Uchiha Hana

By EmmyLee_

Hana Uchiha, born of Izuna and Sana Uchiha was left orphaned the day after she was born. Raised by her uncle... More

1. The Two Brothers
2. Fleeting Moments
3. The Academy
4. A Team
5. Tobirama Senju
6. Water and Fire
7. Fireworks and the Talk
8. The Mission
Omake #1
10. Earning Rank
Omake #2
11. Blood
12. Red
13. Bitter
14. Dark
15. Will
16. Awake
17. Steel Dance
Omake #3
18. Quenched
19. Reunions
20. Partings
Omake #4
21. Pleading
22. Tears
23. Demons
Part Two
24. Gold and Silver
25. Undertones
Omake: Final
26. Second Thoughts
27. Uchiha
Biography
Part Three
28. Return to Life
29. Vermillion
30. Break and Bleed
31. Resurrection

9. The Chunin Exams

8.2K 337 116
By EmmyLee_

  Hana held the slip of paper in her hands. Her application for the Chunin Exams.

  Tobirama stood in front of them, his arms crossed. "The Chunin Exams are a prestigious honor as well as being demanding. It has taken countless lives before. It is your choice whether you wish to proceed or not."

  After a long moment, Homura and Koharu stepped down, declaring that they would take the exam next year when they were better prepared. Hana and Hiruzen remained. The two exchanged a glance. "As I expected," Tobirama said flatly, "I will ask again. Do you wish to take the Exams despite the probability of death?"

  Hana nodded as did Hiruzen.

Now the day of the exam had finally arrived. Due to there being a need for three man teams in the exam, Tobirama said that he would find a suitable member. Hana had meanwhile trained rigorously with her uncle to prepare for the exams. When the day arrived, she strapped on her sandals and filled her pouch with kunai. After tying her hitai-ate securely around her forehead, she beamed at her reflection. She saw a pudgy little girl with scrunched up cheeks. Clearing her throat, she held herself tall and wiped off the smile on her face, replacing it with a frown in an effort to look more intimidating.

  In the end, Hana just ditched the idea and walked out with a neutral, emotionless expression. Her uncle wished her luck as always but frowned when he saw the smiling child looking so cold and emotionless. She only replied with a 'hnn' at every question as Madara sweatdropped.

  Hana was unable to keep up the facade longer, however, when she saw a familiar figure beside Hiruzen and Tobirama. "Hiro!" She exclaimed as she dashed to her red headed Uzumaki friend, who stumbled backwards when she engulfed him into a hug.

  "Off....get off!" He wheezed, but the Uchiha heiress was adamant.

  "Are you going to be our third teammate?!" Hana asked brightly.

   Hiro pushed her off as Hana landed back on the ground. Hiruzen watched this exchange in amusement. "Yeah, I'm going to join your team for the Chunin Exams," Hiro said tonelessly, "believe me, it wasn't my first choice."

Hana grinned as Hiro rolled his eyes.

"I wish you three the best of luck," Tobirama said, jolting them back to reality, his red eyes narrowed, "but you will need more than skill to be promoted to Chunin."

"Don't worry, Tobirama-sensei—" Hana saluted him, grinning, "we'll do great!"

Hiruzen smiled down at the little girl while Tobirama fixed her with a stare before he nodded curtly. The three of them entered the building where they would take the written exam.

To tell the truth, Hana was rather bored with it all. Despite being centered around the battlefield and the thrill of fighting, she had an adept mind that was quick to analyze situations. The test was notoriously easy for her as she breezed through the questions. To little surprise, Team Tobirama finished the quickest as well as pulling off the highest scores for the written exam.

The next test was in the Forest of Death. Numerous traps were sprung as well deadly creatures attacking from all sides. The purpose of this assessment was to fight through the other teams and display their skills. The other team didn't stand a chance. Hiruzen and Hana were both prodigies of their own generations. Hana's eyes would shift from lighthearted to cold and focused as she dispatched their opponents with ease. Along with that, they had a talented medical nin at their side. Hiro could heal their injuries at a blink of an eye, as Hiruzen began to understand why their sensei had brought the young boy into their team.

The final stage was a one on one battle. Hiro's name was chosen first. His opponent was a well seasoned genin, who smirked at his opponent. "I heard that you are a medical nin—" he sneered, "what a disgrace for a shinobi to take a kunoichi's job."

Hiro didn't reply, just stared boredly ahead.

A few jeers were heard. Hiruzen's fist was clenched and Hana's eyes narrowed.

Be calm.

"I will beat you in no time, and maybe then, you will learn to stay in the hospital—" the genin smirked.

Hana ran to the baluster before she cried at the top of her lungs, "Kick his butt, Hiro!"

Hiro looked up at the place where Hana stood, her eyes bright and pumping her fist into the air. "Tch," he scoffed, "so annoying."

"Who is that pipsqueak?" His opponent asked, eyes narrowed.

"That pipsqueak can probably beat you into next week," Hiro returned, his eyes focusing on the front, "but let's stop this lovely conversation and begin our fight."

He made the Seal of Confrontation as his opponent scoffed.

"Do you think some medical nin like you can beat me?" He asked.

"I'm no ordinary medical nin," Hiro replied coolly as the proctor for the exams swiped the flag into the air and began the fight.

Hiro had good speed as he blocked his opponent's taijutsu strikes. Hana could see that he had been practicing. He took the opponent off guard by going on the offensive, his hands buzzing with chakra. Chakra scalpels. Hana saw him go off with a burst of speed, aiming towards vital areas as his opponent tried to dodge all of his attacks. Hiro jerked back when a kunai swiped near his throat and made the hand signs for the clone jutsu.

"Heh, you think you can beat me with—" his opponent started but not before Hiro used his clones as a diversion. Vaulting over his shoulder, Hiro jabbed at his abdomen. It was a slight touch and a touch was all that was needed.

His opponent fell backwards as Hiro turned at a safe distance, eyes narrowing.

"Is that all you got—" the genin rasped but as he tried to stand up, he fell back down again. Hana's eyes widened as she saw the genin unable to move.

Hana saw slight electricity buzz at Hiro's fingertips. "I messed with your nerve endings," he said coolly, "your movement is now inhibited."

Hana could see the result. If the genin moved his right hand, his foot would move instead. When did Hiro learn such advanced medical ninjutsu? She knew he was talented, but not like this.

"You...you bastard!" The genin snarled before he made one last attempt.

To his credit, he figured that the way to overcome this was to move the opposite limb. He swung his shuriken at Hiro who dodged them before bringing back his fist.

Hana saw it in that one instant.

Chakra pooled into his fist as it met his opponent's jaw. There was an explosive moment where his chakra was then released, sending the genin flying backwards before slumping unconscious. Hana's jaw dropped. Such incredible strength. Hiro had to have incredible chakra control to store chakra like such.

Hana cheered as Hiro's name was announced, who didn't even react to such celebratory news. Hiruzen was up next and as expected, he won with ease. Hana waited impatiently for her turn. When her name was finally announced, she jumped down with glee, excitement barely being contained.

However the name that was drawn next made her start slightly.

Hyūga Kaito.

The Byakugan user stepped down to the arena, his pale eyes almost looking through her. He was two heads taller than her with a lithe frame, as expected of a user of the Gentle Fist.

"Hana-hime," he said respectfully, "if I may speak."

Hana raised an eyebrow at the overly formal tone.

"I am also from the head branch of the Hyūga family. While I know the Uchiha are prodigious, it has come to my attention that you are at a distinct disadvantage—" he spoke, "not only do you not possess a dojutsu as I do, but you are younger and more inexperienced than me. Furthermore, you are a girl. Might I suggest that you withdraw from this fight before you could get hurt?"

Hana looked at the Byakugan user for a moment before she smiled a closed eyed smile. Her expression was of utmost sweetness. "Of course...after all, what would I—a weak little girl know?" The Hyūga nodded, expecting her to withdraw. What he didn't expect was her continuing to speak with her sweet expression, "Tell me, is that what you expected me to say?"

Hyūga Kaito's eyes narrowed.

Hana made the Seal of Confrontation, still smiling, "If you know so well that I am from the Uchiha Head family, then you should respect me accordingly. And I suggest you don't bring my being a girl into this. After all, pure skill has no gender."

Hiruzen and Hiro both smirked a bit.

Hana bent down into a well versed posture, as her smile vanished almost immediately. A cold look flashed through her eyes, one of utmost concentration.

Despite himself, Kaito Hyūga felt a sense of foreboding at the girl's posture.

The smiling little girl was gone, replaced with a seasoned warrior.

"Start!" The proctor announced as Hana lunged towards her opponent.

*****

Oooo, cliffhanger XD

Well this should be interesting. A Hyūga vs an Uchiha. I bet a lot of you liked Hiro's fight scene. And stay tuned for Hana's.

Please vote and comment below, they always make my day :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 8.6K 36
What happens when two heirs of two noble clans clash? This story is a romantic journey between Aya Hyuga, and Itachi Uchiha.
497K 21.8K 67
- COMPLETED - Upon a pact of peace between the Senju and Uchiha, the constant fighting of the Warring States Period ultimately ends, and a new shino...
4.7K 165 18
Your clan kept some business with the Senju since the Warring Period, but now the Hokage of Konoha and head of the powerful clan, Hashirama, wants to...
3.2K 107 38
For year's the Senju and Uchiha clans have been sworn enemies. When they were younger Madara and Izuna both thought they could trust a Senju member u...