Yes, I'm a Serpent

Av swettyslove

Betty was abused a lot as a kid, emotionally and physically. She one day had enough and ran away from home. S... Mer

I'm Betty Cooper
New Serpent leader
Don't be mad
Back at home
Are you ready?
He wouldn't like me
Will you be my girlfriend?
I don't blame you
Is it already the end?
We will never work out
Jealous, really?
Make-up team
They want you dead
The date
I will kick this door down
I need you
Grandpa
I love you
Happy with you
No gun or jacket
You've changed
I won... again
Stop taking his side
Second place
Break up part 2?
Hello darling
Family
We need her
Kiss me then
Getting better
Lazy day
A great day, i thought
Is there still hope?
The kiss of evil
One problem gone
Goodbye Jughead
Shopping
Suspended
Spiked
The surprise
Are you seriously cheating?
Oh- oh my god
My story

Its 3:30 what do you want?

7.5K 129 98
Av swettyslove

Chapter 11

Jughead POV:

I broke up with Betty. I can't believe I did that.

Betty was the most amazing thing to happen in my life, but soon she would've left and I would be all alone again, I'm protecting myself from hurt. I walk home, it felt so lonely with out Betty there. Not to mention how awkward it's going to be living with her.

Everything that has happened is my fault.

I walk home and enter the trailer and see my dad in the kitchen. I try to walk past him but he noticed me.

Fp: Hey Jug. Where's Betty? He asked.
Jughead: I don't know. I say in a slightly annoyed tone.
Fp: Is everything alright? He asked me worriedly.
Jughead: yes I say rolling my eyes.
Fp: Stop lying boy! He says in a louder tone.
Jughead: Me and Betty broke up. His face drops and I walk to my room. I lay on my bed filled with anger and hurt.

I shouldn't feel any of this, it's my fault we're in this situation. I love Betty but she would never love someone like me. I had to protect myself. I had been laying down in bed until I heard a lock on my door. My dad, he probably wants to know why we broke up.

Jughead: Come in I yell. He walks in and takes a seat on my bed.
Fp: what happened Jug. He asked carefully.
Jughead: I broke up with her. I say looking down.
Fp: why? He asked confused.
Jughead: we would never work I say.
Fp: You guys were so in love with each other. Of course you guys would have worked out he says as if it's the most obvious thing.
Jughead: Shes to perfect for me and soon enough she would have realised it too. Every time we're together all the guys look at her, she can and will do so much better than me.I just broke up with her before she could.
Fp: That is so selfish Jughead. She loves you and only you. Yes, there are so many guys who like her, damn I've even had some of them come here and try to convince her that she should date them, but she said no all those times. It takes a special type of person for her to fall in love with. You broke her heart because what? You didn't want her to break yours? He says in an annoyed tone. I just stay silent because if I was being honest I knew he was right.
Fp: you have to fix this Jughead. He says as he walks out of my room.

The rest of the night I think about what my dad said. Why did he have to be right?
I decide to head to sleep so I could stop thinking. Everything I have done to Betty was wrong and cruel.

It's the next morning and I see it's about 6:30am. I slowly get up hoping to avoid Betty. I quickly walk past the kitchen but I don't see her there. I walk further into the kitchen in case she is there somewhere.

Fp: she's not here. She never came hom. He says startling me.
Jughead: Do you think she's ok? I asked worriedly.
Fp: Shes Fine. She probably crashed at Sweet Pea's.

I nod my head but feel a hint of jealousy wave over me. Me and my dad eat breakfast in an uncomfortable silence. I'm pretty sure my dad is still mad at me for breaking up with her for a stupid reason. I quickly eat my breakfast and head to school.

Betty POV:

It's the day after Jughead broke up with me and I decided that I wasn't going to cry over him anymore. This wasn't me. Maybe it was for the best. Being with him distracted me from the Serpents. I turn my head to look at the clock in Sweet Pea's room and it reads 6:30am. Sweet Pea obviously wasn't awake so I decided to push him off the bed again. I prop myself up and push him off the bed. I start to laugh while Sweet Pea groans.

Sweet Pea: I swear Betty by the time I get up you will have wanted to leave this room.
Betty: what are you going to do about it I say whilst laughing. He gets up and has an evil grin on his face. I instantly knew he was going to tickle me. I ran out of his room, down the stairs and out the door whilst yelling "I'll see you at school Sweets".

I ran home since I new Jughead wouldn't be there and I didn't have to go through all that awkward tension.

I shortly arrive at the trailer and walk in. I see Fp out of the corner of my eye.

Fp: where did you stay last night? He asked in a sympathetic voice. He must know about Jughead breaking up with me.
Betty: I crashed at Sweet Pea's. I just come to get some clothes and head to school. He nods his head.
Fp: can we please talk after school. About this. I just nod my head and walk to my room and quickly get changed.

I walk to school and head to the student lounge. Everyone was there, apart from Jughead. Me and Sweet Pea both arrived at the same time and he gave me a glare while I just laughed.

We enter the lounge to everyone greeting us. Sweet Pea would every now and again playfully glare at me and I would shoot him a smile.

Toni: Sweet Pea. Looks like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Everyone apart from Sweet Pea laughs.
Sweet Pea: you could say that. But I didn't wake up on a bed. He turns and stares at me with an eyebrow raised up. I start laughing and so does everyone else.

The bell goes and I have the first 2 classes with Jughead and Sweet Pea, I hope it isn't to hard to avoid him. Me and Sweet Pea walk to our lockers which are next to each other. Sweet Pea must have noticed me thinking because he spoke up.
Sweet Pea: Betts, today will be fine. Just stay with me and he probably won't approach us.
Betty: Thanks Sweets I say hugging him and we walk to class with his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

We walk to class and sit at the back. First period is over and I have Sport. I walk with Sweet Pea and once we arrive we hear our teacher yelling at us to do laps around the oval. Me and Sweet Pea run together until he starts to slow down on our tenth lap.

Betty: Come on Sweets. I say whilst waiting for him to catch up.
Sweet Pea: Betty. I think my legs are about to fall off.
Betty: stop complaining Sweety.
Sweet Pea: that's it he say. He was already really close to me and then he started running so I started running but he was already to close and jumped onto me and we both crashed onto the ground. He is on top of me and we both burst out laughing.
Sweet Pea: that's what will happen if you call me Sweety again. We both chuckle.

He stands up and pulls out his hand for me to grab. I take it with my left hand, I grab his hand and he tried to pull me up before I tell him to stop.
Betty: Ouch! Stop. I wince in pain.
Sweet Pea: Betts, you ok? He asked worriedly, he wrapped his arm around my waist and carefully brought me up, making sure he didn't hurt me.

Betty: I think when you jumped on to me something happened. I say whilst rubbing my wrist.
Sweet Pea: shit. Um. We should go to the nurse. He says with complete guilt
Betty: I'm sure I'll be fine. I say
Sweet Pea: Betts, for me? He says worriedly. I nod my head and we walk to the nurses office where she tells me I've sprained it and it would heal in a day or two.

The bell had gone which signals lunch had began. Myself and Sweet Pea walk to the student lounge and when we walk in everyone is shocked at my wrist.

Archie: Betts, what happened? He asked concerned.
Betty: Funny story actually. This slug. I say pointing to Sweet Pea
Betty: he tackled me to the ground but he must of landed on my hand and he sprained it. It should be fine in a couple days though. Everyone looks at Sweet Pea and laughs.
We all talk, laugh and gossip until the bell goes. I have my last two classes with Toni.
I walk to class and see her already sitting there, I walk over to her and sit down.

Toni: hey B. She says with a smile.
Toni: how are you and Jughead? She asked awkwardly.
Betty: we broke up. I say with a half smile.
Toni: I'm so sorry Betty. She says whilst hugging me.
Toni: you don't seem to upset though. She says
Betty: I spent yesterday night crying. I need to get over what happened.
Toni: If you need me call me. Ok?
Betty: of course T. We both smile to each other.

The day comes to an end and I head to my locker where I see Sweet Pea.

Betty: Hey Sweets. I say with a smile.
Sweet Pea: hey Betts. Do you want to come to mine?
Betty: I would love to but Fp wanted to speak to me... probably about Jughead and everything. I say quietly.
Sweet Pea: if you need anything call me. Ok?
Betty: Thanks Sweets. Anyway I gotta go and some how hide my wrist. We both laugh.

I walk out of school and run home. I know Jughead would be staying at the Blue and Gold to finish some work so we wouldn't bump into each other.

I arrive at the trailer were I see Fp sitting at the table. I walk into the kitchen and sit opposite Fp.

Fp: I'm so sorry for my sons stupid behavior. He says.
Betty: it's fine. Maybe it was good that we broke up.
Fp: why? He asked with widened eyes.
Betty: I was distracted and not putting enough time and effort into the Serpents.
Fp: Betty... You put enough time into the Serpents. You are doing great.
Stop being so hard on yourself. He says looking into my eyes. I just nod.

Betty: Anyway... I'm going to do some homework. He nods his head and I walk to my room.

I get out all my homework and look at my bed, which is covered in texts books and writing books. I better get started. I start with Math homework, the easiest for me. It takes me an hour to finish that and I felt like a little snack so I go into the kitchen and get an apple. As I walk back into my room I see Jughead in the lounge on his computer. I fasten my pace and walk to my room and close the door.

I eat my apple and I completed my history assignment. I look at all the work i have to do and I still have 5 more subjects to complete. I then start my English essay which takes me two hours. It's now 10pm and I needed to clear my brain from all this work. I put on some running clothes and put my headphones in.

I went out the back door and ran about a block until I got a call from Joaquin. Joaquin was, and still is a Serpent. He has a family now and lives in New York with his boyfriend, Moose. Me and him became really close and are still close to this day. He and his family come down a couple times a year and we always catch up. I answered the phone.

( Joaquin and Betty on the phone )
Betty: Hey Joaquin
Whilst I'm talking on the phone i decide to start walking home so I could continue my homework.
Joaquin: hey Betts. I just wanted to see if your free next week. Me, Moose and the kids are coming to Riverdale.
Betty: Yeah I'll be free.
Joaquin: Good, I can't wait. I've missed you so much and you need to catch me and Moose up on everything, also the kids miss you so much.
Betty: I miss you, Moose and the kids so much. And yes, I'll catch up on everything if you tell me everything.
Joaquin: of course we both laugh.
I walk through the door and luckily Jughead isn't there.
Betty: Anyway, I'm gonna go but I can't wait to see you next week.
Joaquin: Neither can we. Are you still as strong as I remember? He says laughing.
Betty: Stronger. We both laugh and we say goodbye.
( end of call )

I saw Fp sitting on the couch and had been listening to mine and Joaquin's conversation.
Fp: who was that? He asked me.
Betty: Joaquin. I say with a smile.
Fp: is he coming down soon?
Betty: Yeah next week. I say and head to my room and finish the rest of my homework. I finish up at around 2am and then went to sleep. I wake up at 3:30am to the sound of my phone ringing. I check the id and it reads Sweet Pea. Ugh! Why is he calling me now?
( Betty and Sweet Pea on the phone )
Betty: It's 3:30 what do you want. I say with a crockey voice.
Sweet Pea: it's my mum, she's in hospital. I didn't know who else to call. He says, his voice barely audible.
Betty: hey, calm down. I'll come down. I should be there in 10. Sit down and just try and calm down.
Sweet Pea: thank you Betts.
Betty: No problem Sweets. Bye.
Sweet Pea: bye.
Then I hang up.
( end of phone call )
I'm still in my pj's so I quickly pack a pair of clothes in my bag and get on my bike.
After a ten minute drive I arrive at the hospital and immediately see Sweet Pea pacing around the room. He sees me and I instantly embrace him in a hug. We take a seat in the waiting room and he leans his head on my shoulder.

Sweet Pea: thank you for coming Betts.
Betty: Of course Sweets. If you think I wasn't going to come your crazy.

Just as I had finished saying that a nurse approached us and said we could visit his mum. I take his hand and we walk towards her room.
Sweet Pea: can you come in with me? He says and I nod my head.
I open the door and let him in first. Luckily Cynthia was awake.
Cynthia: Sweety. She says.
Sweet Pea: Mum. He says letting go of my hand and grabbing his mums.

A nurse walks in.

Nurse: now that your awake we would like to discuss with you what happened.
Betty: I'll leave. I say heading towards the door.
Cynthia: please stay, your family. I smile and nod my head.

A nurse explains to us how she had a unprovoked seizure and that she could go home but she needed someone to be able to check up on her for the next week.
Me and Sweet Pea had to leave the room while she had a couple more tests done, it was around 5am and I could tell Sweet Pea hadn't gotten any sleep. His head was once again resting on my shoulder.

Betty: Sweets, please get some sleep. I will tell you if anything happens.
Sweet Pea: are you sure?
Betty: of course, you need some rest.
Sweet Pea: thanks Betty. I lightly smile back.

Sweet Pea has been sleeping for a bit over two hours and there wasn't any new updates. A nurse came up to me and told me Cynthia had requested to see me. I slowly move my shoulder hoping not to wake up Sweet Pea, he moved a little and went back to sleep. I enter the room and I see Cynthia facing the window until she heard me close the door.

Betty: hey I say as I walk closer to her bed.
Cynthia: Thank you for being here for Sweet Pea. I know he wouldn't be able to cope if you weren't here. She says greatfully.
Betty: it's no problem at all I say with a smile.
Cynthia: and what I said before, about you being family. I mean it. You have done so much for Sweet Pea and I, we will never be able to thank you.
Betty: Thank you I say and then another nurse walks in and tells me she can be discharged at 11am, which is two hours away from now.

I walk into the waiting room and gently wake Sweet Pea up. He begins to open his eyes.

Betty: your mum can be discharged in two hours I tell him.
Sweet Pea: really? He says with a tired smile.
Betty: yes I say, but before I could say anything else I got a call from Fp.
Betty: I've got to take this I say to Sweet Pea. He nods his head. I walk into a small room and answer the call.

( Fp and Betty on the phone )
Betty: Hey Fp. I say tiredly, I've only had an hour and a half of sleep.
Fp: where are you he asked me worriedly.
Betty: I'm at the hospital- I got cut off my Fp.
Fp: what the hell, are you ok? Are you- I then cut him off.
Betty: I'm fine don't worry. Sweet Peas mum is in hospital and he asked if I could come. So here I am. I say.
Fp: ok, I hope everything is ok. Are you going to school today?
Betty: no. I'm staying here with Sweet Pea and I only got an hour and a half of sleep. I'd be a mess.
Fp: Of course. I'll see you when ever you get home.
Betty: yep, bye. I say and hang up.
( end of call )

I walk back to the waiting room and sit next to Sweet Pea.
Sweet Pea: is everything ok? He asked me.
Betty: everything's fine I say giving him a small smile.

It soon reaches 11 and Cynthia is released. Cynthia and Sweet Pea go in his car while I take my bike. We arrive at his house and he helps his mother inside to her room while I open the doors for them.

Sweet Pea sits at the lounge and I sit next to him.

Betty: do you want me to make us something to eat? I ask him
Sweet Pea: That would be great, thank you. I reply with a smile.

We both get up and head to the kitchen. I decide to make grilled cheese.

Sweet Pea: can I help? He asked me.
Betty: if you promise not to burn the bread. We both laugh and he nods his head. I was getting the cheese out of the fridge and a drink for us both while I got Sweet Pea to put the bread on the grill. I was getting the last drink out when I hear Sweet Pea.
Sweet Pea: ummm Betts. He says in a guilty voice.
Betty: Yeah? I say then turn around and my jaw drops. The toast is on fire... again. But he hadn't even lit the grill yet.

Betty: what the hell Sweet Pea I yell whisper at him because his mum is asleep.
Sweet Pea: I don't know. What do I do? He yell whispers back.

I take the flaming bread, put it in the sink and put the tap on.

Betty: again? Really? We both laugh.

I make us the food and put it out on the table. We finish eating quickly and head back to the couch, I could barely keep my eyes open.

Sweet Pea: Betts I'm going to bed, do you want to come? You can barely keep your eyes open. I nod my head and he grabs my hand and pulls me up. We both fall onto his bed.
I woke up and saw that it was 8pm. I sneak out of his room and made sure he didn't wake up.

I quietly walk down the stair and make it to the door until Cynthia notices me.

Cynthia: hey Betty she says with a smile.
Betty: Hi Cynthia. Sorry I over slept, can you tell Sweet Pea that I left.
Cynthia: of course and your always welcome here sweetie. She smiles,
I say "thank you" and walk back to the trailer were I am greeted by Fp as I walk in, Jughead is next to him.

Fp: hey Betty. How is Sweet Pea?
Betty: he's doing better I say. I see a hint of jealously rush over Jughead. Not my problem to deal with.
Fp: do you want something to eat? He asks me I nod my head and move to the kitchen table and sit down. While I'm waiting for him to warm up my food I check my messages and see I have a message from Joaquin.

Joaquin's messages.
Hey Betts.
We decided to go to this restaurant in the heart of Riverdale "San an dan" ( some random ass place I made up )
At 9pm on Thursday.
Wear something fancy.
Is this ok?
End of messages
I reply back " yep, sounds great. I can't wait. "
Fp gave me my food and I quickly ate it and headed to bed.

A/N the first part of them next chapter will be written in Jugheads POV on what happened.
And this is a long ass chapter.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

184K 2.8K 33
Victoria Jones is a south side serpent. She lives with her father, who is the brother of FP Jones. She has only really been close with Jughead and he...
12.4K 218 10
When things turn quiet in the town of Riverdale, something doesn't seem quite right. No more murders, no more black hood or Gargoyle kings. High scho...
10.2K 310 25
Betty Cooper and her little sister Emma were in a car accident with the rest of their family, they were the two survivors. Fp Jones, as their godfath...
59.9K 1.5K 78
[COMPLETED BUT IS UNEDITED] Highest Ranking: 6 in #betty [January 8th, 2021] Finished: July 28th, 2020. ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ "When I fell in love with you, slow...