Heart Aflame (Evil Leo Valdez...

By Prince_of_the_Stars

When Calypso dies as a result of leaving Ogygia, a vengeful Leo Valdez rebels against the gods, his friends a... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: An Oath to Keep With a Final Breath
Chapter 2: Burning Feelings
Chapter 4: Romani Mihi vindicta
Chapter 5: Trial of Guilt Prt 1
Chapter 6: Trial of Guilt Prt 2
Chapter 7: Requiescat in Pace
Update
Chapter 8: Now It Begins

Chapter 3: Enter Apollo

677 23 10
By Prince_of_the_Stars

Percy's POV

"Jason man that sounds crazy. Sorry that y'all had to split like that." Percy was Iris-Messaging Jason inside his cabin. His buddy looked distraught but like he accepted it.

"It's whatever. How are things over there?", Jason asks.

Percy is about to answer when his door slams open!
Percy clicks Riptide automatically and turns towards his cabin's entrance. He stops when he sees it's Nico.

"Nico? What is it? What have we said about knocking."

"This is no time for jokes." Nico falters when he sees that Percy is Iris-Messaging Jason.

"Hey Nico. What is it?" Jason asks concerned.

Nico sighs and looks at both Percy and Jason.
"Frank's dead."

Percy stares at Nico in shock, but Nico's next words petrify him.

"We also have reasonable suspicion that it was Leo who did it."

Leo's POV

A panicked Leo quickly ran around Bunker 9, burning everything. Blueprints, ideas, everything had to go. He knew in his heart, he wouldn't be coming back to this place, and if he did it wouldn't be as an ally.

After the deed was done, Leo went to the spot in the forest where had hidden Festus and activates him.
The golden dragon creaks and looks at Leo mournfully.

"Hey buddy. Look I have to be going okay?"

Festus creaks at him in surprise.

"Yeah, I know. I'll be fine. I want you to stay with Harley okay?"

Festus wraps his tail around Leo in a hug, then sadly walks away. Leo sighs as he watches his friend leave. He then resumes his mission.

The mortal Apollo was complaining to the girl who had came with him about something. Not being noticed he guessed. Leo scoffs, "Gods. Always thinking they're above everyone else."

Leo feels himself getting angrier and angrier. It was gods just like Apollo who broke their oath, who treat demigods like they're disposable. Apollo would be the first in his long list of targets. They all would have to learn the hard way...

Leo changes his face to one of feigned happiness as he emerges from the bushes and heads towards Apollo. Prepared to strike and hold up his end of the bargain he made with Triumvirate Holdings...

Will's POV

"This is very ill news", Chiron says sadly. He fiddles with Frank's Centurion Medal in his hands as he looks down. "We can no longer be content to leave Leo to himself."

Will nods to him. "Chiron it was horrible. There was nothing I could do..just stare helpless.."

Chiron stands from his wheelchair, appearing as his full self. "Will", he places a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "You mustn't blame yourself. By delivering Frank's message to me, you have done well. We must act quickly however..."

Will looks at him, "Whatever do you mean?"

"It won't take long for word to spread throughout the camp, both camps. And as soon as New Rome hears about this, you can guarantee they will act-"

Chiron falters as Reyna, Hazel, Dakota, and Jason suddenly appear from the shadows of Chiron's desk!

"Chiron! Is it true?", Reyna demands.

Jason stammers, "Leo would never."

Hazel however stares silently as she moves across the room, spotting Frank's clothes in Chiron and Will's hands. She grabs them from Will, her hands trembling.

Jason quickly hurries to her side, "It can't be..."

Reyna was shaking in anger. "Chiron, where is Leo Valdez."

Lester's POV

He couldn't believe it. Apollo had arrived to Camp Half Blood, and no one had even welcomed him. He knew his appearance may be lackluster, and his companion, Meg,  unbefitting of my greatness, but he deserves something!

He turns to Meg, about to voice his concerns when he sees someone walking up to him. Finally! Some respect! He recognized the demigod as Leo Valdez!

"Ah! Mr. Valdez I remember you! How nice you have come to welcome me and show respect!"

Leo's face twitched momentarily but not enough for the prideful ex-god to notice.

"Why yes, Apollo. How nice of you to be here."

Lester smiles, but in the back of his mortal mind, he recalls how he didn't introduce himself as Apollo to him. He guessed Leo was just wise for his bearings.

"Why are you the only one who has welcomed me?"

Leo holds up his hand to Apollo and wraps his arm around his shoulder. "Everyone else is busy. I was sent to lead you to the Training Field, Chiron is waiting for you there."

Lester smiles and turns to Meg. "See Meg, I told you we would be welcome here!"

"Uh huh", his new sidekick says as she fiddles with her rings.

"Leo how have things been? I heard you had died."

"Oh, no. As you can see I am perfectly healthy", the Latino smirks at him.

As the three walk together, Lester notices a-lot of commotion in the camp, mostly situated towards the big house. He spots Percy Jackson running towards the house with Nico di Angelo.

"Leo, is everything alright around here?", Lester asks curiously.

Leo smiles again, "Everything's perfect." Lester looks at him as he notices Leo turn towards him just outside the entrance to the training grounds.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!"

Leo's POV

The fireball he had summoned vanishes in an instant as he's tackled to the ground by Percy! Leo scowls and lands in the dirt, as he tries to get up he finds Percy pinning him down.

"How could you!?", Percy shouts at him angrily.

Leo doesn't respond and tries to kick Percy off of him but to no avail. The son of Poseidon was just too strong. His fingers twitch as a fireball appears in his hand, Percy however notices and a splash of water from the river nearby drenches them both!

Over Percy's shoulder, a dumbfounded Apollo stands there confused when he's soon joined by the last people Leo wanted to see.

Reyna, Chiron and Jason were staring at Leo with several emotions, however that wasn't the worst part. A forth person rushed past Jason who had been holding her back and kicked Leo straight in his face!

"LEO HOW COULD YOU! FRANK WAS YOUR FRIEND! YOUR FRIEND!! HE TRUSTED YOU!"

Nico quickly comes forward, holding the hysterical Hazel in his arms but glaring at Leo all the same.

Reyna looks down on Leo with absolute disgust and anger. Her purple cloak billowing in the wind, identical to Frank's. Her gold armor had medals pinned to it as well and her golden gladius was at her side. Without taking her eyes off him, she issues orders to Dakota through clenched teeth. "Chain him up. Now. Leo Valdez you are officially under arrest for the murder of Praetor Frank Zhang. You will be taken to New Rome for trial, you will be found guilty. We will then have you executed."

Percy looks down on Leo with rage, but behind it sadness. Leo could see it, but he didn't care. His focus was all on Apollo. As Percy moves off him to allow Dakota to arrest him, Leo suddenly shoves past them both! In one swift motion, he grabs Reyna's sword from her scabbard! His eyes directly on Apollo's heart, he raises the sword to his target.

Same as when he hit the elevator button in the House of Hades, he does not miss...

Five seconds later, Leo is again face first in the dirt, this time held down by Dakota and Jason but it was too late. The deed was done.

Apollo also known as Lester, was dead. He lay on his back on the ground, mere inches from Leo. The Roman gladius impaled in his chest... Leo, still on the ground, glanced sideways at Meg, who nods to him, and vanishes through the woods...

Leo sighs and allows his tears to fall.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 96 16
Aʀᴄᴀɴᴇ • Uɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴏᴏᴅ ʙʏ ᴀ ғᴇᴡ, Mʏsᴛᴇʀɪᴏᴜs ᴏʀ 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩. ✈︎ 𝙁𝙚𝙖𝙧. 𝙄𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙤𝙣 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙞𝙣𝙫𝙞𝙙𝙞𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡...
66.1K 2.3K 12
Nico can't seem to get over his feeling for Percy, no matter how hard he tries. When someone else catches Nico's attention, will he take a chance, or...
1.8K 40 23
A daughter of Apollo disappears and in the search for her Will Solace, Nico di Angelo, and Leo Valdez find an even bigger surprise than they ever ima...
2.1K 47 10
i) yes the title is intentional ii) just the stuff that pops into my brain so i write it down iii) i take suggestions on headcanons and one shits yo...