It Ends Here... (Book III)

By thevelvetrose

*Going to edit* (Part of the New beginning series.. book 3) Samantha has been through more than any human can... More

*It ends here... {1}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {2}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {3}
It ends here.... (Sequel to Rise Against) {4}
It ends here.... (Sequel to Rise Against) {5}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {6}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {7}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {8}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {9}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {10}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {11}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {12}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {13}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {14}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {15}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {16}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {17}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {18}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {19}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {21}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {22}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {23}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {24}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {25}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {26}
It ends here... (Epilogue!)

It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {20}

8.8K 102 21
By thevelvetrose

Author's Note:

Wow. I've been writing so much that my wrist hurts.

I'm posting so soon to make up for the days I didn't post. lol.

I hope you like it. it may be confusing but hopefully I made it clear enough because

sometimes I think of stuff and don't explain well.

Anyways. tell me what you think :) please vote

-the velvet rose-

...............................................................................................................................................

Recap:

"Yes. Although if you saw my mind. You might be terrified" He said in a creepy voice.

I whacked him with a pillow and we went to sleep. At least he did. I was thinking about all of this. No wonder you wouldn't want to leave your spouse. The more you touched them. The more you know about them. The more you love them.

That's probably why Jack's dad killed himself.

I'm so gonna talk more about this tomorrow..

....................................................................................................................................

My hand felt around for Jack. But I couldn't find him. I opened my eyes and saw I was alone in the big empty bed. Last night came to mind. The conversation we had about marriage. And I need to know more.

I slid on my robe and went downstairs into the kitchen.

Jack was pouring coffee when I came in.

"Good morning" He greeted.

"Good morning.... So.... About last night... was it just all a joke? Or was it true?" I asked bluntly. Sounding a bit like him.

He chuckled and turned to look at me. He seemed amused by my reaction.

"I don't normally lie" He told me.

"So.. Did you?"

"No"

I smiled. Well grinned more like it. Then sat at the table. He sat down too and stirred his coffee.

"Could you please tell me more?" I asked.

"Hmm..." He was messing with me. But I was too desperate to even tease him back.

"Please?" I pouted.

"What do you want to know?" He sighed in defeat.

"How do you make the connection?"

"My grandmother told me this. So she left out many details.. But you have to break the mental barrier that is deep inside each other. And it can only happen once. So lets say if... Betty. Mentally broke the barrier in... Peter. Then they are completely open to each other.

Every time they touch. They can see into each other. Unless you block them. But why would you?

So Betty. Cannot connect with.. Darrel. Because she and Peter have connected already"

"Betty and Peter?" I laughed.

"I'm using my grandmother's method" He rolled his eyes.

Even though he explained this to me. I was still confused and completely interested in knowing more.

He seemed willing to tell me.

"How long would the connection take?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. Minutes? Hours? It depends on how willing the people are"

"So how do you break the barrier?"

"Well. You have to be touching. But I guess you just focus? My grandmother told me all of this when I was six. Before the.. And it was long ago" He explained.

Wow. I had forgotten he lost so many people. All the females in the family. Gone in one day.

"Did your mom and dad connect?" I asked.

"Not really, no. she was human. Its not as strong being human"

"Oh. Yeah. I forgot.."

I wanted to ask about his family. How did his mom and dad meet? Who all did he lose? What was life on Renton like before the fatal day?

But I didn't want to push it. I don't want to make him sad..

My hand brushed his on the table. I smiled at him as he looked at me.

Do I want to be with him and only him? Am I that in love with him?

Yes. I do and am.

Zack walked in then and Jack stood up. Not as in he was afraid of Zack or anything. He was just startled.

"I better go shower" He muttered and left.

"What was that about?" Zack asked me as he started making breakfast.

"Um..." I'm not gonna lie to him. "Jack was telling me about Renton marriage"

He stiffened a little. Then started stirring the food again. "Oh?"

"Yeah. Sounds nice. Much better then human/earth marriage"

"It is. My dad told me all about it" He muttered.

"Jack said his grandmother told him"

"Yes. She was very open and close with Jack. My dad told me about marriage and the 'connection'"

I nodded. I don't want this to be awkward. Jack and I aren't planning on marriage the Renton way anytime soon. I don't think.

(One month later)

I'm now six months pregnant I think. I look three months. Weird. Must be a Twiad thing.

Jack and I have been close. We haven't talked about the marriage thing since that day in the kitchen.

I've been crazy with hormones. Angry, sad, happy. You name it. But I haven't hurt anyone.

As I was reading my book. Jack walked in.

"Samantha. I want to be with you" He said so bluntly and forcefully.

I stared at him blankly.

"What exactly do you mean? like. We are a couple right now"

"I'm talking about marriage"

Well. That was romantic. I thought sarcastically. I got off the bed and walked over to him. To see if he was for real about this. And by the look in his eyes. He was serious.

"Wow. Um.. Like. What kind of marriage?" I asked.

"The Renton kind of course" He told me.

"Okay.. When did you plan for this to happen?"

"As soon as you said yes"

"Um.. I'm not saying yes. But if I did. Aren't we supposed to have rings and be fully open?"

"Yes" He pulled out car keys and showed them to me. "We can buy them"

I wast sure what my face looked like. But my heart was racing and my hands were sweating.

"Okay" I told him. I'm trusting my heart all the way.

"Okay?"

"I do?"

His eyes turned a gold purple. Excited and happy. I put on my shoes and followed him to the car.

"Wait. What about Zack and Penelope? The girls?" I asked.

"I already talked to Zack" He told me.

Wow. He thought this through.. Sort of. I got in the car and we drove to the nearest mall. How romantic! Oh well. I'm not one for those sappy love stories.

We pulled up into a jewelry store and then went inside.

"You buy me a ring that reflects you. And I buy you a ring that reflects me" He whispered.

I smiled. I felt so sneaky and thrilled. I looked up and down. Then my eyes landed on a gold banded ring. With a big dark purple jewel in it. I got the ring and smiled.

This ring resembles me because when I'm around Jack. I feel so happy and excited. The dark purple look manly too.

When I got to Jack. He was leaning casually against the wall without any bags.

"You didn't buy anything?" I asked. A little worried.

"Yes.. About a month ago" He admitted.

"You bought me a ring a month ago?" I was grinning from ear to ear.

"Yes"

We were in the car. I felt so weird. Excited. Thrilled. Rushed. Happy. In love. And of course afraid.

"We should do this tonight" I told him.

He nodded with a smile playing on his lips. I held his hand and rested my head on his shoulder.

I never would have thought a year ago. Being with Jack instead of Zack. In fact. Several years ago. Before all of this. I never would have thought I'd be in this situation!

I thought of another word that described Jack. Spontaneous.

We drove home and sat on the couch like nothing happened. Zack came out of the kitchen and sighed.

"There you are. Dinner is ready" He told us.

"Oh. Okay" I got up. Jack took my hand and we went into the dinning room.

"Oh. Zack. You and Penelope are taking the girls to the movies still right?" Jack asked.

"Yes.." Zack nodded. Acting a little weird. I guess I don't blame him.

We ate chicken and dumplings and then we cleaned up.

"Zack and I are going to take them out for dessert too" Penelope told us. She knows the plans tonight too.

They all left. Leaving me and Jack here. He grabbed my hand and led me upstairs. I sat awkwardly on the bed. What to do? How to start?

Jack closed the door and leaned all casually against it. His eyes holding my gaze.

"Will this work on earth?" I asked.

"Yes" He nodded.

"Will it work for me? I used to be human.."

"Yes"

"What do we do?"

He got on the bed and sat with his legs crossed, facing me. I mimicked his posture.

"Okay. This better not be some joke" I told him.

He rolled his eyes and held his hands out. I grabbed them and looked in his eyes.

"I start" He told me. "I will always love and protect you. You are my everything. Our lives will be one" He vowed.

My eyes were watering. He said it with so much honesty and strength. I blinked a few times and then he nodded for me to say my words.

"Do I say the exact same thing? Or think of my own?" I asked. Ruining the moment.

"Think of your own. Or copy. It doesn't matter" He shrugged.

"I love you with all my heart. And always will. I will try my best to protect you. Even if you don't want me to. You're my other half and we will be whole. Wow. That sounded lame" I muttered to myself. He chuckled. "My life. Is your life. Your life is mine" I vowed. Not sounding half as strong and romantic as Jack.

"Ring" He told me.

"Oh" I grabbed the bag and pulled out the ring I bought him earlier.

He pulled out one from his pocket and grabbed my left hand.

"Its still the same? Left hand ring finger?" I asked. Not sure.

He nodded.

We slid the rings on each other at the same time. I looked at mine amazed. The ring is silver banded. With a black jewel in the middle shaped in a oval. With little tiny diamonds surrounding it.

"I thought black would remind you of me" He did his Jack smile.

"I love it... Incase you were wonder. Gold and purple is how I feel when I'm around you. Happy and excited" I told him. "...So... what now?" I asked.

He grabbed my hands and pulled me closer. I wiggled to that we were inches from each other.

"Put your barrier down. And try your best to get in my mind" He whispered in my ear.

"How do I know I'm in?"

"Oh. You'll know.. You might not like what you see though" He said sadly.

I pressed my forehead to his and thought as hard as I could. I felt a little ridiculous. He could just be playing a prank on me.

I wasn't sure if I was doing anything right. I saw color all the sudden. Like a pink in a way.

'Samantha' Jack said. But the weird thing was. It was like I was wearing headphones and hearing him through headphones. It was so clear and close that it made me jump a bit.

I opened my eyes and then Jack opened his.

'Holy cow. What is with his eyes?' I thought.

They were a silvery pink is the best I can describe. I was amazed by the color and how beautiful it looked on him.

'The connection has been made' Jack told me. But his lips didn't move.

'Wait. Can you hear my thoughts?' I thought hard.

'Yes. But please don't shout. Your thinking too hard' He thought amused.

'Sorry'

We looked at each other for minutes. Then I wondered if my eyes are that color.

'Yes they are' He told me. 'You should be able to see yourself through me'

'Well this is all freaky and new'

'Don't worry. Practice makes perfect'

'We can do this whenever we want?'

'Yes'

I closed my eyes and searched. I wasn't sure what for. But I was doing my best.

Suddenly I felt like I was dreaming. I was what felt and looked like a cloud. But all around me was white and pinkish.

Jack was beside me on this.. 'cloud'

'Whose head are we in?' I asked.

'Yours' He smiled.

'What do we do?'

'Whatever you want. Explore your memories. Go into my mind'

'How am I in my mind? I thought I was in yours'

'You followed me' He chuckled. Then disappeared.

I went after him. Running down a narrow hall. I was a little afraid of what he was looking for.

What's the worst that can happen though? I was running fast. But not getting tired or out of breath.

'Jack!' I called.

'What?'

'Where are you?'

'Just look'

I ran to a door and opened it. Entering a white room. Full of beds and terrified girls. I couldn't see myself. Just what I had saw and thought. Like watching a movie that is being narrated by me.

I didn't want to see or hear this. And Jack was definitely not here.

I went to another door and opened it.

Jack was there. I could feel and hear his thoughts. The room was small. Wooden walls. Dark outside. I felt sweaty. And I wondered where I was.

Then I saw Jack. From months ago. We were laying on the floor.

'This is where you go?' I asked him.

'Relive the moment in a new perspective'

'Well this just isn't fair' I ran out of the room to search for his mind. This was all like being in a strange dream.

I wasn't sure where to go. But I felt different. The halls shifted to dark cold floors.

'Am I in your mind?' I wondered.

Jack was suddenly beside me. His eyes scanning the place.

'I've always wondered what the inside of my mind looked like' He looked at me with a slight smile. 'Sadly I expected worse'

'Come with me'

I grabbed his hand and walked through the long halls of doors. I never knew what to expect going through this. I'm glad Jack wasn't making any of this up.

I pulled Jack through a door and looked around where I was.

'Odd you picked this room' He thought slightly amused.

'Why? It doesn't look familiar- That's my school!' I stared.

We were in front of the school after my soccer practice. I had medium length brown hair that was in a sloppy ponytail.

I was walking home. Hannah and Zoey walking with me. It was dusk outside. I was wearing my soccer uniform and carrying my large bag. This was Jack's point of view. So. He must have been there.

'When was this?' I asked.

'Three weeks before Zack took you'

My old self looked so clueless and weak. My pale green eyes drooped from being tired.

'I remember this day' I told him. 'I'm about to look at you'

All the sudden. My old self turned and looked at us. Well. Jack's old self. Right in the eyes.

I remembered seeing a man walking a little close to us. I wasn't suspicious. I was just aware.

But the man wore a baseball cap and jacket. I would have never suspected Jack.

'The day we first saw each other' Jack thought amused.

Jack and I looked through his mind some more. Looking at pointless memories. Like yesterday's memory.

Then I opened yet another door. I was in a house. Or Jack was.

A man, with black and blue colored eyes came in. he was talk and rather lean. His hair buzz cut and his cheeks were wet from crying.

'I would watch this' Jack told me.

'Jack. What happens next? Who is that?' I asked.

'That's my dad. And in five minutes he's going to kill himself' Jack whispered.

I ran out of that room and back into the hall.

'I'm sorry. We shouldn't have gone in there' I whispered.

'Its fine. My thoughts, memories. Are yours now. You can go anywhere in here. When you open yourself up. You have to be willing to share everything'

'Okay'

'Now lets go look at little Samantha' He smiled wickedly as I chased him.

After looking at me when I was eleven. With braces and the most hideous dress ever on. We started to get out of each others minds. It was like waking up out of a deep sleep.

We were still in the same position. Legs crossed, hands held, foreheads pressed together.

I pulled away and stretched out my stiff limbs.

"Wow. What time is it?" I asked.

"9pm" Jack told me. As he laid down on the bed.

I peeked out the window and saw the van was still gone.

"That was. So awesome!" I shouted.

Jack laughed and nodded.

"I cant wait to see the rest of the embarrassing memories" He chuckled darkly.

"So I can put a barrier up right?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Wow"

"What?" He asked.

"We're married right?"

"Yes"

I sat back on the bed and smiled. I'm married. I'm 21 and I'm married with almost two kids.

I laid my head on Jack's shoulder and sighed. I'm not tired really. I felt like I just took a nap.

Jack lifted my chin and kissed me. Then kissed my neck in ways that should be illegal.

I was laughing the whole time. Who knows why. I just was.

"Since I'm pregnant. Can I.." I found it difficult to say. I'm so lame. I cant even say the three letter word out loud.

"I can see why not" Jack murmured against my jaw.

I'm not big. And I'm not showing near as much as I should. I had asked Jack about it cause I was worried. But he didn't seem to be.

I started unbuttoning his shirt and moved his lips to mine..

I woke up the next morning to me pretty much laying completely on Jack. Jeez I'm a hog. Poor him. He probably couldn't breathe. I checked to make sure he was. It was be pretty darn bad if he was dead from me crushing him the day after our Twiad marriage.

I picked my clothes off the floor and went into the bathroom. Taking a nice long shower.

When I saw Jack was still asleep. I couldn't resist. I grabbed my camera and took a picture of him.

The sheet was to his belly button. And his arms were spread wide across the bed. His hair a tangled mess.

I was wearing his shirt. Just for fun. And then I laid next to him and snapped another photo of both of us.

Him being asleep though.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Making memories" I laughed.

"We can always remember this moment. We can see it anytime" He reminded me.

"Yeah. But its more fun this way"

He kissed my cheek and sat up.

"Sorry I cant really make breakfast. But Zack can make you some. Even though that's not traditional" I told him.

"Ah. So your going to have your ex make me breakfast?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe"

He was looking at my ring. He lifted my hand and examined it.

"I must say. I have amazing taste" He smirked.

"Jeez. Big ego.. But yes. I do love this ring"

He smiled.

"I'm gonna go take a shower. Wanna come?" He asked.

"I already took one" I told him.

"Your just ruining all the fun" He said sarcastically. I think.

I started playing with the ring. Beautiful describes it well. Last night was the best night of my life. And then you add the connection. And it makes it beyond words. I changed into a pair of shorts and a button down red plaid shirt.

I quote Forest Gump about the box of chocolates. I never know what's gonna happen next..

................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83 3 12
In a galaxy far far away... well not really that far away, where still in Milky Way After all but yeah the assholes do came from a far far away galaxy
1 0 1
CBD, the dynamic fixing in BioHeal CBD Gummies, is a strong solution for any sort of actual aggravation. It's a strong CBD pill that utilizes the ent...
17K 175 41
#1 in Number5 #2 in Aidan Gallagher I will finish this story and possibly fix grammar if anyone is interested. I wrote this at 14/15 and I'm 18 now...
The Canti By Daniel

Science Fiction

13 2 1
In a world divided by war, the authoritarian Canti people relentlessly pursue control and dominance, while their rivals, the innovative Empus, seek t...