Mutated Mate [it will be edit...

By everyday_imstumblin

Adrian figures his life was over before it began due to the fact of how he looks. His mutated features is wha... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25 --teaser
chapter 25
chapter 26 :)
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
Epilogue

chapter 19

39.2K 1.2K 183
By everyday_imstumblin

LEAHS POV

I jolted awake. Staring at the familiar red walls of my room I relaxed. Before the memories of the previous day came back to me, me fainting, someone carrying me and that dream I had, they were so happy and real until they turned ugly.

 My eyes blurred as I recalled being in Adrian’s arms, his scent overcoming my senses but of course that could be a dream too.

In my dream, I felt him carry me away and put me down somewhere. He was hovering over me with a goofy smile on his lips, he was leaning forward to kiss me but then the dream transformed again and I saw Adrian in a dark, wet room. I called out to him but he never looked at me.

He was staring at a large, oval, silver-toned mirror that was floating in the middle of the dark room; he was pacing in front of the mirror, continuously watching it.

I tried to call out to him but no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t get to him or his attention towards me.

Sighing, I looked around my room I saw a bowl of water and washcloth and realised Uncle Jack must’ve brought me up here. I slumped back on my pillow. My body felt as if I had ran a triathlon and now my emotions matched that exhaustion.

Uncle Jack must’ve heard my cries because he came in with a plate of food. He opened his arms and allowed me to cry into him as he smoothed my hair. Once my muffles quieted down he managed to coax me to eat the soup he made. “Leah please, get better. You’re all I have too.” he whispered. “Did you bring me up here?” I managed to mumble and saw his eye twitch but before he could answer my body forced me into unconsciousness again.

 **************************************************************************************************************

It’s been three days of lying in bed trying to convince Uncle Jack that I was better and finally I was going to school with or without his consent… of course it was without but no need to dwell on the details.

I dressed in black skinnies and my red leather jacket and combat boots as quietly as possible and crept down the stairs before rushing out the door yelling “I’m going to school” before Uncle Jack had a chance to force me back to bed.

My bike was right where I left it days before and rather than start it up now I rolled it down the road and started it at the end of the street. Looking behind me I saw Uncle Jack with a bowl in his hand and an exasperated expression on his face. Placing my helmet on my head I screamed “Love you” and drove off with a smile on my face.

Jules and Mel were ecstatic when I entered homeroom. We, I mean by they screamed and jumped up and down, before they ranted about all the gossip I missed. Content, I listened in on my classes and felt better already just being back and doing something productive.

By lunch time I was caught up on everything I missed but forgot about the last time I was in the cafeteria. Clearly everyone else had not. They stared openly at me and whispered behind their hands about who knows what.

I looked back at the spot where I declared Adrian as mine but stepped away before my emotional turmoil became a physical one.

I studiously ignored the curious gazes and clearly Jules and Mel felt the same. As we sat down at a bench Max, Jules mate joined us with his friend Solomon; he was a repeating senior since his family and mate were killed on his last trip to his hometown in Africa, something he needed time to get over.

He was the handsome quiet type with a chocolate complexion and midnight black hair. This was overshadowed by his piercing grey eyes. Despite his past he was strong willed guy, who worked and studied, taking care of himself and never showing a hint of weakness… or at least that’s what Jules said since Mel and I were basically new.

They started chatting about random things and I gave my input once or twice, not really paying attention. That was until Jules stopped talking and looked at me.

“So he’s your mate huh” she said looking behind me. I didn’t need to turn around to know who she was talking about, I felt his presence as soon as he entered through the back door, 14 and a half minutes ago and sat down exactly 4 tables, 15 students and about 12ish meters away… not that I was counting.

Exhaling I knew this conversation was coming so I just slumped and nodded, inviting them to their questions. Mel placed a hand on my shoulder and Solomon at least had the decency to continue eating as if nothing changed.

“I’m not going to ask why you didn’t tell us that’s up to you but I only mention it because that’s probably the reason your getting sick” she said, concern in her eyes.

Looking up, my eyebrows confused “Huh?” I articulated. Even Melissa looked confused.

“Leahhh” she said annoyed, “How many mated couples have you been around. Surely you know that if the couples meet and they aren’t claimed something bad happens… one or the other dies” exhaling quietly.

Before I had a chance to reply Mel butted in “What! But surely that can’t be. I’m not uhh, is that why Leah’s sick?” she asked, worry etched on her face. Baffled at her reaction I opened my mouth but Jules cut across me

“It’s only if they have made a physical and emotional bond  such as a kiss or a hug, something meaningful that the bond is strengthened but if it’s not completed then it becomes weak and someone gets hurt” she whispered; Max giving her a comforting hug.

Beside me I saw Mel’s shoulders lower in relief “Max didn’t immediately claim me when we met because I didn’t know him, and frankly he was a bit of an idiot…” and I tuned out of Jules reminiscing.

I did what I told myself I wouldn’t do and turned to look at Adrian. Was this what was happening to me? I was doomed to die because my mate didn’t want to claim me?

Grudgingly it made sense; the mates bond is the strongest and breaking it, affects the wolves and therefore their human counterparts.

Unable to take the newest revelation, whatever energy I had drained from me and I felt my back fall towards the floor, a massive headache sprung forth out of nowhere and my eyes rolled to the back of my head; I thought I saw Adrian jump, concern on his face, blackness dotted my eyesight and the last coherent thought I had was ‘Not again’.

 ************************************************************************************************************

As if waking up in the first aid room disorienting enough, having 7 pairs of eyes on you would easily send anyone back into dream land. Starting from the right I looked at each person trying to organize their emotions. Uncle Jack was first, his eyes were narrowed and jaw taught, anger and worry swirling in his eyes, and no doubt he was remembering my little stunt this morning.

Giving him a sneaky grin as I turned to Jules and Max, concern and sympathy eroding from them and was a little surprised to see Solomon behind Mel, looking at her with troubled eyes as Mel continued to cry into what was an already sodden tissue.

The nurse was looking at me calculating, visually looking for any signs of distress or injury and finally I turned to end up looking into Zack’s eyes. Disappointment washed over me. He wasn’t who I wanted to see but then feeling guilty at my thoughts I gave him a small smile realizing he must’ve been the one to bring me here since his scent was the most distinguishable and prominent.

“She’s awake now everybody leave” the nurse suddenly called, breaking the silence “Out, out” she shooed and Jules, Max, Mel and Solomon silently left but not before giving me encouraging looks and smiles as they did.

Only Zack and Uncle Jack stayed rooted to their spots on either side of the bed. I closed my eyes sensing Uncle Jack’s speech coming on and he didn’t disappoint “I told you not to go to school, who told you to ride your bike, you didn’t even eat! Going around acting like a hooligan without any regard for your health.  Are you trying to age me! I’ll be having a heart attack before you know it”, werewolves don’t have heart attacks I thought but wisely didn’t comment, doubting he’d appreciate my sarcasm right now.

I tuned out of the rest of his rant as he paced up and down and turned back to Zack. He was slightly amused at Uncle Jack’s words but didn’t comment. He just looked at me, his eyes starting at my hair, my eyes and down my nose to my lips before coming up again to hold my gaze. I felt troubled yet flattered. He had an unidentifiable emotion in his eyes but his face was quirked.

I was about to say something but realised it had gone silent. I turned to Uncle Jack and saw him epically annoyed; no doubt he noticed I wasn’t paying attention. “C’mon we’re going home” and he turned to talk to the nurse. Zack quickly stood up and before I realised he had kissed my cheek. “I’ll see you soon” he breathed and walked away.

I watched him go and slowly got out of bed. My legs were still a bit wobbly and Uncle Jack lent an arm to support me. As I exited the office I closed my eyes. I could smell him, there wasn’t any need to look I could pin point exactly where he was.

Ignoring the loneliness I felt I walked with my head held high and entered the car. Not once looking back because he didn’t need to see the pain he was causing me.

Mel’s POV (We love you Mel! screw Zack)

I watched as Zack stared at Leah as she was heading home, inside the nurses office being so close to him was enough to break me down. I couldn’t help the bit of jealousy as I watched him sit next to her, worry on his face. Thank god I had a reason to cry otherwise it would’ve been a bit awkward.

Walking to my car I sat down and closed my eyes. As much as I was worried about Leah I couldn’t stand to be in his presence. She was my friend and I didn’t want to blame her so I left as soon as I could. I didn’t understand why the fates would pair me up with someone so evil. He didn’t even look a bit perplexed when he saw me. Evil bastard.

Lost in my own world I jolted when the door next to me opened and Solomon sat down. He didn’t say anything at my stuttering face but just took my hand. Too confused to react I just sat there looking at him, his gaze straight ahead and our linked hands in between us. Realizing he wasn’t going to do anything I opened my mouth to ask him what in the world he was doing but stopped short when a deep husky, slightly accented voice filled the silence “It’s okay. I am here now.”

I waited for him to continue but he didn’t. He just looked ahead as if this was completely normal. Sighing in defeat I held onto his hand a little tighter and closed my eyes, silent tears running down my face. This was it. I needed someone else to make me realize the severity of the situation. I would never know why my mate didn’t want me but I wasn’t going to let that stop me.

Already I felt heart strengthen a bit.

I glanced over at the man next to me; his strong jaw line was firm and his glowing grey eyes looking at nothing. Sensing my ogling he turned and slowly lifted his hand, a thumb wiping my tear streaked cheeks. As I stared into his captivating eyes I saw something in it. It was admiration, pain, trouble and strength all at once, my own eyes widened in alarm and I froze.

I felt a stirring within me, my heartbeat tripled and without either of us saying anything we shared a moment so profound and unique, everything else just disappeared. It was as if he was looking within me and taking everything bad away. Gasping, I tore my gaze away, my breathing labored and thought Zack be damned.

I was never his to claim in the first place.

****

AHHH I LOVE THE LAST LINE

I was never his to claim in the first place. *dramatic music*

Mels' like a boss, raise your hand if you like Mel. *raise hand*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 6.9K 50
- Sequel to Only on camera - In which, They both question if they will ever find their way back to each other
133K 4.8K 60
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
298K 6K 53
She's the girl that I want to spend my life with. She's the one who's making me damn crazy. She's Darlene Michelle Miranda.
4.2M 152K 59
~NOT EDITED~ ~RE-WRITTEN VERSION AS FROM 09 JANUARY 2023~ A princess. The first thing that come to your mind when you think of a princess is someon...