FADED ▷ Sam Winchester [2]

By mwthatcher3

❝ And I'm faded away you know I used to be on fire And I'm standing in the ashes ... More

PREVIOUSLY
1 | WAY DOWN WE GO
3 | ANGEL IN DISTRESS
4 | ANGRY SPICE
5 | PHONE CALL
6 | REUNION
7 | REST IN PEACE
8 | DYING IN L.A.
9 | READY AIM FIRE
10 | TURNING PAGE
11 | DAMN DRAMA
12 | UNDER ARREST
13 | FOLSOM PRISON BLUES
14 | THE WINCHESTER WAY
15 | HELLO, BROTHER
16 | RIGHT VS WRONG
17 | LILY SUNDER
18 | SMELL THE ROSES
19 | IN MY HEAD
20 | SLOW FADE
21 | HOLD ON
22 | DANCE OF THE CLAIRVOYANTS
23 | TO DIE FOR
24 | FORCED CONVALESCENCE
25 | WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?
26 | LEVEL OF CONCERN
27 | TRUTH HURTS
28 | HURTS TO BE HUMAN
29 | LOOK WHAT I'VE BECOME
30 | TUESDAY'S GONE
31 | DOIN' TIME
32 | SIDE EFFECTS
33 | TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
BOOK 3 | HAUNTED

2 | SHOUT AT THE DEVIL

4.4K 150 46
By mwthatcher3

A/N: the title is a Motley Crue song, y'all should listen to it

     Many months ago now, Sam, Dean, and I, were trying to find Amara, when she was still young. She was with Crowley, held up in this asylum looking place. I remember Sam and I putting cuffs on demons– he didn't want to kill them. I remember he fell to the ground clutching his head because he was having a vision of the Cage, which he told me about later.

    That all seems like such a long time ago. Now I'm back in that place, with Crowley and Rowena. Turns out the red-haired witch is the help Crowley was talking about. I'm reluctant about it, though, because I remember the last time I saw her, she betrayed us for Lucifer. What's to say she won't do that this time, too?

    "What's the bloody hold-up?" Crowley asks his mother impatiently. She's holding her hands around a crystal ball, chanting something and trying to get a location on Lucifer. I'm watching her every move. "He's the one and only Satan in the phone book."

     "It's witchcraft, not Google Maps," Rowena pipes back. I purse my lips together. "And normally I'd have a piece of hair or a belonging to lock on to. You don't even know what he looks like!"

    "He has an aura," Crowley says. "Supreme evil. Lock on to that. Do I have to do everything?"

    "Alright," I say firmly in a tone that suggests that they stop their bickering and find Lucifer.

    "I can't believe I'm once again down some dank hole seeking the devil!" Rowena exclaims, ignoring me. "When does it end? It's exactly why I'm retiring to Boca Raton. With Ben."

    I don't ask who Ben is because I don't care. "Ben?" Crowley asks in disbelief. "Who makes oatmeal look fascinating?"

    "He's successful, stable, and I'll outlive him," Rowena says. A part of me wonders if Crowley voices his hate for this guy his mother is seeing because maybe he's a little protective of her, despite what he says.

    My shoulders go straight as a sort of crackling starts to happen in the crystal ball. I take a step forward. "Lucifer," I say.

    "I think so," Rowena says. "Yes, I'll give you the location."

    "No, no, no," Crowley says. "Not right now. I just want to know who we're dealing with before we attack." I don't argue with him, because it's not a bad idea.

    "By 'we', I presume you mean the Winchesters and their pet angel? And her?" Rowena looks at me in what looks like disgust. It doesn't bother me, I've had worse.

    "I don't need them," Crowley tells his mother. "Just you." Rowena raises her eyebrows a little. Crowley sighs. "And her," he gestures back to me. I hide back the urge to smile.

    "Oh, don't be so smug," Rowena tells me, catching my look. "He's just using you for your power." I shrug indifferently.

    "So? We both want Lucifer dead," I say. She doesn't say anything else to me.

    "Look, it's obvious," Crowley says. "We got to put Lucifer back in the Cage. You're the only one who can do it."

    Rowena suddenly grabs the crystal ball from the table and sighs in disappointment. "Should've known. No, Fergus!" She raises her voice suddenly. "I'll not be involved in that nonsense again!" I huff in frustration as the red head turns and begins walking away.

    "Maybe I should tell Ben about you," Crowley says, stopping his mother. "Maybe just kill him. Either way, it's bye-bye, Boca." Rowena turns back to him with a look of hate on her face.

    "You are a hateful snake," Rowena says. "In any case, Lucifer can't be sent back to the cage while he's in a vessel."

    "That's not going to be a problem," I say.

•••

    Sometime later, Crowley is sitting on his big chair, or his throne as he likes to refer to it as. He has a comic book opened in his hands, casually reading it. Then Lucifer walks into the room, not looking happy. He's possessing Vince Vincente, some old rock star from like twenty years ago. I recognized him immediately because my mom and dad used to listen to his music a lot.

    "They told me you'd be here," Lucifer says, approaching Crowley. The king of Hell barely acknowledges his presence, though. I admire the fact that he isn't showing fear, if he's feeling any.

    "Really?" Crowley asks. Lucifer gets right up in Crowley's face as he grabs the armrests of his chair.

    "Get off my furniture, squatter," Lucifer growls. Crowley still looks unfazed. Well, if he didn't have my respect before, he definitely has it now.

    "Lucifer," Crowley says, finally closing his comic book but not putting it down. "Wearing Vince Vincente, second tier star. I would've thought Bieber was more your style." I roll my eyes a little.

    "You're either mad, or dim," Lucifer says, his voice lower but not calmer. The devil straightens up as he moves away from Crowley's chair, turning away from him .

   "I have a proposal," Crowley says. "I mean, why in hell would you want to rule over a motley, witless crew of demons? God's on sabbatical, again. You could reclaim Heaven. Now that's real estate that's worth ruling. I can handle the branch office."

    Lucifer does exactly what I suspected he would– dismisses Crowley's offer. "Hmm. Or... I could raise my hand, smite you into oblivion."

    I nod my head at Rowena and she moves from her hiding spot and begins to chant. "Manete. Manete. Manete." The 't' is silent, just in case you were wondering. Rowena holds her hands up as she says this. I appear from my spot, too, smiling a little cockily at Lucifer as Rowena's spell begins to take effect on him. She keeps chanting the word, over and over again.

    "Problem?" Crowley asks, as Lucifer is seeming to have trouble standing straight. "Mummy's little paralyzing spell. Trust me, it works."

    "Trust me," Lucifer says dangerously, pausing as his eyes flicker red, but then go back to normal just as fast. "Not for long."

    "Oh..." Crowley suddenly has a container of clear liquid in his hand, and he makes sure Lucifer can see it. However the archangel doesn't seem too impressed by it.

    "Holy water? Yeah? Ouch, ouch. Don't bore me."

    "Not holy water," I say. "Sulfuric acid. The best kind you can get actually."

    "Harmless to you, I know, but to your vessel, not so much," Crowley says, and then he throws the acid in Lucifer's face. He screams out in pain.

    While Lucifer is weak and scrunched over and Rowena has stopped chanting, Crowley says, "Now. His essence, send it back to the Cage."

    "Wah tay, fay roh lah!" Rowena chants, finishing the spell. However, as I look to Lucifer, he's still hunched over in pain from the acid. But he's still here. The spell didn't do anything.

    "Mother," Crowley says in alarm, seeing how the spell didn't work.

    "Manete! Manete! Manete!" Rowena desperately tries this spell again, but this one isn't working now either. My heart is beating really fast. Now I'm a little worried.

    "Yeah, I don't think that's working!" I say, though it's obvious. Rowena chants that word a few more times anyway, but it still doesn't work.

    Lucifer stands up straight, I just about gasp at seeing his face. The sulfuric acid burned the area around his mouth, showing the melted skin of his vessel in his cheeks and around his teeth. I might throw up.

    My eyes widen as a light shines in the room, and I can suddenly see the shadow of Lucifer's wings behind him on the wall. His eyes are glowing red also. He brings his hands up and holds them over his face, and when he pulls them away, his face looks like new.

    Yeah, we're screwed.

    "Bad, bad Crowley," Lucifer says. He begins to step towards Crowley, but suddenly Crowley sets his hand on my shoulder and we aren't there anymore.

    I turn to him in disbelief. "What the hell Crowley?" I exclaim.

    "You're welcome," he says, walking away and I scoff.

    "You're welcome?" I repeat in disbelief. "You did that for yourself, not for me. He wasn't going to do anything to me! And you left Rowena there?! Your own mother?"

    "She'll manage," Crowley tells me firmly.

    "Whatever, I'm going back," I say.

    "That's not going to happen, we're miles away now," Crowley tells me. I scoff.

    "Yeah, well, I can teleport," I say. "Chuck said I can do anything."

    Crowley raises his eyebrows a little, waiting for me to teleport. I scrunch my eyebrows together trying to concentrate, but nothing happens. "Well?" Crowley says.

    "Oh, screw you," I wave my hand and walk away from him.

  •••

    A few hours later, I'm checked into a motel room. I need a few hours of sleep, or a few hours to think about what's happened in the past few days. Whichever comes first.

    Just as I get my pajamas on and pull back the covers on the bed to lay down, someone knocks on the door. I huff in frustration and throw the blanket down, waltzing over to the door.

   "I said, screw–" I start saying, assuming it's going to be Crowley. However, the person standing behind the door is definitely not Crowley. My eyes widen a little.

    "Hello–" he starts to say, but I cut him off with a punch to the face.

***

A/N: oKay, but I really love Crowley and Rowena, so I put them in the first chapters aye✌🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.5K 2.5K 25
Spn one shots and preferences where YOU are the main character! NOTE: This series has been discontinued (and has been for nearly two years). Please...
311 1 19
Shadow. My name is Shadow. I am an angel. Well, technically. I'm what is called a "Dark Angel". I have the powers of an angel and a demon. It doesn't...
116K 3.1K 31
⋆ DISCONTINUED ⋆ Exactly what the title says. ⋆ Disclaimer: These stories are all from over two years ago, and my writing has much improved and chan...
58.5K 1.2K 52
𝔖𝔥𝔢 𝔥𝔞𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔰𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔰𝔬 𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔣𝔦𝔢𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔥𝔦𝔪, 𝔶𝔢𝔱 𝔰𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔱𝔬 𝔤𝔯𝔞𝔟 𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔣𝔞𝔠𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔨𝔦𝔰�...