crucio ━ harry potter (1)

By harringtonsbloom

KILLING CURSE SERIES || in which the daughter of sirius black discovers she is destined to destroy the wizard... More

introduction and cast
graphic portfolio + scene manips
volume
i. Crucio vs engorgio skullus
ii. The singing lady
iv. trevor the toad
v. boggart in the wardrobe
vi. late nights
vii. halloween disappointment
viii. rebellious gryffindors
vix. downfall of quidditch
x. lupin's favouritism
xii. christmas toll
xiii. chocolate cake
xv. the start of the damage
xv. full moon
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟮: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗢𝗕𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘
i. Lonely days
ii. morsmordre
iii. the unforgivables
iv. inevitably doomed
v. punches and the hungarian horntail
vi. unknown parcels
vii. sky full stars
viii. the dog
ix. broken hearts (for more than one)
x. matchmaking
xi. the yule ball (part1)
xii. the yule ball (part2)
xiii. a lonesome christmas
xiv. a splash of water
xv. scarlet women
xvi. incapable of human emotions?
xvii. potter for the win
xviii. the return
xvix. a (not so) cheery family reunion
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟯: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗙 𝗣𝗛𝗢𝗘𝗡𝗜𝗫
i. drunk words, sober mind
ii. grimmauld place
iii. humble encounters
iv. joys of parenthood
v. difference in demeanour
vi. star wars marathon
vii. black roses
viii. luke's intentions
ix. the boy who lies
x. the first day
xi. detention
xii. saturday
xiii. beckham hampton
xiv. the longbottoms
xv. high inquistor
xvi. hog's head
xvii. hagrid's tale
xviii. the dream
xix. the dragon
xx. the accident
xxi. long overdue
xxii. goodbyes
xxiii. déjà vu
xxiv. arthurs attack
xxv. christmas*
xxvi. times turning
xxvii. chess
xxviii. beckham's theme
xxix. a bad day
xxxi. the start of the downfall
xxxii. o.w.l.s*
xxxiii. caught
xxxiv. ministry of magic
xxxv. loss of control
xxxvi. conjoined
xxxvii. bittersweet ending
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟯.𝟱: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗢𝗟𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡
i. The change
ii. search for sirius
iii. acceptance
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟰: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗙 𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗗 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗘
i. the reawakening
ii. unexpected arrivals
iii. weeks
iv. her hope
v. flames arise*
vi. open grave
vii. the boy and girl who lived
viii. don't go breaking my heart
ix. control
x. love
xi. reality hits
xii. adjustment
xiii. tiny dragons
xiv. "why is it always you four?"
xv. gryffindor party of broken hearts
xvi. hyperion
xvii. the party of jealously
xviii. the aftermath
xvix. a different christmas
xx. the ski resort part one
xxi. the ski resort part two
xxii. ron's birthday
xxiii. the aleksanders*
xxiv. felix felicis
xxv. the four sisters
xxvi. sectumsempra
xxvii. tequila
xxviii. crash
xxix. runskin
xxx. bliss
xxxi. the plans
xxxii. the last dance
xxxiii. melancholy
xxxiv. obilerate*
time skip:
01. aurora's lament
02. Accomplice
iii. strangers
epilogue
BOOK TWO IS PUBLISHED

iii. the inner eye and lessons

68.7K 2.3K 7.1K
By harringtonsbloom

CHAPTER THREE:

THE INNER EYE AND LESSONS

   Aurora woke up early for the first morning of school. Or at least as early as she possibly could. She got into her uniform, and rolled up the top of the skirt, she tucked her white shirt into the skirt and grabbed her jumper. She took a quick look into the mirror, and satisfied she left her dormitory.

       She made her way to the Great Hall. She sat down, offering a quick hello to Fred and George who had joined them this morning. Harry was clearly in a rotten mood.

    "What's wrong with you?" she asked, giving him a look. "Find out another Professor has Voldemort growing on the back of his head?"

     "No, it was Malfoy." Ron explains to her. "It's hard to believe you're cousins with him. You two are opposites."

    She doesn't bother to even ask what he has done this time.

   "That little git," George says calmly. "He wasn't so cocky last night when the Dementors were down at our end of the train. Came running into our compartment, didn't he, Fred?"

   "Nearly wet himself."

   "I wasn't too happy myself. They're horrible things, those Dementors."

   "Sort of freeze your insides, don't they?"

   "You didn't pass out, though, did you?" Harry asked, in a low voice.

    "Harry, it could have happened to anyone. Its literally the Dementors job." Aurora tells him, causing him to briefly look at her. She reached across the table and shakes his head. "They take away all the happiness from you!"

    "She's right." George mentions, looking away from Aurora. "Dad had to go out to Azkaban one time. And he said it was the worst place he'd ever been, he came back all weak and shaking. They suck the happiness out of a place, Dementors. Most of the prisoners go mad in there."

     She glanced down. So that's what her father went through everyday whilst he was there.

   "Anyway, we'll see how happy Malfoy looks after our first Quidditch match." Fred mentions. "Gryffindor versus Slytherin, first game of the season, remember?"

      Harry and Aurora had both been on the team. He had been on it since first year, and her since last year. This was only because the last chaser left school. The two twins send them grins before leaving.

    Hermione was examining her new schedule. "Ooh, good, we're starting some new subjects today," she said happily.

    "Oh fun." Aurora says sarcastically, she softly takes it out of her hands, and looks at it. She was signed up for ten lessons. "They've messed your timetable up. They've got you down for too many subjects."

      She sends her a look. "I'll manage. I've fixed it all with Professor McGonagall."

   "But look," Ron took it off her hands, "See this morning? Nine o'clock, Divination. And underneath, nine o'clock, Muggle Studies. And -" he gave her a look of disbelief, "look, underneath that, Arithmancy, nine o'clock. I mean, I know you're good, Hermione, but no one's that good. How're you supposed to be in three classes at once?"

     It almost seemed that sometimes Ron enjoyed annoying Hermione, even though she didn't seem to notice it.

   "Don't be silly," Hermione laughed. "Of course I won't be in three classes at once."

   "Well then -"

   "Pass the marmalade," said Hermione.

   "But -"

   "Oh, Ron, what's it to you if my timetable's a bit full?" Hermione snapped. "I told you, I've fixed it all with Professor McGonagall."

    Harry and Aurora both exchanged looks.

    "Anyways," she says, talking to Harry whilst the other two glared at each other. "You excited to have Hagrid as our Professor? I am."

    "Very. He'll be fairy on the Gryffindor's, unlike Snape." Harry explained, "Hopefully, we can earn some more house points this year, and win the cup."

     The three of them left to go to Divination, thinking it would be easy to find. After a long twenty minutes of running, and tricking a knight-portrait to show them where the classroom was, they found the room. Aurora sat on the floor with crystal marble and tea cup placed in front of her.

   "Welcome, my children. In the room, you shall explore the mysterious art of divination. In this room you shall discover if you posses the sight. Hello, I'm Professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future. One either has the gift or not. It cannot be divined from the pages of a book. Book's only cloud one's inner eyes."

  Ron and Harry both turned around smirking at Hermione.

     Aurora eyes blankly stared at women; bushy brown hair framed her face, with glasses the size of tea-cup's sat on her long pointed nose.

    Ron's face converted into confusion as he stared toward's Hermione, "Where'd you come from?"

"Me? I've been here all along."

"No you haven't-"

"Ron I'm trying to listen to this." Aurora interrupted. "Please."

    Harry snorted. She rose an eyebrow and turned to him. His lips were in a tight line and he was trying not to laugh. Excuse me? When he turned to her, she gestures for him to speak.

   "You don't listen in any of our lessons." he stated matter of factly with an arched eyebrow. "Unless someone has taken over your mind, you don't care about this."

   Aurora didn't have time to reply as Professor Trelawney salted over towards their desk, and in one swift movement banged on there table making them all jump. She let out a loud noise, Harry bounced back, Hermione flared and Ron spat out.

  "Bloody Hell?!"

  "You're aura is pulsing dear, are you in the beyond? Look at the cup - Give it a-go, boy."

   Aurora smirked. " Aw Ronny you're Aurora is pulsing."

Ron mumbled some profanities under his breath before he begun speaking.

   "Please don't with the puns-"

   "I'm not going to don't worry." Aurora rolls her eyes. "Just keep your aura under control and everything will be fine. ."

  Dean and Seamus both gave her two high fives.

   "Well. He's got a wonky sort of cross, that's trials and suffering. But this lot here could be the sun -- that's great happiness. So... he's going to
suffer but - uh - be very happy about it."

" Kinky." a nudge into her ribs from Hermione made her groan.

"You've got the falcon." Trelawney shrieked at Harry. "You've got an evil enemy boy."

    Uh Voldemort? Aurora thought.

     Aurora watched as the leaves quickly emerged into a Skull, "You've got the skull...w-which mean's danger in you're path."

   Once again the leaves changed.

  "My dear boy...you've got the Grimm."

  "The grin? What's the grin?"

"The Grim. Not the grin, you idiot."

  "Taking the form of a giant spectral dog, it is among the darkest omens in our world. It is an omen... of death." Lavender brown begun speaking at the back of the classroom.

  "I-I don't think it looks like the..Grimm." Hermione intercepted.

  "You'll forgive me for saying so, my dear, but I perceive very little aura around you. Very little receptivity to the resonances of the future. Book' aren't everything in life."

     Aurora mouths fell open. " I'm just gonna grab my things-"

   Hermione stared at her for a moment contemplating before she stood up and in one swift movement pushed the crystal ball onto the ground. Aurora jumped at the sound which made her drop the cup in her hand, splattering into multiple pieces.

   "Hermione I wanted to keep this cup!" she bellows as the brunette leaves.

      The lesson ended shortly as everyone gathered there cups and brought them up to the Professor before exiting the classroom except Aurora who kept her chipped cup.

      "Aurora, dear, please bring back those tea cups?" just as she was out the door the woman summoned her back.

    "This is why I don't go to class." she mumbles as she collects the few cups.

    Aurora stared down at one of them as she went to hand it up to the Professor as the rest of the students cleared out of the classroom. She watched as the leaves slowly emerged into a beating heart. She looked at it once more and saw it was indeed a beating heart.

  ( She hadn't seen that before )

     " Professor what is this reading?"

     she turned around as she peered over at the tea-cup, her bottom lip formed downwards, her features crinkling into a sigh as her eyes watered.

  " My love, you are very very much like your mother. She possessed the gift as well. Although her powers may have gotten the best of her sometimes,"

     Aurora stopped in her tracks. Swallowing a harsh breath she stared at the women, whilst walking forward. Her grey eyes sprinkling with hope. Her mother? She had never heard anyone speak of her mother which is why she had such a delayed reaction.

        "You knew my mother?"

  "Oh why yes I was one of the ones who told her about her powers." 

Powers? Like Magic? But nobody really called Magic these days powers?

  " I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Yes my mothers side of the family are good wizards and witches. But what do you mean by power?"

     Aurora felt left hand twitched. She ignored it.

  " The power of resur-"

  " Godric Aurora!, will you hurry up." Ron interrupted as he hung his head into the door, with Harry trailing next to him, gesturing towards the corridor, " Professor McGonagall will have a fit if were late."

          and unfortunately for Aurora she never got her answer, until two years later.

     Aurora sat at the back of the Transfiguration lesson with her hand slumped into her hands. She knew she had an agitated look present on her face.

Professor Trelawney knew her mother? Even though she hadn't cared much about her mother (or so she told herself), it still interested her.

         Although she did seem psychotic, why would she lie about something like that?

     She never learned anything about her mother. The only person to her knowledge that would talk about her was her grandparents.

         She was so caught up in her thoughts she didn't even notice that Professor McGonagall had turned into an animagus.

   Something Aurora has always found interesting.

  The thought of a human being being able to turn into an animal was something she would never get used to. She wanted to become one more than anything but you weren't legally aloud until you were passed eighteen. But rules never really stopped her. 

  "What has gotten into you all today?" the women questioned in confusion, just after transforming back into herself, "Not that it matters but that's the first time my transformation's not got an applause."

     "Fine. I'll volunteer." Aurora frowns then offers the Professor a single clap, sits back down then slumps back in her seat.

    "Please professor we've just gotten our first divination class, and we were reading the tea leaves, and-"

        "Ah, of course." she interrupted, with a small laugh. "Which one of you will be dying this year?"

    "Me," Harry's voice bubbled from the other side of the classroom.

   Aurora could almost picture him rolling his eyes.

     Aurora flicked her hair. "Harry there's a much better chance I'll die within the next five or six years with my dangerous abilities and need to safe others."

   "I see," McGonagall acknowledged, "Then you should know that Sybill Trelawney has predicted the death of one student a year since she arrived at this school. None of them have died yet. Seeing death omens is her favorite way of greeting a new class. If it were not for the fact that I never speak ill of my colleagues...Divination is one of the most imprecise branches of Magic."

    " Professor Gon Gon that's why you're my favorite teacher," Aurora's voice boomed from the back of the classroom as she lay back on her chair with a grin.

    "Thank you Miss Black for the commentary." she spoke strictly all though there was a small twitching smile in the corner of her mouth.

       The class went smoothly after that, and next class they were outside standing around in an uneven circle in a padlocked area. A breeze flew throughout her arm's considering they were outside it wasn't shocking plus the fact that Aurora only wore a white school shirt.

        "Give me a hug." Aurora mentions to Harry, who extended his arms grinning.

        "Why?"

       "Just want one from you."

       Ron rose a brow. "Can I have one?"

       "No." Aurora and Harry said at the same time.

    Hermione was still angry. " Professor Trelawney is a joke for a teacher."

    " Proper mentalist that one is." she says pulling away from Harry's beating chest, "You heard what Professor Gon Gon said, she predicts a death every year for a student, and she said that Divination is one of the most imprecise form's is Magic. Never knew Gon Gon could be such a savage."

       "Could you please start calling her McGonagall and Aurora is completely unerring, that lesson is a bunch of rubbish anyway." Hermione face converted into a look of disgust.

       Harry and Aurora shared a glance.

      "You're just mad because you're not good at it." Ron shot back.

     Whilst the two argued Harry and Aurora were talking about her perfect locks. Her favorite subject.

      "Everyone says I have the best hair. I mean come on look at it." she gestures to herself then softly reaches down and intertwined herself and Harry's hand, she places it at the side of her head. He hesitantly moved his hand. "See. It practically brushes itself by now!"

       "Arithmancy is much much better and you are wrong Ronald, I do not care whether or not I succeed in such a low-standard lesson..unlike you."

    Ron huffed.

    "I think divination seems very woolly." Hermione continued although Aurora wished she hadn't due to the loudness of her voice. "A lot of guesswork, if you ask me."

   "There was nothing woolly about the grim in that cup." Ron scowled hotly narrowing his eyes in her direction.

   "Arithmancy is on at the same time as-"

  "Gather 'round. Find yerself a spot. That's it. Now firs' thing yeh'll want ter do is open yer books."

    Hagrid instructed cutting off what Aurora was going to say about the two subject being on at the same time.

   Hagrid had been the schools care taker since their first year. He was one of the many people at Hogwarts who the Gryffinfour trusted with a lot of things. He was rather nervous about being a teacher at Hogwarts, this morning at breakfast he said he had been awake since five o clock.

            "God, this place is going to the dogs. Wait until my father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." Draco hissed from across the small space of grass, with narrowed eye's toward's Hagrid who was trying to get something down from the sky.

    Aurora stepped forward with folded arms as a spark of anger built up inside her, anger to which she had no regard about controlling.

     "How is your father, Draco? Still a good for nothing imbecile like his son?" She resisted the urge to draw her wand.

    Draco snapped his head towards her. "Don't speak about my father like that. At least my father hasn't been in prison."

Aurora placed a mocking hand on her heart. "Not yet but I'm sure since Sirius escaped there's a spare cell."

" Blood traitor."

   Harry stepped forward as he looked at the blonde haired boy with anger, " Shut up, Malfoy-"

      Oddly enough Draco's eyes widened as he stepped back in fear, and with a shaky finger pointed behind Harry.

  "Dementor! Dementor!"

   Harry who had expressed his fear of Dementor's immediately sprung around, only to see nothing, a loud cackle of laughs come from the Slytherin trio. Draco, Blaise and Crabbe who all pulled their hoods up over there heads.

        Aurora reaches across grabbing a branch off the tree and she threw it over and Draco, knocking his apple on the ground.

    Draco looked down at the apple on the ground.

     "Why did you do that?"

     " I don't know." she walks back extending her hands with a grin. " It's alright though, I'm sure you and the apples do loads of things together in your spare time."

                  A second later their laughter was cut off as a large creature flew down. A smile played at her features as she silently thanked Harry whose cheeks flushed red.

               Aurora looked at the creature that had just flown down in front of them, she didn't step back, It had the body, hind legs, and tail of horses but the front legs, wings and heads of an eagle, with cruel, steel-colored beaks and a large, brilliantly orange eyes. The talons on their front legs were half a long and deadly looking. It scrawny neck had a thick leather collar around it's neck, attached to the long chain in which Hagrid was holding.

      Aurora turned around seeing how the only person still standing in there spot was herself and Harry. She glanced back towards Hermione and Ron, her eyes widening while doing so, their hands were somehow intertwined with Hermione gripping his arm, and within a second he had let go.

       Hagrid explained how the creature was called a Hippogriffs which also involved knowing the rules ; 1. which was that they were easily offended creatures and not to insult them. 2. Always wait for the creature to make the first move and then he also explained how to handle one.

     "Er, right who wants ter go first?" The entire class backed away the moment the question left Hagrid's mouth.

      "No one?" asked Hagrid with a pleading look.

      "Oh no I'm about to make another carefree decision without thinking." she muttered.

   Harry went to quickly stop her but she spoke:

  " I'll do it."

  Aurora steps forward with a cocky grin as she strutted over to the gate.

    It wasn't a surprise to anyone that she had willingly surprised to do something risky. As she stepped toward and climbed over the paddock fence.

     " Hold on. I'll do it as well." Harry stepped forward as climbed over the fence, he walked over until he standing next to Aurora who stood looking ten times more confident than he did.

        Hermione and Ron exchanged a glance.

   " I knew you wanted to do it." Aurora said with a lazy grin over in Harry's direction.

    Harry didn't respond only racked a hand through this hair with a short smile.

  " Good students!" Hagrid roared. " Right then let's see how yeh get on with Buckbeak."

     " Easy now." warned Hagrid as he gestured towards the creature, " Yeh've got eye contact, now try not ter blink. Hippogriff's don't trust yeh if yeh blink too much."

   Aurora stared giving a small blink every few seconds.

    Harry didn't blink for about thirty seconds as his eyes watered until Aurora nudge him into the side with a small smile.

    Harry and Aurora slowly gave a short bow.

    She hesitantly reached her hand out as she stroked the side of the creatures face, chills flew up her left hand as the creature nuzzled into the side of her palm. She glanced over toward's Harry who was smiling as it did the same, the Hippogriff closed his eyes lazily.

       The class broke into applause, all except for Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle who were looking deeply disappointed.

" Righ then, you two." grinned Hagrid as he clasped his hands together, " I reckon he migh' let ye ride him!"

   Aurora grinned and within a few seconds Hagrid had her up on the creature, with shaky hands she hesitantly wrapped them around the creatures neck,

        Harry stood dumbfounded. " I - er - don't."

      "Scared of losing you're masculinity?"

         She teased with a risen eyebrow as she held her hand out towards him. Harry was normally as reckless when it came to things as she was.

        And truth be told, wherever Aurora went Harry would follow.

I'm re editing this book right now and prisoner of Azkaban is probably my least favourite act! I would keep reading till goblet of fire as it the story gets much better from there onwards!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336K 8.2K 102
◇ Love conquers all; so let us give in to love ◇ Sirius never wanted to fall in love. And especially he never wanted to fall in love with a girl from...
1.2M 55.2K 55
DUSK TILL DAWN || in which a girl figures out she is the daughter of famous James Potter and tries her best to adapt to the wizarding world in the mi...
18.7K 569 19
"You Loved Me During My Darkest Time."
1.9M 119K 104
{𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝟮} It all started with a kiss. Or better say, everything ended with a kiss. What Jenna Potter thought was going to lead her to a beautif...