My Bad [Lashton AU]

By iCheeseYou

"What if I have a tiny crush on a guy who doesn't even know I exist? How do I get his attention?" Ashton fina... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 pt I
Chapter 26 pt II
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
Extra Chapter

Chapter 29

31.1K 1.1K 1.4K
By iCheeseYou

"You get the spaghetti sticks and I'll get the Prego," I told Luke.

"You're a guy," he said, a smirk forming on his face. I rolled my eyes at his lame joke.

"You're an idiot."

"I'm your idiot."

"Yes, you are."

We shared a short kiss before we split off to different directions. I made my way over to the aisle of sauces. I looked over to where the one I was looking for should be. When I found it I reached for it, but then another hand was trying to get it as well and our fingers brushed. The person pulled back and I instinctively did the same.

"Sorry," the person muttered before looking at me. My eyes widened when I saw who it was. "Oh, well if it isn't you."

"Wh-Why are you here?" I asked.

"What other reason would I be here other than shopping?" Mason then grabbed the jar of Prego and handed it to me. "I believe you want this?"

"But didn't you want it, too?" I hesitantly took the jar from his hand.

"There's more, you know." He grabbed the next jar and tossed it up in the air before catching it in his hand. He set it down into a basket that was beside his feet. "You came alone?"

"Why are you talking to me so casually? Don't you hate me?"

"We won the football game last night. I'm in a good mood, don't ruin it. I don't know how you got out of the closet either, but I'm going to let that slide." Then he began to approach me, and I took steps back.

"What-"

Suddenly Luke came out of nowhere from behind me and slammed Mason up against the shelves. I gasped as they shook and was surprised that nothing fell off.

"What the fuck are you doing here with Ashton?" Luke hissed, his eyes glaring right into Mason's.

"Calm down, mate, he and I were just chatting," Mason said nonchalantly. "Besides, I'm buying stuff as well."

"Don't fucking 'mate' me. You've been on my bad side since you started bothering Ashton."

"Luke, come on," I began, tugging on his arm, "let's just go. We're drawing attention." There were eyes staring right at us, and it was making me uncomfortable.

Mason shoved Luke off of him and dusted himself off. "I'm not wasting my time here. This guy here is ruining you, Luke. You weren't even there when we won the game at the last second. Won by a point, thanks to me."

"I wasn't feeling too well," Luke said.

"Bullfuckingshit. You were perfectly fine. You left to be with him. I see the look you give him, and I can tell he's a distraction. If you don't pull your head out of the clouds, then you'll get kicked off the team."

"He's my responsibility."

"Not now, he isn't. Only at school, remember? Of course, you wouldn't, because you're head over heels for him." Mason then looked at me. It seems like his happy mood is gone. "Do you even know what you do to him?"

I gulped when his eyes seemed to burn into me.

"He's easily distracted during practice, and he leaves during the middle of our first game of the year just to be with you. Yes, you should be flattered, but think of him once in a while. You're not helping him at all."

"Shut up, Mason," Luke snapped before grabbing my wrist. "We're going now."

"I'm telling you this for your own good!" Luke didn't even pay any attention to Mason after that, but his words were stuck in my head.

Luke told me he left, but I don't think he ever told me why. Was it really because of me?

Did Luke really abandon his team just to be with me? Am I really a distraction?

I can't allow myself to get in the way of Luke and football. Or anything for that matter.

After Luke and I bought the spaghetti sticks and the sauce we got into my car and drove back to my place. The car ride was quiet, and not the good kind. Luke was staring out the window, and the tension was so strong you could cut it with a knife.

By the time we reached my house I killed the engine and I was going to climb out of the car, but then Luke yanked me back in.

"Luke!" I shouted, but he just wrapped his arms around me.

"Don't listen to Mason," he said. "He doesn't know what he's talking about."

"Um..."

"You're not a distraction, I swear." He paused for a moment. "Well, you are on my mind a lot, but you're not distracting me from anything."

"That sounds to me like I am a distraction," I spoke softly. "Why did you leave then?"

"Hm?"

"The game yesterday. Why did you leave early?"

"Like I told Mason, I wasn't feeling well."

"But you seemed fine to me when you were at the..."

He really did leave the game for me.

"Ashton, I-" I pulled out of his arms and stormed off into my house. I hooked the keys onto the hanger I wasn't angry at him, no. I couldn't be angry at him. I was more angry at myself, because I'm just a distraction.

I'm just getting in his way.

"Ashton, wait!" Luke called after. "Please, don't be mad at me. Okay, I was feeling well, but there's a reason why I left the game yesterday!"

"Yeah? And what reason is that?" I asked, but it sounded more angry than I wanted it to be.

"I... I got worried, okay? When Calum told me you weren't at your fifth period class I freaked out. I didn't know what happened to you and I had to make sure you were okay. I was going to go after the game, but I couldn't... focus..." Luke just now realized what he was pretty much saying to me.

"You said I wasn't distracting you," I whispered, "but what you just told me now is telling me the complete opposite of what you said before."

"You're not distracting me from football. Really." Then he wore some expression on his face. It looked like... fear? "You're not going to leave me... are you?"

I don't want to leave him, but...

When I didn't answer Luke pulled me into his arms, holding me tightly. "Nononononononono, don't do this! Please, Ash, I finally got you, and I'm not letting you go!"

"You're so loud," was all I said, laughing weakly.

"This isn't something to joke about. Don't do this to me. Tell me you're not leaving."

"... You sure I'm not distracting you at all?"

"I'm very sure."

As much as I'd like to believe that, I don't. But I'll just have to see where this takes us.

"Let's go see what Michael and Cal are up to," Luke suggested. I nodded as he took my hand in his and led me up to my room. They're most likely in there, I'm sure.

Luke opened the door and, sure enough, they were in there. Michael was sitting on a chair typing away on his phone and Calum was asleep on my bed.

Michael glanced up at us and waved. "Hi," he greeted.

"Hey," I said back. "You texting someone?"

"Yeah, just talking to Geordie."

"About what?"

"She wanted to know if I could meet up with her today, but I just told her I'm a bit busy right now." Then his eyes landed on the sleeping Calum. He moved his chair closer to the bed and ran his fingers through Calum's hair. "I have this guy to watch over."

"You can leave now," Luke said in a monotonous tone.

"I'm still staying. Besides, I don't want to leave without eating anything."

Freaking Michael.

"Luke and I will be in the kitchen making spaghetti," I informed Michael as I entwined my fingers into Luke's.

"Spaghetti is love," Michael laughed. "Spaghetti is life." Luke turned around and gave him a weirded out look.

"Did you just-"

"Come on, Luke!" I interrupted before shoving him out of my room and towards the kitchen. "Get the stuff from the car. We're going to start making the spaghetti."

------

"Luke! You're getting the sauce everywhere!" I yelled when he was flicking the spoon covered in Prego around.

"I can't stop!" he exclaimed, laughing. "My hands have a mind on their own!" I grabbed his wrists and he managed to get sauce on my face. I let out a short squeal as I managed to finally stop his arms from flailing all around.

"You've managed to get it on my face and clothes." I looked down at my shirt that had sauce splattered all over it. It's a good thing I was wearing a black shirt.

Luke leaned in and licked my face and I flinched away. "Oh, my God!"

"Face is clean now," he beamed. I let go of him, took the spoon out of his hand, and set it down on an empty plate. "Hey, look! My hands are no longer possessed!"

"Dork," I laughed, but then he pushed me up against the kitchen counter, throwing his hands behind me and grabbing my bum. "Luke!"

Then he brought his face closer to mine. "My bad," he whispered before pressing our lips together before they began moving with each other. The feeling of his lips against mine was causing the butterflies in my stomach to madly move around. He gave me a small squeeze, emitting a moan from my lips. He took the opportunity to push his tongue into my mouth, brushing it against mine.

I pulled away, leaving a trail of saliva that connected our lower lips. "This can wait. We should get the spaghetti done already."

"One more." Luke moved in to steal another kiss from me, one of his hands slipping in between my legs from behind. He began rubbing from there and I gasped at the feeling, burying my face into the crook of his neck while my fingers tangled into his shirt.

"N-Not now," I whimpered, pushing his hand from me. I walked away from a pouting Luke and went over to the sink, covering my hands with soap and then rinsing it off with water. I looked over at Luke who was still standing in the same spot. "Go wash your hands. You're not touching anything until you do."

"Fine," he sighed, but I knew he was pretending to be sad. He went over to me, planted a quick kiss on my cheek, and began washing his hands.

"Ahem."

I twisted around and saw Lauren. I couldn't exactly read what she was thinking, but she looked surprised.

"Yeah, Lauren?" I asked, using Luke's shirt to wipe my wet hands. He frowned at me and poked my side, causing me to flinch.

"That was an interesting show," she began, "but keep that for your room, please."

She saw us. Damn it, Luke.

"Pardon me," Luke chimed in, pretending to sound as if he was of a higher class, "I just can't seem to keep my hands off of your brother."

"Okay, first of all, ew, and second of all, what are we having for dinner?"

"Spaghetti."

Lauren shook her head, letting out a sigh. "Not surprised by that." Then she rushed off and I turned myself to face Luke and smacked him in the stomach. He was just laughing while his arm was pressed against where I hit him.

"Did you really have to tell her that?" I quizzed, feigning a glare in his direction.

"Would you rather have me lie to your sister?" Luke asked. "I don't think so."

"Can we just make the spaghetti already?" Luke nodded before we returned to what we were originally doing.

------

"If you're going to make spaghetti you should've invited Harry over," Michael said as he took in the mess in the kitchen. "At least he knows what to do with the food."

There were noodles and Prego sauce everywhere, and I blame it all on Luke. He thought it'd be funny to have a food fight, and I was dumb enough to keep it going.

"Luke's fault," I stated, pointing at Luke. I saw him look at me with wide eyes.

"Are you serious?" he laughed. "You let it happen as well!" I wiped some sauce that was on my face and flicked it in his direction before he tackled me into a hug.

"You two are weird," Michael sighed, shaking his head, "but love has that effect on people."

Then I saw Calum come around the corner, rubbing sleep from his eyes.

"Mikey?" he asked. "Why did you leave me?"

"I just heard Luke and Ashton frickle frackling in the kitchen," Michael answered. "No big deal."

"We didn't do such a thing!" I yelled.

"Not yet."

"Let's be serious now," Luke chimed in, wiping sauce from his face before wiping it on his jeans. "We should really make this dinner already. Michael, Cal, do you want to-"

"No, thank you," the two chorused at once before they walked away, probably back to my room.

"... Well, then."

"Hopefully we'll have enough spaghetti for everyone," I said, looking around the kitchen to see noodles laying all over the place. "It looks like we're running low on spaghetti."

"If that's the case, then I won't eat so everyone can have more food."

"Luke..." I frowned, because that was horrible.

"Sorry, sorry. Okay, let's get this mess cleaned up." Luke took up one section while I took up another, cleaning off sauce and picking up strings of spaghetti. I carried the noodles to an empty bowl and dumped them inside. Maybe I could wash it again and it'll still be good to go. I can't say the same about the sauce, however.

"I still blame you for this mess," I muttered.

"I take full responsibility," Luke responded. "Are you going to punish me?"

"No comment."

"Yeah, I know you can't do that. I top."

"We're not discussing this."

"I'm a sexy topper."

"Luke..."

"I could fuck you into next year."

"I DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING!" I twisted around and saw my little brother screaming and covering his ears, shouting that his ears are still innocent.

"Oh, my God, Luke!" I buried my face into my hands and just groaned. He's such an idiot, I swear.

I felt his arms slip around my waist and he pulled me close. "Are you going to punish me now?"

"That's enough out of you," I said. "Let's just please finish making the spaghetti." He pecked a chaste kiss on my cheek before pulling away.

"I'm a good boy," he sang. "I'm Ashton's good boy." I just laughed at him before I resumed back to work.

Luke Hemmings is the idiot that I'm dating. But I love him, anyway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 1.7K 59
Uh.. Hi? (Co writing with oh-my-lashton, I'm doing Luke's entries and she's doing Ashton's ! ) Warning: boyxboy, self harm, eating disorder, mentions...
10.7K 383 13
Luke and Ashton. With a hint of others. Warnings: triggering subjects, some are pretty sad, most are really long, and no I don't write full on smut...
20.6K 843 23
Ashton + Luke ~ Things happen for a reason...right? Everything has a cause, right? Right. Or...maybe not? ~ [Trigger warning: graphic scenes and dep...
178K 1.6K 126
I write a bunch of preferences, some mine, some not. You can always request one if you would like a speciel one :)