I'm A Delinquent? Since When?

By OminousNerd

According to my mother, or Mother Dearest as I prefer to call her, my defiant behavior is unacceptable. Her w... More

I'm A Delinquent? Since When?
Tin Man Has A Heart After All
Birthday Sparks
S.C.H.O.O.L.
Blue Polka Dots
Jiminy Cricket
Cocky Alarm Clock
To Wade's I Go
I'm In Twilight? Since When?
Gummy Bear Victim
That Green Monster Called Jealousy
Shorts And Sexual Tension
Miss Whorebag
First And Last Dance [Part 1]
First And Last Dance [Part 2]
Author's Note

Detention Is Where The Heart Is

31.9K 1.1K 269
By OminousNerd

..::Chapter Two::..

..::Faith Ellsworth's P.O.V.::..

It’s 3:30 and I’m still at school, standing in front of the detention room to be exact. Apparently in this school there are things called fire drills. At my previous school, the fire alarm only went off if there was an actual fire, so this fire drill concept was new to me.

When the deafening alarm started blaring, my chemistry teacher said calmly, “Okay kids, make a single file line and we’ll evacuate the building.”

My reaction to this was not to quietly get in a line, but to yell, “Move you old hag, I’m about to die,” before running out into the parking lot.

I mean, really. If you thought there was a fire, would you just stand there in a single file line and slowly exit the building? Or would you scream profanities while pushing and shoving people out of your way? Definitely the latter option. 

“Miss Ellsworth, is the door that fascinating or are you going to actually come in?” says a man in what seems to be his mid-twenties who's now standing in the opened doorway. Huh, when did that happen?

He’s pretty attractive for an older dude with his shaggy dark brown hair and muddy eyes. I take a brief moment to survey his outfit, which consists of a pair of black slacks and a dark blue button up.

“I guess,” I say, sighing dramatically and slumping my shoulders.

I look around and notice that it’s just a plain room with lots of desk in rows. Nobody else is here, which you would think odd for being a delinquent school. It's probably because the students attending this school do violent and dangerous things that get you suspended or expelled instead of back talking the teacher. I drop my bag onto the floor and sit on top of a random desk, swinging my legs.

“So…” I trail off, not knowing his name.

“Trevor Carter,” he fills in with a nod. “But Mr. Carter to you.”

I wave a hand in the air. “So, Trevor,” I begin again, putting emphasis on his first name, which makes him roll his eyes and take a seat behind his desk. “What do you do in detention?”

He looks at me as if I’ve just grown a second head. I raise my eyebrows, urging him to answer me. “You’ve never gotten detention before? That’s hard to believe after what I heard about you from your teachers,” he retorts, chuckling.

I glower at him before jumping off the desk. “Eureka!” I exclaim. I then begin to push several desks together and lie on the bed of desk on my stomach. Once again Trevor gives me a disbelieving look but I merely shrug, which is hard to do while lying down.

“No, I’ve never been to detention before.” I place my hand over my heart in mock hurt. “I can’t believe that’s what you think of me, Trevor. And I thought we could be the best of friends.”

He laughs and rummages through his desk before taking out a notebook. He stands up and walks towards the whiteboard and begins scrawling information onto it. “Well since this is your first time, we’ll play a game. I’ll write a series of algebraic questions on the board and if you can answer all of them correctly, you can do whatever you want today. Within reason, of course, Miss Ellsworth.”

“Call me Faith. Miss Ellsworth makes me feel like like and old cat lady.” I tell him, cringing, just as he’s finishing up his questions. 

“Alright, Faith, get started,” he says smugly.

I smirk and saunter towards the board. This is going to be a piece of cake. What he doesn’t know is that I had a 4.4 GPA at my old school. In fact, I'm already in calculus.

“Done!” I sing, setting down the black marker and smiling at my work. He looks at me flabbergasted and I feel satisfied by his reaction.

He regains his composure and takes a look at my answers before telling me that they are all correct. “How?” he asks, beginning to erase the board.

“You might have wanted to look at my transcripts before our little game, Trev. If you had, you would have known that I kept straight A’s in my classes, which all happened to be advanced placement courses,” I tell him, poking his chest. “But I’d like this information to be confidential. Wouldn’t want my reputation as the feisty delinquent to be soiled.” I wink.

Suddenly the door flies open and the hottest guy I’ve ever laid eyes on strides in. That might sound cliched, but there's no doubt that it's true. He has short and spiky blonde hair and grey eyes. He’s wearing the required uniform: black slacks, white button up with the sleeves rolled up like mine. No tie, though. 

“Ah, Wade, nice of you to join us…” Trevor trails off, glancing down at his watch. “Fifteen minutes late. Anyways, because of our new student, Faith Ellsworth, you can do anything you want in here today.”

Wade walks in and takes a seat in the back and his eyes flicker to me but then focus on Trevor. “Did I give you the impression that I give a damn, Mr. Carter?” he responds rudely.

I go back to my bed of desks and trace patterns on the wooden desktop. “Wow, Trev, it looks like someone got up on the wrong side of the bread.” I say in a bored tone.

Way to make a first impression, you sexy jerk. Trevor looks like he’s trying to bite back laughter while Wade’s expression is in between shock and amusement.

"Don't you mean 'bed'?" Trevor asks me, laughing to himself.

I cock my head to the side and say, "Huh?"

"You said "someone got up on the wrong side of the bread". It should be 'bed', not 'bread'."

I shrug and say, "Tomato, tomoto. Anyways, you two guys are boring.” I heave a sigh and jump up once again, feeling antsy. “Trev, is there a radio or something in this place?” I inquire, looking around the room.

He silently points to the back corner of the room, not even bothering to look up from his papers. A mischievous grin makes its way onto my face as I skip towards it. I turn it on and the song Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana comes on. I squeal and turn it up to the maximum volume despite Trevor's protests. 

“With the lights out, it’s less dangerous. Here we are now, entertain us. I feel stupid and contagious. Here we are now, entertain us. A mulatto. An albino. A mosquito. My libido. Yay!” I sing while dancing around and doing the air guitar at random moments, nearly tripping in the process.

All of a sudden, laughter fills the room and it isn’t mine. I stop dancing and singing and look around, an innocent expression on my face. Trevor looks like he’s one step away from literally rolling on the floor laughing while Wade is staring at me, the corners of his lips twitching.

“Laugh all you want. You’re just jealous that you didn’t think to do that.” I said, folding my arms over my chest and pouting like a five-year-old.

I glance at the clock and notice that it’s now 4:30, meaning detention is over. “Later suckers!” I howl before pretending to shoot them both with my finger guns and running out of the detention room. 

Not long before I make Wade crack. 

Whoever said detention is like Hell is crazy.

Detention is where the heart is. 

..::Author's Note::..

What do you think of the Detention Crew? How long do you think it'll take for Faith to crack Wade? Give me your feedback. The more comments I get, the faster the updates will be. Moreover, feel free to give me your suggestions for future entries. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 1.4K 47
๐–๐ž ๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐š๐ฌ๐ค ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐Ÿ๐ข๐๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐œ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ซ๐ฌ ๐€ ๐๐ž๐ฐ ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ, ๐“๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‘๐จ๐ฌ๐ž...
598 18 14
Delilah Rivers is not popular but she's not the girl everyone picks on, she is your average Junior in High School just trying to get by. Delilah is c...
1.7K 199 19
"๐“๐‡๐„๐˜'๐‘๐„ ๐‚๐Ž๐๐“๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐‹๐ˆ๐๐† ๐”๐’!" "๐ƒ๐Ž๐'๐“ ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐’๐„๐„ ๐ˆ๐“?" โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ€ขโœงโ€ข โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ” a story in which; a young girl is sent to a fancy sc...
617K 15.7K 40
Avery was not an average, well behaved 17-year-old girl living a happy life. She was an underground fighter, a street racer, and had even gotten mixe...