Chapter 21

We hugged for a really long time, before going out to his car. He asked me about the Shawn drama and how I'd been doing, when in fact, I should be the one who asks him how he is doing.
"I'm fine, Y/N. I really am." He said and took a left turn, out from the airport.
"I'm glad to hear that." I said gently and caressed his arm softly.
"So... From one thing to another. The boys are really excited to see you!" he said and quickly looks over at me before continuing to the road.
"You've told them about me?" I asked and could feel my cheeks turning red. Not from embarrassing but from cuteness (yes that's a thing).
"Of course I have. You're my girl." He said and takes my hand. "And besides, I couldn't exactly just take any girl to the events, it have to be someone special." He continued.
"So you're saying I'm special huh?" I say and hit him playfully on the arm.
"I'd say you're like an 11/10 on a scale of specialness." He said and looked over at me. We laughed and then we were there. Signs saying, "MAGCON ATL, TICKET'S ON SALE NOW!" and fans screaming. It was in that moment, I realized how big this thing actually is. We drove into a parking garage and then walked over to the elevator.
"So, the event starts in like 40 minutes, and I have to be there. Do you want to meet the boys now, or just come to the event later?" he asked and I didn't know what to answer. "Of course, you can do both..." he suggested and smiled. I nodded and he took my hand. We went upstairs and there was a stage placed in the back of the big room. A few guys were sitting on the stage and as they spotted Matt they shouted for him to come over.
"Come on!" he said and nodded towards the boys. I walked behind him over to the stage and as we got there, he said;
"Boys, this is Y/N." I looked out from behind him and said hi. One of the boys jumped down from the stage and reached out his hand.
"Hey, I'm Cameron." He said and I shook his hand.
"Y/N." I replied and then they all introduced themselves.
"Nash." A brunette guy with a bit of blonde in his quiff said.
"I'm Hayes." Another brunette said. "Brother with this shitbag." He said and laughed, while hitting Nash on the arm. The boys laughed.
"Uh... Taylor." A guy in a beanie and a tie-dyed shirt said.
"And I'm Carter." The last one said. They all seemed so nice and cool. I understand why Matt likes this place so much.
"We should get going." Taylor said. "This place is gonna be packed soon." We walked backstage and there was not much there. A few bottles of waters lined up on a table and a couple of couches in the middle of the room.
We just hung out until the show started. Talking about everything and nothing while listening to the sounds of fans screaming. A girl named Mahogany joined us with 5 other boys named Aaron, Jack J, Jack G, Jacob and Sammy. Everyone joked about inside stuff, stuff I didn't understand, and talking about people I didn't know. But I actually never, not even once, felt like I didn't belong. Because between the gossip and jokes, they actually wanted to know about me and let me talk and joke and laugh. I felt like home and it had only been 30 minutes.
The show started and I sat down behind the DJ booth, where Mahogany was jamming and blasting music in her big fluffy hair. Magcon wasn't what I expected. Apparently it's all about being as crazy as possible. But, they also had talent. Well, a few of them. Aaron and Jacob sung a song each and the crowd loved it. Jack and Jack have their own songs they do. A song named Paradise was really catchy and got stuck on my brain right away. And then there's those who are absolutely tone deaf, like Nash and Cameron.
After Gilinsky and Johnson's performance, Matt went up on the stage all alone. All I could think was; oh God, this is not gonna end pretty.