Life Long Letters - a Matthew...

By waitem

What happens when you start reading a person's mail? What happens when you fall for words of an unknown face... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 18

3.2K 101 3
By waitem

Saturday morning, the day after Matt left for Magcon, I met up with Shawn at the Plaza. We ordered our usual stuff and sat down by our usual table. It was nice to go back to normal for a while.

"So how's Matt doing?" Shawn asked and took a sip of his coffee. It took me a while to answer because I didn't really know how he was doing.
"He lost his brother... How do you think he's feeling?" Shawn looked down a bit embarrassed but I made sure to tell him it was okay. A few sips of coffee later, Shawn opened his mouth as if I wanted to speak but stopped himself on the way.
"What?" I asked curious.
"Uh... Nothing." He replied uninterested.
"Oh come on, Shawn, tell me." I begged and looked at him with puppy eyes.
"It's stupid, really." He said but continued when I looked at him seriously. "There's just this party, at Lissa's tonight."
"Sounds like fun. When do you pick me up?" I asked and watched his mouth bend into a smile.

At 9pm, Shawn picked me up and drove us to Lissa's beach house. The place was packed as we arrived. A guy was held by a few others up-side-down, chugging bear from a huge beer keg.
"CHUG, CHUG, CHUG, CHUG, CHUG, CHUG!" a few guys from the lacrosse team shouted.
A Ping-Pong table was placed in the center of the room, surrounded by tons of people. A game of beer pong was in action and cheers were heard as someone scored.
"Want something to drink?" I heard Shawn shout over my shoulder and the extremely loud music. I nodded and smiled as he walked over to the kitchen.
I didn't exactly know Lissa. I know she's dating Evan Ellis, who's the goalie of the school team, and that she's very popular around school. So I was surprised when Shawn asked me about the party, since she usually didn't invite people outside of her group of friends.
I started walking towards the balcony, so I wouldn't look weird and awkward. A couple was having a hard-core making out session as I walked outside, but stopped as they saw me.
"Let's go upstairs instead." The guy said and I appreciated that. I looked out over the ocean and was amazed by the sky, shifting colors as the sun had just gone down behind the horizon.
"Y/N!?" I heard a familiar voice behind me. I turned around and saw Katherine there. She was wearing a black mini dress, which was dragged up so you could almost see her butt. Looking at her hair and the make-up under her eyes, I realized she was drunk.
"Hey Cathy!" I replied and she stumbled over to me.
"Aj deedn't know - Aj - Aj deedn't know Lissuurrr invajteed you!!" she spoke in a wet voice. She hugged me and before I could reply, she opened he mouth again. "You're so prjetty... you're always so prjitty!" she explained and I was saved by Connor.
"Hey Katherine. Come here instead." He said and looked at me with a forgiving look. His lips formed the words I'm sorry. And I nodded it was okay. I could tell he was, by far, more sober than she was. He led her inside and on the way they met Shawn.
"Here's your drink, my lady." He said with a funny voice and handed me a beer.
"I didn't realize a 'drink' was beer." I said and laughed. I didn't take the beer because I didn't want to end up like Katherine.
"More for me." Shawn laughed when I rejected the beer.
After watching Shawn drink up both bottles of beer and cheering for him in a game of beer pong, I sat down on a couch as he went for his third round.
Music was playing, people were dancing and suddenly I was in a full conversation with Lissa. Or... She was having a conversation with herself next to me.
"I mean, he basically wanted me to kiss him, but I didn't and now he's being a total ascrack. Like, I don't want to kiss someone who spits when they talk." She said with her girly, pitchy voice. I looked around confused and as I came back to Lissa, she was sleeping.
"Well that was fast." I said and stood up. I walked outside, thinking maybe it'd be less of a mess there. Shawn came behind me and held his arm over my shoulders.
"Why don't you love me?" he asked and I looked at him shocked.
"What are you talking about? Of course I love you!"
"Not like that! Like... Why don't you love, love me?"
"Are you serious?" I laughed and removed his arm from me.
"I'm one-hundred percent serious."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 119 22
what happens when you fall in love with someone you can't be with, and be in a love triangle of two boys you don't like back, in a rollercoaster, wil...
13.3K 296 17
You thought your life was great, you had a boyfriend, a house, and a crappy car! Now all you need is a job, you decide to work at Freddy Fazbear's Pi...
37.3K 4.2K 37
an avneil ff. what happens when u actually fall in love someone but years later u find out the person u love is someone else and not the person u t...
61.7K 692 27
Every woman wants to fall in love, dream to have their own love story. But? What will you do if love really hasn't coming your way? And you happe...