The CEO's Shy Girl (Editing)

By Enn0114

"Ms. Peterson, did you attend a club Friday night? " Mr. Shaw said causally as he focused his eyes on his twi... More

#TellUs
#MyThirdJob
#MyCouch:-(
Characters
#ClubbingGirl
#Shame
#ComeIn
#DoWhatISay
#MoveInBitch
#HeyFatherInLaw
#GrewSomeBalls
#NegativeB
#Women
#DATE
#PartyCrashers
#Outfits&MorePeople
#RescueBigSissy
#Followed
#StartExplaining
#Flowers
#SorryMyLove
#ThePast
#Meeting
#TellMe
#SeeingRed
#MoreSurprises
#TalkWithFISTS
#FlirtlyBaby
#Arguements
#SexyJeanie
#News
#ShowMe
#RuinedMoods
#Baby
#Kisses
#Missing
#Remember
#TheTruth
ATTENTION!!!

#TheFinale

35.6K 929 89
By Enn0114

Jeanette's POV

"That name sounds familiar. Didn't Grandpa's friend have a son named Phillip?" I asked confused.

"Yes. In fact, he was the man that my father wanted me to marry instead of Carson... I was in loved with both of them at the time. But it was too difficult for me to decide at the moment. So after a few months of being so indecisive Phillip made the choice for me." She said and then a tear suddenly escaped from one of her eyes.

"He said that if I really loved him, the choice would have been easy."

"So I went off with Carson." She said firmly.

"We were happy for a couple of years but then things went bad. Really, Really, bad." She stressed.

 "He wasn't the man I thought he was. So after Patton was born I told him I needed some time to think about us. I went to France and reconnected with Phillip through a party my father was having for all his business associates. I cheated on Carson with him a few weeks after." she explained with a neutral tone.

"How did Carson find out?" I asked.

"I went back to Carson because I felt guilt. The news hit me the day I got back. We weren't intimate at that time when I got pregnant. He tried to kill me after he found out, so my father took me away from him for a while. When Phillip heard about my pregnancy his wife was angry." she said in the same tone as before.

"I would imagine that his wife would be a little mad. He did cheat on her." I muttered in an obvious tone.

"Phillip called me and told me he wanted me to abort you but I just couldn't" she said in a broken voice.

"You should have." I snap with a hard voice.

"Jeanette-" she gasped and started to walk closer to me but I held out my hand for her to stop.

"Could have solved all your problems" I said simply.

"Well it's too late now" she whispered.

"Obviously" I snapped with narrow eyes.

"Anyways when you were born it was just you, me and your Grandfather at the hospital. He recommended to take you because of Carson's reaction to me keeping you but I thought Carson would get use to you." 

"But why do I have Carson's name on my birth certificate?" I asked puzzled.

"Your grandfather forged that one. Your real one has a blank space for the father signature. It's back in France if you want me to go get it." She offered.

"No. No. Its fine. When I go over there I'll see it for myself." I said nonchalantly.

"What do you mean?" She asked confused.

"When's your flight?" I asked.

"In 3 days. I thought I would stay here and take care of you" she explained.

"That would be a first" I mumbled and then she was about to say something, probably to defend herself but I continued to speak.

"I'll be ready to go to France in two days." I stated firmly.

"Jeanette, you can barely get up." My mother said concerned.

"I don't care mother. I have to do this." I said in a dismissive voice.

"Please just rest." She urged, trying to persuade me to stay.

"I've rested long enough. The conversation is over. Please call everyone in" I declared.

"Okay Jeannette" she said defeated after a couple of silent minutes, and then went out of the room. When she left I immediately heard running from down the hall. Feet stomping the ground. Then the door flung open to Cheri and Tiffany trying to squeeze both of their bodies through the doorway at the same time. There was a lot of jabbing and when they finally got through they just fell to the ground with a thump. Martin causally walked over them. He sat on a chair that was next to me.

"Well you look terrible" he teased as he pinched my cheek.

"Thank you. That's exactly what every girl want to hear Martin" I giggled lightly.

Seconds later Cheri and Tiffany finally stood up.

"Running is very hard" Tiffany commented, breathing heavily.

"That and you jabbing me in the side" Cheri agreed, also panting.

"Hey guys" I said through a painful laugh. My sides hurt.

"Are you alright?" Cheri asked. She sat on one side of the bed and then Tiffany sat on the other.

"Eh, I'm fine. A little sore tho. They put a couple stitches in. No biggie" I said simply.

"We were so worried. Don't every scare me like that again bitch" Tiffany said and then leaned over to hug me. Then Cheri, Then Martin. 

My little Family. I was so lucky to have them.

"Jeanette" a voice came from the doorway and it was him. My eye's started to get watery when I saw him. 

"Grandpa" I said and then he went over to hug me as well. I missed him so much. It was a lot to take in with all the things that I heard and saw.  Having all these people with me made me feel over the moon. 

After a very long session of hugging, everyone caught me up to speed with the 411. I learned that Cheri came down with my Grandpa when she found out I was in the hospital and she also reconnected with Hudson. Which lead to some things and now she's knocked up with their baby. She seems happy so I guess everything worked out for her. Martin's wife went into labor and now he is the proud father of Raymond Burke. Tiffany got a job offer for a bigger radio Station and is now moving to New York. Grandpa said he was going to inform me of things later.

Time fly's when your knocked out.

When we were all done catching up it was night time and everyone had to leave. Grandfather insisted on staying but I wanted him to rest. He looked as worse as Michael and I scolded him for it. So Michael gave him a key to our house. My mother wanted to stay but I persuaded Grandfather to take her with him. 

All that was left was Michael and I in my room. It was nice. We were in the same position that we were in when we were in England. He was laying on the bed with me and his arm was pulling me close to him while my head was on his shoulder. So peaceful and silent. Then I spoke.

"Michael we have to talk" I said quietly.

"No. You need sleep. We'll talk later." He replied.

"It's important." I insisted. And then I slowly got out of his hold to look at him for us to have this conversation properly.

"I have to go back to Europe" I said and then I felt him tense up. He was silent for a moment and then he finally spoke.

"No" was his reply. Very simple and firm.

"Michael its-" I said.

"I'm not letting you leave me " he said out of nowhere and I immediately became confused. Why would I leave him?

"What?" 

"After everything we've been through your leaving me? It was a stupid mistake Jeanette" He said panicked.

"What are you-"

"Madison means nothing to me. I promise" he continued, ignoring me and my confusion.

Oh that bitch. The kiss. 

"This is not about-" I was about to explain further but he interfered again.

"I know I said that the picture was a fake but I lied. It was real." he said ashamed.

"Michael look at this face" I said quietly as I gently held his cheek and pulled him to my direction. His eyes were masked with fear.

"Do I look stupid? I knew it was real." I said calmly. He didn't reply he just broke the graze and stared out of the window.

"Why did you lied to me?" I asked curious.

"Your not the type of person to stick around when things go wrong." he started and I interjected my sentence of defense.

"I'm getting better" I huffed.

"Still, your new to this non flight risk thing... I panicked that if I told you, you would leave. I remember you saying that Adam cheated on you just left without any thought. But you left anyway" he explained honest. Then he turned back to me.

"Michael, Adam wasn't anything special. Like I told you before. He was mostly a friend. You mean so much more to me. Your my first and last Love. Your my Chuckles" I said lovingly. And his body relaxes a little. Then a question pops into my head.

"How was it?"

"What?"

"The Kiss"

"Terrible. She tried to jam her whole tongue down my throat. I felt like throwing up right then and there." He replied disgusted with a scrunched nose. 

"Did you start it?" I asked not looking at him this time. 

"The only girl I want to kiss for the rest of my life is you, Dimples" he said and then kissed me on the cheek. I looked at him with a little warm smile. Such a sweet sentence. It melted my heart.

"Good. And just a little head's up, if you ever cheat on me, I will gut you like a fish. Understood?" I purred as I stroked his cheek.

"I believe you." he laughed and then it was quiet again. 

"I have to go to Europe to meet my real father" I said changing the subject back to my original conversation.

"Oh"

"Yup. I want to see who the sperm donor is"

"Jeanette you can barely get off this bed." he started to lecture but I wasn't having it.

"I'll make it" I said sharply.

"Do you want me to come with you? I could-"

"No" I said quickly and he looked a little taken back.

"Its not that I don't want you to go but I have to meet him myself. Its just something I have to do alone" I explained quickly.

"How long will you be gone?" he asked.

I hadn't thought about that.

"I don't know" I said honestly.

"If you need anything call me okay?" he said and I just nodded.

"Thank you." I said and then we didn't say anything else on the matter.

*Two Days Later*

"Mom hurry up and get in the car" I snapped irratated as I was packing the little bags into the trunk and Gray was packing the rest.

"I don't think your ready. We should wait a day or two. Maybe even a week" my mother suggested.

"Fine stay here. Come on Grandpa" I said as Gray closed the trunk and I was pretending to get ready to go. Then she yelled "wait". She jumped inside with a grouchy attitude and sat in the passengers seat. I grinned and motioned Michael to over to wish me fair well.

He came over with hands in his pocket and a forced smile. I knew this was hard for him but I had to do this.

"I'll be back soon" I said as went for a hug.

"I know you will" he replied as his hands went to stroke my hair. After a very long hug he released me so I could leave.

The car ride to the airport was filled with my grandfather and I talking about what happened to him, how Jason got him, what he did to him, and what Jason said before he killed himself alomg with the others. I felt so bad for letting that happen to him but he reassured me.

 And I spent the time telling him about these last few months. About Michael and I, the Mafia, and the job offer I got.

When we got on the plane I slept, so there wasn't much more talking. After 9 hours of sitting, we finally arrive in France. 

Then grandfather's men picked us up and we went to the house. When we were all settled in, we had dinner and it was time for "the talk".

"Do you guys know where I can find my father?" I asked in between bites.

"Jeanette we're having dinner. I think you can hold those questions for another time." my mother snapped at me. 

"Like when mother?" I asked with a raised brow.

"In a week or so" she replied simply and then took a sip of her wine. I was so close to stabbing her with my fork but instead I took a big deep breath and tried to talk again.

"Mother please. I just want to know where I can find him" I said sincerely with a very pleasant tone. She was silent for a moment and then abrutly left the table. Then it was just the old man and I.

"So when I'm nice I get nothing?" I ask my grandfather.

"Your mother loves you Jeanette. Don't underestimate her" he said and then my mother returned with a file.

"This is all I have about him" she said as she gave me the file and then sat back down to eat.

"Thank You" I said shocked with wide eyes and then started to open up the file. It had pictures of him and his family, the place where he worked, where he went to college. His whole life was in this bag creme folder.

"How long have you has this?"

"Since you were born. The information has all been kept up to date" she said simply.

"When do you think you will go to see him" my grandfather with a warm smile.

"I don't know. I mean he is a stranger" 

"Well for the next few days I want us to do some damage control. Jason's people have no leader at the moment and it just a matter of time before they find another one." My grandfather said and I agreed. And that's exactly what we did. Grandfather and I made a lot of progress and I kept reading up on my dad. 

After about the 5th day of being in France I decided that I would have a quick glimpse of where my father worked. Before I left I was in my old room trying to figure out what would be the best stalking outfit for the day time. Then my mother came in and locked the door behind her. 

"Locking the door isn't suspicious at all Mother" I replied as I got the outfit I wanted and folding it onto one of my arms.

"Before you go to meet Phillip I need to talk to you" she said in all seriousness.

"Okay"

"There's something I forgot to tell you at the hospital" she said quietly. 

I stayed silent and waiting for her to continue talking.

"When Phillip told me that I should have an abortion I didn't feel like I could. But he was persist so I told him I would do it once I got to the states. He was relieved and I never heard from him again" she said quietly. I was annoyed. This was going to be a lot harder than I thought.

"So let me get this straight. I'm the baby that he thinks is dead?" I said clarifying what she said.

"Yes"

"Now how will he believe me if I tell him I'm his daughter?" I snapped irritated. She's always fucking shit up.

"I didn't think you would ever meet him. I thought since I was going back to Carson that it wouldn't matter" she explained quickly.

"Your a genius mom." I scoffed as I raked my hands through my hair.

"Jeanette please-" she was about to say but I hurried into the bathroom. I needed to freshen up. I showered to cool off, got dressed and when I got out she was still there a nervous wreck. 

"Please don't tell him anything about me. About us." She said earnestly. I ignored her.

"Please Jeanette don't tell him. I can't have him be mad anymore than he already is. He hasn't spoken to me in 24 years." she cried and followed me out of the room and all the way down stairs. I wanted to maybe get a snack but I didn't think she would stop yakking so I walked to the door. Suddenly she yanked my arm and made me face her.

"Jeanette promise-" she was about to say but I interrupted.

"PLEASE MOTHER. Stop. Leave me alone" I yelled and it echoed through the house.

"If Grandad shows up early from his meeting tell him that I will be back soon" I said and then left. I got out the information I had and went to his work place. In the file it says that he was a lawyer. 

Part 2

I didn't plan on trying to meet him but curiosity got the best for me. I'd been standing in front of the building for about an hour thinking maybe I
could meet him on accident as he walking out of the building. But the doors never open. So with one shaky hand I pull the door ajar and once I'm inside I see the receptionist.

"Hello, can I help you?" She asks politely. She's young. Not younger than me but young.

"I came to see a lawyer" I said nervously.

"For what purpose. We have multiple lawyers in the building that all have a different line of work." she explained to me and for a minute I pause. My mind goes blank.

What did he do again? 

"Ma'am?" the woman calls out to get my attention.

"Yes, um I need a divorce lawyer. Someone recommended for me to talk to a man by the name of Phillip Blanc" I said.

"Oh yea he is here. Do you have an appointment or is this a walk in?" She asked. 

"Will he not see me if this is a walk in?" I ask.

"Well that's up to him. I'll call him down" She said and then she pressed the intercom bottom on the table. I wasn't paying much attention to what she was saying. My mind was too preoccupied.

In my heart I was praying that he would be willing to talk to me. Even if it was just for a few minutes. I didn't know what I wanted from him but maybe if I was him I would figure it out.

"Can I have your name?" She says politely snapping my mind out of it's thoughts and I'm instantly hesitant. Should I give him my real name or a fake one? Which one would be more safer?

"My name is Jeanette Shaw" I reply formerly. He didn't know I existed and I have Michael's last name so he couldn't be too suspicious. I stood there for a few minutes and then a man appeared from a doorway in the back. When he gets to me I'm nervous.

He has slick black hair and some faint facial. He's at least a couple of inches taller than me because of his good posture. He welcomes me with a white smile.

"Hello... " he said as he held out his hand for me to shake it. 

"Jeanette Shaw" I said and then shook his hand firmly.

"What a lovely name." He complimented and I just nodded like an idiot.

"Now I don't really do walk in's but for you I will make an exception. Just make sure that next time you will call first." He said and I nodded again. 

"Come with me to my office and we can begin talking about your situation" He said and then turned for me to follow him. 

His office was plain. It was grey and white with a lot of draws. The desk was white as snow with some papers scattered on top of it. When we got settled into the chairs I realized it was time to start making some shit up. 

"How long have you been a lawyer" I asked. I knew the answer based on the file but I wanted to hear him say it. 

"For about 20 years. It was a long and hard road. I assure you that I have enough experience to help you" he said with a boyish smile. I could tell he was about to talk to me about my reason for his help but I stopped him.

"If you don't mind me asking what made you become a divorce lawyer." I asked curious. 

"I would like to help couples stay together even in times of crisis. I like to believe that every relationship can be saved. And if it does come back to divorce I think that the separation should be a delicate process that tries to make both parties feel like they haven't been cheated" he said.

"I see" I simply said. 

"So Mrs. Shaw what kind of legal trouble are you in" He asked. 

"Well my husband and I are separated now. I was just wondering what to do next" I said.

"Well how long have you two been separated"

"A few months. Its been hard" I said in a fake breaking voice which was good enough to get a sympthatic facial expression on his part. 

"Are there any children involved in this?"

"That was actually one of the problems. But no. No children. Do you have any Mr. Blanc?"

"Yes. Three boy's" He said proudly and then swivels a picture frame on his desk for me to see. Family picture.

For a spilt second I have mixed emotions. I know I don't want anything from him. I just wanted to see him. But seeing him and how his life turned out. It makes me a little mad. He got to live this happy life with his children and his wife, meanwhile mine had to struggle.

Ugh I'm so petty.

"That's nice." I cheered as plaster a smile and I look at the photo.

"I bet the boys were a handful" I joke.

"Yup. Especially since the boys are so close in age. They always find a way to get themselves into trouble. But never the less they mean the world to me and they deserve the best I can offer them. I couldn't image my life without them." He said with a sincere smile and I instantly feel a harsh pinch to my chest.

"Do you mind if I ask what there names are" I asked curiously trying to keep my voice strong.

"Jean, Patrick, and Carlton" he says simply.

"What nice names. How did you pick them?"

"Well my grandmother was named Jeanette. She basically raised me and when she died I wanted to carry on the name in some way. So I just shortened it to Jean. My wife picked out the other two after her father and grandfather" He explained.

"Your wife looks so beautiful" I compliment.

"Yea that was a picture from my wife's birthday." he explained. 

"How long have you been married Mrs. Blanc"

"25 years. Last month was our anniversary"

"Such a long time. You two must be one of the lucky ones." 

"No luck. Just lots of hard work trying to make it work"

"I wish my husband and I would have had that same determination. I guess it just wasn't meant to be." I said with a very sad tone.

"Is there a basic of reason for your divorce?"

"Oh he cheated on me with another woman from his past. I don't think I have the heart to forgive him. I've never been in this kind of situation before" I lie and then he let out a little sigh.

"Well... from a man who has been put into the same situation before, you should try to find a resolution. Just because he cheated doesn't mean he doesn't love you or doesn't want to still be with you. Maybe he just wasn't thinking and just got caught up in the moment. Maybe it was a part of his past that he didn't know was really finished. If you want him back my advice is proceed with cauction because you don't really know whats in his head"

"Thank you for the advice." I said gratefully.

"I just don't know what I did to make him cheat." I continue.

"Nothing absolutely nothing."

"Thank you. That makes me feel a little better"

"And if you still want a divorce we could still proceed."

"No no. Your words have given me a little thinking to do but if I want to proceed I come back. Thank you for your time but I have to get going" I said. As I start to rise up from my seat he gets up also.

"Wait. May I ask you a question?"

"Sure"

"Who recommended me to you?" he asked and then I was tense.

"What?" I asked confused.

"My receptionist mentioned that someone recommened you to me" he explained.

What should I say?

After a moment I decide to poke the bear a little. He's certainly stabbed me with his generous words about his wonderful family.

"A woman by the name of..."I pause as though I'm trying to remember the name.

"Katherine Peterson?" I say boldly as then watch him for any reaction. His smile is gone and he looks a little agitated.

"May I ask how you know her?" he said a little irked.

"Oh it was just some woman I met at church" I lie off the top of my head. Church sounds believable.

My gaze is still on him and it doesn't seem like he's willing to talk anymore so I just say a quick bye and leave.

When I get back to the house my mother is at the window watching. As soon as I get inside this woman invades my bubble of personal space.

"What happened?" She says shaking like a total nut.

"Nothing" I say irritated as I try to make some space between us.

"Did you tell him about you?" she asked as she steps closer again.

"Why would I?" I ask.

"Because he's your father." She says. She is a very confusing woman. First she wants me to keep my trap shut. Then she says I should have said something to him about being his long lost daugther he never knew about.

'Thanks to you I have no father." I snap and then walk past her.

"Jeanette" she says and tries to grab my arm but I move it away. I don't like when she touches me. Its always burns.

"Please leave me alone before I leave" I spit and then I move to the kitchen. I needed some Advil my head suddenly hurts.

I hear my mother sobbing loudly in the living room while I take the pill and then I hear a loud knock on the door.

"Your talking about me Katherine?" An angry familiar voice shouts. I hear stutters as a response and then there is another question asked.

"Whose that girl that you brought to my office?" He barks.

My mother starts to stutter again and then I hear a loud crash. I start to rush to the living room. But pause when I hear him talk again.

"I knew it was you. I thought I ended things with you forever but I guess you don't understand. Leave me the fuck alone Katherine or I will call the cop" he bellows and then that's when I decide to step in to stop whatever might happen next.

I see pieces of glass on the flour next to his feer and my mother in on the floor whimpering untouched.

Thank God he didn't touch her. Or else we would've had some problems. I mean we're not good terms but she is my mother.

The sperm donor is raging with a tomato face.

"What the fuck is going on here" I yell angry as I walk closer to them.

"You- Don't ever come close to me and my family or I will kill you. You don't think I know who you are. Spy! You probably work for this evil faimly." He spits at me and gets closer to yell in my face. I just look at him with a seething face but on the inside I feel something snap in me as I hear his words.

"Phillp don't talk to her like that" my mother says in a quiet voice.

"Don't tell me what to do Katherine" he yells and he's about to charge at her but I rush over to block him.

"Don't fucking touch her" I hiss.

"Phillip that is your daugther." My mother whimpers behind me.

"What? Why are you lying Katherine?" he sneers.

"I'm not. Remember that baby I told you I aborted?" She says.

"Yes Katherine. I payed for it myself" he spits.

"It didn't happen. This is your dautgher" she cries.

"Why did you come to my office today" 

"I wanted to see how you were like. Your a pretty friendly guy when your not threatening people" I say causally.

"Why didn't you tell me who you are? Why did you lie?"

"Ruining your life wasn't on my agenda today." I say with narrow eyes.

"Have you been in contact with any of my other family members."

"No. Just you"

"Good. I wouldn't want my wife to know that slip up from the past is still here " He growled and tries to make me flinch but I stay put.

"I won't tell anyone. I promise. I'm sorry I visited you. It was a mistake" I apologize and he's a little taken back.

"You can get out now" I snap after awhile of standing in the same position.

"I'm warning you. If I see you again I won't hold anything back. I will do what was suppose to be done a long time ago and kill you myself" he shouts.

"Are you gone?" I shout sharply and he's about to speak again but interrupt him.

"Good. Now let me give you a warning. If you ever charge at my mother again I will personally murder you. Now get the FUCK out of this house before I beat the SHIT out of you"

He says nothing more and leaves the house. I stand there looking at the shut door.

I'm seething but also hurt.

"Jeanette." My mother says and touches my arm. I don't even have the strength to pull it away from her. I kinda wanna be set on actual fire right now.

"I'm going upstairs." I say slowly in a detached voice.

"Jeanette do you wanna talk about it?" my mother askes but I say nothing and walk away from her. Once I reach to my room I slam the door shut and collapse onto the floor in fettle position.

Im alone for a couple of days replaying what happened. My mother brings me food and lays it on the floor next to me but I never really eat it. Then one day I guess she decided to be brave and slowly opens the doors with nothing in her hand.

"I'm so sorry you had to see hear that from him. But you know what, He doesn't deserve you. No one does." She says as she perches on the floor next me. I don't say anything. Then she breaks the silence.

"I remember the first time I held you. You were crying non stop. You were like... my mini banshee. After 4 or 5 hours you stopped. When I saw your calm sleepy face I knew. I knew I made the right choice to keep you. I kissed you about a million times and then I sang little songs to you. Your grandfather was next to hold you. I've never seen him look at anyone else like he looks at you. Not even me. Your obviously his favorite." She says and softly laughs. I want to be happy with those words but I just can't right now.

"Mom please." I sigh.

"Please don't push me away. I miss you. I miss my little Jeanie. The one that wasnt repelled from my touch. The one that laughed with me. The one that didn't hate me" she says and her voice starts to break and become faint.

"I know you hate me and I hate me too. I want you to forgive me. Please forgive me. Please" she says and then starts a frown.

"All I wanted for you was to be happy and I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't give you the childhood you deserved. I'm sorry I didn't bring you happiness. I sorry for the hospital trips. I'm sorry I let him do that to you. I'm sorry I left you without saying goodbye." She rants and then stops to let out little sobs. I take this moment to ask a question that's been nagging me for years.

"Why didn't you say goodbye? You said it to Patton and Cameron? What about me?" I ask quietly.

"I couldn't look you in the face. I didn't want to. I was ashamed at what I let happen to you. You were on the floor... and there was so much blood coming out. I didn't have the heart to look at you because i knew it was my fault you were bleeding. When I reached the air port safety I called the ambulance and to come to the house " She explains.

"I see" I said quietly looking at the floor. I don't feel like yelling. Its time to move on from this.

"Leaving you was the hardest thing I ever had to do. Please stop hating me. I love you so much and knowing that you hate me hurts" she pleaded and then picked my head up so its on her lap. She moved the hair from my face and kisses my cheek.

"Are you done?" I sigh and she doesn't say anything.

"I don't hate you mom" I say in a whisper voice.

"Then you forgive me?" She asks.

"No. I need time." I say simply and the air just goes back to quietness. Soon I lift up my head from her lap and just sit next to her.

"How long"

"Could be today. Could be tomorrow. Could be five years from now. I don't know" I sigh as I run my hand through my hair.

"I love you" she says.

"I love you too mom." I say and then I feel her hands wrap around me and for the first time in a long time I don't resist.

After a while she leaves and I stay in the room. I decide to take shower because after two days of laying on the floor I don't smell fresh.

When I'm all done I finally lay on my abandon bed and try to sleep but I still can't. Hours pass and my mind still won't shut off.

Then I hear a knock.

"Who is it?" I call to the door.

No one answers. Its probably my mother. I get up from the bed and open the door and what I see surprises me.

"You didn't call me"

Part 3

"Michael" I say with wide eyes.

"What are you doing here." I quickly say.

"Why didn't you call me"

"I've been a little busy."

"You look terrible. I knew I should have come with you. "

"Michael I'm fine. Besides you look worst than me" I counter with a smirk.

"Who called you?" I continued.

"Your mother" he says simply.

Why would she do that?

"I see." I whisper.

"Well... come in" I say as I open the door wider for him to come inside.

"Before we talk can you give me a second?" I asked and he nods. I leave the room and go to search for that woman. I finally find her in the kitchen drinking tea. She lifts her head up and looks a little nervous.

"Jeanette please don't be mad. I thought you needed to see him. You looked-" she said in a hurry but I interrupt her with a hug. The burning as simmered. She's shocked but eventually she responds.

"Thank you for calling him" I whisper. She's going out her way to try to make me happy. I decide right then to give her a second chance.

"I love you so much Jeanie." she says through a breaking voice as she strokes my hair. After a few minutes of hugging I give my mom a kiss on the cheek and leave to go back to Michael.

"You meet him?" He asks right off the bat when I enter. I close the door and turn back to him. He's laying on my bed and pats the spot next to him.

"Yup" I reply as I walk over and lay next to him.

"And what happen" he questions.

"This trip was a bust. I regret coming here." I say disappointed and then I go into detail of what happened. When I'm finished Michael looks muderous.

"You want me to go over there and kick his ass." He says as he tries to sit up from the bed but I put my hand on his shoulder. I try to resist a laugh at his reaction because Michael can not fight. Like at all.

"Michael lay the hell back down. No one is fighting. Its fine"  I snap.

"Its not. You've been crying" he says sharply as he runs his thumb under my eye.

"My eyes started to sweat"

"Sure." He says and complys with my request.

"I can't belive you threatened to fight him. Have you forgotten that you have stitches" he scolds but I just tell him to shut up.

"I've missed you. So much." I whisper.

"I love you Dimples." He says and kisses my cheek. We're in comfortable silence and then he breaks it.

"Hey, did you ever go to England for the interview?" he asks.

"No. I don't think I'll take it."

"Why? It's a pretty big deal,"

"I could never leave you" I sigh softly.

"Jeanette I want you to be happy. If you want this take it." He says softly. I look at his surprised. I did not expect this encouragement.

"I'll see what I can do" I answer.

"So what's been happening back at home?" I asked changing the subject.

"Well I got a notification and turns out our contact is over."

"Oh" I say surprised. Can't believe a year has pasted already.

"So what do you want to do?" I ask.

"Let's get married." He smiles.

"So the marriage we're is now was just a trial run?" I question with a raised brow.

"When we got married it wasn't for the right reasons. It wasn't because we loved each other. The way we got married was honestly not how I want to remember that day and I would hate to tell our kids of how we got married." He explains.

"No courthouse wedding?"

"Hell no. We are gonna have a big blow out. We'll get a big ass chocolate fountain and invite everybody." He beamed.

"We don't have to."

"I want to. That day should have been special. We deserve a do over." He asks as he gets off the the bed and bends down on one of his knees. He take's one of my hands into his and begins to speak.

"Jeanette Shaw. My queen. The love of life. The woman I want to spend the rest of my life with until we're old and wrinkly. Will you do me the honor of marrying me? Again." He ask with a big smile.

"Of course Chuckles" I yelled in excitement.

Author's note: What can I say? Your author is a lazy bitch. Keep your out for the next book.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415K 13.4K 41
"Come back, Ava. Why did you leave me?" He said looking deep into my eyes. "After what you did, no one can come back to you!" I shook my arm forceful...
7.4K 298 32
[Started Writing : 3rd August, 2023] "What do you want from me Alex? I gave you what you wanted. Now what else do you want?" I whispered when he won'...
470K 7.5K 30
He leaned down very slowly and my eyes fell to his lips before snapping back up. He gently pressed his lips against mine, moving slowly at first befo...
697K 20.2K 25
I was 17 when I ask him to take my virginity but he explicitly said no. Now, eight years later I need to ask him the same humiliating question again...