DEAD STARS

By ASTRAGAZER-

[๐‘ป๐‘ถ๐‘ซ๐‘ถ๐‘น๐‘ถ๐‘ฒ๐‘ฐ ๐‘บ๐‘ฏ๐‘ถ๐‘ผ๐‘ป๐‘ถ] โ๐™„'๐™ข ๐™Ÿ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™– ๐™™๐™š๐™–๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™๐™–๐™™ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š ๐™ก๐™ค... More

II. THE PRIDEFUL AND THE IGNORANT
III. QUESTIONS
IV. WHAT THEY HAVE IN COMMON
V. STUDENT-TEACHER TAG TEAM
VI. IT'S NOTHING
VII. BURIED MEMORIES
VIII. STARGAZERS
IX. UNDER THE SAME SKY
X: UNEXPECTED FAMILY VISIT
XI. ICE COLD MEMOIRS
XII. ICE COLD RAINDROPS
XIII. AS THE ICE MELTS
XIV. SPORTS FESTIVAL BEGINS
XV. A DECLARATION OF WAR
XVI. TEAM MIDORIYA OR TEAM BAKUGO?
XVII. CAVALRY BATTLE CLIMAX!
XVIII. CAVALRY BATTLE CONCLUDES!
XIX. THOSE BORN WITH EVERYTHING
XX. HOSHIKO VS IIDA
CHARACTER PROFILE
XXI. STARS FROZEN IN TIME
XXII. WHAT I WANT TO BECOME
XXIII. THE BRIGHTEST STAR

I. THE GIRL BORN WITH EVERYTHING

27.3K 622 401
By ASTRAGAZER-

How can someone say they are fortunate? Perhaps when they have everything, bestowed with things that other people lack. Or perhaps maybe it's just human nature, deeming someone fortunate and unfortunate just because one has something the other lacks. For me, it's complete and utter ridiculous. No one should be called fortunate nor unfortunate because we all posses something that others do not and others posses something that we do not. It's how the world was balance. It's life. Life is fair because it's unfair to everyone.

And then, power which used to be fictional became reality. Quirk. 80% of humans posses Quirks, one differs from another. But despite the fact that majority of human population has a Quirk, we still get to call someone fortunate and someone unfortunate.

Among those people who get called fortunate, I was one of them. Although my existence only became known shortly after my Quirk had develop, and even so, I wasn't allowed to meet people before I can fully master my Quirk. My older brother, who became my second guardian, said I shouldn't be allowed to be seen by others as an innocent young girl with a teddy bear as her trusted friend. He said only when I get stronger, will he allow society to know that I exist. But I don't like it- to be known. I'm pretty much comfortable with being invisible and I would've liked it better if I were, in fact, invisible. But things don't go that way. Just because my parents are well-known Pro Heroes, doesn't mean I should too.

When I finally mastered my Quirk, I remembered being blinded by lights from flashes of cameras and the deafening sounds of never-ending questions from reporters and journalists who have since succumb to their curiosity to know who the only daughter of the famous Pro Heroes Sirius and Earl Shadow as well as the only sister of the Underground Hero Black Circuit.

Quirks, as everyone knew of it, are mostly from genes inherited from your parents, mine was something different. My parents said that I am the perfect masterpiece. The head of Hoshiko family and also my great great grandfather, was given a Quirk by his friend who had the ability to steal other people's Quirks and willingly give them to others.

Apparently, that Quirk was powerful and ever since then, from generations my family used that Quirk as if it's their own. However, as told before, Quirks are affected by the genes one inherited from both parents. My great grandfather saw the flaw when he married a woman with no Quirk resulting to his son's Quirk being less powerful. And so, they resorted to a cruel way of Quirk Marriage. But if you think arrange marriage is worst.

My great grandfather's way is much more worse. He made his second son and first daughter, who posses almost of the same quality of Quirk he deemed powerful, marry each other. And he made their first son and the daughter of their brother married each other. But the son of the couple only inherit around 40% of my great great grandfather's Quirk. And then, I was born. The only daughter of Hoshiko Taki and Hoshiko Suzuki.

Had I been born with little less than half of my great great grandfather's Quirk, I would've end up marrying my brother or one of my cousins as my father married his cousin, to reproduce offspring in the hopes that someone will inherit my great great grandfather's Quirk- no matter how sick it sounds. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother. But not in the same way one would to a lover. I love him as my brother, nothing more and nothing less than that.

And then, it happened. I inherited my great great grandfather's Quirk. The exact same Quirk that his friend stole from someone and gave to him. That's when I began to hear the people in my household talking about how fortunate I am. Although I didn't know to what extent am fortunate or what am I fortunate for. Perhaps because I will never have to marry my brother. Or perhaps maybe because I have full control over the first generation Quirk stolen from a weeping soul and given to my great great grandfather.

But how can they say I am fortunate?

To be honest, I feel so unfortunate, more so than a Quirk less girl who will not have to worry about what others will think.

The day I decided to enroll at Yūei, my parents almost beamed in merriment. Saying that I should lift up the family name and live up to everyone's expectations.

But when I decided to enroll in the General Course, the house was instantly surrounded by darkness, a foreboding shadow of doom and a void of blackness, courtesy of my father's Quirk and additionally of my mother's.

And then as soon as I get to know the name of my seatmate with a purple mess of a hair, I was pulled out of the class. My brother, whom is affiliated with the Underground Hero Eraser Head, had talk my way into the Hero Course.

And thus, I was place under the watchful eyes of a seemingly very tired man named Aizawa Shōta.

"Okay class, listen up. Today, you will welcome your new classmate," he said in a manner of complete boredom.

As soon as I step inside Class 1-A of the Hero Course, whispers instantly erupted. Being raised in a place where housemaids constantly gossip about empty rumours, I can perfectly hear what they are whispering about.

To sum it all up in one idea; they didn't know that Yūei accepts transfer students. Technically, I'm not a transfer student. I was still a student at Yūei before I was place in the Hero Course.

Three minutes had pass before their whispers died down completely and I was left standing in front, beside Aizawa Sensei.

"My name is Hoshiko Yoru."

I can almost hear a pin dropped. They all look at me expectantly. Was saying my name not enough? What else should I say? It's not as if I'm ready to tell them the story of my life. And it's completely unnecessary to tell a group of strangers personal information about me. But why do they all look like they wanted to hear more? Perhaps I was a little rude.

I bowed my head and counted to five before straightened up.

And yet, they're still expecting something.

I looked over Aizawa Sensei to ask if I can sit on my designated seat only to see him half asleep inside the yellow sleeping bag. I can almost feel my eye twitch in annoyance as the supposedly Homeroom Teacher of the Hero Course was sleeping in front of his students who were eyeing me expectantly.

Not wanting to prolong the start of a humiliating scenario, I decided to walk at the far end of the class, where a lone chair and table were waiting for me. As I sat down, the gnawing atmosphere from earlier started to fade. In this corner of the classroom, I can almost instantly see everyone. There are those who made an impression to me simply by sitting in their seats. In here, I can see just how much one personality differs from another. We are all a variation.

But I couldn't help the feeling that somewhere in this classroom, there is someone whom I can relate to. Whether it's the black haired girl in a ponytail with intellectual eyes or the blonde haired boy in spikes who emits a familiar prideful power, I didn't know.

Or maybe perhaps, it was the boy with a mismatch coloured hair whose glance still lingers even after he averted his eyes to look at our Homeroom Teacher who was finally awake and ready to discuss something I didn't bother to hear.

---

The morning classes are seemingly boring for those in the Hero Course who are probably itching for some sort of action in regards with using their Quirks. Because the morning classes consist of subjects like English and Maths that students in this Course deemed to be unnecessary in becoming a Hero.

The bell signaling that it's lunch finally rang and soon, the classroom that was once filled with students was left with only a cricket to spare.

"Hoshiko-chan!" A voice beaming in happiness resonated through the hallway.

I rarely get to hear that tone and I forgot how to sound so happy that I couldn't help but frown when a girl with short hazel brown hair stopped in front of me. While I wasn't good in memorizing the names of others, I was fairly good at memorizing their faces. That's how I knew that this girl is my classmate.

"We haven't introduce ourselves. I'm Uraraka Ochaco," the girl said in enthusiasm.

"I-I'm Deku- I mean you can call me Deku. But I'm Midoriya Izuku," this time, a boy with green hair tips said timidly. A light blush dusting his freckled cheeks.

"My name is Iida Tenya, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance," a dark blue haired boy said with a bow, a mannerism developed by students from private schools.

The trio in front of me are but a variety of personalities and yet they perfectly clicked together as a group. One is a cheerful ray of sunshine. The other is a timid lad. And the other is a prim and proper student. I wonder how I'll fit with them?

I shook my head internally with that thought.

"Hoshiko-chan, do you want to eat lunch with us?" Uraraka Ochaco asked.

I was tempted to say yes because of her seemingly vibrant attitude. But I refrain myself from doing so. Instead, I politely shook my head no.

"Thanks for the offer, Uraraka-san," I said before walking past them. Truth is, I don't want to tag with such a perfect group of friends. And I'm used to sitting alone during lunch. Although there was someone from my previous course who used to sit with me. But we rarely speak to each other.

I sat on my usual spot at the far corner of the Cafeteria and placed my tray of shrimp tempura and ramen for lunch. The place was buzzing with students that I almost lift my hands to cover my ears. There are times when I hope I was deaf just to blocked away the noises around.

I was eating my lunch when my eyes caught a familiar mismatch hair. White as snow and red as blood. That's when I notice that he, as well, was sitting alone not too far from where I sat. Had I seen him earlier, I would've offered him a seat beside me just to keep him company. Because I know all too well how lonely it is to be alone.

Even if it's someone born with everything and the people around call him fortunate, there are certain times when loneliness can make a fortunate man be unfortunate. And with that thought in mind, I decided that tomorrow, I will ask him to sit with me during lunch.

That time, I wasn't aware that while I was thinking of ways on how to approach him, a set of hetero chromic eyes were also staring at me. Whether in silent contemplation or just simply admiration, I have no idea.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

420K 11.9K 36
"A l w a y s a n d f o r e v e r" โปหขแต–แต’โฑหกแต‰สณหข โปแต—สฐแต‰ หขแต—แต’สณสธ'หข แถœสฐแตƒโฟแตแต‰แตˆ แต˜แต– แตƒ แต‡โฑแต— โปแต›โฑแต’หกแต‰โฟแถœแต‰ แตƒโฟแตˆ แตแต’สณแต‰ โปหขสทแต‰แตƒสณโฑโฟแต โปแตแต‰โฟแต—โฑแต’โฟหข แต’แถ  หขแต˜โฑแถœโฑแตˆแต‰
3.6K 162 16
Midoriya was adorable. That was all Shoto Todoroki could think as he listened to the boy ramble on about training and whatever else his brain could p...
234K 5.1K 30
{ SEASON ONE } (Y/N) (L/N) is not a huge ideal fan of heroism, nor is she too keen on being one. Villians do not excite her, neither does anything q...
115 5 6
โBakugou x Y/Nโ "Okay. But I'm gonna marry you one day, then you'll be the queen an' I can be the king!" -ห‹ห เผปโเผบ หŽหŠ- Y/N, the most beautiful girl in...