meet you there // l.h (on hol...

By purpleishmoonchild

in which a girl and a boy meet through tequila shots and oreos. "so you go your way and i'll go mine and if w... More

author's note
I: tonight's on me
II: stop trying so hard
III: you're too hard to forget
V: death of the night
VI: demons hide
VII: knitted sweater for two
VIII: best night
IX: nightmare of a world
X: monster among men
XI: you won't be lonely
XII: not scared at all to get close to you
XIII: wish you were here, everywhere that I go

IV: all you tonight

936 24 1
By purpleishmoonchild

"It don't matter, be combative or be sweet cherry pie
It don't matter just as long as I get all you tonight."  

Lex

When I woke up, Luke was drooling. I would have expected Luke to be gone but he was just drooling. I was trapped between his arms, closed tightly around me. I yawned and tried to wiggle out of them. At first, his grip only got tighter but after I few tries, I managed it.

I had a great sleep to be honest. Normally, when I was alone I wasn't able to sleep, because I had always slept with someone, like my sister or Juliet, and doing it alone was a nightmare to me. But then Luke spent the night with me, and honestly, it was one of the best sleeps I had ever had. He was comfortable and warm, like a bear. And with his arms around, I had never felt safer.

I went ahead to make breakfast. I mean, I couldn't have a sleepover with friends without some nice breakfast. I pulled my ingredients out of the fridge to make some scrambled eggs and fried bacon –because I was in love with bacon, especially if it was fried.

I did my best to cook as quietly as possible, but the oil didn't help once it started getting hot. Luke walked into the kitchen playing with his messy blonde curls, I turned to smile at him and continued with my cooking. He was humming one of those songs Juliet liked so much and I knew that if they met, they would be great friends, but Juliet wasn't home, I was.

"Good morning, sunshine," I sang. "Breakfast will be ready soon."

"Thank you," he said as he slipped into one of the chairs of the kitchen bar. "It smells good."

I turned over with my spatula and pointed at him with it. "That sir, is correct, because my cooking is always good."

"Except when you burn it," he laughed. "That's not good."

I raised up my spatula. "If you don't shut up, Imma throw this at you and I'm going to ruin your pretty face."

He placed his left hand under his chin and the right one next to his cheek, signaling his whole face. "You think I am pretty?" he asked as he pouted his lips.

I rolled my eyes. "I am going to burn my eggs," I said trying to focus on the frying pan.

I had left my frijoles out of the fridge yesterday so there was no need to heat. When the eggs were ready I pulled out to plate and place there the eggs, bacon and three spoonfulls of farting beans, or frijoles. I also pulled out my ketchup, because I was a weirdo that ate eggs with ketchup.

Luke made a disgust face as I mixed everything that was on my plate and I started eating. He pointed out that I was the weirdest person he had ever met, but that he loved it. I was offended. It wasn't the first time somebody said that to me. The thing with Luke was that he said it as a compliment, not an insult.

"So, is your car outside?" I asked as I swallowed the last bit of my food.

"No, it is at my rented house. We can take a cab to pick it up."

I shook my head. "You are spending too much money on me. Stop."

"Doesn't matter. I have a few gigs in August, so I will earn back all the money I am spending on you."

I stood up with my plate and grabbed his. "No. You need the money. Don't lie to me. I know small bands don't get paid that much."

He averted his eyes to the window and exhaled. "Yeah, small."

Letting the plates slid into the sink I walked up to him again and placed my small hand on his broad shoulder. "I'm sorry, but it is the truth."

Little did I know, there was no truth.

Luke decided we could take the bus to Santa Monica, where his rented house was, and then we could jog all the way to his actual house, and I needed the exercise but I hated being sweaty. So I changed into some volleyball's shorts Juliet had given me and a Ramones t-shirt I had cut into a muscles tee, and then I packed a bag with more clean clothes so I could change later. I didn't own proper exercise clothes. Luke had come to my houses all dressed in black, all sporty, as if he had planned it that way since I called him, but he said he did it for comfort.

So we took an almost empty bus all the way to Santa Monica, which was basically an hour of my day, and the fact that we were then driving to Pasadena made it almost two hours of driving, and back to L.A.

We listened to music the whole drive with my portable Walkman, which I had kept in perfect conditions for years. It was one of my favorite things, and I shared it with Luke, and he loved it, asking if he could borrow it some time, and I almost ripped it apart from his hands.

Once we got the bus stop and walked down my phone rang. It was Juliet.

"I got your papers," she said before I could say anything else.

"Juliet," I screamed over the phone. "You could have told me that before."

"Sorry, I forgot. I felt bad because I left so I picked them up yesterday when I got here," she apologized with that small voice she had.

"I feel so guilty now. I made Luke spend all of that money and-"

She cut me off. "Luke. Lex, what did you do?"

"Nothing. I invited him over because I was all alone and-"

She cut me off once more. "Did you use a condom?" she giggled.

I groaned. "No. I didn't use a condom," I exclaimed as Luke bursted into fits of laughter, "because I didn't need one."

"Well, buy one if you need it. They are cheap, we don't any surprises because that would mean bye-bye-bye graduation."

"Stop it," I cried. "I'm going to find a way to get back home without making Luke spend any more money," I said and then I hung up.

Luke looked at me with a raised eyebrow, covering his eyes from the sun with one hand and holding his phone with the other. I shook my head and I realized I did that very often when I was with Luke. I stopped mid-shake and looked down at my feet, guilty, because I felt as if I was abusing his kindness.

I was using him.

"I don't need to go to Pasadena anymore," I said. "I am sorry. I will just get back to L.A on my own, so don't worry."

"Nope," he said popping the 'p'. He grabbed my bag and swung it over his shoulder. "We are already here. You've got cleans clothes, a swimsuit and our new formed friendship. Spend a day here, have a real vacation that doesn't include binge watching a series."

I pouted. "But I love binge watching," I whined.

"You will have a lovely time at our house. And you can meet my band mates," he said overly excited. "One is named my Michael, like your ass."

I covered my red face with my hands. "I can't believe you remember that."

"I have a great memory, Lex."

I nodded. "Well, Lucas," I said. "Which way to your house?"

With a finger up he made small circles with his wrists, then made one big move to point towards where all the seaweed smell was coming from. I smiled and followed right after him.

His house was enormous, or just big to what I was used to me. I still wasn't used to the size of average houses in the U.S., so I big house was really surprising to me. The house was white, with two floors, lots of windows and a view to the ocean. The breeze hitting my face was so relaxing and Luke was right, maybe I did need a day out.

We stepped into the house and we took off our shoes at the entrance. Luke said none of the boys was too keen of cleaning so they did they best to keep the house clean, which meant leaving their shoes at the door. The house was really clean, the grey tiles shined under my small feet. For me, it was marvelous.

"Close your mouth, Lex," he said laughing.

Suddenly, I could hear various sets of footsteps running down the stairs next to the kitchen, and soon three boys where standing in front of me. One was dark blonde and tall, with scars on his cheeks, but he was still handsome. The second one was tall with brown skin and small eyes. The third one had blonde bleached hair.

The smiled at me, cheek to cheek, eyes to eye. They all started elbowing the other and it all too confusing and hilarious.

"Hi, I'm Lex," I said and with that I went for a round of kisses on the cheek because that was the way we said hello in Mexico. The boys were too surprised, they actually had extended their hands to shake them.

"I'm Michael," fake blondie said.

"Calum" said the one with the brown skin.

"The name's Ashton," said the last one. "And Luke we need to talk."

Luke nodded. "Yeah. Lex, Cal will show you the bathroom so you can change there and we can head to the beach."

I nodded excited.

"Welcome to our humble house," Calum said.

"For being a small band, you sure have a nice house."

Luke

When Lex and Cal were finally out of sight, Ashton hissed at me.

"I told you I didn't get the car. What are you doing? Why did you bring her here? Do you have any idea of what management would do if the paparazzi publish photo of her walking into our house?" He paused for a second waiting for my answer. "They would kill us."

I headed to the kitchen for a drink, it was really hot and I really needed a beer. "She doesn't even knows who we are, come on. It's not that bad."

Michael was trailing right behind me and took the beer out of my hands. "That's not the matter. She could be from Mars for all I cared, but if they have your pictures with her," he said pointing towards the staircase, "that's a problem. Plus, you left yesterday at the middle of the party and-"

"Not the point Mikey," Ash cut him off, taking my beer from Michael's hands and then taking a sip of it. "Let's not forget that you were the one who said this was not instalove."

I groaned and rolled my eyes as I opened the fridge to get another beer. "I want to make new friends, normal friends who have a college career and two feet on the ground."

I knew Michael and Ashton were kind off offended, but we had been famous for too long, having an easy life for too long when it came to money and stuff. And out of nowhere I meet a girl in L.A. who is not after my fame because SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW ME and who is there for something else than acting or singing.

I took three big chugs of my beer even though it was eleven a.m still, then I chugged down the whole bottle when I heard Calum and Lex coming back. I could hear them laughing, or more like Calum snorting and the witch of the 'Wizard of Oz' laughing wickedly at him.

"You have to cook something for us one day, you've got to," I heard Calum plead the moment I saw them walking down.

"You have to teach me bass," she said pointing at him.

"Deal," he said and they shook hands at the bottom of the stairs.

When she saw standing in the kitchen she came skipping towards me and snatched the beer bottle away. "It's too early to drink. I don't drink."

"You did four shots of tequila two days ago," I complained trying to get my empty bottle back.

She hugged it and stepped back. "I was alone and sad, and it was my first and my last. Now I can die without being so puritan."

We all laughed as Lex placed the bottle on the kitchen counter. Michael, Ash and I left to change into our swimsuits and Cal stayed with Lex to show her outside. It amused me how her eyes glowed whenever she looked around the house, like everything was magical. I swear I heard her whisper 'it's so pretty' before I walked up the stairs.

I changed into my swimsuit and then debated on whether putting a shirt on or not. I was a boy and I wasn't afraid to say I was a little self-conscious about my body, since one day I had been hanging around the beach with my ex-girlfriend and some paparazzi called me fat after they posted my pics on the internet. I was stronger at the moment but people liked to judge and criticize.

I opted for not using a shirt. If Lex had been brave enough to show me her stretch marks, I was capable enough of not using a t-shirt to expose my perfect average body. With that being said I walked down the stairs with a naked torso.

She was laying on a beach chair, hands behind her head and eyes closed, Calum was not there, she was alone. As I got closer, I could hear her whisper.

"If I close my eyes and I don't think enough, it almost feels like home." There was a tear rolling down her cheek. "It is almost like home."

She was about to choke in her sadness. I cleared my throat before the wave of sadness could drown her. "Nice weather, isn't it?" I said stepping into the sun light.

She bolted up to a sitting position and quickly passed as hand through her cheek as if she was taking away a small trash. She smiled covering her eyes with her hands, or better say, her glasses. She had 2.5 eyes in both eyes so never took of her glasses, but she hated contacts.

She nodded. "I love how the air hits against my skin," she said hugging herself.

I plopped down in the chair next to hers. "You are still dressed."

She pulled her legs up to her chest. "It hits my legs," she said shyly.

I sighed. "Lex, the boys don't care about how you look. They have mothers and sisters, respect them well enough to treat you right."

She smiled. "I only take my clothes off before hitting the water," she whispered. I was about to tell her it was okay when she spoke again. "I guess I have to work on my self-confidence."

First she took her top off, revealing the top of her black bikini, it made her brown skin look like Egyptian gold. She then pulled down her shorts to reveal the black bottom, with a 50s style. If this was younger Luke I would have groaned at the lack of skin showing but I was no longer the disrespectful boy I was, and she looked really hot in the bikini.

"That's something my grandma would wear," I said laughing. "But my grandma is not hot like you."

She covered her face with her hands giggling and just then the boy walked out.

"We missed the joke," Michael pouted.

"No, the joke missed us," Calum said.

Michael was too loyal to Crystal and Ashton said he needed a time off of relationship, so it was just Calum staring at the girl I had a crush on, and I didn't like it. Of course, all they were doing was talking, but that didn't make me less jealous, especially since Lex looked so happy. Calum was just staring at her because they were talking and I was a ball of jealousy.

She stood up, pushing her two long braids behind her back. My eyes eyes traveled her whole body and then to Calum, who was soon busy in a conversation with Mikey and Ash, which meant I could have a one on one chat alone with her. But she had other plans.

"I am going for a swim. I haven't been to the beach in one year and I miss eat, so if I don't come back, I didn't drown, so don't worry."

She stood up and left skipping towards the beach like a little kid. I stayed where I was but the boys kept pushing me to go, literally, first they started pulling me to stand up and then they pushed me towards the beach.

"Lex, wait up!" I called after her.

She turned with a smile on her face and stopped, sand was sent flying when she did. "Lucas, what took you so long?"

"I was kissing the sweat away to the radio," I shrugged.

She stretched to me to grab my hand and then pulled me forward as she took off. "Come on. The waves are so beautiful," she said dreamily.

She ran into the ocean like nothing mattered. She didn't check to see if it was cold or hot, she just dipped right in without having any second thoughts. I followed right after her, and I was about to splash her until she sank deep in and came back out completely wet.

We played there for a while; swimming, splashing and fighting. I was having tons of fun and so was she, but when I noticed people started arriving at the neighboring house, I pulled her out with the excuse that I was really hungry, and she promised to cook, so it was a double win.

A/N:

Just as I published this it was confirmed that Luke and Sierra Deaton are dating and I am kind of sad. I don't hate Sierra, since I loved her on the X Factor and lately, I just haven't followed her career. But anyways, it just makes me sad and it doesn't give me motivation to continue this fanfic, so please vote and comment if you are liking it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 65 12
In the end of summer, a week before school, Cierra Fuller got kicked out of her orphanage because she turned 16. They applied her with an apartment...
488 6 32
"Lucy listen to me! Everything is going to be ok. Trust me" "Calum... I can't trust you. He's already ruined my life before so how do I know you won'...
Cover By Joanne

Fanfiction

10.1K 377 20
Michael has always been shy and timid. Not because he was abused at home or anything like that. In fact, he had very loving parents. Very rich, lovin...
101K 3.3K 58
Where Michael thought that he was genuinely going crazy, but three certain murderers just wanted him to feel that way. Luke, Ashton, and Calum always...