A Cat's Love [X Reader]

By Cute_And_Sweet_Candy

In a world where cat people are something that you can buy with large amount of money, everyone considered (Y... More

Chapter One : Humiliation
Chapter Two : Toy
Chapter Three : Cruelty
Chapter Four : Betrayal
Chapter Five : Pain
Chapter Six : Pinky Promise
Chapter Seven : Care
Chapter Eight : Friends
Chapter Nine : Happiness
Chapter Ten : Comfort
Chapter Eleven : Understanding
Chapter Twelve : Wish Granted
Chapter Thirteen : Misery's End
Chapter Fourteen : New Beginning
Chapter Fifteen : Unexpected
Chapter Sixteen : New Friend
Chapter Seventeen : Suspicious Feelings
Chapter Eighteen : Helping Hands
Chapter Nineteen : The Responsible One's Mistake
Chapter Twenty : Jobs
Chapter Twenty One : Family
Chapter Twenty Two : A Trip
Chapter Twenty Three : A Fun Day
Chapter Twenty Five : A Secret
Chapter Twenty Six : A Cat's Lie
Chapter Twenty Seven : A Simple Headache
Chapter Twenty Eight : Unwanted Memory

Chapter Twenty Four : The Ability To Change

2.2K 85 13
By Cute_And_Sweet_Candy

~Chapter Twenty Four : The Ability To Change~
~Start~

**********

"Master, what color do you think will fit her?" Haruki asked as he moved his doll's squishy hands up and down.

(Y/N) looked up from the manga that she was reading and tilted her head. "Hm? What's it for?" She asked but proceeded on answering the question anyway. "If you ask me, I'll just end up saying my favorite color. I'm not good at deciding colors, you see..."

Currently, everyone is in their house doing whatever bussiness they had. After all, their day off wasn't finish just yet so they decided that this was the perfect time to laze around the house.

Haruki smiled and hugged the doll, rubbing his cheeks against it. "It's just that I'm thinking of making an outfit for her..." He said as he touched the doll's old worned out clothes. "Since she's been wearing this clothes for so long, I'm scared it'll rip or something..."

"Aw, how sweet of you, Haruki~!" (Y/N) said as she pat his head, causing Haruki to blush slightly with a shy smile. "I'm sure with your skills, you'll make better clothes than what she's wearing right now!"

Haruki nodded as a shy smile remains on his face. "Well, if you really want to know my opinion, I think-" Before (Y/N) could finish her sentence, the doorbell rang, the sound resonating throughout the house. (Y/N) flinched and turned serious as she stood up.

"I'll get it!" (Y/N) heard the familiar voice of Chikage from downstairs and widened her eyes. She quickly exitted the room she and Haruki was in an attempt to stop Chikage.

"W-Wait, Chikage! I'll get-" (Y/N) tried to say but was too late as Chikage already opened the door to see a familiar group of friends. The black haired cat boy widened his eyes in suprised as he too, realised who those people are.

"Y-You guys are..." Chikage said as he got hesitant in letting them in. It just so happens that the other cat boys was in the living room. Fuyuko was playing video games and while Akito was reading a book in the couch, however both of them stopped what they're doing as they realising who they saw and quickly, putting up their guard.

(Y/N) softened her look and clenched her fist. She knew this was never gonna be easy. However, just as she was about to go down to explain to everyone, a sound of utensils dropping onto the hard floor was heard. She turned to that direction and narrowed her eyes.

Natsuki was there as he just dropped a bowl full of popcorn. "What are you all doing here..." His look quickly turned feral and began walking towards the group, who shivered in his presence. "Why won't you leave us alone-!?"

"Natsuki, listen! We just came here to talk-!" Masami, being the wisest in their group, tried to reasoned withthe blonde haired cat boy but was cut off before actually finishing his sentence.

"I don't care!" Natsuki yelled as he gripped the door, ready to slam in it close. "We don't need you here! Leave!"

Before he could close it however, (Y/N) quickly ran towards the scene and hold door, preventing Natsuki from closing it. "Natsuki! Calm down!" She said.

Sensing the commotion, the other cat boys were in their pose that shows that they're ready for an attack. Looking around, (Y/N) sighed. "Guys...Just calm down, I'll explain..." She said as she turned around and smiled apologetically to the group of friends. "I'm sorry about this, it's my fault, don't worry..."

Then, (Y/N) turned back to Natsuki with a serious look. "Natsuki, listen, you don't have to be angry with them. I'm the one who invited them here to begin with." (Y/N) said, calmly.

Every cat boy widened their eyes in suprise but Natsuki was the only one to give her a look of disbelief. "Y-You did...!?" Natsuki stuttered. "But why!? Master, of all people, you should know how I hate seeing them!"

(Y/N) stood in her ground but looked down. "...I wanted to experience what they're truly like in person...!" (Y/N) said, smiling apologetically at Natsuki but averted her eyes once again. "Cause, they really look like they're sorry for what they've done and I'm curious if they're really the way as you describe them so..."

"No way..." Natsuki cut (Y/N) off as he backed away from her. (Y/N) looked up at him and widened her eyes slightly as she saw the emotions that Natsuki's eyes held. He was staring at her with his eyes saying how hurt he was. But what's even worse is that, (Y/N) can see betrayal in those pink eyes of his. "Then, that just means...Y-You didn't believe what I said..."

"Y-You don't trust me at all, Master...Even though I'm telling the truth..." Natsuki said as his voice cracked. "They really did something horrible to me! That's why, I don't want to see them again!"

Natsuki can feel something in him snap. "Are you saying that all this time you didn't actually believe my story!?" He yelled.

"N-Natsuki, that's not-" (Y/N) tried to calm him down but he was just far too gone by now.

"Then, you wouldn't do this!" Natsuki yelled, as tears began to come out to the side of his eyes. "If you really believed me, you wouldn't waste an effort to find this horrible people!"

(Y/N) bit her bottom lip, wanting to say something but she couldn't bring her mouth to move. Natsuki wiped his tears as turned around and looked down. "...I don't care anymore..." He said, his voice sounded as if he just gave up with everything. "...I get it, it's hard to believe because you weren't even there begin with."

"I really thought I found someone who can understand me..." Natsuki said as his shoulder began to shake. "...But the fact that you've done this...I don't know anymore..."

"I don't know...If I can trust you anymore, (Y/N)." Natsuki said as he ran upstairs, leaving (Y/N) and everyone in shock.

"N-Natsuki-kun..." Haruki said in concern and being his closest friend, he went upstairs as well in hopes of comforting him.

(Y/N) looked at where Natsuki fled to and looked down biting her bottom lip in guilt. Fuyuko went closer to her and pat her back. "Should we drag him back here, Master?" He asked as the other cat boys looked at her for permission as well

(Y/N) shook her head and looked up at him. "No, it's fine. Just let him be..." (Y/N) said and turned to their guests with a pained smile. "Um, sorry you had to see that...! Please, come in!"

**********

"Natsuki-kun...? I'm coming in..." Haruki called after he knocked on the door. He opened the door only to sweatdropped when he realised that he has the right to go inside as Natsuki's room is also his room. He sighed at his own mistake and looked around to find Natsuki.

Natsuki was in his bed with a blanket covering his whole body. However, his tail can be seen, swaying back and forth in noticeable frustration. Haruki hesitated as he wanted to leave the cat boy be but something tells him that it isn't the wisest thing for a friend to do. Finally, Haruki sighed and walked over to his own bed, which was just beside his.

"I know that, um...Master did something very unexpected and I understand your discomfort..." Haruki asked, however, Natsuki responded with silence. Taking that silence as a sign to continue, the red haired cat boy looked down and pat his doll's head. "If you want to talk about it, then...I can listen."

Haruki's offer was met with silence, giving him the sign that he wouldn't talk. So, the red haired cat boy just layed down on his bed, turning to the side as he hugged his doll.

Then, after a few seconds, Haruki heard a shuffle and turned to look at Natsuki. The blonde haired cat boy quietly took off the blanket from his head, showing Haruki his teary eyes. "I...I didn't mean to talk to Master like that..." Natsuki said as guilt was clearly showing in his face. "Haruki, what do I do...? I feel really bad..."

Haruki smiled slightly at the sight of Natsuki's worry. Not because he was in trouble, but because it shows that Natsuki still cares a lot for their Master. Natsuki sighed and sat up properly from his bed and looked down. "...I was really hurt by what Master did, so I just began saying things I don't understand myself..." He explained, fidgetting with his fingers, his cat ears going down sadly. "But now that I've calmed down, I realised what I said and thought that they were unnecessary at all..."

"...Haruki, is there something wrong with me? " Natsuki asked as the red haired, who was listening patiently to his ramblings like the good friend he is. Natsuki's eyes held desperation in them as he tightened his grip on the blanket. "I was hurt when Master let those people inside this house. I felt like I was betrayed yet...for some reason, I didn't mind it."

Natsuki's lips quivered as he struggled to force a smile. "...Or maybe because I expected that this will happen someday?" He said as he placed one of his hand in his head. "Honestly, I don't know anymore..."

Haruki stared at the blonde cat boy as he continues having an internal conflict with himself. The red haired cat boy looked down and moved his doll's hands up and down. "Hearing you like this, Natsuki-kun...You kinda sound like me..." He says as he smiled, causing Natsuki to give him a look of confusion. Haruki noticed his look and lifted up his doll to give him a better look at it. "Master bought me this doll when we were children. She told me that whenever I feel scared, I should hug this doll to let me know that I'm safe."

Haruki giggled as a blush appeared in his face as he remembered the events of the past. "It's embarrassing to admit it now but I still do that. Because I deeply believe in Master's words and it works, really." He admitted as he hugged the doll close and closed his eyes. "So that's why, even if there comes a day where Master laughs at me and calls me stupid for believing her, I won't mind it at all."

"Because even if she betrays me, it still doesn't change the fact that she saved me." Haruki said. "For the years we've been with Master, I'm sure you've realised it by now, Natsuki-kun."

"Master doesn't act like this without a reason." Haruki said as he tilted his head to the side. "Don't you want to know why, Natsuki-kun?"

Natsuki's eyes shone as a new found hope has entered his mind. He looked at Haruki in determination and nodded.

"Of course!"

**********

"I'm sorry for Natsuki earlier, I expected him to act like that actually." (Y/N) said as she scratched the back of her head. She was sitting on the sofa while Yui and her friends were in the sofa across from her. Fuyuko and Chikage were behind her, prepared for any kinds of conflict going to happen. Akito quietly placed drinks on the table between them and moved towards where the other two cat boys were. "Honestly, I thought I can calm him up but I guess I just made the situation a lot worse than it supposed to be, sorry..."

"Ah, no, no...It's fine!" Yui said as she hold out her hands infront of her. "Truthfully, we want to actually thank you for inviting us here..."

"Yeah, I thought you'll hate us too like Natsuki..." A guy with dirty blonde hair whose name was Tokaji said.

"Ah, no, I wouldn't do that...That's a bit too much, you know?" (Y/N) said as she smiled. "Anyways, I invited you here because I have a request."

"You see, I'm worried of Natsuki...He has a good heart and I don't believe that he won't forgive you." (Y/N) explained her worries. "I know it'll take some time but I request you to become friends with Natsuki again."

"I...Don't want Natsuki to live in a world where he can't trust anyone besides us. What if we're not there for him? Who will he turn to? I'm worried about him." (Y/N) said. "I want him to trust other people again and I know that no matter how many times I try to achieve that thought, I wouldn't be able do it. Neither does these cat boys who lived with him."

"That's why, this is something that only you guys can do. If Natsuki would be able to forgive you, then maybe he won't distrust the world anymore. He'll learn to rely on others." (Y/N) said but smiled sadly as she looked down. "...But I know it's easier said than done. Unfortunately, Natsuki may never forget his rough childhood with you but...Atleast, let him know your regrets. Let him know that people can change."

(Y/N) then stood up and went on her knees. "Please...Become friends with Natsuki again." She said as she bowed, causing everyone to widen their eyes. "I want him to live a life where he'll know when and when not to trust someone..."

Akito and Chikage looked at each other while Fuyuko looked away, they all want (Y/N) to raise her head. However, they decided that this is something that she decided for herself so they kept their movements for themselves.

**********

"Master..." Haruki said as he and Natsuki saw the whole thing as they were going down the stairs. He hugged his doll tightly. "I didn't realise Master can go that far..."

"Natsuki-kun, see? Master cares a lo-" Before Haruki can finish his sentence, he stopped himself as he saw a tear coming out on one of Natsuki's pink eye. "...Natsuki-kun...?"

Natsuki widened his eyes in realization and looked down. More tears came out of his eyes however, he tried his best to keep the sounds of his cry low. "That's right...I'm an idiot..." He said as he crouched down. "M-Master went this far just for me yet I...Didn't hear her out and even said mean things to her..."

Haruki widened his eyes at him as Natsuki began to knock his head. However, to the red haired's suprise, Natsuki was smiling. "I'm an idiot...I hate how weak I am..." He said as he wiped his tears and slowly stood up. He then looked up with a determined look. "Then, this is just a reason to make up to Master...!"

Haruki slowly began to smile as he watched Natsuki went down the stairs and soon followed, feeling proud of his blonde friend.

**********

"Ah! P-Please! You don't need to bow down like that!" Yui said as she stood up from her seat and crouched down to where (Y/N) was. "We have the same goals too, so there's no need for you to do this! So, please-!"

"It's fine, Master..." Everyone widened their eyes as a familiar voice was heard in the room. (Y/N) gasped as she sat up properly and turned around to see Natsuki, looking at her sadly. "You don't have to do this anymore..."

"Natsuki, I-" Before (Y/N) could say anything else. Natsuki beat her to it.

"I'm sorry!" Natsuki said as he clenched his fist. "Because I became an idiot, I made the problem bigger than usual! I'm sorry, Master!"

Natsuki went on his knees as well to match with (Y/N)'s current height and stared at her with determination in his eyes. "I acted stupidly and said mean things to Master when the only thing she wanted for me was to live a good l-life!" He said as his voice cracked in the end. Tears began to appear on the side of his eyes, but he was trying his best to keep it all in. "If only I was smarter and more understanding like the others, we could've prevented conflict like this from happening..."

"I'm sorry, Master...From now on, I'll be more careful of my words, so please..." Natsuki said as he grabbed (Y/N)'s hands and squeezed them tight. His pink eyes were watery and some tears even accidentally fell from his eyes. "Forgive me...I won't do it again, Master..."

Everyone widened their eyes at the sight of Natsuki, who finally couldn't take it anymore and rested his forehead on her hand as he begins to cry. (Y/N)'s eyes soften at Natsuki and moved her hands on top of his head. She moved closer to him for a hug and pat his head whilst stroking his hair for comfort. "There, there...Don't cry..." She said in a loving motherly voice. "I don't understand what you're sorry about. You never did anything wrong."

"I was the one at fault. So, I should be the one apologizing. I didn't consult your feelings at all so I never blamed for acting like that." (Y/N) explained as she wiped his tears from his face. "That's why, I'm gonna tell you the same thing. I'm sorry, Natsuki. I'm sorry for being stupid."

Natsuki widened his eyes as (Y/N) smiled. "I hope you can forgive me..." She said, giving him a goofy smile.

Natsuki stared at her for a moment then despite his lips still quivering, he began to puff his cheeks and tackled (Y/N) in a hug. "Of course! Master, you dummy!" He said, tightening his hug.

(Y/N) laughed and pat his back. "Thank you, Natsuki." She said, smiling.

They stayed like that for a while, happy they have finally said what they wanted to say. Natsuki, although was comfortable in his current position, looked up and saw that everyone was staring at them, including his old friends. He blinked and looked down in hesitation as he hugged (Y/N) tighter. Finally, he made a decision and sighed. As Natsuki and (Y/N) pulled away, the (H/C)-haired female gave him a smile to continue what he's supposed to do.

Natsuki stood up and helped (Y/N) stood up as well. Then, he took a deep breath and turned to face his old friends with a serious look on his face. "...Yui, Masami, Tokaji, and Sachi." He said, causing the said people to flinch in suprise. "...I haven't forgotten about any of you, if that's what you're wondering."

Natsuki narrowed his look but continued on talking. "Listen...I'm going straight to the point. I'm not gonna forget about what you did to me nor forget the fact on how much of a jerk you guys were to pick a non-living thing and leaving me there to die." He said, sternly. This caused the teenagers to look down guilt and that didn't escape Natsuki's eyes. He sighed and looked away. "But...I guess I owe you guys a thank you."

This is where the teenagers look at Natsuki with a look of suprised. "...Now that I had a good look on it, if you had chosen to save me back then...I wouldn't be here right now. The place where I'm happy with." Natsuki explained as a slight smile appear in his face. "I never would've met new amazing friends like Haruki and the others! I never would've met Master at all!"

"That's why, thank you..." Natsuki said as he looked back at them agan with a genuine smile this tome and walked towards them. He held out his hand for a handshake. "You may have broken my trust and I don't know if you can ever fix it but now...I'm willing to forgive all pf you and start over again."

The teenagers looked at each other and back to Natsuki. Then, they all smiled and rejoiced at Natsuki's thought. Though, a bit hesitant to suddenly just jumped at him in happiness, they managed to walk over to him. "Really!? Natsuki, I don't know what to say!" Yui said, being the happiest in the group and grabbed his hand, tiny tears of joy began to appear in the side of her eyes. "I'm so glad!"

"Same here! I thought you'll never forgive us!" Tokaji said as he raised his fist up and smirked in determination. "This time, we're not gonna make anymore mistakes! I promise!"

"That's right! W-We may have broken your trust and like what you said, we may never fix it but..." A silver-haired shy looking girl named Sachi fidgetted with her fingers but held up the same determined look as Tokaji. "T-That doesn't mean we can't make things right again!"

Masami smiled and placed his hand on Natsuki's head. "I'm glad that you forgive us now, Natsuki. Really, even if I didn't look like it, I was just as stressed out and guilty as them." He said and turned to the brown haired girl. "I guess all that trouble of travelling just to find and apologize to Natsuki was a success, huh, Yui?"

Yui wiped her tears and smiled widely at Masami. "Yeah! I'm proud!" She said and turned to Natsuki. She looked down and began to kick her feet, awkwardly. "So, um...This feels weird to say but...Can we be friends again...?"

Natsuki raised his eyebrow and smirked. "What did I just say? I'm willing to start over again so of course!" He said as he placed his hands on his hips. "And this time, let's make it last forever, okay?"

Everyone in their group laughed and nodded. "Of course!" They all said in agreement.

(Y/N) and the other cat boys watched their heart warming reunion and was genuinely happy for the five of them. "You did it again, Master." (Y/N) heard Akito say and turned to him as he crossed his arms over his chest. "You fixed someone's life for the better again. Honestly, I don't know how you do it."

(Y/N) stared at Akito and raised her eyebrow in confusion. She tilted her head at him and shook her head. "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not the one who did it, you know?" (Y/N) said as she smiled at the sight of Natsuki laughing with his old friends, finally letting go of the past. "Natsuki did this for himself. I only supported him as he do it. That's all."

Akito stared at his Master and sighed. He placed his hand on her head, as if giving her a sign of a good job. Akito looked away with a slight blush on his cheeks. "Well, for me...You did a great job." He said.

(Y/N) turned to the orange-haired cat boy and smiled widely at him. "Thank you." She said, making Akito's heart skip a beat.

"Yeah, yeah..." He said as he looked away from her dazzling smile.

"Oh, that's right..." Yui whispered, as if remembering something. She turned to Natsuki and looks hesitant and nervous. "Hey, um...Natsuki? Can I...Talk to you? In private? I just want to say something."

Natsuki tilted his head in wonder but as usual, he smiled and nodded. "Sure! If you want privacy, then, let's go outside." He said and turned to (Y/N) and the other cat boys. He made hand signs that signals where he is going and got a sign of permission in return. Then, he lead Yui outside for something she wants to talk about.

**********

After a while, Natsuki and Yui came back from their talk and acted normally like there was nothing important in their conversation. As long as their journey went, it had come to end as the day was almost gonna end and the time for Yui and the others to leave.

"You see, we don't live in this city." Yui explained. "We were just travelling here to, well...um, find Natsuki."

"That's right, we were searching for Natsuki all this time, especially in beaches since we know it's his favorite place." Masami continued explaining. "And I guess we got what we wanted now so...We're going back to our own place."

"But if you want, we can visit sometime!" Tokaji suggested.

"Yeah, that would be nice. We're gonna expect that." (Y/N) said as she smiled at all of them. "You're welcomed here, I promise."

"I'm sure that's gonna happen some time soon." Masami said and turned to his friends. "I almost forgot...Sachi? Do you have the thing?"

"The thing?" The shy silver-haired blinked in confusion for a while before blushing in embarrassment and realizing what he meant. "A-Ah! Of course! I'm sorry!"

Sachi then got something from her bag, a tiny yellow box with a pink ribbon neatly wrapped around it. She turned to Natsuki and hand it over to him. "Here, our gift of apology. I hope you like it."

Natsuki looked at them before opening the cute box. As he opened it, revealing the contents inside, Natsuki's eyes shone in nostalgia. It was a key chain with a cute design of yellow cat, smiling back at him. "T-This is..." He said, eyes widening and turned back to the group who giggled at his reaction. "But you guys said this were expensive! Why would you-"

"Yeah, that's what we thought as a child as well. But we were wrong." Masami explained. "We learned that they weren't all that expensive at all. They were made to look expensive for kids to like them and adults uses this key chain as a reward to trick kids into doing extra effort."

"Yeah, but you know the drill...We learned that in the hard and painful way." Tokaji said with guilt in his eyes.

"When...When we chose the key chains over you, my mom was there to see all of it happen and she was really disappointed in us." Sachi explained. "She told us about the truth in those key chain and we realised what we did wrong."

"That's why, we've been finding you all this time. To apologize to what we've done to you." Yui finished. "We couldn't even appreciate our own key chains anymore after we found out they're not as important as we we thought it was."

"So, we decided to change it. To improvise it and of course, to someday give you your own." Yui said as she took out an adorable bunny necklace that was hidden underneath her shirt. "Remember this?"

Natsuki turned to the others and widened his eyes as he looked at their accessories. Masami waved at him, a bracelet with four leafed clover design was on his wrist. Tokaji tilted his head as he smiled, revealing a single piercing with a thunderbolt design in his ear. Sachi tucking some of her hair behind her ear anf in the hand that she used to do that, reveals a ring with a flower design on it.

"Y-You guys..." Natsuki said, moved by what they decided to do and looked down, gripping the box. "I don't know what to say...Thank you...All of you."

They all smiled widely at Natsuki before a ring was heard in someone's phone. "Oh, it's mom. She freaking out because we've been gone for the whole day." Yui said as her smile twitched at the thought of her mother nagging at her. "So, I guess this should be it! We're gonna go now, Natsuki, (Y/N)-san, and you guys too."

"We understand. Come visit if you have time, okay?" (Y/N) said as she waved at them.

"Of course we will! Bye Natsuki! See you again!" Yui said as everyone waved back and began to walk away from them.

Natsuki smiled and took a deep breath as he stared at the key chain that the group gave him. He let out a goofy smile and turned to (Y/N). "Master...You were right." He said as a blush appeared on his cheeks as he stared at her

"People do change."

**********
~End~
**********
A/N :

Whoo! Finally, I'm done! It's been a long time since I updated! (><)

School has started for me and it is stressful than before! Being a grade 11 STEM student sure is different from the usual ones ( ∀;) Yes, I took a strand called STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) and it is a very busy strand. I'm afraid that updates will have to become a lot slower than it already is right now so I'm sorry ('°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥)

Anyway, this chapter is basically about fixing Natsuki's relationship with his old friends so I'm sorry if this was quite a long chapter. I don't really like making long chapters because for me, long chapters has the highest probability to become boring (*'ー`*) But this was a necessity so please, bear with me here, okay ('ω')

Now that I've finished this chapter, excuse me as I'm gonna (try to) do my Calculus homework _:('' ):

Thank you for reading as always! I really appreciate it! \(////)\

**********

**Please Wait Patiently For The Next Chapter, Nya~**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 399 37
This is my first story I'm going to make... And I'm still pretty young to make this... BUT, I still hope you Enjoy <3 (Y/n) is a normal 15 year...
326 18 15
A world where war and death was all that mattered. One girl who finds the best in people, will face one person that will change her life forever. A...
201K 10.7K 63
What I did was forbidden. I knew there was a punishment waiting for me. Witches like me were beheaded in front of the world. I knew what I had put my...
8.5K 132 12
*Warning* Smut. A lot of it. A steamy, reverse harem, 'why choose' story that will leave you breathless every chapter. Angel Ramirez is a girl who's...