The Orphans

By _maefair

BOOK TWO OF The Bride Life was depressing for Iole Haidee Eudora since she was told to leave the palace after... More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
Third book
BONUS CHAPTER!!
UPDATE
ANNOUNCEMENT

6

1.2K 49 0
By _maefair

"Haidee, wake up."

I groaned as I was woken up by shaking. I saw Celestiana infront of me in her night gown. I looked at the window and saw that it was still dark.

"It's still too early," I complained.

She sighed, "Have you forgotten the plan?"

My eyes widened and I instantly got up from my bed.

"Go shower. Georgia will be here any minute to fix you up." She said.

I ran to the shower and quickly cleaned myself. When I showered, the brown color disappeared and my blonde locks were once again seen. When I was done, I wrapped myself in a robe and went out of the bathroom.

Georgia was already there setting up the dye and the make-up. There was also a dress placed on the bed. Celestiana was helping her pick the make-up.

"Let's start," Georgia said once she saw me.

I sat down on the vanity and she started dyeing my hair ginger. It was weird seeing myself being a red-head but it was like the time when I first dyed myself brown. After my hair was dyed, Georgia did my make-up.

She continued applying gray eyeshadow on me when Celestiana started walking to the door.

"I'm going to prepare your ride now," She said.

I nodded, "Okay. Be careful."

When she was out of the door, Georgia put lipstick on me. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked like another person.

"Now for the contacts," Georgia said and took the gray contacts.

"Is this painful?" I asked as I eyed the container.

She shook her head, "Just don't keep it on when you sleep. When it gets dry, drop a little of this on it," She said and gave me a dmall bottle of a liquid.

I nodded and she gave me the container of the contacts. I carefully placed it on my eye and blinked a lot of times. When I got the contacts done, the look was complete.

Georgia now fixed my red locks. She started to braid one part of my hair and brought it to the back of my head and tied it with another braid from the other side. She curled my hair and decorated it with flowers.

Which reminds me, "Georgia, Eldora has a tattoo on her shoulder in the shape of a flower."

She nodded, "Alright. I'll draw it there after I finish here."

I still wore the flower necklace that Tony gave me but I made it a bracelet so no one would recognize it. I also wore the key necklace that Abigail gave me.

When Georgia finished my hair, She made me wear pearl earrings and started the tattoo. Of course I didn't actually get a tattoo, she just drew it on my shoulder with cosmetics.

When the little flower tattoo was done, she got the dress and made me wear it.

The dress was green and was a v-neck. The skirt reached my ankles and it was sort of a beach dress. It had long sleeves that would make the bracelet unnoticed.

The key necklace was seen and I didn't know if I should still wear it. Maybe someone would recognize it. I removed the necklace and also made it a bracelet. I put it in the same wrist as the flower bracelet.

Georgia gave me sunglasses and I shot her a questioning look.

"The princess of Spain is a diva if you haven't noticed your get-up yet." She answered.

So that's why I look like something Beatrice or Diamond would wear. She gave me heels that were made of crystals and she sent me of.

When I exited Celestiana's room, the hall was empty and it was really quiet.

No time to lose. I brisk walked out of the palace and hoped to be unnoticed. I saw the limosuine waiting for me across the fountain so I quickly opened the door and collapsed inside.

"Finally. Now let's go," The driver said.

William drove us away into the airport. By some reason, no guards were stationed in the gates and that made our escape easier.

"Do you think he'll fall for it?" I asked him.

He nodded, "Zeke planned it all out. He even contacted the real Eldora and told her about the plan. She agreed to let you use her identity but you shouldn't do anything to make her image bad. Also, there's a plane ticket in that purse. You're going to bring that purse, by the way. Your luggage is in the back of the car and I'll take care of it."

I nodded, "Thank you for helping."

He smiled, "It's weird to see you thanking me when you're dressed up as Eldora."

I chuckled, "Is she not that nice?"

"She's nice if you see her true intentions. Her way is awful but her cause is great. She always has an air of superiority around her and she can intimidate everyone. Make sure to accomplish that."

I nodded, "I can do that."

I took the purse and looked through it's contents. The said plane ticket was there and also lipstick, a credit card, a fan, and other jewelry. I put the sunglasses there and close it.

"We're almost there," He said.

My heart beated at a fast pace so I took a deep breath to calm down.

"We're going through the back. Once they see the palace seal on this car, they'll let us enter."

Alright, Haidee. You can do this. Just remember, be a diva.

"Relax. I'm sure you'll do a great job." He reassured.

I sighed, "It's not that easy. What if I slip up?"

"You won't."

We entered through the back and like what he said, they let us enter. He swiftly parked the car and opened my door.

"Your supposed time of arrival is 6 am." He said and looked at his watch, "There's only ten minutes left. Just bring you luggage with you and walk as if you're on a catwalk."

I got out fron the car and took the sunglasses from the purse. He took the luggage from the back and pulled it with him as he led me to where passengers arrive.

He gave me the luggage, "I'll pretend that I'm waiting for you as your driver there. Now, go."

I nodded and pulled the bag. He rushed back to the front where he'll 'wait' for me.

I wore the glasses and walked like how Beatrice would. I'm pretty sure I look like an overly confident super star but that's what I'm aiming. When I walked inside the airport, some gasped and pointed. Cameras flashed but I ignored it and continued walking.

"Oh my god! It's the princess of Spain!" One girl exclaimed.

"Princess Eldora! Look at me please!"

"Pose for the cameras Princess Eldora!"

I flipped my hair and continued walking. I didn't know if I looked confident but I most ceratinly do not feel like that. My heels clicked against the tiled floor and I saw William in his driver uniform waiting there with a smirk.

I raised my eyebrow at him as I stopped in my tracks. I crosssed my arms and waited for him to approach me.

If I was going to be a diva, then I would not bring my luggage myself.

He walked over to me and got my luggage, "Princess Eldora, please follow me to your ride."

He pulled my luggage as I followed him to where the limo was parked and people followed us with their cameras.

When William put the luggage back in the car, he opened the door for me and let me enter.

I sighed in relief as the door closed. William entered the driever's seat and he looked at me and smiled.

"See? That wasn't so bad." He said.

I groaned, "It wasn't bad. It was worse."

He laughed, "Don't overreact. You just walked and pulled your luggage."

"Yeah, while swaying my hips too much. Also forcing myself to ignore everyone."

He smiled, "You did a good job impersonating Eldora. But she would usually be more than what you did. But it was good nontheless," He said and and drove us away.

The drive to the palace was relaxing. But I'm sure when I step inside the palace, I need to act like someone I'm not again.

We entered the giant gates and made a circle around thr fountain before he stopped the car at the enrrance. One guard approached and pulled the door open. He offered his hand and I accepted it while putting my sunglasses on.

I released his hand and I walked in by myself while he got my luggage.

The maids and guards bowed to me and as much as I want to tell them to stop, I ignored them. Guilt spread into my heart but I needed to do this.

Infront of the grand staircase were Claire, Harriet, Louise, Tony, Celestiana, and William who was now wearing a tuxedo.

The elite curtsied to me but I paid them no attention, instead, I turned to look at Tony who was smiling at me.

My face was blank but I talked to him with my eyes. Only he could decipher what it meant.

'Save me' My eyes conveyed.

He struggled not to laugh so he put his hand on his mouth and cleared his throat. He walked to me and kissed my hand, "Eldora, A pleasure to see you once again."

I nodded, "I agree it is a pleasure to see me but it is also a pleasure to see all of you after a long time." I said with as much as spanish accent as I can.

Tony smiled but Celestiana and William pursed their lips to keep them from laughing.

"Eldora, estas son la élite." Tony said and pointed to the remaining three. (Eldora, these are the elite)

I nodded, "Ah, sí. La selección todavía está progresando, supongo?" (Ah, yes. The selection is still progressing, I presume?)

He nodded and pointed to the elite, "Esta es Claire, Harriet y Louise." (This is Claire, Harriet, and Louise)

They curtsied to me once again but I waved it off.

"No seas formal conmigo. Uno de ustedes será real pronto." I said but it was obvious none of them understood. (Don't be formal to me. One of you will be a royal soon)

"Eldora said that you need not be formal to her since one of you will be a royal soon." Celestiana translated.

The three of them smiled at that and nodded.

"Chicos, no sé qué decir a continuación. Ayuadame." I begged but I remained a blank face. The three royals kept blank faces but I saw amusement in their eyes. (Guys, I don't know what to say next. Help me)

"I'm sorry, Princess Eldora. But what did you say?" Louise asked.

Tony cleared his throat and smiled, "Eldora said that she's tired from the flight and want to eat."

I pursed my lips and nodded. The three elite nodded too.

"Princess Eldora, if you would like to, I'd love to show you the dining room." Harriet presented.

"Ciertamente no me gustaría que me muestres allí. Traidor." I replied with a blank face. She's so fake. (I most certainly would not like you to show me there. Traitor)

Harriet turned to Tony for a translation. He smiled and said, "She said that she would appreciate that."

With that I followed Harriet to the dining hall.

She cleared her throat, "So, Princess Eldora. Can I call you Eldora?"

I smiled and said, "De ninguna manera." (No way)

She beamed, "I'll assume you said yes."

We walked in silence but she was happy. She probably thought she had a connection with Spain now. Oh how wrong is she.

The large doors to the dining hall opened and she made me sit down on the head table. She was about to sit beside me but I stopped her.

I smiled, "I can eat by myself. Thank you for your help." I said in a thick accent.

She beamed and nodded before leaving. I sighed in relief when she was gone. The maids came and gave me food.

I smiled and said, "Gracias."

They nodded and left. I ate the meal quietly.

Now what?

Should I interact with the Elite? Should I stay in my room so I won't bump into Gabriel?

Maybe I should just do what Celestiana wants me to do while Tony thinks of a plan to make Gabriel leave.

When I finished eating, I left the hall only to see Tony waiting for me outside. I smiled at him as he approached me.

"May I escort you to the Women's room Princess Eldora?" He asked as he offered me his arm.

I smiled and curtsied, "It would be my honor, Prince Thornton."

We chuckled as I took his arm and he led me away. We were covered in silence but it wad comfortable. I leaned my head on his shoulder as we walked. He rubbed my hand with his other hand and it provided me greater comfort.

"I'm glad I can be with you again," He said.

I smiled, "I am too."

"You don't know how much I suffered when you were gone." He said, "I'll find a way to get you in the competition, I promise. I'll also do something about Gabriel."

"I'll help you," I said, "You can't do everything on your own, you know?"

He smiled, "I know and this adds to the list of why I'm glad you're here."

I smiled, "It's a little something I can do."

"The other girls don't even bother trying to help me." He sighed, "William is trying his best to solve the problem with me but he's also preparinf to leave to another part of Illèa. I think they're going to live in St. George."

"They're leaving?" I asked in shock, "Celestiana never told me about her leave."

"She doesn't want you to know." He said, "But you know we can't do anything to make them stay here with us. They need to be in a safe place."

"The palace is safe," I countered.

He shook his head, "Not with Gabriel here. Besides, They need to protect Celestiana more now."

"What? Why?" I asked although I do have a theory.

He smiled, "I'm going to be an uncle."

My eyes widened. My theory was correct, "Really? Oh my goodness! I need to congratulate her! Why didn't she tell me?"

He chuckled, "They wanted to keep it a secret until they know the gender."

"I'm so happy for them," I stated, "They're going to have a family soon."

I was saddened at the mention of 'family' and I guess Tony noticed it. He stopped walking and I stopped too. He made me turn to him as he held my shoulders, "Dee, although your biological family is gone, we're still here. Celestiana, William, your friends, and me. We're your family. We may not be related by blood but we are at heart."

I smiled, "Thank you."

He grinned and hugged me, "You don't need to thank me."

I chuckled and returned the hug, "But I want to."

We released from the hug and he took my hand, "Let's get you to the Women's room now, shall we?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.7K 1.2K 16
What would happen if the rebel attack didn't happen? Maxon is engaged to Kriss and America is at home, heartbroken. Will Maxon go the ought with the...
14K 296 29
1st book in the 'Afterwards' series America was devastated that Maxon chose Kriss. America was invited to stay at the palace for 1 month to help p...
6.4K 311 22
Just seventeen, Keira is not eager to decide the rest of her life, but as usual, she will not have much choice. She has always known she would have...
10.5K 123 20
Prince Osten Schreave of Illéa has grown up hearing stories of how his parent fell in love during his father's Selection, watched his older sister fi...