Angel of Music

By LadyKnight

Juliet thought that she didn't want to love anymore. She is fine with her status as a wallflower in her schoo... More

Love is so hard to find...
Prologue
1. That destined meeting
2. Confrontations
3. Heaven
4. Countdown
5. Patience is a virtue... right??
6. Just before
7. You are pretty
8. The First Song
9. We can't be just friends anymore
10. Please wait for me
11. All I want is to hold you forever
13. Scared and Scarred
14. Right here
15. Winning
16. Partying
17. Waking up

12. Don't be afraid

770 9 5
By LadyKnight

A'N: Hey, everyone! Sorry for the wait. But anyways, here's the new chapter and I hope you all would like it! And here's a banner of Juliet and Clarence. Ain't it lovely? I've just realized that it's my first time posting a picture of Clarence. So I was looking for the perfect match for Hebe (Juliet) and I found him! He's a Taiwanese singer too, and his name is Aaron Yan. :) Gorgeous, isn't he?

P.S. In case you guys missed it, I've posted a youtube link on chapter 1 (That Destined Meeting). It's an awesome trailer! You should check it out if you havent yet ;) Btw, Clarence recently got interviewed! You should check it out and get to know him more! Just click the external link -->

_________________________________________________________

Applause filled the stadium once again. Juliet let out a relieved sigh as she watched the audience happily talking among themselves and the judges were busy writing on their papers.

Looking at her left, she saw James and Simon high-fived each other as Clarence looked at her and smiled again. Butterflies flew around her stomach as she smiled back. His grin grew wider as he walked towards her.  Once he reached her side, his hands found hers and held them tightly.

Juliet didn’t pull her hand back. She also wanted this moment to last. As she was listening to Clarence as he sang his part a while ago, Juliet finally realized that it was time to let go of the past. Time to fly again.

Sam got up the stage again, his wide grin visible even in the distance.

“Marvelous!” he said. “Splendid! Well, that’s Heaven for you. That was their last for tonight,”

As one band, they bowed and exited the stage. They were still grinning and laughing with each other on the backstage. Juliet heard a short scream and suddenly felt a heavy object hug her, causing them to fall on the floor.

Wincing, Juliet looked at what made her fall. She saw Ellie hugging her on the waist, happiness sparkling in her brown eyes.

“That was awesome, Juliet! You were wonderful!” she said.

Before Juliet could respond, she heard James snort and saw him with a mock hurt expression on his face.

“Great. Thanks for telling that, Ellie.” he said with an irritating tone. “Thanks for congratulating Juliet instead of me.”

With a laugh, Ellie stood up and hugged her boyfriend. “Aww, don’t be jealous, James. I already know how great you are. You were wonderful and I’m so proud of you,” She tiptoed and wound her arms around his neck to kiss him, which James happily responded.

Simon, Clarence and Juliet all looked away. It was indeed kind of embarrassing to see them making out in front of them. Simon let out an irritated sigh.

“Geez, get a room, will you?” he said and walked away.

“Where are you going?” Clarence asked. Simon paused and looked back at them with a mischievous expression on his face.

“To find someone,” he said as he left.

“I bet it was that blonde,” Clarence muttered. He turned to Juliet and stuck his hand out to help her stand. She quickly took it and smiled at him as she stood.

“Break it up,” Ellie said when they stared at each other’s eyes for a moment. Juliet was the first to gaze away, her heart thumping so loudly.

“Let’s go, Julie,” she said, taking Juliet’s hand and pulling her to the direction of their dressing room. Without saying a word, Juliet followed her. She wanted to spend some time away from Clarence too, even just for a short while, to organize her feelings first.

“Where are you going?” Clarence asked, his eyes still on Juliet.

“To have some girl-time,” Ellie added, “away from you guys. If ever you need anything, we’re at our dressing room,”

Before Clarence could respond, James nodded and placed his right hand on his shoulder. He grinned at his girlfriend and said, “I’ve got this, babe. We’ll be hanging around here, see you later.” He blew a kiss at her.

Ellie blew a kiss at him in return before turning around and holding Juliet’s hand, walked to their dressing room.

“You girl,” she said to Juliet as they reached the room, “have so much explaining to do.” She opened the door and sat on the sofa, motioning for Juliet to do the same.

Juliet blushed and shyly sat on the sofa beside her. Her hands were interlocked with each other, and she looked thoughtful as she stared at them. “I am actually still surprised to hear what Clarence said earlier,” she admitted.

Ellie smiled knowingly. She remembered the time when James confessed to her and how she felt when he asked her to be his girlfriend. No girl could forget something like that for a long time.

“Well, believe it, Julie. You just got the heart of our school’s heartthrob on your hands. Imagine all the girls trying to catch his attention all this time when you did it without even knowing it!” said Ellie teasingly.

Juliet couldn’t respond back. She was too absorbed with what she was feeling. She thought she could let go of the past as easy as that, but finally realized how hard it would be. If the past seems to repeat itself, how can she move on? What would happen if she fell in love with another school heartthrob?

“Julie?” Ellie asked as she lightly placed a hand on Juliet’s shoulder. Juliet snapped out of her reverie with a jolt. She smiled at Ellie apologetically.

“Oops, sorry, Ellie. My mind started wandering again,” she said.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nah, it’s nothing. I just remembered something.”

“Really. Then what is it?”

“It’s no big deal.” Juliet said as she laughed lightly. She tried to pass it off, hoping that Ellie won’t see the way her eyes glazed with worry and sadness. But Ellie is her best friend. She knew Juliet, inside and out.

“You know you can talk to me about anything, Juliet.” Ellie seriously said, her brown eyes staring right into her.

Juliet hesitated. She dearly loved Ellie and really considered her as the sister she never had. She knew without a doubt that talking to Ellie could help her. However, there was this some part inside that was afraid of rejection, that maybe Ellie would turn away if she heard too much.

Before she knew it, tears fell from her eyes. She hastily wiped them away, but stopped when Ellie hugged her tightly and unexpectedly. It really felt good and warm to be hugged when she needed comfort that no one else gave before.

“It’s fine, sweetie.” Ellie said softly. “It’s going to be alright.”

“I’m afraid,” Juliet whispered. “”I’m so scared right now.”

“Of what?” Ellie asked.

“Of falling in love again..” Juliet replied.

Ellie went silent. She instinctively knew that Juliet was hurt deeply when she loved before. She held Juliet’s hand and squeezed it lightly as she chose her words with care.

“Julie, it’s okay to be scared. Love isn’t perfect. Whether we like it or not, we get hurt. We cannot escape from the pain, because that pain is what makes us stronger. It helps us be a better person.” Ellie said as she stared at Juliet, who was silent as she absorbed her words of wisdom. “Why don’t you give Clarence a chance? Let him prove to you that he is much better from the guy who hurt you before.”

“He is so much like Joe,” Juliet admitted as she remembered her first boyfriend.

“Really?” Ellie frowned. “That’s pretty hard to believe,”

Juliet finally smiled. “Well, they are similar in some ways. Joe was the school heartthrob. He was smart, kind, and sweet... at first.” Her eyes clouded as she remembered what happened.

“What happened, then?”

Juliet shook her head. The memories were too painful for her to deal with now. Before she could say anything, the door opened and James peeked in.

“Hey girls. The last performance is going to end soon, so they want all of us on the backstage now.” James said.

“We’ll be right up. Juliet and I would just freshen up a bit,” Ellie said.

James left with a smirk as he muttered “Girls,”

Ellie turned to Juliet and frowned. “Darn, the make-up looks horrible.”

Confused, Juliet turned to the mirror and saw her face looked the same as before, though there was a thin line where her tears flowed a while ago. She smiled as Ellie reapplied her make-up.

“Thank you, Ellie.” Juliet said sincerely. It wasn’t the make-up that she was grateful for but the friendship she has with Ellie.

Ellie nodded and replied simply, “You’re welcome.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119 0 16
Two best friends. One girl. Two sudden rivals. She never wanted to come between them. But they didnt give her a choice. One was hopelessly in love. T...
1.3K 21 37
"I'll wait as long as you need." he whispered and I felt myself blush. Carson would wait for me. He wanted me. I cleared my throat a little which ma...
151 4 15
According to him, she was stupid, useless, couldn't do anything right. According to you, she was beautiful, incredible, you couldn't get her out of y...
128 2 9
A boy named Nick meets a girl, her name was Celest. As Celest gets in major trouble, her entire school schedule gets changed. Coincidentally, she got...