His Spiryt (August Alsina)

By Perplexed_Panda

"Please... I-I'm tired of this... August..." "Why? Aren't you happy?" She looked him in the eye and shook her... More

Prolouge
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight; part one
Chapter Eight; part 2
Big news
Chapter Ten

Chapter Nine

1.4K 76 39
By Perplexed_Panda

It's starting to PISS ME OFF how fucking ugly I am.

Fiona in the mm

August

If there was one thing I hated the most, it was people wasting my damn time.

After Fiona had called and asked for a 'favor', she sent me the address of a quaint little coffee shop to meet up at. Since I was feeing generous, I decided to come at the time she said.

But now, I've been here for forty-five minutes and she's yet to show up. I've had three coffees from these tiny ass cups and the little ass handles are serving to piss me off even more.

I downed the rest of the coffee and stood up, grabbing my shit, ready to go.

As I spun around, I saw Fiona walking into the shop with big sunglasses covering her face and her hair in a high ponytail. When she saw me, she waved and made her way over, causing me to roll my eyes.

I sat back in the tiny chair as the waitress came back over and offered me another tiny ass cup. "Lady, tell me what the hell I'm s'posed to this tiny ass handle!" I was now heated. My fucking fingers were cramped and I couldn't hold the cup around the rim without someone giving me the stink eye.

The waitress startled and stepped back. "I'm sorry, I-I don't make the cups—"

Fiona placed a hand on the woman's shoulder and spoke. "Don't worry about him, he's just in a mood." She said, looking back at me with a stern look.

"Ya damn skippy! And these tiny ass cups ain't helping my mood either!"

The waitress scampered off and Fiona sat in the seat across from me. "Why're you so rude?"

"Why are you so late?" I countered.

She grinned and shook her head. "I got held up at work. I just got slammed with nine new cases." She muttered, removing the cat eyed glasses that resided on the bridge of her nose.

"Nine new cases? Where the hell do you work?" I asked, pushing the tiny cup away from me and to the middle of the table.

"I work in the Human Resource department. Nine women just lost their jobs as Nail Artist because their boss killed some kid."

My eyebrows went up into my hairline at the familiar story. "Oh. Well, what do you want?"

"I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend."

I stared at her for a moment before waving over the waitress with the tiny cups. When she reached over, I took a cup and pressed it to my mouth after telling Fiona to repeat what she just said.

"I said I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend."

As she said this, I choked on the coffee that slid down my throat. "August you're so damn dramatic!" She fumed.

I looked at her and pursed my lips. "Of course I am! What do I look like pretending to be your man? For one, we both look pathetic. Secondly, we're not in high school. I'm not gone front, you beautiful as fuck, and you'll find a man, but this," I motioned between the two of us, "Is unnecessary."

I could now see tears shining in her eyes. "August please! It's just to get my family off my back- I already told them about and everything!"

I rolled my eyes, reaching into my pocket for my wallet, dropping a fifty dollar bill on the table. "I'm not doing it, Fiona. It's stupid. I have to get to work."

I stood and left the cafe with Fiona clutching her tea cup tightly with tears on her cheeks.

Spiryt POV
Yesterday

"My boss will come see you know."

August followed me into the back office which belonged to her boss. Upon entering, My eyes landed upon the numerous family photos on the walls and I felt my heart clench at the sight.

"Good afternoon." I looked over to the source of the voice and saw a salt and peppered man with brown eyes stare me down and I felt myself shiver. "I'm Mr. Reynolds, I own this establishment and before we begin, Ms. Elric, I would like let you know that I'm so sorry for what happened to you and that it was one of my employees that put you in that position." Mr. Reynolds gestured to the seats in the front of his desk and August and I took a seat.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"I under you want the name of the employee that let this happen, which you will get, but I would like to offer you tbis as well." Mr. Reynolds dug around in a drawer behind him before pulling out a silver key.

He offered it to me and I gently grasped it in my hand.

"I want to allow you to move into a different apartment without breaking your lease or any more of that legal crap, that is if you still plan on living here."

Before I could reply, August took the key from me and stared Mr. Reynolds down. "If this is some scheme to cover up you employee—" he began.

"Absolutely not. I already have her file copied down for you. I just want to express my sympathy is the best way possible." He then leaned over again and handed August a manilla folder.

"Oh..." August muttered. "Thanks man."

"No problem. Have a nice day. The both of you." As we stood, August opened the door for me to leave out first, but Mr. Reynolds called me back.

"I just need a minute alone, just a second."

August gave him a look then glanced at me and deemed it okay when I nodded him away. He stepped out and gently closed the door.

I turned to face Mr. Reynolds and saw him stepping from behind his desk with a piece of paper in his hand. Upon closer inspection, I saw it was a brochure.

"I know... this is hard for you. A few years ago... I had a daughter not much younger than you." He sighed heavily as his fingers curled around the paper in his hand. "She was raped in het house as well, and she never felt safe anywhere again. She took her life not long after."

Mr. Reynolds sat on the edge of his desk and I sat back in the seat I took a minute ago.

Mr. Reynolds hands were trembling as he spoke. I recognized the sound of oncoming tears and patted his knee. "I wanted to help her but I didn't know how to then, but I found a support group for rape victims, just a little to late... I know everyone copes differently and I hope you look into this as a way to help you..." he handed me the brochure and I took a long hard look at it.

"Thank you. This, this means a lot to me."

"Any time."

Today

I glanced over at the coffee table and saw the brochure again.

Annoyed, I stood up and flung it behind the tv. I felt like it was taunting me. It made me feel weak, like I couldn't handle myself... and if I was being completely honest, that's what I am.

I felt like crying again.

I felt dirty.

I never thought I'd find myself back in such a hole, yet here I am.

Laying back on the couch, I groaned when I heard knocking on the door. I rolled off the couch and went over kitchen and grabbed the biggest knife I could find.

My door didn't have a peephole so, I didn't want to take any chances.

I opened the door slowly and was relieved to see Gracie and August standing at the door. They were both holding bags of food mean mugging each other.

When they saw me at the door, they smiled at me and shoved each other out of the way to get in through the door first. "Hey, bookie." Grace smiled and pressed a sloppy kiss on the side of my face. She handed the Hooters bag to me and set her purse down on the counter, gently taking the knife away from me and sliding it in her bag.

August came in and pulled me into a hesitant hug. Which I greatly returned.

He set the chinese food on the counter and sat a stack of envelopes down.

It was quiet as Grace shared us all food from the bags and we ate in silence. It was just awkward or tense. It was comforting and warm and I just felt a sense of peace wash over me as I ate with two of my closest friends.

Of course, all good things come to end.

Mines did when I noticed the stack of envelopes sitting in front of me. I pulled them over to me and realized that August was kind enough to pick up my mail for me.

As I flipped through them, my mood started to drop once I realized they were hospital bills and car payments. Which I didn't have money to pay.

I just couldn't catch a break.

Gracie looked over and took one of the envelopes and sighed. "Aw shit. Babes, you know I'd love to help but I don't get paid again till next month..."

"Nah, you're fine. I'll... I'll find a way."

"I can help you, ma, I know how times—" August began, but I quickly cut him off.

"August, no, I—"

"It's no problem, ma. I'm serious."

"No, August-"

"There's no shame in asking for help, why're you bugging?" August kept pressing, like he didn't understand how irritated I was beginning to get.

"Because I don't need or want your help!"

August

"Because I don't need or want your help!"

Spiryt stood up from her seat with a huff. "I don't want a damn thing from you!" She shouted. I watched her storm up the steps and into the bathroom, slamming the door hard enough that somewhere in the apartment, a picture frame falls off the wall and crashes to the floor.

Very confused, I turn to Grace who is leaning her head on her hand.

"What the fuck was that? I was just tryna help!" I couldn't comprehend what the fuck she got so mad about.

"Don't get mad." Grace mutters. "The last time she allowed herself to depend on a man... her life spiraled into what it is today; a mess."

"But I'm not tryna have her depend on me–"

"What exactly are you trying to do August? What do you want? Why do you care so much?" Grace sighed, glaring at me.

I got quiet.

"When I was twelve, I saw my moms get raped by her pimp. I didn't know what it meant back then, but I watched how she let her life fall apart afterwards. She was all I had and vice versa. No one should ever go through shit like this alone." I explained.

Grace nodded. "Ima go check on her."

Grace stood up and walked up the stairs and I gathered the envelopes and my eyebrows rose when I saw a letter from the one and only Fiona. From the Human Resources department.

Whether Spiryt wanted my help or not, she was gonna get it. Maybe not directly, but still.

I grabbed my phone and checked the stairs to make sure they weren't coming down.

Quickly, I dialed Fiona's number and let out a sigh of relief when she answered on the last ring. "What do you want, August?" She sounded upset.

"Hey, you still wanna do that fake boyfriend thing?"

"Well, I mean—"

"Yes or no, chile." I rushed. I wanted to make sure that I got off the phone before Spiryt and Grace came back down.

"Yeah, yeah. What changed your mind?" She asked.

"I'll do this favor for you if you do one for me." I said, glancing at the staircase again.

"Yeah, sure, whatever you want." She answered.

"Okay, write this name down. We'll talk in the morning."

"Yeah, What's the name?"

"Spiryt Elric. S-P-I-R-Y-T." I spelled out her name and I heard Fiona scribbling it down. "Got that?"

"Yeah. I did."

"Okay, I'll call you tomorrow."

"Alright bye."

As she said that, I heard Grace walking down the steps. "She's not mad anymore, but she does wanna be alone right now. I'm leaving, I suggest you do to." She said.

I nodded and grabbed my keys. "Ight, I'll see y'all when I see y'all."

I gave a quick glance at the stairs and was surprised to see Spir sitting at the top with her knees in her chest. She gave me a small wave which I returned with a smile.

🍑🍒🍑🍒🍑🍒🍑🍒🍑🍒🍑🍒🍑🍒

YALL

I AM SOOO HYPE

Idk why but I am just ready to get this book started again, I no longer have writer's block, I have more ideas and it's gonna be friggen great!!

I hope this is long enough for you guys...

So go on and

!!VOTE!!

!!COMMENT!!!

But only if you wanna though...😅

I missed this. I missed you guys...😘

I recently got a job so I don't know when I'll update again, but it won't be too long. Love ya❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 705 32
Kayla meets August and she is head over heels for him but something is keeping them apart.Read to find out
164K 4.2K 34
KIERRA HAS BEEN THROUGH A LOT OF HURT,PAIN IN HER LIFE. SHE HAS BEEN HURT SO BAD MANY TIMES IN HER LIFE.UNTIL SHE DECIDES TO NEVER TRUST ANYONE AGA...
158K 7.1K 30
August Alsina is dope boy who wants to do something different with his life. Growing up in New Orleans, he saw the street life first hand so it wasn'...
208K 7K 30
Shes A Young Ambitious Fiesty 21 Year Old She Want Her Dreams To Come True But for Now Shes Just Another Stripper That Dating a Hood Bad Boy This Ba...