Why Did I Get Married; Part O...

By Commander_Camren

A revelation of infidelity involving Lauren, weakens the already distressed marriage between her and her wife... More

Prologue
Main Characters
Part One: Ultimatum
Part Two: Don't Say You Love Me
Part Three: Doctor Briggs
Part Four: Sister-In-Law
Not An Update
Part Five: Emotional Toll
Part Six: Feliz Navidad
Not An Update
Part Seven: Trust Issues
Part Eight: I'm Done
Part Nine: No Life After You
Part Ten: Let's Try
Part Eleven: Truce?
Part Thirteen: I Plead The Fifth
Part Fourteen: Are You The One?
Part Fifteen: Le Pont des Arts
Part Sixteen: The Kiss
Part Seventeen: A Revelation
Part Eighteen: Daddy's Little Girl
Part Nineteen: Romance
Part Twenty: The Cabellos (pt.1)
Part Twenty One: The Cabellos (pt.2)
Part Twenty Two: Family
Party Twenty Three: Because of You
Part Twenty Four: Jauregui Bonding
A/N
Part Twenty Five: Intimacy
(A/N) New FanFic
Part Twenty Six: Back To Reality
Part Twenty Seven: Communication
The Hurting, The Healing, The Loving
Part Twenty Eight: Date #1 - You're Perfection
Part Twenty Nine: Date #2 - I Can't See A Life Without You
Part Thirty: Last Session
Part Thirty One: Sing To Me
Part Thirty Two: Our Love Is Incredible
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3
(A/N) Why Did I Get Married 2

Part Twelve: A Family Affair

22.1K 646 1.2K
By Commander_Camren

"Knock, knock," Izzy heard her mother's voice as she pushed open her bedroom door. The child had been laying in her bed, clutching her stuffed Olaf; from Frozen, tightly to her chest.

She glanced up when she heard her mother. "Buenos días, mummy."

Camila smiled and sat on her daughter's bed. "Buenos días, mija. How are you?"

Izzy sighed dramatically. "I don't want to go to school."

Her mother laughed. "Why don't you?"

The child sat up on her bed. "Because I'm away from you and mama. And Brittney is annoying. She's always singing your song Havana, and I don't like it." The child frowned.

Camila gasped. "Wait, what? You don't like Havana? Why not?"

Izzy smiled mischievously and didn't respond.

"Wow. My own child does not stan my talent. I'm sad, princesa," Camila pouted at her daughter. Izzy went and sat on her mother's lap and wrapped her arms around her.

"I'm sorry, mummy," the child said. "I like Only Told The Moon."

Camila smiled and placed her index finger on her lips, shushing her daughter. "But shh, my fans don't need to get the studio version, even though they're dying for it. That's our little secret."

Izzy zipped her lips and nodded.

"Anyway, princesa, you're not going to school today." The four year old looked at her mother in confusion. As far as she knew, she had a very long day of suffering awaiting her. "You'll be going out with Mama and I."

Izzy furrowed her eyebrows. "Why?"

Camila sighed and tried to collect her thoughts. She wished Lauren would've been the one to give their daughter this talk, but she stupidly volunteered to do it. "Well, princesa, your mama and I go to a doctor...to help us be better parents for you and to help us stay together as a family."

Izzy nodded.

"And our doctor wants to talk to you," Camila tried to gauge the child reaction but she gave nothing away. "Are you okay with talking to her?"

Izzy nodded again. "Can I bring my Olaf with me?

Camila kissed her daughter on the nose. "Of course you can, baby. Let's get you ready, yeah?"

After dressing the child, in a pair of black distressed jeans, her favourite pair of pink converse and a pink shirt to complement her shoes, Izzy headed downstairs to have breakfast with her parents.

"Buenos días, mama," Izzy greeted her other mother with a kiss to her cheek. Lauren helped her into her chair as she placed a plate with some toast and strawberry marmalade for her. Izzy scrunched up her nose at the sight of her breakfast, but she began eating it nonetheless.

"Did mummy tell you where we're going today?"

The child nodded with some toast in her mouth. Swallowing, she took a sip of her tea. "Yes, I'm glad I don't have to go to school."

Lauren laughed. "You have at least 20 years of school left, princesa."

Izzy's jaw dropped. "But I'll be so oldddd!"

Both her parents gasped.

"Wow, Izzy. You do know Mama and I are 25 and 26, right?" Camila asked her and the child looked at her in shock. "Oh my god, what is it with children and the concept of ageing?"

Lauren ran her hand through her hair and took a sip of her coffee. "I'm sure you were the same way as a kid. My younger cousin is always shocked when I tell her my age. Another one called me an old lady when he was mad at me."

Camila laughed. "Is that Adrian?" Lauren nodded. "He's such a strange kid. But you're not old, Laur."

"You're only saying that because you're just a year younger than me," Izzy stared at her parents.

"Wait, mama you're 26?" Lauren nodded in confirmation. "And you're 25?" Camila shook her head 'yes'. "And I'm 4."

"Yes, princesa, we know. And your birthday is coming upppp," the Argentinian mother said excitedly. "Are you excited?!"

Izzy nodded frantically. "Yes! I forgot it's soon. Tía Maggie said she has something special to give me," she took the last bite of her food. "I hope it's cheesecake, with a chocolate Olaf on it."

Lauren kinked an eyebrow at her wife. Silently asking her why on earth would a cake be something special. Their child was weird. They established that a long, long time ago.

"Are you done?"

Izzy slid her plate to her mother, hopped down the stool and ran upstairs to brush her teeth.

"Don't forget to grab your Olaf, mija. He's still on your bed."

Camila's phone went off and she pulled it out of her pocket to be greeted to a text from Ariana. While Lauren and Izzy were getting ready, she decided to message her.

Wifey: Heyy, Camzii. So I need to ask you a small favour.

Camila: Is that the only time you acknowledge my existence? When you want something?

Wifey: Yes. That's exactly when I acknowledge your existence.

Camila: Slipping my phone back into my pocket now.

Wifey: Wait! I want your hot sister in law's number.

Camila: Oh really? 😏

Wifey: Oh don't make that face. Just give me the damn number.

Camila: Ooh so aggressive. Maggie likes being dominated in bed from time to time. 🤭

Wifey: Oh sweet baby, Jesus. I should've texted, Lauren instead. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Camila: Lol. I'm just messing with you. 🤪

Camila: Maggie - 1 305 555 7623

Wifey: Thank you. Now goodbye, you annoying human being. Love you. 💕

Camila: I'm not THAT annoying. Love you too.

"Are you ready to go?" Lauren asked her wife as she reentered the kitchen.

Camila nodded. "Yeah I am. Also..." She showed Lauren her phone. "I just gave Ariana, Maggie's number. Should I have done that?"

"I mean, they seemed to have liked each other?" Lauren shrugged. "I'm not sure. Ariana is nice, and Maggie is annoying. The perfect couple."

Her wife laughed. "Come on, let's get going."

***

"Camila, Lauren," Marissa greeted the couple happily. She then noticed their daughter who accompanied them. The child had her Olaf clutched tightly against her chest as she stared with wide eyes at everything in her sight. The secretary came from behind her desk and stooped to Izzy's height. "Hey there," she smiled.

Izzy brought her Olaf up a bit higher and stepped back. "Hi." She whispered shyly. Since when was this kid shy? She had randomly met a complete stranger just the other day.

"My name is Marissa. What's yours, cutie?"

Lauren placed her hand on the child's shoulder and smiled down at her. "Um..my name is Emilia, but everyone calls me Izzy because I like that name more."

Marissa smiled at her. "Aw! That's a cute name. I really like it. I like your Olaf too. He's my favourite character in Frozen."

At the mention of the child's favourite movie, she perked up a bit. "Really? He's my favourite character too! Mama doesn't like Frozen." She pouted and looked up at Lauren.

The photographer laughed. "It's not that I don't like it princesa. It's just you've seen it over 50 times."

"But that's not a lot!" Izzy and Camila said at the same time.

Marissa laughed. "I'll tell Doctor Briggs that you guys are here. You can have a seat." After a few moments, the secretary came back and said it was okay for them to head into the room.

They were met to Doctor Briggs pouring herself a cup of coffee. She turned to face the family when she heard the door open. "Good morning, Camila, Lauren," she smiled when she saw there daughter. "And who might you be?"

Izzy shied away behind Lauren. "Hi," she said softly.

"What's your name, sweetheart?"

She looked up at her parents who nodded for her to answer. "I'm Emilia Isabella Jauregui. But everyone calls me Izzy. I like that name better."

Doctor Briggs smiled. "It's nice to meet you, Izzy. My name is Doctor Chelsea Briggs, but you can call me Chelsea. Okay?" The child nodded. "Why don't you have a seat?"

The family took a seat opposite to their therapist. As she pulled out her notepad, she noticed that Izzy was clutching onto her stuffed Olaf with one hand and the other was in Camila's.

"So Izzy, there's no need to be scared, okay? I just want to see things from your side about what's going on at home," Doctor Briggs directed to the child who nodded. "Is that okay with you, sweetheart?"

Izzy looked between her parents who nodded and smiled at her. "Yes."

The therapist then turned to the child's parents. "Camila, Lauren, I'm going to have to ask you to give us a moment. It's just for Izzy's benefit, she might not want to say certain things with you two being here."

The couple nodded and gave their daughter a hug and a kiss, assuring her that things would be okay.

Izzy watched as her parents exited the room. She mindlessly swung her feet as she fiddled with her Olaf.

"So, Izzy, I want you to call me Chelsea okay?" The child nodded. "I'm going to ask you a few questions, okay? They're super easy, so there's no need to worry."

Izzy nodded again. "Okay. I like questions. My mummy has a song called 'I have questions.' I like it," she said randomly.

Doctor Briggs smiled. "There are no right or wrong answers, okay? You can answer however you want."

Izzy nodded.

"So your name is Emilia, right? Why did you want to be called Izzy?"

The child shrugged. "I don't like Emilia, it's weird. Plus, my mummy doesn't use her first name 'Karla', so I want to be like her."

Doctor Briggs took a note of that. It seemed that even though, Camila wasn't around much, Izzy still looked up to her.

"How old are you?"

Izzy furrowed her brows, "I'm four. My birthday is soon, so I'll be five."

Doctor Briggs nodded. "You're very beautiful, Izzy. You look just like your parents." The child blushed slightly. "I really like your shirt. Did you pick it out this morning?"

Izzy shook her head 'no'. "Mummy likes to choose my outfits. She said I'm going to be a," The child bit her lip and furrowed her eyebrows looking for the word Camila used to describe her. "Fashion icon. But I don't know what that is. But mama lets me wear what I want."

Chelsea smiled. "Well I like your clothes very much, sweetheart. Do you like games?"

Izzy nodded. "Yes! Games are fun."

"Okay, so we're going to play a game called card toss. Do you know what it is?" The child shook her head 'no' because she never heard of it before. It also sounded like a poor person's game because now she had an iPad, she doesn't play those basic games anymore. "Well its all about throwing the most cards into this basket here," Doctor Briggs placed a basket on a table and stood next to Izzy's seat. She helped the child down. "Let's start, yeah? You go first."

After a few rounds, of Chelsea purposely losing, she got Izzy laughing and talking excitedly about how her aunty Maggie would love that game. And she was going to show her it the next time she came to visit her.

"Right," Doctor Briggs exclaimed as she took a seat again. "You beat me so many times! You're really good at this, Izzy."

The child giggled. "I liked the game."

"So I have some more serious questions for you okay?" Izzy sighed. "We'll be done soon, yeah?"

"Okay."

"What's your favourite colour?"

Izzy pointed at the shirt she was wearing. "I like pink."

Doctor Briggs picked up her notepad and tapped her pen against it. "Can you tell me about your mama?"

The child smiled broadly. "I love mama. She's the best cook ever! She's fun. She makes me happy. We have tickle fights a lot and she makes me laugh until I can't breathe. Everyone says I look like my mama and she's so pretty. I love my mama." The child rambled on and on about all the things she did with Lauren and every other sentence, she would say how much she loves her.

Doctor Briggs' heart swelled at the excitement the child portrayed when she spoke about her mother. "Do you enjoy spending time with her?"

Izzy nodded. "Yes. Especially when mama takes me to the park and I meet my friend Lena. We go down the slides together. Then mama takes me for ice cream, but I can't eat too much because mama says sweets are bad for me," she pouted. "But I steal cookies from the jar when she's not looking." The child smiled mischievously. "But not all the time because I'll get in trouble."

Doctor Briggs laughed softly. "Right," she wrote in her notepad before addressing the child again. "Can you tell me about aunty Hailee? Do you like her?"

The young Jauregui - Cabello clutched her Olaf and shook her head 'yes'. "I like aunty Hailee a lot. She comes to my dance recitals and picks me up from school. Then sometimes she plays with me and my dolls. She's nice." She paused. "But mummy doesn't like aunty Hailee."

Doctor Briggs kinked an eyebrow and wrote that down. "Why do you say that?"

"Because mummy doesn't seem happy when aunty Hailee is around."

"Can you tell me about your mummy, Izzy?"

The child rubbed her eyes. "Mummy is nice. I love her a lot. She takes me to the park, to see abuelita and other fun stuff when she's home. She's a singer," Izzy pointed out as though, Doctor Briggs didn't know. "Do you like mummy's songs?"

"Yes, I do. I like 'Inside Out'. What's your favourite song of hers?"

Izzy paused and thought about it for a moment. "I like...I like Sangria Wine. It's fun to dance to. Mummy taught me. Do you want me to teach you?" Doctor Briggs laughed and shook her head 'no'. "I don't like Havana. Brittney is always singing it and it's annoying because she can't sing like mummy. Mummy has a nice voice," the child gushed.

"Do you see your mummy a lot?"

Izzy looked down and fumbled with the bottom of her shirt. "No," she whispered. "I want to see my mummy everyday but I don't." She looked back up at Doctor Briggs with a frown on her face. "I...I miss her when she's gone." The child's lips started quivering. "But she doesn't comeback when I tell her I miss her." That was it, the child's tears began to flow. Chelsea stood up and went to sat next to her, pulling her into her arms, rubbing soothing circles into her back.

After a few minutes, Izzy eventually stopped crying. She didn't notice that she had soaked Chelsea's shirt, but even Chelsea didn't care. Her heart broke a bit when she saw how much Camila's absence had affected the child.

"Can you make my mummy stay with me forever?" Izzy looked up at the therapist and asked her.

Doctor Briggs ran her fingers through the child's hair. "I don't think I can. But I'll talk to her for you, okay?"

"Okay," Izzy said softly.

"So Izzy, I have something fun for you to do!" Chelsea said excitedly sparking some curiosity in the child. She moved away and grabbed a sheet of paper and some crayons. "Can you draw me a picture of your family for me?"

"I love to draw! My aunty Maggie says I'm really good at it. She keeps one of my drawings of her in her wallet," The child said as she took the paper and began to draw. After about ten minutes of Izzy making weird faces as she tried to recreate her idea of her family, she showed her finished work to the therapist.

Doctor Briggs examined the picture and decided to wait until the session was over to question the child about it.

"Does your mama take you to see your mummy at work?" Izzy nodded. "Do you get to see her a lot when you're there?"

The child shook her head 'no'. "Not really. She's busy a lot. But I get to meet some of my favourite singers. I met Demi the last time mummy was away. She's really nice. She gave me my Olaf," Izzy raised the stuffed toy to show Chelsea it. "Did you know she sang 'Let It Go' for Frozen?"

"Really? I didn't know!"

Izzy nodded. "Yes she did. I sang it for Demi once and she said I have a really good voice just like my mummy. But I don't think I want to be a singer. I like sports more."

"What kind of sports?" Doctor Briggs asked.

Izzy went on to list all the sports that she was interested in. The child was really good at football but as Americans say 'soccer' because they just had to be unique for some weird reason.

"Do you think your mama misses mummy when she's not at home with you?"

Izzy frowned. "Yes, she does. We both do. But I sometimes see mama cry when mummy comes on the tv."

"And what about your mummy? Do you think she misses you?"

The child paused for a moment and Doctor Briggs made a note of that. "She should stay home with us if she misses us."

"Do you love your parents?" Izzy nodded without hesitation. "Does anyone make fun of you for having two mummies?"

Izzy shook her head 'no.' "Charlie made fun of me once but I told my Aunty Maggie and she came to school and started to yell at Miss Kylie, then when Charlie came to school, Maggie almost beat him up and his daddy. But mama had to stop her," Izzy giggled. "Aunty Maggie is crazy."

"Can you tell me about your Aunty Maggie?"

Izzy perked up a lot at the mention of her aunt. "I love Aunty Maggie! She's the BEST! She's funny and she's always at home. I like spending time with her when she's not working. Sometimes when mummy leaves, Aunty Maggie carries me to the park and pushes me on the swings to cheer me up. Then we go to McDonald's and we get two happy meals and Aunty Maggie gives me her toy. She says two toys is double the happiness," Doctor Briggs made a note of how the child reacted to the mention of her aunt. They seemed to have a very strong relationship and Maggie's presence in her life was very significant. "Aunty Maggie can't cook." Izzy said randomly. "But when she makes me food, I pretend it tastes good so she can be happy too."

"Aww," Doctor Briggs said audibly. The child was literally a lot different from the others she had interacted with.

"Aunty Maggie is the best. I love her lots," Izzy stated with finality.

"Your Aunty Maggie sounds lovely," Doctor Briggs smiled. "Have you ever heard your mama and mummy talk loudly to one another?"

Izzy frowned and sighed. "I hear them sometimes. It makes me sad. They argue about aunty Hailee and how mummy isn't home much."

"Do you know what a divorce is, Izzy?"

The child contemplated for a moment until she answered. "Destiny's parents got a divorce and she doesn't live with the both of them anymore. Her mummy and daddy and her don't live in the same house anymore," she responded. "It makes Destiny sad and I don't want to be sad like Destiny."

"You know your parents love you and they will never do anything to hurt you right?"

Izzy nodded. "I do."

"One more question and then we're done, okay? Can you tell me about your drawing?" Doctor Briggs placed the drawing in front of the child. "Who are these people?"

"Well, that's mama, mummy, me, aunty Hailee and aunty Maggie. Aunty Maggie is holding my baby brother and that's my puppy. I named him Chicken because I like chicken."

Doctor Briggs laughed at the dog's name. "That's cute. But alright, Izzy. We're finished here. It was really nice meeting you and talking to you."

Izzy got up and gave Chelsea a big hug. She looked the therapist in her eyes, "I love you," the child said seriously. "Bye!"

After a few minutes, Camila and Lauren reentered the room, this time without Izzy. She was left for Marissa to entertain.

"Camila, Lauren, have a seat. We have a lot to discuss." Doctor Briggs gestured to the chair opposite her. She crossed her legs and picked up her notepad.

"How bad is it? I'm a horrible mother aren't I?" Camila blurted out.

Doctor Briggs flipped through her sheets. "Not necessarily. Izzy loves the both of you very much. And you; Camila, even though you're not home much, you still have such a strong impact on your daughter."

"What do you mean?"

"The usage of her second name instead of her first. She does that because you don't go by Karla. She enjoys your music and enjoys to dance to your song; Sangria Wine," Chelsea stared at her notes. "However, your absence is quite significant on her wellbeing. She cried when I asked her about that."

Camila frowned, "What did she say?"

"She asked me if I could make you stay with her forever. She doesn't like the fact that you have to leave."

Every single time Camila would return home, Izzy would be extremely happy, yes, but the thought of her mother leaving again was something she feared. She knew it was going to happen so she always braced herself for it. Which obviously seemed to take a toll on the child.

"Was she okay after that?" Camila asked the doctor. She turned to face Lauren. "I made Izzy cry. I'm horrible, Laur. I'm a horrible mother. I don't deserve to be a mother. I really don't."

Doctor Briggs sat upright and looked at the couple. "Let's talk about my assignment first before we dive too deep into Izzy." The couple nodded. "So how did it go? How was your first night together?"

Lauren decided to take this question because her wife was clearly beating herself up about their daughter. "It went fine. As soon as we got home, Camila headed into the guest room and started to pack her stuff up. Buuuttt," she stressed on the word laughing a bit. "Izzy came in while we were moving her back into our room and she was confused about it at first. Short story, she asked for a sleep over, so we ended up having a sleep over the first night."

Doctor Briggs nodded. "So it wasn't too awkward after the first night?"

"It sort of was. Personally speaking, I still find it somewhat awkward, but I'm learning to adjust to it," Camila said.

"It's the same for me. Especially on mornings when we find our limbs intertwined with one another," the singer blushed profusely when her wife mentioned it. She had loved feeling her wife next to her but she wasn't quite ready to take that step of 'cuddling' as yet.

Doctor Briggs wrote about the couple's experience for a few moments, until she looked up. "So let's get on to Izzy shall we? I know you're both really eager to find out what she had to say." Camila and Lauren nodded in agreement. "So Lauren, Izzy had a lot of great things to say about you. She loves you dearly and she enjoys when you both go to the park. She mentioned a friend named; Lena?"

Lauren smiled. "Yeah she has a friend named Elena. They usually meet up at the park. I think you met her already, Camz."

"Oh yeah, she was the one who liked Crying in the Club."

"Then I questioned her about Hailee," Camila kinked an eyebrow but remained calm. "Hailee has a wonderful impact on Izzy. She mentioned that she attends her dance recitals and they play together?"

Lauren confirmed that.

"She also mentioned," Chelsea flipped through her notes. "That you don't seem to like her, Camila."

"What?"

"You don't like her, Camila. It's pretty obvious."

"Yeah but how does Izzy know?

"Because you always get mad when she's around or I bring her up. Lowkey you're doing it right now."

Camila rolled her eyes. "Did she say why?"

"She just said you don't look happy when she's around," Doctor Briggs said as she looked at her notes. "She loves you a lot, Camila. She likes your voice and your song Sangria Wine."

Camila laughed.

"But I asked her if she sees you a lot and she said no. That's where we got into the topic of her wanting me to ask you to stay," Camila frowned and Lauren took one of her hands into hers. "Judging from what she tells me, she wants you around everyday. She notices the little things you don't think she does. Like you for example Lauren, when Camila comes on the television, Izzy says you cry."

Lauren cleared her throat and avoided eye contact with her wife. She didn't say anything.

"I also asked her about her aunt Maggie?" Doctor Briggs stated it in a form of a question. She wasn't aware of the child having an aunt. "She mentioned a Maggie ever so often."

Camila smiled and nodded. "Yeah. Maggie is my sister in law. Lauren's younger sister. What did she say?"

"Oh she said a lot. She really loves Maggie. She protects her and makes her happy when you're gone," Doctor Briggs said to Camila. "Izzy even tries to make Maggie happy as well. She said she can't cook, but she pretends to enjoy it to make her aunt happy."

Lauren shook her head and laughed. "That sounds like our Maggie alright."

"Maggie is seen as another mother figure in her life. She looks up to her judging from the little I got out of Izzy," the couple nodded. "Were you both aware that someone; a classmate had been giving her information relating to your situation?"

Camila and Lauren both seemed utterly confused. Izzy has never mentioned that before. But why would she?

"A classmate; Destiny she said her name was," Camila looked at Lauren, silently asking who this girl was.

"She's Ally's kid. Izzy's paediatrician. You remember Ally right?" Camila nodded. "She and Zayn had been married for about five years until they got a divorce late last year I think. Destiny is in Izzy's class and I guess she's been talking about what went down between her parents." Lauren shrugged.

"But why would Izzy think that something what happened to Ally and Zayn, would happen to me and you?"

Lauren shrugged again. "I don't know. What did Izzy even say?"

"She claimed Destiny was the one who mentioned a divorce. Izzy said that because of that, Destiny's parents don't live together anymore. She seems afraid that it will happen to her own parents, however she knows that you both love her and won't necessarily do anything to hurt her."

Doctor Briggs paused for the information to register with the child's parents.

"It is said that a child with a situation as in the case of having two famous parents, and at Izzy's age should be around children her age and all that is true," Doctor Briggs looked at Camila and Lauren. "In Izzy's case however, where that classmate is providing her with unwanted information it is not healthy for her. Seeing that she is at this age where communication to her is vital and a bit difficult to understand; a new route should be taken into consideration; a plan of action sort of speak."

Camila nodded. "So we need to basically make her understand what happened to Destiny's parents won't happen to us?"

"Exactly. But seeing as she's young, she doesn't necessarily understand what is going on. She's just afraid of losing you both. So as a team; part of your assignment is to come up with a solution to that and update me about it during our next session," Doctor Briggs jotted down a couple notes. "As for your issue and your daughter, you both are on the right track and I must commend you. It's a slow process but everything seems to be working quite well for the moment."

The therapist pulled out Izzy's drawing and handed it to the child's parents. "Can you both take a look at this for me? Izzy drew this a while ago. This is something for you both to think about."

Camila held the painting in her hand and could instantly tell who was who. What caught her attention was the baby in Maggie's hand. She wanted to say the baby was Maggie's but she knew her sister in law didn't want a child. Given that Maggie was in fact a child.

"My assignment for you both is to sit and have a chat with your daughter. Seeing that she has caught on to what is going on. She may not necessarily know all the minor details but she is aware. Let her know that you love her and that you're not going to do anything to hurt her. She needs reassurance. Let her know that she can come to the both of you if she's ever unsure about anything."

Camila nodded. It seemed as though the session was over. She took a moment to settle herself before she turned to her wife. "Lauren....I have something to tell you."

Doctor Briggs looked between the couple. It was as though, she knew tea was going to be spilled. One of the many reasons why she took up this career.

Lauren kinked an eyebrow. "What is it?"

The singer looked down. "I...um...you know I'm a singer right?"

Her wife nodded. "Yeah?"

"And I...um...you know..." Camila trailed off.

"Just tell me, Camz. I won't be mad," Lauren reasoned with her wife.

"I have to go to LA."

Her wife didn't react badly. "When are you leaving?"

"I have to leave tomorrow. I tried to delay it as long as I could, but Roger said I can't keep doing it," Camila muttered. "I'm sorry."

She took a deep breath. "For how long?"

"I...I don't know," Camila looked up at her wife and saw the sadness in her eyes. It was always like this whenever she had to go.

"But Izzy's birthday is next week," Lauren tried to reason with her wife. She didn't want to get mad at her because she wasn't.

"I'm sorry, Laur. I have to go."

What about Izzy? How was Camila going to tell her daughter that?

Lauren nodded. She didn't respond after that she simply got up and walked out the therapist's office, Camila followed suit, leaving Doctor Briggs without a chance to say anything. By the time Camila came out the room, Lauren was already in the elevator with their daughter. She didn't have enough time to be able to get in with her family.

Camila sighed heavily and mentally cursed herself. "Fuck."

And to think things seemed to have been getting better.

***
Y'all I'm not an angst writer, so this won't drag on for too long, I swear! 😆😈
Hope y'all enjoyed the chapterrrr 🦋

Also shameless promo, I started a Camren One Shot book so check it out on my profile and let me know how horrible it is 👻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47K 1.3K 14
Lauren g!p ;) After recently separating from her wife, Lauren tries her best to get her life back together with the help of her daughter, Kamryn. She...
89.9K 2.5K 22
We all make stupid decision and crazy things in life. We let stupid things get the best of us. We are reckless, strong-willed, egotistical and cocky...
621K 10.9K 34
Fifth Harmony were slowly but surely taking the world over with their music. Winning a VMA and having platinum singles felt like they were finally ma...
188K 6.4K 54
[DISCLAIMER: MATURE CONTENT!!!] 3rd book to the trilogy "We Don't Talk Enough". Life tosses all these things at you; some you are prepared for, some...