Chapter 17

First thing I did after school was go home to Matt. He was leaning against the car as I arrived.
"Didn't think you'd show." He said and walked up to me.
"Ehh... Didn't have much to do." I joked and hugged him tight.
"I'll miss you." He whispered during the hug. I let go a bit so I could see his face.
"I'll miss you too." I whispered back and looked him in the eyes. Just as he started leaning in for a kiss, his mom came out from the house, so I pushed him off.
"Hi Mrs. Espinosa!" I said and hugged her. We'd come pretty close since the tragedy.
"You know, you can just call me by my first name. Mrs. Espinosa makes me sound so... so old." She said and laughed. I laughed with her. "But hey, don't stop what you two love birds were doing just for me." She said and got in the car. I smiled and looked up at Matt.
"Mom... Don't use the words love and birds when you're talking about us ever again." He said and laughed. Then he kissed my lips gently. He cupped my cheeks and I grabbed the loose parts of his t-shirt.
"I wish I could just stay here with you instead." He said and clenched his jaw. God, that's sexy.
"You know this is what you need." I said and looked into his chest.
"But what if what I need, is you?" he said and stroke my hair.
"Then I'll be here when you come back." I said.
I waved goodbye as they left the driveway. I watched the car drive away on the endlessly long road. As they got to the point where I couldn't see them anymore, I turned around and started walking home again. I dialed Katherine's number.
"Hey Cathy." I said when she mumbled a hello.
"What's up chicka?" she asked and I could hear how someone laughed in the background.
"Not much, just said goodbye to Matt." I said.
"Oh, yeah he was going to that Magcon right?" she said and started laughing at something going on at the other end.
"Yeah... Miss Katherine, are you having a boy over?" I asked and laughed.
"Well, technically he lives here, so it's not really over, over." She giggled.
"I know, just thought about the fact that you never crossed the line between boys and girls in your apartment." She got silent for a while.
"He has a pass card." She laughed and so did Connor.
We talked just a little bit more, then I hung up. They made a cute couple.
I got home and changed into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. I made my way over to the kitchen and opened up the fridge. I took out some Arizona and then took out a bag of chips. I curled up in the couch and watched Pretty Little Liars. I had a lot to catch up on. Like, who the hell is A? I had missed so much, ugh. I stayed up basically all night and watched whole season 4 and the few episodes from season 5. I needed this. Some time to relax and just be myself. I hadn't relaxed in what felt like forever. Also, a bit of sleep wouldn't exactly hurt...