removed his hand.

"That's just the beginning Harry Potter. Just as I have suffered these past 13 years, you shall suffer and die this night." Voldemort said in a falsely comforting voice.

Harry looked down at Kakashi, hoping that the talented ninja would come to his rescue. Voldemort followed his gaze down onto the unconscious silver haired teen, smiling maliciously as he remembered the plans he had instore for him. He would use the boy to his advantage, ordering him to kill Harry and then gladly welcome him into his ranks. Wormtail and the agent that he had placed within the Castle had been giving him regular updates on the Shinobi's abilities.

Voldemort approached Kakashi, tampering with the spell over the thick ropes that were snaked around the boy. Kakashi gasped loudly once the cords were loosened enough for him to regain conscious, greedily sucking in air. His lungs burned worse than during the second task and his limbs were sore and were bleeding slightly. He sat up quickly, coughing up blood, instantly becoming dizzy. He guessed that a few of his ribs had been broken under the pressure of the ropes.

"Get away from him!" Harry shouted, but to no avail.

"Come now Harry, you really would believe that I would harm him? Quite the opposite in fact." Voldemort said with a smirk.

Kakashi turned his head towards the source of the voice, taking notice of the snake like man who reminded him to much of Lord Orichamaru. His eyes were a deep red but not as menacing or as dangerous as his own eye. He assumed that this was the famed He-who-must-not-be-named, aka Lord Voldemort. The man's aura was thick and menacing, but not towards him. Still, Kakashi would not take any chances, until he was certain that Voldemort was not a threat to the Leaf, he would protect Harry with his life.

"What do you want?" Kakashi asked dangerously, letting his killing intent radiate off in thick fumes. Harry's stomach began to feel nauseous from the powerful dark energy seeping out of Kakashi, even Voldemort looked uncomfortable.

"I have a business proposition for you." Voldemort replied.

Kakashi's interest peaked, this was the perfect way to find out if Voldemort was a threat to the Five Nations, however; Harry's fear increased tenfold. He knew for a fact that Kakashi would do anything for his Villiage, dispite their hatred towards him. If Voldemort promised to leave his Villiage alone, then Kakashi would not hesitate to accept whatever terms Voldemort posed. His only hope rested on the friendship he had gained with Kakashi and whatever Dumbledores offer to the Hokage was. He just hoped that the Headmasters deal was better than whatever Voldemort might offer.

"Kakashi, I want you to join my ranks. If you were to join me, we could be invincible, you wouldn't have to live in fear. Your Villiage dispises you, they call you 'Friend Killer', a 'monster'. You would be my leading weapon in the Wizarding war, you wouldn't have to ever return to your Homeland. Join me!" Voldemort offered.

"I will not become a missing-nin, nor will I betray my Villiage...even if they do hate me." Kakashi said. Harry breathed a heavy sigh at his responce.

"Of course, forgive me. You understand loyalty, unlike most others I know..." Voldemort said, looking back at his followers. "What if I were to come to terms with your Hokage. I shall offer protection from the threats of my world, even money. As I understand it, your Nation has just come out of a war and is in desperate need of funds. I would go even as far as offering my own services. As you have discovered from your time here, magic is proficient at rebuilding and correcting extensive damages. Your position amongst my ranks would be respectful, your duties would be tasked as a mission. My only condition to this is that you join me and aid me in overcoming the Wizarding World and obtaining immortality." Voldemort finished.

Everything that Voldemort offered was exactly what was needed by the Leaf: a treaty, money and reconstruction. Even the terms and conditions could be easily met, the only condition being that he join him. What worried him was the fact that he still didn't know Dumbledore's full strength. Either decision would lead to another war, the only difference being going to war up against either Voldemort or Dumbledore. He had received strict orders from the Hokage that the Leaf was not to enter into another war. If he failed in doing just that, he could be killed.

Harry saw how conflicted Kakashi had become, the teens expression changed from one of composure to that of fear. He wondered what was troubling Kakashi so much, obviously the better option was to not go with the Dark Lord. Luckily, Kakashi seemed to relax, ready to give his final answer.

"I cannot join you, neither will I side with Dumbledore's forces." Kakashi said, confident in his decision. However, his answer did not bode well with Voldemort, his expression hardening.

"Wrong answer... Imperio!" Voldemort cried out, catching Kakashi in the curse.

"Stop, no!" Harry yelled.

For a moment Kakashi felt like he no longer belonged to himself. He couldn't move his limbs or even blink, his body was under the control of the Dark Lord, just like the Yamaka clans secret jutsu. But then that feeling disappeared, it was as if a genjutsu was broken. Perhaps his Sharingan could shatter spells like it could jutsu's. Kakashi internally smiled, he would use this to his advantage.

"Harry Potter... I have thought of the perfect ending for you. You see I was planning on killing you myself, but what better way is their to die than by the hands of your very own friend and guard. Once he has killed you, he shall become a traitor to his Nation and have no choice but to join me." Voldemort said coldly, a smile spreading over his features. He flicked his wand and the cords around Kakashi disappeared. With the bonds now gone, Kakashi stood up and faced Harry.

"I think I would be a good host if I were to provide entertainment for my fellow Death Eaters." Voldemort said, releasing Harry from the statute. Harry quickly stood up and pulled out his wand, aiming the tip right at Kakashi. His hand was shaking and he felt ill at seeing Kakashi at the receiving end of his wand. Their was once a time when he would have gladly seen Kakashi under the point of his wand, but now that things were so different between them, he couldn't bear it. His heart skipped a beat when he thought he saw Kakashi wink his Sharingan eye. Kakashi winked again, signifying to Harry that he wasn't under the Dark Lords imperious curse. Harry instantly felt as ease, with Kakashi not under a curse and not restrained, they could easily take Voldemort and his Death Eaters. Kakashi formed several hand signs, flinching occasionally because of the pain in his midsection.

"Doton: Tsuchi Nami no Jutsu! (Earth release: Earth wave technique)." He said loudly, turning to face Voldemort and the Death Eaters while slamming both of his hands down onto the ground. The force of the Chakra that he shot through the earth caused a giant wave of earth to form. The Death Eaters had no way to avoid the oncoming attack, collapsing hard onto the ground. The majority of them dropped their wands on the damp grass, Kakashi quickly moved to collect the wands to ensure that they couldn't attack. Voldemort however, had the sense to apparate away from the oncoming attack, appearing right behind Harry and Kakashi.

Harry turned around just in time to block one of Voldemorts spells, however, it became increasingly more difficult to block each and every attack Voldemort sent at him.

"Avada Kedavra!" Voldemort shouted in his rage.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry countered quickly, the feeling of fluttering butterflies entering his gut.

A jet of green light issued from Voldemorts wand just as a jet of red light blasted from Harry's. The two spells hit each other directly, the blinding colors colliding; emmiting a strong gold hue. The center of the two collided spells was leaking a thick milky substance which moved back and forth between Harry and Voldemort.

Harry's wand vibrated in his hand, the strength of Voldemorts curse forcing him back a little. He held on tightly, keeping the disarming spell active. Voldemort forced more energy into his curse, moving the connection of the spell closer to Harry. The Death Eaters moved to assist their master, however Kakashi stood guard over Harry's and Voldemorts duel, preventing them from aiding.

"Do nothing!" Voldemort commanded his forces, "He's mine to finish!"

The Death Eaters did not dare to move now, settling for watching the strange duel. Harry was beginning to become exhausted, the strength of Voldemorts death curse was comming closer and closer.

From the milky center a burst of blue translucent light shot out. Harry and Kakashi watched as they formed into spirits. One of the spirits took the form of an aged old man, dressed in simple formal attire. The second stream of blue light formed into Cedric, he looked as young and handsome as he did before he died. The last two remaining beams of light landed by each side of Harry, turning into a man and a woman. The man was tall and thin, his hair unkept and dark; he looked like an older version of Harry. The woman who appeared beside him on his left was beautiful, with long red hair. She had a similar resemblance to Kushina, her kind green eyes and soft smile lovely. Kakashi assumed that the two persons were Harry's parents.

Harry looked back and forth between his mom and dad, surprised that they had appeared. They each looked so real to him, his mothers beauty surpassing that which he saw in the Mirror of Erised three years ago.

"Harry, we can give you some time to break the connection, but only a moment do you understand!?" Harry's father James said in a rush. Harry shook his head in understanding. "We will need a distraction for us to delay Lord Voldemort." James continued.

"I'll handle that!" Kakashi said, James and Lily smiled at him thankfully.

"Harry, take my body back will you? Take my body back to my Father please." Cedrics spirit asked.

"I will!" Harry shouted over the piercing sound of the colliding spells.

"Kakashi, thank you for looking after my son, please continue to do so. Harry my son... I love you. You must let go now... sweetheart your ready." Lily said comfortingly. Harry did not want to let go, he had seen his parents before but never had he heard their voices. His mothers voice was as smooth as silk and as kind and motherly as he had imagined.

Kakashi ran behind Voldemort, grabbing his arms to distract him while James, Lily and the others moved to allow Harry to break the connection without being hit by Voldemorts curse. To Kakashi's suprise, Voldemort turned around to face him, pointing his wand directly at his chest.

"Crucio!" Voldemort shouted. Kakashi felt like his body had been filled with fire and lightening. He collapsed to the ground shaking and jerking like he was experiencing a seizure. From the corner of his eye, he saw Harry run towards Cedrics body before taking notice of him. Kakashi grabbed hold of one of the wands he confiscated from the Death Eaters, aiming the tip right at Voldemort. He managed to force chakra through the wooden stick, a bright surge of energy escaping through the tip, hitting Voldemort directly. In desperation, Kakashi felt for the chakra tag he placed on Harry in case of an emergency situation. Once he felt that he had successfully connected his Chakra to it he used the Flying Thunder God technique to teleport by Harry, Cedric and the Triwizard Cup.

Once Harry saw that Kakashi was right by him, he grabbed hold of him and Cedric tightly, reaching his foot out to touch the Portkey/Triwizard Cup. The three of them once again flew through a tight portal filled with uncomfortable twists and turns before slamming onto the ground once again.

A chorus of loud happy screams filled Harry's and Kakashi's ears, reassuring them that they had successfully made it back to Hogwarts. Harry crumpled onto Cedrics dead body, going into a fit of hysterics. He was relieved to be back in a safe environment, but broken over the fact that Cedric was dead. He cried loudly against the older teens chest, unable to show his face to the joyous crowd. Kakashi remained laying down, unable to move, his face was pressed into the grass; the smell filling his nostrils. He trembled occasionally from the remnants of the Cruciatus curse, his limbs were sore and his chest burned.

The crowds cheers of excitement died down once they got a hold of the situation, the band stopped playing and an awkward silence filled the Quittage field. Dumbledore and the other Headmasters ran out to where Harry, Kakashi and Cedric were piled.

"Harry what happened!?" Dumbledore asked, concern laced heavily in his voice while he attempted to move Harry off of Cedric. Harry fought against Dumbledore's hold, refusing to leave Cedric's side.

"He's back...Voldemorts back! Cedric asked me to bring his body back! I couldn't leave him... not there!" Harry said through heavy tears, not making any coherent sense. Dumbledore placed his hand on Harry's sholdur comfortingly, taking notice of Kakashi
who was uncharacteristically still.

"LET ME THROUGH!" A voice sounded. Harry turned his head to see Amos Diggory running towards them, Minato and Jiraiya following close behind along with Kushina and Molly Weasley. "THAT'S MY SON!!! THAT'S MY BOY!!!" Amos yelled in misery, collapsing by Harry's side to hold his son closely, as if attempting to wake him up from a deep and peaceful sleep.

"Kakashi, are you alright!?" Minato asked worridly. Kakashi didn't reply, unable to speak. Minato looked towards Harry for answers, hoping that he would know something about Kakashi's condition.

"He's been cursed by the looks of it." Dumbledore answered for them. "Get him to the Hospital Wing, the damage could be extensive." The headmaster advised. Jiraiya moved to pick up his small nephew, rushing off with Kushina to the Hospital. Minato decided to stay behind, hoping to help with the situation in any way he could.

Harry stared after Kakashi as he was taken away, hoping that he would be alright. Moody also approached him, kindly helping him up as well.

"Come on Potter. No need for you to see this." Professor Moody said as he led Harry back towards the Castle. Moody led him to his office, helping him sit down in one of the chairs.

"Are you alright Potter? Does your arm hurt?" Mad-Eye asked, taking notice of Harry's bleeding forearm.

"Not so much now." Harry answered blankly. He felt numb, his emotions masking the emence pain he felt all over his body. Moody kneeled down to look at the deep cut, his magical eye examining it closely. "The cup was a Portkey." Harry began to explain, trying to make sense of everything that happened.

"What was it like? The Dark Lord, what was he like?" Moody asked, interrupting him.

"I-I don't know, but it was like I had walked into one of my dreams... into one of my nightmares." Harry answered, watching Moody as he reached for the flask he always carried with him. Moody tilted the flask over his mouth, finding that there was no substance inside. He limply walked over to his cabinet, searching desperately for something in a great hurry. Harry was taken back by the Aurors behavior, Moody seemed on the brink of freaking out if he didn't find what he was looking for.

"Were there any others in the graveyard with you?" Professor Moody asked, getting a better hold of himself as he paused to catch his uneven breath.

"Um... I don't think I said anything about a graveyard Professor." Harry said confused, wondering how he could have known about that. Moody seemed to silently curse as he realized his mistake.

"Marvelous creatures dragons are." Moody said, his voice sounding different. It seemed to be younger and came out more smoothly than his normally scruffy voice. Moody began to slowly advance towards Harry, without the usual limp in his step.

"It was you... You put my name into the Goblet of Fire." Harry said, shaking slightly in his seat. He remembered that Voldemort had said that Wormtail and an agent that he had placed within the school was giving him regular updates. Moody was that agent!

"Yes... very good Potter! Now imagine how he would reward me... when I have once and for all... silenced... The Great Harry Potter!" He yelled excitedly as he drew out his wand.

Before Moody could release a curse, Minato Sensei appeared in between him and Harry. His hand was clasped over Moody's in a tight grip, preventing the ex-Auror from attacking. Minato pushed Mad-Eye  towards the far wall away from Harry, forcing him to sit in a chair while taking out a kunai to aim right at his throat.

"Harry, are you alright?" Minato asked in a low and dangerous voice, peering down at Moody.

"I'm fine Sensei, but he... Professor Moody is an agent of Volemort's! He's the one who put my name into the Goblet of Fire." Harry explained. At that moment Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape barged through the locked door. Dumbledore and the other teachers seemed shocked to see that Minato was already there.

"Minato... how did you?" Dumbledore asked.

"Another time Headmaster; for now, we have to deal with the traitor in our midst." Minato said while pushing the kunai closer to Moody's throat.

"Right. Professor Snape, if you would." Dumbledore said, gesturing towards the potions master. Snape approached Moody, attempting to force a dark liquid down his throat. The man fought against Minato's and Snapes hold, trying to prevent himself from drinking the potion. Minato got fed up with the man's attempts at escape, resorting to punching Moody hard in the abdomen with great force. Moody sputtered in pain, allowing Snape the time to pour the liquid into his mouth.

"Are you Alastor Moody?" Dumbledore asked immediately, a little shocked by Minato's rough treatment towards the man.

"No."

"Is he in this room!?" Dumbledore shouted angrily. The imposter looked towards a large locked chest in the corner of the room. McGonagall waved her wand, causing multiple layers of lids to open, reveiling a deep and dark hole. Dumbledore, McGonagall and Harry moved to look inside, taking notice of a frail figure at the bottom. He was missing an eye and a leg, proving to be the real Alastor Moody.

"Are you alright Alastor!?" Dumbledore shouted down the hole to his friend.

"I'm sorry Albus." The real Moody said upset, however releived at the same time.

"If that's the real Moody, then who is..." Harry started saying while turning around to see the imposter grotesquely change into a dark haired young man. The same man he had seen at the Quittage World Cup and in his dreams and in Dumbledore's pensive.

"Barty Crouch Jr." Dumbledore said slowly. Mr. Crouch smiled widely, the action pulling at his chapped lips, causing them to bleed and his teeth were stained a dark yellow.

"Yes, it's me... The one who succeeded in reviving the Dark Lord! I don't care what is done to me...whatever the case, I'm a hero. My name shall be remembered forever, as the one who tricked the great Albus Dumbledore and the one who brought the powerful Shinobi demon child unto Lord Voldemort!" He boasted loudly.

"I am pleased to tell you that you have failed in the latter duty. You shall not be as famous as you have hoped to become." Dumbledore said happily. Barty's face crumpled, forming into a crude glare.

"One way or the other, it will happen! And the-boy-who-lived will not live for much longer! Lord Voldemort has returned and his power is extraordinary, nothing will stop him!" He shouted hysterically, the Veratisyrum already out of his system.

"Well, I don't have the time nor the mind to deal with such hero's." Dumbledore said indifferently. "Harry, let us leave. Snape, could you please escort Mr. Crouch to the North Tower until Arrors arrive to collect him and send him back to Askaban?" He continued, moving to help Harry stand up to leave. Minato and McGonagall followed Harry and Dumbledore to the Hospital Wing, leaving Snape to deal with Barty Crouch Jr.

Harry's mind was about to burst; Voldemort was back, Kakashi had almost betrayed him and the Wizarding World, his DADA teacher was an imposter and Cedric Diggory was dead. He was surprised that his legs hadn't given out on their way to the hospital. Luckily Minato had a firm grasp on his arm to support him in case he collapsed. Upon entering the Hospital Wing Harry saw Kakashi sitting up in bed looking slightly better than before, Jiraiya Sensei and Kushina were by his bedside. Hermione, Ron and Mrs. Weasley were waiting patiently for Harry to arrive.

"Oh Harry, are you alright! We were wondering where you might have gone." Molly Weasley said worridly upon seeing Harry, tears streaming down her plump cheeks.

"I'm alright." Harry said, not wanting to upset her any further.

"Mr. Potter, come right over here and I'll have a look at you." Madame Pomfrey comanded, gesturing towards the bed right next to Kakashi. Harry sat down on the white bed, the adrenaline from earlier wearing off. He felt exceedingly tired and every part of his body was in pain. His head and heart especially ached, the sorrow from Cedric's death now hitting him like a ton of bricks.

"Alright everyone, I feel that Harry and Kakashi need their rest. You are more than welcome to see them tomorrow, but for now, they need sleep." Dumbledore commanded. Jiraiya led everyone out of the hospital, however, Minato decided to hang back for a second.

"Kakashi...Harry, are you two really all right?" Minato asked sternly, demanding honesty.

"Hai, Sensei. I'm alright." Kakashi answered normaly.

"Same." was all Harry said. Minato was not exactly sure about Harry's answer, but he knew that death was different here than at home. He would just need some time to face Cedric's death. Minato nodded his head and left Madame Pomfrey to tend to his students.

As Madame Pomfrey tended to Harry, Kakashi layed back in bed once Minato Sensei was gone. Luckily Harry hadn't been fatally or severely injured during the last trial or else he would have received a firm scolding from the Hokage. Nevertheless, Harry was being uncharacteristically quiet; even in the presence of Madame Pomfrey. He knew that the murder of Cedric was hard on him, but he would have to get over that eventually. Madame Pomfrey continued to work through the silence, bandaging up all of Harry's wounds.

"Rest now Mr. Potter, you have had a long night and you will need all your strength to help you get through tomorrow." Madame Pomfrey said comfortingly before turning towards Kakashi. "And I hope that I will not need to repeat what I said to you earlier Mr. Hatake. You need ample rest as well. If I see you up and about before you are ready, I shall personally call upon Professor Namikaze." She said sternly, turning to leave.

Harry and Kakashi sat in silence, neither one of them wanting to break the awkward gloom. Kakashi wanted to be sure that Harry was alright mentally and physically, but wasn't sure how to approach the touchy subject without Harry going into a breakdown. Harry on the other hand was furious with Kakashi, deciding whether to argue with him or ignore him.

"Why did you tell Voldemort that you would choose neither side!? I thought that you and I were friends!" Harry shouted, unable to hold back his anger any longer. Kakashi knew that he would be receiving repercussions from that earlier statement, he just hoped it would have come later.

"You know exactly why I said that." Kakashi said calmly, hoping to calm Harry down.

"No, I don't! How could you betray us like that Kakashi, how!? I thought that you came here to build relations between your people and the Wizarding World. Obviously choosing against Voldemort was the right thing to do, so why didn't you?" Harry asked, gripping his bedsheets.

"Its complicated."

"Well then you better start explaining!" Harry said heavily.

"My first initial priority for this mission was to protect you. If I had failed in doing just that, neither the Ministry or Dumbledore would have accepted a treaty with the Villiage Hidden in the Leaves and that would have instigated another war. However, once Lord Danzo received more information relating to Voldemort, the Hokage changed my mission. That should Voldemort return and offer an alliance, I was to do everything in my power to prevent a war, even if that ment killing you to gain his favor... However, we did not take Dumbledore's power into account. So either way I chose, war would have been the result, leaving me to decide that neither path should be taken." Kakashi said.

"So you would have killed me without hesitation if you had thought that Voldemort was the best path?" Harry asked dumbfounded. "Our friendship means nothing?"

"It's not for me to decide! But if it was, I would not have killed you if it came down to that." Kakashi replied honestly. Harry was glad of his responce, but was still not exactly reassured of Kakashi's alliance with him.

"Why are you so loyal to a system that goes against your beleifs?" Harry asked. Kakashi was taken back by his question, he would normally have the perfect answer, but now he felt that he would be lying if he said it.

"I cannot under any circumstances start another war. It would not do well for me to repeat history. My father committed suicide because he failed a mission that would have prevented a war. However, my punishment would be much more severe than being dubbed a traitor. I would be ordained a traitor, Court Marshalled and killed for insubordination if I had done so." Kakashi answered honestly.

"So you had no choice?" Harry asked, feeling sorry that he had lost his temper.

"Precisely, it's nothing against you. I may be strict and obedient, but I'm not completely heartless, no matter what everyone else says." Kakashi said.

"I'm sorry... I should have trusted you more, forgive me?" Harry asked sincerely.

"I forgive you." Kakashi answered honestly.

"Thank you..." Harry said releived, glad that Kakashi wasn't offended  and glad that he hadn't planned on killing him. Harry's thoughts traveled back to the graveyard, wondering what he could have done differently so that Cedric might have be alive right then. He felt guilt and sadness poor over him as he thought of Cedrics parents, hoping that they didn't blame him for their sons death. If only he had just grabbed the cup on his own. Kakashi would have still grabbed the cup with him, but he knew perfectly well that he could take care of himself. He didn't know what to do or say to the Diggorys if he should ever have to meet them.

Kakashi felt mixed feelings radiate off of Harry, he could tell that Cedric's death was really affecting him.

"Harry, you should know that Cedric's death was not your fault... but Voldemorts. You cannot blame yourself for what happened in that graveyard, not even I was able to save him." Kakashi said, trying to bring a little comfort to Harry.

"As much as I want that to be true, I cannot accept it. I was the one to suggest that we win the Tournament together, and because of that, Cedric was killed... it was my fault. It may have not been yours, but it was most definitely mine..." Harry said defeated, pulling up his bedsheets to go to sleep.

Kakashi sighed and layed down, their was nothing he could say now to bring Harry's spirits up. He wished he could because then the night would have not been such a failure. Sure he had succeeded in protecting Harry and hopefully had not started a feud with Voldemort and his followers, but he knew that his hopes were in vain. Voldemort would not give up until Harry was dead and he was in his ranks, he just hoped that the Hokage would understand his decision.

...........................................................

That's the end of Chapter 17! I hoped you liked it and I hoped it made sense. I struggled with a lot of the writting, so I pray that it turned out well. If not, please tell me what would have made it better and please correct me on whatever mistakes I made.😊

Have a marvelous week!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 62K 102
Join the Marauders for their final months at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as they fight for their friends and family, revise for their...
958K 39.8K 36
The Fourth Hokage's body was never found, but they never suspected that was because he hadn't died. Minato Namikaze wakes up six years after the deva...
74.3K 3K 11
Harry and Siri head back to Hogwarts for their 4th year, along with Hermione and Ron. But with the Tri-Wizard tournament in play, crushes, and Dark L...
2.9K 101 22
(The last three books from Tonks' perspective) New Order of the Phoenix member Nymphadora Tonks, commonly referred to as Tonks, worked with other Ord...