FADED ▷ Sam Winchester [2]

By mwthatcher3

❝ And I'm faded away you know I used to be on fire And I'm standing in the ashes ... More

PREVIOUSLY
1 | WAY DOWN WE GO
2 | SHOUT AT THE DEVIL
4 | ANGRY SPICE
5 | PHONE CALL
6 | REUNION
7 | REST IN PEACE
8 | DYING IN L.A.
9 | READY AIM FIRE
10 | TURNING PAGE
11 | DAMN DRAMA
12 | UNDER ARREST
13 | FOLSOM PRISON BLUES
14 | THE WINCHESTER WAY
15 | HELLO, BROTHER
16 | RIGHT VS WRONG
17 | LILY SUNDER
18 | SMELL THE ROSES
19 | IN MY HEAD
20 | SLOW FADE
21 | HOLD ON
22 | DANCE OF THE CLAIRVOYANTS
23 | TO DIE FOR
24 | FORCED CONVALESCENCE
25 | WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?
26 | LEVEL OF CONCERN
27 | TRUTH HURTS
28 | HURTS TO BE HUMAN
29 | LOOK WHAT I'VE BECOME
30 | TUESDAY'S GONE
31 | DOIN' TIME
32 | SIDE EFFECTS
33 | TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
BOOK 3 | HAUNTED

3 | ANGEL IN DISTRESS

4.1K 138 83
By mwthatcher3

A/N: I switch the point of view a couple times in this chapter, just a little warning

I actually cover my mouth with my hand after I punch him. I didn't mean to, I mean, I did, but it was just instinct. Last time I saw him, he was possessed by Lucifer.

"Castiel!" I exclaim, half mad at myself for punching him, and half mad at him for showing up at my motel room last minute, without even warning me first. I debate whether or not to yell at him for surprising me or apologize. For the first time in a long time, I take the high road. "I'm sorry!" I say, making sure he's okay. He stumbled back a bit when I punched him. "Last I saw you, you were the devil."

"Oh," Castiel says, wiping the little bit of blood at the edge of his lip. He doesn't seem mad, so I guess that's good. "I should have called ahead of time. I'm sorry."

"I guess we're even then," I say, smiling a little. "What do you need?" I ask him, surprising myself a little. I'm usually never in a mood to help people, especially after 'helping' Crowley and Rowena with Lucifer. Something about this angel just attracts my attention.

No, I'm not attracted to him like that.

"Um..." he begins, then peeks his head in the room a little bit, like he's making sure there's no one else in here.

"Okay, just come inside," I say, laughing a little at his awkwardness and gesturing for him to come in. I open the door wider and move out of his way and then close the door behind him.

"I, uh, I need your help," he says, surprising me a little. I'm not opposed to helping him, it's just that we hardly know each other, why would he ask me for help?

"Can't you just ask Sam or something?" I ask, crossing my arms. I'm not sure about what happened to Dean, so I don't mention his name.

Cas pauses a moment, glancing at the wall before looking back to me with a serious expression on his face. "That's actually what I need help with."

My face falls and my hands drop to my sides. I take a little step towards him, feeling panic rise in me. "Cas, what happened to Sam?"

•••

Less than fifteen minutes later, Cas and I are in his Ford truck driving down the road to Aldrich, Missouri. Luckily I was already in Missouri so the ride shouldn't be too long.

"And you didn't recognize the girl?" I ask the angel in the driver's seat. I guess Cas and Sam had returned to the bunker, and there was this blonde haired woman standing in wait for them. She had an angel banishing symbol on the wall, so she easily got rid of Cas. By the time he got back to the bunker, they were both gone, and there was blood on the floor.

"She spoke with an English accent," Castiel informs me, letting me know that the answer to my question is no. "And, no, I didn't recognize her," he adds.

"Okay," I say, sighing. "Why did you come to me? What makes you think I can help you find him?"

"Chuck said that your soul is tinted," Cas tells me. My face drops again, my jaw clenching. "Tinted souls form deep connections with the ones they love. It could help." I actually roll my eyes at this.

"Chuck didn't say anything about that," I say, making a face.

"Well, it's true," Cas tells me. "And from what Dean has told me–"

"Dean... Dean's alive?" I ask, sitting up in the seat and looking at Cas in disbelief.

"Yes," Cas responds. "And so is his mother." My eyes widen, totally not expecting this. Cas glances at me, noticing my expression. "It's– a long story."

"Wait," I put my hand in the air and shift in my seat so I'm completely facing Cas. I guess I forgot about the seatbelt. "Does Dean know I'm helping you?" The look on Cas' face is enough of an answer, but he actually answers me as well.

"He specifically told me not to get you involved," Cas admits. I actually smile a little at this, amused.

"Whoa, you're just a little rebel, aren't you?" I say before plopping down in my seat the right way. I roll my window down and set my elbow on it, glancing up at the night sky. It's a perfect night to be driving with the window down. The wind isn't enough to shake my worry, though. I hope Sam is okay.

•••

~Third person POV~

Bailey is nothing like how Dean described her to be. Castiel assumed she would be evil like Dean said. He assumed she wouldn't be willing to help him. But she did; she even apologized for punching him. He definitely didn't expect that.

He turns his head away from the road for a second to look at her. She is singing along quietly to the radio, which she turned on a few miles back. She asked if it was okay if she picked the music, and then she asked if it was too loud. She also asked if her singing was bothering Cas. It wasn't. Cas doesn't say anything, but he actually likes hearing her sing. She doesn't belt the lyrics out, she just sings a little quietly and bobs her head, tapping her fingers against her leg. Something about this just makes the angel feel calm.

Castiel has seen all kinds of evil, and Bailey is far from it.

~ Bailey's POV~

We arrive to Aldrich in the middle of the night. I dozed off a couple times, but then jerk awake when we hit a pothole in the road. Some of these roads aren't so good.

"Stop!" I yell suddenly as I feel a weird sensation. It's like someone tied ropes to me and is pulling them hard. Maybe that's the feeling Cas was talking about. Maybe I'm sensing something.

Cas stops the truck. I turn back and glance around, seeing a road going to the right a little ways behind us. "We got to go that way," I tell Cas. "I felt something. Might be Sam."

Cas shifts the truck and backs up, before turning into the road. We drive like that for a little while, me feeling a pull in different directions while we are driving and leading Cas. I can only hope that we're close to finding Sam.

We finally stop outside a farmhouse, on the other side of town. After making a few phone calls, I figure out that it was rented two weeks ago to a woman with a British accent, and I mentally cheer. Then Castiel says something about how it is also warned against angels, at which point I turn to him with a bitch-face.

"You need to call Dean," I tell Castiel as I start to walk towards the house. We've been lurking outside for a few hours, not really going any further. Cas really can't, but that doesn't mean I have to stay back as well.

"What are you doing?" The angel asks as he pulls his phone and begins to dial Dean's number.

"I'm going to check it out," I say indifferently.

"I don't think that's a good idea," Castiel says, but I'm not stopping. "You should wait for Dean." I stop in my steps and take a deep breath before turning to face the trench-coated angel.

"Oh, I'll be long gone by the time Dean gets here," I tell him, making sure my pistol is secure against my waistband. "I just want to check it out, see what I can do." I turn back around and start walking again.

"Be careful," Cas calls after me. I wave my hand but don't say anything. I'm always careful.

My boots get wet as I walk through the grass, because it is still wet with morning dew. I take my gun into my hands as I walk around the outside of the house.

Around the back, I get hopeful as I see some double doors leading to a basement. I try to pull them up a little, but they are locked. Big surprise.

I glance around before leaning forward, trying to peek through the cracks in the doors. "Sam?" I say, trying to be loud and quiet at the same time, but that's harder than you think. I don't want those damn brits to hear me, but I need Sam to hear me.

I try not to think about what Sam's reaction will be when he sees me. No, it doesn't matter. What matters is getting him out of there, away from these crazy people.

Thinking fast, I bring my gun up and shoot the lock on the handles. I cringe at the loud noise, but cheer internally at the fact that I didn't miss. It's not too surprising though, because I never miss.

I pull open the doors and go down into the basement, my eyes adjusting quickly to the change of light. I notice Sam immediately, tied up to a chair in the middle of the room. His head is hanging so I can't see his face. He didn't look up when I walked inside, I can only hope he's still alive.

"Sam?" I say, trying to be quiet. When I get no answer, I press my fingers to his neck and get a pulse, feeling a little relieved.

I cringe and try to be gentle as I undo his restraints. He is bleeding in some places, his face a little cut up. "Sammy, come on," I mumble in frustration as I notice that there are restraints holding his feet too, but it looks like they need a key.

"Bailey," Sam's voice comes out, tired and scratchy. But he's okay. He manages to lift his head a little to look at me.

"Yeah," I say, feeling guilty already. Maybe if I hadn't left he wouldn't be in this situation, I could've helped him if I was there.

"You came back," he says quietly. I'm glad he's not yelling at me, but it's probably because he doesn't have the energy. Though, he doesn't seem like the type to yell anyway.

"Just take it easy," I say, letting my hand linger a little on his. He reacts at this, squeezing back.

"Where am I?" He asks, as I use my lock pick to try and open up the leg restraints.

"Missouri," I reply instantly. "Just out of Aldrich. Cas is outside. There's angel warding, so he couldn't come in. These are a bitch." I try helplessly to get the things unlocked but they just aren't budging.

"Hang on, I'm going to–" I stand up, ready to try something else when something hits me hard on the head. "Bitch," I say breathlessly, not knocked out yet, but it still hurt. I barely make out a head of blonde hair– darker than my own– before falling completely unconscious.

When I wake up, I feel something holding my hands up. My vision is blurry for a few moments. I see this pair of chains hanging from the ceiling, keeping my hands up. I immediately start panicking, pulling desperately on the chains for a few moments until my wrists start to hurt.

I should have waited for Dean.

I turn my head to look at Sam, who's at my left. He looks at me, and I can tell that he's tired. According to Cas, it's been a week since he's been gone. A week in this hell hole, getting tortured by these British men of letters. Well, one in particular.

For a moment, I just look at Sam's eyes. I remember a year ago, first meeting Sam and Dean at Jody's house. I remember gazing at Sam in infatuation and trying to pick out the color of his eyes, but it seemed like there were many colors mixed, and I couldn't pinpoint one in particular. But now, they just look brown, or maybe it's just because it's dark here in this cellar.

I want to say something to him, apologize, something, but before I can even consider what I could say to make up for what I did, that blonde haired British bitch appears and she comes down the stairs.

"Oh, good, you're awake," she tells me in her sickly sweet British accents. Ever since reading the Harry Potter books and watching the movies, I've loved British accents, but I'm afraid this bitch might ruin that for me. "Perhaps you'll prove to be more useful than Sam."

I don't say anything.

"I need names and locations of hunters," the British bitch says. I don't know her name, and I don't really care, so I'll just refer to her as the British bitch.

She goes on to say nonsense about how London has a much more skilled, professional group of hunters than we do here. It sounds like they want to try and get in touch with American hunters to work with them. Of course, she could be nicer about it. She didn't have to go to the lengths of kidnapping Sam.

    "So, names and locations?" Toni Bevell asks, ready with the pen and paper as if I will say anything, like I was swayed at all by her little speech.

   I scoff. "You think I'm going to help you? You're dumber than you look."

    She purses her lips together but doesn't look the least bit offended by what I said. She stands up from the chair, putting the pen and pad down. She walks slowly over to her table of torturing 'tools' before slipping her fingers into a set of brass knuckles. I sigh again. Torture isn't what it used to be anymore. I get punched all the time.

    The bravado wears off when she steps towards me and punches me hard in the face. Yeah, I may get punched all the time, but never with those freaking brass knuckles.

    "Screw you," I mutter, tasting the metallic tingle of blood in my mouth.

   A few minutes and a few punches later, I hear a noise upstairs. This gets the British Bitch's attention as well, and she slowly puts down the torturing tools, going upstairs without a word.

    I breathe in relief, glad to have her away from me, even if it's just a moment. I feel some blood in my mouth so I spit it to the side. The side of my head is throbbing and I bet it's bleeding too.

    "Are you okay?" I hear Sam ask me.

    "I can't wait to kill her," I say. My mouth hurts so I don't say anything else.

"Bailey–" Sam begins, but the door at the top of the stairs jerks open to reveal the blonde bitch again.

"Screw yourself," Sam says.

The British Bitch reaches her hand the spot next to her hidden by the wall and pulls Dean into our vision. He is bound at the wrists with chains. What is it with this lady and chains?

"Dean," Sam says quietly as she drags Dean down the stairs and hooks the chains up towards the ceiling. Now he is stuck standing next to Sam, unable to move.

"I'm as happy to see him as you are," the bitch says. "'Cause while you may be able to withstand my snapping apart your body joint by joint, can you watch it happen to Dean?"

***

A/N: I'm so sorry I haven't updated in two weeks, I've had insane writers block with this chapter, but the next one should come much quicker!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.2K 1.9K 35
When your cousin comes back from a job with his best friend who he always talks about, your cousin wants you to meet him. Why wouldn't he want you t...
62.1K 2.3K 103
"one night he wakes strange look on his face pauses, then says 'you're my best friend' and you knew what it was he is in love" - "you are in love" by...
85.5K 2.5K 25
Spn one shots and preferences where YOU are the main character! NOTE: This series has been discontinued (and has been for nearly two years). Please...
772K 26.6K 61
[Season 5] In small towns, everyone knows everyone. But do they really? Dakota Bailey had everything she could have ever asked for. Just like a snap...