In Safe Hands (PuzzleShipping)

By AuthorUprising36

Yugi is a college student who just graduated from Medical school with the highest scores in class. He is acce... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue

Chapter 4

6.3K 245 57
By AuthorUprising36

Yugi and Yami made their ways down the hall and into the elevators. Neither one really said much, but every now and again, they would engage in conversation, and it would be like they had known each other for a long while.

Yugi really enjoyed the feeling he had around this extremely friendly doctor.

Yami made him feel as though he was as close as a best friend would be, despite the fact they had only just met.

Yugi and Yami passed down halls lined with doors and pictures that hung on the walls on either side of them. Yugi would look at the pictures if only for a brief moment, seeing images of various doctors and nurses who supposedly worked there. He noticed how they all wore their coats and uniforms with great sophistication. They all seemed created for this job.

Was that how people had viewed Yugi? Maybe that was why it was so easy...

He had always been known in high school and college as the Valedictorian who studied continuously, and who went through school with flying colors and the highest averages in all the grade.

He had always found school easy too...

But he had always assumed that that was because of his time always being in the small game shop with his grandfather. No one actually ever came, so Yugi would resort to text books to pass the time. Every single student in the class thought that to be extremely different. But they never really talked to him. Yugi was always the runt of the litter. He never played sports, hung out with other kids, and was always alone.

Until he met his little high school friends.

For some time during the walk, he thought to himself about what it would be like to be an actual doctor. To know inside and out what surgical procedure to do to help a patient, how much help it would be, and which scenarios to use it.

"Yugi?" Yami suddenly snapped him out of his thoughts, "You've been so quiet. Is something wrong?"

Yugi looked up and looked at him. He shook his eyes.

"Nope. I was just..." Yugi shrugged, "Thinking."

Yami raised an eyebrow slightly and looked ahead, seeing a tall man with long hair making his way down the hall in the other direction. He walked quickly, reading through a few papers in his hands and he looked up, locking eyes with Yami.

"Sennen!" he said, smiling suddenly.

"Mahad!" Yami waved, grinning back, "It's about time I saw you!"

Mahad chuckled, slowing down and stopping at them.

"Sorry. I had some surgery stuff to take care of. I had to pull another all nighter..." He sighed, slightly yawning.

"Another?" Yami's jaw dropped, "What happened to this one?"

Mahad, the doctor who had been conversing with Yami, shrugged.

"Another drunk driver, coming home from a bar probably." He said, "Ran over a young teen babysitting her siblings! I had to rush to the scene and fix the teen's spinal cord and other broken bones. Poor girl might even be paralyzed."

Yugi's eyes widened. He had completely forgot about the huge responsibility a surgeon had in the recovery of a patient. It was up to the job you did in surgery that would determine the outcome for the patient.

Life or death?

It depended on you.

"Poor thing." Yami shook his head, "And what idiots. That's the 18th drunken accident we've had this summer."

"Wait. 18th?" Yugi eyed him, "Seriously?"

"Yes." Mahad grimly nodded, "Ever since that new bar came in town...we've been having drunken accidents left and right since its opening."

Yami agreed, crossing his arms.

"I personally believe they should shut that old place down." He muttered, "I know its really popular for its great music, wine, and cocktails, but really? It might just be coincidences, but 18? No. That is NOT a coincidence. Too frequent for it to be."

Mahad nodded. He suddenly looked at Yugi. He tilted his head.

"A new patient, Yami?" He asked Yami.

"Huh?" Yami looked down at Yugi, "Oh no. He's the newest apprentice this hospital has accepted! His name is Yugi Muto, and he is my new apprentice!"

Mahad smiled and held his hand out to Yugi.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Muto!" He said as Yugi reached out and shook his hand, doing the polite thing, "My name is Mahad Kayo. Very nice to meet you."

Yugi smiled back and nodded, introducing himself, "Yugi Muto. I'm very happy to meet you myself."

Mahad nodded back and looked down the hall to where the young woman nurse from before came running up to him. Her coat flew behind her as she made her way toward them.

"Mahad! There you are!" She said, exasperated, "We need you in Or 53-92!"

Mahad looked at her, a bit stunned.

"What is it?" Mahad tilted his head.

"Mana?" Yugi said, turning to look at her with the other two.

The young woman gripped Mahad's arm and looked at him. She pointed down the hall to an open door.

"A patient needs you. He can hardly breathe." She said, "He needs help!"

Mahad turned from Mana to Yami and Yugi. Mana ran back down the hall in the direction of the open door, leaving them as she waited for him to arrive.

"Sorry." Mahad shrugged, beginning his stride to the room, "I'll see you guys at break, okay? See ya!"

Yami waved, "I hope that patient is okay!"

"Don't we all?" Mahad said, glancing back one last time, "Good luck, Yugi!"

"Thank you!" Yugi waved as well.

Yugi and Yami then returned to their short trip to get Yugi's coat. Yugi could almost hardly conatain himself. He had waited his entire life for this moment and it had finally come.

They both walked into a slightly small room, and Yami walked ahead, going through a few racks of white coats.

"What size do you think you are?" He asked, looking down at a few coats in particular.

Yugi shrugged, waiting for him back beside the doorway.

"Maybe...a 6?" He said, not to sure about it himself.

Yami shrugged and pulled out one that looked like a perfect fit. "How about a 5? You're pretty small, and that's perfect."

Yugi tilted his head slightly, looking at the coat Yami held up. Yami made his way back and handed it to Yugi to try on. Yugi did and it fit!

Perfectly.

"Well good! It isn't too tight?" Yami gripped his shoulders from behind.

Yugi shook his head, pretty confident in his answer.

"Alright. Well, we'll just get you an extra two or three of these and then you'll be able to go home to rest up for the real job tomorrow." Yami smiled, walking back to the multiple racks of coats.

Yugi nodded, smiling. He smoothed out the coat, looking at himself in a nearby hanging mirror. The only time he would do that was when he was a child and would play doctor every now and again with his grandpa. He had a small white coat with a name tag that had scribbles on it as opposed to an actual name.

He loved to play it.

But this was the real deal.

This was what made it official.

It wasn't long until the two of them both found enough coats to last a while and Yugi was being walked out by Yami.

"So, now it's official!" Yami grinned, "You have started your residency here. I'm looking forward to working with you. Truly, I am."

Yugi smiled back, "Me too. I think this might be enjoyable!"

Yami pushed the door open for him, revealing the parking lot that Yugi almost instantly spotted his car in.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow!" He waved as Yugi stepped out.

"Bye!" Yugi waved back.

And Yugi left there, feeling absolutely triumphant.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 4.1K 33
Yami Sennen is the owner of a famous five star restaurant. He has been looking for love for the past few years, but hasn't found anyone yet. He meets...
3.5K 157 16
"Even though I love the staring, I'm not going anywhere aibou." Yugi is depressed because of Atem's leaving his world. Yugi knows that he is in a bet...
34.8K 1K 19
This is a story of Yugi who has been struggling to let love in, but once he meets upon a mysterious guy it may change his mind. This mysterious guy i...
13.9K 679 29
Transferring to a new University was supposed to be an exciting turning point in Yugi Mutou's life. Reuniting with old friends and making new ones so...