|: Cigarettes and Candy :| Ca...

Oleh greenmoths

Forks seemed quiet and peaceful, the best place to live and stay out of trouble. Yet, all the town brought De... Lebih Banyak

Empty Sky
Hellish Teens
Young and Wid
Afraid
Confessions
Light
You Are Enough
Uneven Odds
On my Own
Did I Die?
Wild Sun
The Night Will Save Us
I'll Keep You Safe
The Long Road
In This Life
End of an Era
Home Sweet Home
Run
The Fire
We All Need Someone
One Last Time
Eyes on Fire
Alone Together
I'll Follow You
East
Just One Yesterday
The Bird That Follows Me
Cold Cold Man
Bad Moon Rising
Never Let Me Go
Strangeness and Charm
Home
not an update but a message :)

Drama Queen

9.4K 293 150
Oleh greenmoths

Declan's POV

       Jasper and I shared our second class and we sat in the back of the room together again. My first English class of the day was just boring questions about a book I've already read and studied. Hopefully my writing class will be more interesting.

       Jasper offered to walk me to my next class again, an offer I quickly accepted. This classroom was closer and easier to find but I like Jasper and I need to make friends.

       "My brother, Emmett, is in this class with you." Jasper said once we got to the classroom.

       My teeth pulled on my lip piercing, "is he nice?" I sound like a shy child, but I really don't feel like dealing with another dickhead.

        Jasper chuckled again. "Emmett is one of the nicest people I know."

       "Thanks, y'know, for being nice and for walking me here." I said softly, my hand on the doorknob.

       "Oh is not a problem," he shook his head. I just realized how still and stiff he's been. I guess being one of his kind makes it extremely difficult to be around so many people.

        I nodded, "maybe I'll see you later?"

        "I'm sure you will, sir", and with that he turned and walked away to his own class. 

         I looked at the door for a few seconds and asked god or the universe or whatever it is that controls the world to make this teacher better. I sighed and pushed the door open. The class was almost full again, only a few empty desks in the back are left.

        I moved my way to the large desk the teacher was sitting behind, grabbing my papers as I went. I once again handed them over silently, keeping my eyes on the wall of posters.

        "Here you go," Ms. Wilson handed my papers back. "There's still a few open seats left, take your pick."

       I nodded. "Thank you."

       I took a desk in the back corner like I always do and took out my notebook. I quietly sketched flowers and fruit bats, while I pondered the thought of being friends with another vampire.

      We are the same in some ways, but also entirely different. My kind and Jasper's kind have no history of being enemies, but Jasper doesn't feed from people. I don't have a choice I have too feed from humans. They don't die but they still are being attacked.  I'm still hurting people, it doesn't matter if they die.

       Suddenly, I felt a person in my little corner. I jerked my head up and met with the chest of the large man. My eyes traveled up to his face, golden eyes, pale overly smooth face. Vampire.

        "You're Declan right?" His voice was deep and bold. I could almost feel it traveling through the air.

        I nodded with wide eyes, this man is large. Large large. His tall frame towered over my five foot five stature. Don't even get me started on his arms, one bicep it no doubt larger then my head.

       "Sweet!" He somehow fit his large self into the desk next to mine. "I'm Emmett." He stuck out his hand.

       "I thought so," I shook his hand for a moment. "Jasper told me you'd be here."

        "Did he tell you I'm gonna be your best friend? Cause I am, dude!" He smiled with two twin dimples.

        I scoffed. "You seem very confident."

        "Just you wait." He said as the teacher began her lesson.

          I didn't need a reminder that I hate geometry but thankfully I got one today. I eventually stopped taking notes and continued to sketch in my notebook. Emmett kept himself busy by making paper airplanes. I noticed his notes were already written perfectly by the time I gave up.

        He has this frat boy attitude but he is clearly smart. I wonder how long he has been alive? Fifty? One hundred? Two hundred? Even more?

        The thought of living for that long seems so tiring? They can't even sleep can they? Damn. That blows.

        At least after a long and irritating day I can crawl under my blankets with my wings and just escape reality for a while. Even if I don't need as much sleep as a human I still try to sleep at least 3 hours every night. Just to have a fresh start in the morning, and it's just nice.

      They might be faster and stronger then me but at least I get to sleep when I need it. I guess I get also get the upper hand with sunlight. They don't burn, at least not that I remember. It's pretty hard to forget about reading about sparkling vampires. I bet it's pretty but definitely a pain in the ass.

         The bell finally rang and signaled that this hell is over for the day at least. I collect my notes and notebook and shoved them into my bag, giving up on being neat.

        "Hey! You should eat lunch with us." Emmett spoke from behind me as I walk down the aisle of desks.

       "Us?" I questioned.

        He scoffed, "Me, my brothers, and my sisters."

       "Oh. Yeah, I don't know I might eat with Bella since it's her first day too." I told him. "Or I might sit outside."

         "That's cool. Maybe another time. I'd invite Bella too but I don't know if everyone would be okay with that." He said sadly.

        I nodded reassuringly. "I get it, dude. We're cool." I stepped out of the classroom door just to hear my name shouted excitedly.

         "Declan!" I jumped at the high and almost music like voice.

         "I'm so glad to finally meet you." The same voice said so fast I almost didn't catch it all.

         I turned to a small girl with wild black hair. Her small face has the most purely excited expression I've seen in a while. It kinda reminds me of Renee. 

       "Hi? Who are you exactly?" I asked.

        I noticed Jasper was here too and I rose an eyebrow at him. I didn't think he would come back for me. Let alone bring a happy, perky, fairy child.

        "Jasper didn't tell you? I'm Alice." The small fairy, Alice looked scoldingly at Jasper.

        "He did actually. He told me about you after history class." I remembered, I thought her gleefulness was exaggerated.

         I should've know he was being honest.

        "We have writing together. I figured we could walk together and let these two", she gestured between Jasper and Emmett, "get to gym."

        I nodded at her. "Okay. Lets go."

        I turned back to Jasper for a quick second and jerked my chin up slightly as a hello. He didn't do it back I'll have to explain the gesture to him later.

       Alice was already a good ten feet ahead of me when I turned back to follow her. She's short, maybe only five feet tall and her skinny frame makes her look fragile. However her matching golden eyes clearly show she is anything but fragile.

        "So all of you are related right? You're family?" I questioned after I caught up to her.

        "We are family but we are adopted. The only ones of us that are related are Jasper and Rosalie. They're twins." She said matter-o-factly.

         Who adopts vampire teens? Other vampires probably.

         "How long have you all been together then?" I decided asking one more question wouldn't be too rude.

        She laughed and it sounded like a wind chime. "A while."

        I laughed in response. It almost seemed like she knows that I know. She's not trying very hard to set a firm backstory. How would she know I know though? I don't have anything specific about my outer appearance that gives me away. Other than my wings, which aren't out, or my fangs, but I get those filed down to look normal. Maybe she got a good look at my barbed tongue?

       Whatever is was, I pray she and her family don't try and kill me. I might be able to keep off one but now there's at least four, and that just what I know of.

       She waited for me as I got my papers signed and together we walked to the back of the class and took our seats, her choosing to sit in front of me.

        I was right about this class being better then my other English class. At least I'm learning about new stuff, and not repeating the same novels.

        As the lesson dragged on, the questions remained in my mind. Do they know that I know? Do they know what I am? If they don't and they find out, will they hurt me? Will they accept me?

       The longer I sat at my desk overthinking the more I needed to get some fresh air and smoke a cig. I could feel my palms getting clammy and my stomach starting to knot. My fingertips are tingling as are my toes.

       I wonder if Alice can tell I'm about to have a panic attack? Can she hear the blood rushing and my breath speeding up?

       Suddenly I felt calm. Too calm for the breakdown I was nearing. Where did it come from? That's never happened before and my meds don't work like that.

        Alice turned her head around and smiled at me with a nod. Excuse me? What in the hell is going on today?

        I waited patiently for the bell to ring, the calmness still over me like a heavy blanket. It was so soothing and rare for me to feel so relaxed, my eyelids became heavier. How though? Aroma therapy? Hypnosis?

         Alice was collecting her things seconds before the bell rang. I gathered my stuff and stood at Alice's side. Together we left the classroom and walked in the direction of the cafeteria.

        "I already heard that you want to eat lunch with Isabella, but if you change your mind we sit in the left corner." Alice said to me at the door.

       "Thanks, I'll keep that in mind." I told her as I turned to walk in the direction I believed Bella was in.

        I saw her brown hair and familiar outfit and walked with more confidence to the lunch line. I passed the few people in line behind her and the girl she was standing with. I'm technically cutting but I don't think I'm getting any food so how big of a deal is it?

        "Hey." I said to make my presence known.

         Bella turned around to face me quickly. "Declan! You're here. Uh," she bit her lip and gestured to the girl next to her. "This is Jessica. I'm gonna sit with her and a few of her friends."

         "You can join if you'd like." Jessica invited with a kind smile.

         I reached for a shiny red apple. "I'd rather get some fresh air if that's okay." I handed the apple to Bella. "Buy this for me?"

        She nodded and put my apple on her tray. "Did you find your classes okay? I feel bad, taking our only map and all. I should've asked for another one."

          "No. I was fine." I assured her and her worried eyebrows. "Better than fine actually. I had some people walk with me."

        Bella handed the lunch lady her cash and then handed me my apple. "Here you go. Don't forget to wear your coat outside."

        I scoffed at her and looked at Jessica's amused expression. "Yeah Mom. Whatever you say."

       Bella lightly shoved me with one hand. "I'll see you after gym."

       "Yes, you will." I turned to Jessica one last time. "It was nice to meet you." I said in an attempt to be kind.

        "We'll talk more later I'm sure." She promised.

        I nodded at the two girls with a smile and turned and walked my way over to the cafeteria doors. I forced myself not to look at the left corner where I knew my new friends were sitting. Even though every part of me wanted to sneak a peak at the siblings I haven't met yet.

        The fact that I don't know the other siblings makes me feel to anxious to sit with them. What if they don't want me there? I'd hate for some kid I didn't like to ruin my lunch. Until I meet the others properly I doubt I will agree to sit with them.

        I found a place to sit on the curb and wiped my apple on my hoodie. I glanced around my before pulling out my switchblade. I used it to cut off a chunk of my apple and then popped it into my mouth.

       I took deep and relaxing breaths between bites, the heavy blanket of calm gone with the crowd of students. I chewed another piece of apple and questioned again where it came from. Now it's just gone too? It has to be aroma therapy. Maybe Alice was wearing a special perfume or something.

        After a few minutes my apple was gone and I place the core next to me while I slipped my knife back onto the waistband of my jeans. I glanced around once more and took out my cigs and a lighter. I carefully lit one and took my first drag. I sighed out the smoke when I heard footsteps approaching me.

         I swear if it's a teacher telling me I can't smoke I'm just going to have to remind them that I'm outside and fuck off.

        "Aren't you cold?" Jasper sat next to me.

        "Honestly, kinda. But I'm fine." I looked at him. "What do you want."

        "Once you're done with that", he gestured to my cigarette, "I'm making you sit with us."

        I sighed another breath of smoke. "Making me? Really?" I'm sure he wouldn't actually force me, but still make me? I don't think so.

        "Alice won't stop telling me to come and get you and you're cold. So yeah, I'm making you, Yankee. Now hurry and finish." He stood back up.

       I took one final long drag and exhaled slowly before putting out the cigarette on the ground. I collected my apple core and cigarette and tossed them into the trash. Stepping back over to Jasper. I bent down to pick up my backpack.

       "Wait a second." I paused and stood straight. "What did you call me?"

        He smiled. "Yankee?"

       "Yeah. That." I narrowed my eyes, I can feel my wings itching to be out and raised up and ready to fight. "Why?" I spoke through clenched teeth.

        His charming smile widened. "Cause you're from New York. You're a Yankee." It was then I noticed his very slight southern accent.

       "Here's the thing." I stepped closer to him, trying my best to seem intimidating. "I never told you that."

        He shrugged, his expression turning smug. "Maybe if you come sit with us, we can talk about how I knew."

        Jasper reached down to pick up my bag and walked back in the direction of the cafeteria. I stumbled before quickly following him.

         "Wait! Hey! I don't need you to carry my bag. I'm not a baby!" I snapped.

         I grew more annoyed at his amused chuckle. I can't decide if I'm more pissed off or scared. How does he know where I'm from? What if his other siblings hate me? What if they fucking kill me or something? This shit is wild.

         "Jasper!" I snapped again before we entered the cafeteria.

         My ears focused on Bella's voice. "Declan sticks to himself, I doubt he'd really walk to class with someone."

        I heard an unfamiliar giggle from the same direction. "No offense, Bella, but I think you're wrong."

       I tried to ignore the feeling of eyes on me and the way the teens at the tables we passed seemed to quiet. Why does everyone care so much about the Cullen's?

       "Declan!" Alice cheered when we arrived at their table. "This is Rosalie", she gestured to the attractive blonde, "and this is Edward." The red head, Edward, was looking at me with this intense expression. I don't like it.

        "Hi." I said as Alice pulls me down onto the seat next to her.

        They seemed to continue the conversation they were having about cars. Types of cars I haven't even heard off. Emmett kept saying the names wrong on purpose to piss of Rosalie and even though she was annoyed a small smile stayed on her face.

         I glanced around until I met Bella's eyes, hers where filled with confusion. I told her I made friends. Did she not believe me? That's kinda rude.

         I turned back to the conversation, I think it's moved on to how convertibles work. Or mostly Emmett's explanation of how they work, which is making me laugh. He keeps going on about the car trolls that lift the roof up for you.

       "Declan's transgender right?" Jessica's voice distracted me. "Everyone's been talking about it."

         I snapped my head around to glare at the side of her head. Why does she need to know? Why does she care? It's none of her business! Especially don't put Bella in that awkward situation! Everyone's been talking about it?!

        "Wow." Emmett laughed. "You have a short fuse."

          I turned back around and stared at my fists. "I don't want to be known as the transgender kid." I sighed. "I kinda wish no one knew."

         He nodded in understanding as opened his mouth just to be cut off by a sassy Edward.

        "You could hear that?" He asked sharply.

         I huffed. "Don't act like you couldn't." I sassed back.

         His glare didn't lessen the whole time I sat here. It almost looks like he has a migraine. Maybe he does? Can his kind get migraines? Can they get physically sick?

         "Don't worry about it."  Emmett spoke. "If anyone gives you any trouble I'll scare them away." He flexed his huge arms.

         I laughed, "I don't think you're scary, Emmett."

         Rosalie laughed while Jasper chuckled softly. He has been very quiet and still this whole time. I wonder if it's from being in the crowded lunch room. I looked around quickly. There's a lot of students in here right now. That's a lot of blood.

       Alice stood up with her tray in her hands. "The bell will ring soon. Maybe we should head to our art class?"

       I stood and slung my backpack over my shoulder. "Sure, as long as you promise to sit next to me." I followed her to the trash can and watched her throw away a large amount of food with a wince.

         "Of course we're sitting together, silly." Alice giggled before linking out arms. "That's what friends do!"

        Together we walked out of the cafeteria, the last thing I heard was Bella quietly asking who are they. I'm thankful we left before I'd have to listen so gossip about my new friends. If they are as closed off as Jasper said they are then I bet people have some twisted thoughts about them.

       As we walked to the art room I excitedly told Alice about my favorite artists and my favorite mediums. I told her about my paintings and my photographer friend, and my plans to go to an art school after I graduate.

        I can't help but become a chatter box when it comes to art. Alice didn't seem to mind, in fact she kept asking me questions about my art and what I like to paint.

          However, art class turned out to be a huge disappointment. The teacher took attendance then let his students do whatever they wanted. I sat in the corner with Alice and sketched more flowers to keep me busy.

        Alice cheered me up by asking more questions related to art and I ended up ranting about paint brushes. Of course, that amused Alice  and I have a feeling I'll never hear the end of how red my face got as I ranted and raved.

      Jasper met us at the door after class and Alice had us exchange phone numbers. I willingly pressed my number into both of their phone because I'm sure they would figure out my number anyway.

        The three of us said goodbyes for the day and I starting making my way to the gym to pick up Bella. Using the directions Jasper gave me I could easily find the girls locker room and I waited in the hallway.

        Bella pushed the door open a few minutes later and jumped at the sight of me already at her side.

        "Declan!" She gasped, a hand going over her heart.

         I started walking towards the doors, "we have to go back to the office, yeah? To hand in our papers?"

         She nodded and adjusted her bag on her shoulder. She's being quiet, did something bad happen in gym? Did someone make fun of her? I don't want to pry but I had a great first day and it hurts me to know she doesn't feel the same.

        "Are you okay? You look like something's bothering you." I questioned.

        She bit her lip and shook her head. "I'm fine, Declan. Don't worry."

         I nodded. If she doesn't want to talk about it I understand. I trust that if something was truly wrong, she would tell me.

       When we entered the front office I recognized the redhead in front of us. Edward was bickering with the poor front desk lady. His tone was harsh and sharp, clearly frustrated. Then he stiffened, his whole back straighten and tensed. Well he definitely knows he's not alone anymore.

        "Never mind, then. I'll just go." He huffed.

       He turned, his eyes a dangerous black, and walked towards the door. Towards us. Each step he took I could tell he's holding his breath and clenching his jaw.

       While he walked by me I muttered a quick, "what the fuck is your problem?"

        He just glared and slammed the door behind him. Fucking dramatic bitch. What in the hell was that about? Why does Bella look so hurt?

       Bella and I silently handed over our papers, and Bella and the lady did some small talk before we left the hot building. We silently walked to her truck and we silently rode home.

       I would've said something, ask her again what was wrong or what happened. She was nearly crying though, and I didn't want to open the floodgates. I know Bella and I know she prefers to cry alone and wouldn't want me to notice her almost tears in the first place.

        Whatever it is that happened has to do with Edward. He made Bella cry, he did something to hurt her feelings. But what I was it? I know he seemed grumpy at lunch but he didn't seem like he would just insult someone.

        I felt my fists clench in anger, if he doesn't apologize I will fight him. He may be stronger and faster, but when I find out what he did I will be outraged.

        Bella pulled into the driveway and got out quickly. I followed her up to the front door and waited as she unlocked the door. As soon as it was open I rushed in and ran up the stairs. I quickly climbed my ladder and pulled it up behind me. I'll give her some space for now, if she needs me she knows where I am.

         I smiled as I pulled out my cell phone and pressed Adam's contact. Even though I'm exhausted and need a good nap, I'm excited to tell him all about my day. For once I'm actually telling him good news, he's going to be so proud of me.

        Under that giddiness from hearing Adam's voice answering my call, was worry and I heard Bella crying from the floor below. I promised to make friends now I'm promising to kick Edward Cullen's grumpy ass.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

105K 4.3K 84
โ˜„๏ธŽ โ‹†ยทหš โ‹† *. โ‡’ ๐จ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐‚๐Ž๐๐’๐“๐„๐‹๐‹๐€๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐๐’ ๐’๐‡๐ˆ๐…๐“ โœงโœงโœง "What did you see?" "I'm not sure" Alice replied, "do you know anyone c...
22.8K 382 44
She moves from the small town of Mystic Fall to the small town of Forks and just when her cousin Bella moves back to Bella and her mother never liked...
271K 5.7K 26
You are bella's younger sister and live in her shadow even though you can be so different from each other. You move to forks to live with Charlie. Yo...
23.4K 771 24
Where a boy who finds himself to be an unlovable monster - meets a boy who finds beauty and love in everything . This a story about a boy named Orio...