The Sunny Sky

By ju7393

Tsunayume has always cared about Reborn. Though, she couldn't figure out if she just cared for Reborn as a f... More

Chapter 1:
Chapter 2: Jealousy With A Touch Of Rage
Chapter 3: Down With The Cold
Chapter 4: Welcome Back
Chapter 5: Could it be....
Chapter 6: Known Identity
Chapter 7: Advice
Chapter 9: Memories
Chapter 10: Feelings

Chapter 8: Finally

904 28 126
By ju7393

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN KHR, ALL CREDIT GOES TO AMANO AKIRA-SENSEI. I ONLY OWN THE PLOT OF THIS STORY.

So here is the chapter after many months. Sorry for the wait. And especially sorry for making all of you guys wait if you are reading any of my other work. I know I promised that I'd get them updated as soon as I can, but I have gotten sick. And illness called, laziness and writers block. More so of writers block on some of them.... kind of since I do know what I want to type, but I just can't get it typed up right. I'll try to get my other work updated as soon as I can. I hope it's soon though, because knowing me, sometimes my soon ends up being months later. I need to get myself together and work on them!!!!

So, as some of you might know maybe. I was going to go into the culinary program, and apply for it. And I did apply for it. I sent in my application.... and it got lost, it never got to Chef Mike. I found this out because I didn't get contacted either to my house phone, or cellphone or by my student email. So I called the school, and they gave me the phone number of the chef and another lady who works with him. I called the lady and she said that they didn't receive the application even though I had sent it in almost two week prior. So she emailed me an application, and she told me to print it out and fill it out, then to take a picture of it and text it to her, but I sent it to her through my email since I had to attach a letter of intent to it as well.

So then she forwarded it to the chef. And I set up a meeting with her for May 31st at 3 in the afternoon, but then that day before heading over to the main campus for the meeting, I got an email saying that I would be meeting with the chef and not her. I got so nervous. But I got there to the school, in horrible weather. I swear I thought I was going to be on the news for having the car I was in have the windows shattered from the hail and fall off the bridge from the wind.

So anyways in the end of all that stuff and the meeting.... I've got to go buy myself a uniform for the program. I got in!!!!

Anyways, sorry for any spelling or grammar errors.

Enjoy.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kota eventually did come back, after taking his sweet time in doing what he needed to do. He was doing what he could, to give Tsuna and Reborn some time. Especially to Tsuna.

But it seemed that all of that was in vain.

All throughout dinner, Kota kept looking from Tsuna to Reborn and would either sigh or slightly shake his head. He had hoped that this time something would have happened. And by the looks of it, nothing happened. There was no change.

'So this is it huh?' Kota thought as he sadly looked at his cousin silently eating her dinner, 'I had hoped it would work. I'm sorry Tsuna.'

They didn't seem to show it, but they both felt the looks coming from the young teen in front of them. Reborn didn't really care, so he didn't pay any attention to it. If it had something to do with him he'd find out sooner or later anyways. Though he was a bit curious as to why Kota looked sad when he gazed over at him briefly.

Tsuna didn't want to look up. She didn't want to meet Kota's gaze, she had realized after she tried confessing that Kota had intentionally done what he did to get her alone with Reborn. She slowly glanced over at Kota, only to meet his gaze.

She couldn't read minds like Reborn could, but with one look she could tell what he was thinking. Well it was more like a feeling, a feeling that she herself was most likely feeling at this moment.

Kota had given his last attempt to help, and now he was done. He had promised after all, but one more attempt wouldn't have hurt to try.

She felt as if her throat began to close up, almost as if something had gotten stuck in her throat. Her eyes had begun to sting, at the thought that she had practically thrown away the last attempt that Kota had given her.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

That night as Tsuna laid in bed trying to sleep, she tossed and turned unable to fall sleep.

The hours passed, and yet she could not sleep. What was keeping her up was one matter that has been on her mind for a while now. And that matter has become more known after what happened earlier that day.

She knew that she had to tell Reborn about her feelings.

'It's now or never.' She thought to herself, as she sat up in her bed and threw the blanket to the side. After standing up, she turned on the lamp on her desk to be able to see her surroundings.

Taking a deep breath to calm herself down, Tsuna made her way to the door connecting to Reborn's room.

"Reborn are you awake?" She said after she knocked on the door.

No answer. So she knocked again, and yet again there was no answer.

"Did something happen to him?" She muttered to herself, "No, of course not." She later said, knowing that Reborn was and is the greatest hitman in the world, nothing could happen to him. Right?

Tsuna reached down and opened the door. The lights were off, and she couldn't hear anything to indicate that there was anyone in the room.

She pat the wall trying to find the light switch. Once she found it, and the lights had been turned on, she looked around the room.

The room was not large, nor was it small. It was a simple room. It had a dresser, a bed and a desk. No decorations in the room.

There was no one in the room except for Tsuna. Reborn was not there, the bed sheets were perfectly made and showed signs that no one had been on them all day.

"Where did he go?"

Deciding to further search for Reborn, Tsuna decided to head downstairs to see if by chance Reborn was there.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

As she was walking down the stairs she noticed that the lights in the kitchen were on. Assuming that it was Reborn, Tsuna quickened her step and quickly went into the kitchen.

"Bianchi."

Bianchi turned away from the cupboard with a cup in her hand.

"Do you want a glass of water too?" Bianchi asked while offering to get her a cup as well.

Tsuna shook her head, "No thank you. I was actually looking for Reborn to speak with him."

"Ah. Well he's not here at the moment. He said during dinner he would be gone for a while." Bianchi said as she opened the refrigerator and pulled out a water pitcher and served herself some water before putting the pitcher back in the refrigerator.

"Really? Guess I wasn't paying attention." Tsuna softly said while she tried to remember what was said during dinner.

As she stood near the entrance of the kitchen trying to remember, Bianchi began to walk past her, "Well I'm heading back to bed. I just came to get a glass of water."

"Bianchi wait!" Tsuna quickly turned around and grabbed a hole of Bianchi's arm, "Can I speak with you?"

Bianchi looked at Tsuna for a few seconds, then nodded and turned around and headed back into the kitchen after gently prying Tsuna's hand off her arm.

Sitting herself at the kitchen table, Bianchi looked over at Tsuna waiting for her to join her or speak from where she stood.

"Well?" Bianchi said trying to get the smaller girl to speak whatever she needed to say to her.

Tsuna made her way towards the table and pulled a chair out and sat herself down, "It's nothing real important. I just have a question."

Bianchi eyed her for a few seconds, "Hmm. I see. And what is that question of yours."

Tsuna had her hands under the table on her thighs. She grabbed a fistful of her orange pajama pants, "If you feel that I'm asking more than I should, just tell me and I'll stop." Her mouth had gone slightly dry from thinking of what she was about to ask, "If you don't mind me asking. What are your plans with Reborn in the relationship you two are in?"

'I don't want to know. I don't want to know. Please don't answer.' Tsuna practically chanted since she was sure that whatever Bianchi was going to say was something that she did not want to hear.

Bianchi tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear, "Marriage." She said as she placed her elbows on the table and leaned her chin onto her hands.

Tsuna felt her jaw slacken and slightly open. Her grip on her pants loosened, and her shoulders slumped.

She took in a shaky breath and tried to say something. Anything at all. But the words just wouldn't come.

"I would have liked to say that. But marriage is out of question here. That's impossible now, now matter how much I want it." Bianchi said with a sigh.

Bianchi carefully watched Tsuna, 'So that's how it is.' Bianchi thought as she took a sip of her water.

Binachi had seen the way that Tsuna had reacted, and that was enough to confirm the suspicions that she had had for a while now.

"What?" Was all that Tsuna managed to say as she was still shocked.

Letting out a sighed Bianchi answered, "I love and care for Reborn very much. But we had made a deal some time ago. Before even coming here to Japan years ago. That if either found someone we really loved or if one of us no longer wanted to be with the other, we would stop this relationship." She said as she looked away from Tsuna, and looked down at her cup of water, "I love him very much. But a while back, Reborn had said that we should end our relationship."

She didn't know how to feel. A part of her hurt to know that Bianchi loved Reborn so much and that their relationship ended. But another part of her was.... feeling relieved that they were no longer together, 'I'm such a horrible person.'

"I'm so sorry." Tsuna said. And she sincerely meant it.

Bianchi shook her head, "Thank you, but it's alright. When Reborn told me that, I.... didn't feel as sad as I thought I would have felt."

"Do you know the reason why Reborn decided to.... end your relationship?" Tsuna asked feeling horrible for asking such a question.

Bianchi sat up straight in her chair and looked at Tsuna, "I think that he has found someone he really cares about. In a romantic way that is." She said, "I had that feeling for a while before he even told me that we should end our relationship. Maybe that's why I didn't feel sad, because I already had my suspicions? But I could be wrong."

"I see." Tsuna clasped her hands together and brought them up and placed them on the table.

She felt that Bianchi should also know what she had planned to say to Reborn. Bianchi had a right to know as well. Tsuna didn't want Bianchi to find out from anyone else that she was going to confess to Reborn. She wanted to be the one to tell Binachi about it.

Licking her dry lips, Tsuna prepared herself, "About Reborn. I really care about him. Though at first he was a real bother when he first came, but then it all changed." Tsuna paused, "I realized that I lo...." Bianchi cut Tsuna off.

"I know." Bianchi smiled, "I know how you feel about him." She said as she reached her hand across the table and placed it on top of Tsuna's hands, "It was obvious that you love him. I wasn't so sure of it, but after seeing your reaction, it was confirmed for me."

"Are you upset about it?" Tsuna asked.

"No. I'm not upset. And even if I was, I wouldn't blame you. One can't control the heart. We can't control who we love. Though sometimes it feels like love can be a blessing as well as a curse." Bianchi.

At seeing Tsuna's confused look, Bianchi explained, "To some it's a blessing, because their love for someone is accepted. But for others it seems like a curse, because their love is not accepted or because the one they love is happy with someone else."

Bianchi slightly squeezed Tsuna's hands, "To you it must have felt like a curse. A curse because you saw Reborn and I were in a relationship. I'm sorry for causing you such pain." Bianchi said.

Tsuna closed her eyes and turned her hands around and grasped Bianchi's hand tightly.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

~Time Skip (Two Days Later)~

Reborn had finally come back, but there was never a chance to speak with him. Every time that she had wanted to speak with him, someone always had to come and not give them a chance to speak alone.

Bianchi had told Tsuna two nights ago, that she was cheering for her and hoping that she wouldn't back out from confessing. Also before Reborn had come back, Tsuna had went and spoken with Kota and apologized to him for not taken advantage of what he did to help her out. And that she would finally confess. Tsuna had said that she didn't care if Reborn didn't feel the same, but she just wanted to finally say the words that have been consuming her from the inside.

"Mama why don't we go out and buy a cake." Bianchi suggested to Nana one day.

Nana looked up from the shirt she was currently folding in the laundry room, "Hmm.... sounds nice. It would be great for dessert."

Bianchi nodded, "And to celebrate that Tsuna got and 80% on her math test." Bianchi said.

Nana was extremely happy, "That's great! That is something to celebrate. Let's go now then." Nana said as she set the shirt down and headed out to get her purse.

Tsuna had in fact gotten an 80% on her math test, much to Nezu and most of the entire classes surprise.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Before leaving, Bianchi had let Tsuna know that she had managed to get Nana and all the kids to go out for a while.

"This is your chance." Bianchi said before leaving.

This indeed was a good chance. Reborn had decided to stay behind since he was going to teach Tsuna some new math material. Or rather practically drill it into her head, what she needs to learn no matter what it takes. Even if her room ends up singed with burn marks from his explosives for when she answers wrong.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Currently Reborn was in the living room talking on his phone (Leon) when Tsuna walked in. His back was facing her, and she knew that even though he couldn't see her, he knew that she was there.

She nervously tugged at the ends of her skirt (she still had her school uniform on since classes had ended a while ago) as she walked closer to Reborn.

After a few hushed words, Reborn ended his call and turned around stared down at Tsuna who was almost at arms length.

"Rebron can we talk for a bit?" She asked slowly.

"About what." Reborn said as Leon crawled up his shoulder and laid itself at the edge of Reborn's fedora.

Tsuna took a few deep breaths to try and calm herself down, and to see if the tight feeling in her stomach would go away.

"I've been meaning to tell you this for some time now. And now is the time to tell you this." Tsuna quickly said, "Reborn you know that when you first came to tutor me.... I hated it. I didn't want you to be here. Everyday seemed like hell, and I hated it. But as time passed, you became part of the family. And I enjoyed having you and the others around the house. It was and is fun." She paused and took a few breaths, "I thought I cared for you as a friend, as family. But I realized that it wasn't that." She averted her eyes from Reborn.

Reborn silently listened, at hearing her speak he had already figured out what she was getting to. But he wanted to hear what she had to really say. He wanted to make sure of what the conclusion he came to. After all her mind and expression kept changing from one thing to another.

"After the arcobaleno curse was broken, and you and the others began to grow back to your original forms and you had many people looking at you as a hungry man would a banquet, I hated that. I didn't like seeing you and Bianchi together, it hurt. And that's when I realized that.... I loved you." Tsuna quickly said practically slurring out the words.

But Reborn could hear every single word that was said, even though it would have sounded like some jumbled mess to someone else.

"You probably don't feel the same about me." She said still not looking at Reborn, "But I really do love you." She finally looked up at Reborn.

Reborn said nothing, he merely stood there trying to process everything that he had just heard. But to Tsuna it seemed as if he didn't care at all. He said nothing, and he didn't show any sort of emotion.

Tsuna slowly nodded and closed her eyes for a few seconds, "I see. So that's your answer then. At least I was able to get all this off my shoulders." She said.

She was prepared to either receive a rejection or no answer at all, but it still hurt to not get an answer. But this was something that she needed to do.

She felt free in a way.

Tsuna turned around and began to walk out of the living room, "Sorry for bothering you. I probably made you feel uncomfortable, sorry about that. I'll be going now, if okaa-san comes back soon, tell her that I'll be back in a bit."

Reborn had been speechless at her confession. Speechless for a few seconds. A few long seconds, that Tsuna began to think that he had rejected her confession with his silence.

At hearing her apologize for being a bother, and for confessing, and probably making him feel uncomfortable, she had walked away. Though before she had turned away, he had managed to see the expression she had.

Reborn snapped out of his trance at seeing such an expression unbefitting of Tsuna. She looked so sad and hurt, she looked like she was barely keeping herself together in one piece.

Once she was fully turned away from Reborn, Tsuna's vision began to blur with her unshed tears, "I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable with this." She said once again, "But thank you for listening. I really appreciate it. I feel so much better now." She said as she tried to maintain a smile when she turned back to Reborn and slightly bowed down before turning away and beginning to walk away from him.

All to quickly Tsuna walked away from him, and only one thing crossed his mind.

'I can't let her go.'

And so he took action. Just as Tsuna took her first step out of the living room, Reborn in just a few steps was behind Tsuna.

"Tsuna." he called out her name as he took hold of her arm.

She froze at feeling his touch on her bare arm. She could feel him softly tug on her arm to get her to turn around, but she did not move. She didn't want to turn around, she didn't want Reborn to see her at the moment. She was barely keeping in the tears.

"Tsuna will you turn around?" Reborn softly asked. It was so odd to hear him ask rather than demand. It was so odd to hear him speak so softly. Yet, she did not listen.

Tsuna shook her head, she wasn't ready to face him so soon.

"Why?" He asked while still grasping her arm.

She did not answer once again.

"Will you not turn because of what happened just now."

Reborn saw Tsuna shoulder slump down, and that was his answer.

Tsuna took in a shaky breath and after a few seconds of silence, she spoke, "Do you hate me?" Her voice cracked.

"No." He answered as he looked at her small figure slightly shake. She was always a small girl, but at the moment looking at her back, Reborn noticed just how much smaller she looked. Almost as if she was curling in on herself.

Though that only lasted for a while, because soon she straightened herself, "Do you dislike me?" She asked in a much calmer voice than before.

"No." Reborn answered once again.

Tsuna tried to pull her arms away from Reborn's grip.

"Let go." She tugged on her arm trying to move away.

In Return, Reborn slightly tugged on her to move her closer to him, "Not until you finish what you are going to say. You have more to say don't you."

At this Tsuna turned around and looked up at Reborn, looking him in the eyes, "Why are you doing this to me?"

His grip tightened on her arm before he let go, "Tsuna...."

But Tsuna cut him off before he could continue, "Do you feel sorry for me? Is that why you're doing this?" She looked away from him.

'No, he's not like that!" A part of her yelled desperately, but Tsuna was to far gone to listen to that desperate statement, plea of her inner self.

Reborn frowned and firmly grabbed a hold of her shoulders, "Will you listen to me!" He demanded.

Startled at the sudden outburst, Tsuna looked at Reborn, and her eyes widened at seeing the expression on Reborn's face. He looked like he was in pain.

At seeing Reborn like that, for the first time so far, Tsuna's words died down, and could finally hear that small part of her telling her that Reborn was not the kind of person to play around with others feelings.

'He shouldn't look like that. He shouldn't look so pained.' She could finally hear that part of her that she had refused to listen to.

"Tsuna, why didn't you wait to hear what I had to say?"

Tsuna took a deep breath, "Because...."

Reborn cut her off this time, "Because you jumped to conclusions." Reborn said, "I know I didn't respond right away, but because I was surprised. And that's what made you jump to a conclusion."

Though he could understand why she would jump to a conclusion. She had just confessed, and the person who she confessed to didn't respond. Of course she would think that their confession was rejected, and they would feel sad or humiliated.

Tsuna looked away from Reborn, "I'm sorry." She whispered, "I guess I really am a dame."

Reborn let out a sigh, "You are indeed a dame." He said, "Do you even know how I feel?" He asked.

At hearing this Tsuna felt as if her heart dropped to her stomach, at this she was glad that she was still looking away from him. She shook her head slowly at his question.

"I don't know when it happened. But I just realized it over time...." Reborn took his left hand off Tsuna's shoulder and placed his fingers under her chin and slowly turned her head towards him, "I didn't want to think about it, rather I thought I was insane to think such things. That it was wrong for me to think such things of my student, of the next boss of Vongola. But now I know that you aren't just a student to me, nor do I hold feeling of friendship towards you."

Tsuna said nothing as she continued to listen to Reborn. Her once blurry eyes from unshed tears, were clear now. Her tears were now flowing freely down her cheeks.

"I've been a fool." He muttered, "Sawada Tsunayume.... I never thought it possible, but you have made your way into my thoughts, and heart."

By this time Tsuna's shoulders shook as she tried to contain more tears threatening to spill over.

"I love you." His words were barely a whisper, but they were loud enough for her to hear.

And that was all it took for Tsuna to break down in tears.

'Why me though?' She thought, 'I'm not pretty. There's nothing special about me.'

Reborn shook his head as he heard her thoughts, "I don't care about any of that. You think you're not special, but I think otherwise." Reborn's lip twitched as he watched Tsuna's look morph into shook, "Did you forget that I can read your mind."

Tsuna blushed, "Do you really not care that I'm a dame. That I'm not perfect."

"I don't."

Tsuna opened her mouth to protest once again to see if he really meant everything that he had just said to her. But those words never made it out, because Reborn had silence them all.

Tsuna was in shock, she didn't know what to do. Reborn was currently tilting her head back and his other arm was at the small of her back. He was kissing her.

Reborn slowly pulled away from her, leaving only an inch in between each other, "Never doubt my words." he said as he kissed her once more.

At the feel of his lips on hers, Tsuna's knees began to shake. Her entire body was shaking, she felt like she was on fire. The only thing supporting her up was Reborn.

Reborn pulled away and smirked at Tsuna who seemed like she was trying to catch her breath. Finally, they both have gotten what they wanted.

As the two stared at one another, they could hear the front door open.

"We're back." They faintly heard Nana call out.

At hearing her mother, Tsuna quickly pulled away from Reborn and covered her cheeks to hide her blush, because after what just happened she was sure that she was blushing all the way to her neck.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I have finally fixed it!!!!  I'm so happy.  And I'm so sorry for this inconvenience for you all.  When I first updated it, it was fine.  I could see the entire chapter, but then it was gone roughly an hour or two later.  So, I will be putting up an authors note for a short while as a next chapter, to let all those people who read it while unfixed, that it has been fixed and they can go back and read it.  I will remove the note by the end of the day, or next morning.  Anyways, I guess I'll retype what I had typed here.

People it has finally happened!!!!  Finally the moment came.  Though I feel like I could have done better.  I felt like I made Reborn so out of character, but I don't know.

While I was typing this, I was listening to "Fake Love" by BTS over and over again for who knows how many hours, I don't remember.  I can never get tired of that song.  I love it, just like all of their other songs.  I was singing along with the song, in my mind of course and lip syncing too.  If I actually sang out loud.... *clears throat* yeah, I'm not good at singing very well.  I try to write my BTS fanfictions while listening to their music.  I think I did better on my second BTS fanfic, than on my first one that I typed.

So how Jin's grandmother died, Sunday I think it was.  When I found out, I misread where I read it at, and freaked out.  I read, "BTS member Jin passed away", I was like, "NO, it's a lie!" I was all like, that it was fake news, how many celebrities have had fake news about them.  A lot of them.  But then I noticed an important word, that I missed, "Grandmother." It actually read as, "BTS member Jin's grandmother passed away."  I felt relieved yet sad for Jin at the same time.  My condolences to Jin and his family for their loss.

I told my mom about the misunderstanding.  She laughed at me and said, "Pendeja", pendeja can be translated as, idiot or stupid.  That's all I remember from her, because I really can't remember what else she said.

Anyways, hope you guys liked it.  And once again sorry for the problem.

So that's it for now.  Hope you enjoyed it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 324 74
Winds have always been together with the other elements, Storm; Rain; Sun; Lightning; Mist; Cloud. Making them more powerful and clear the path for t...
341 9 4
It's different, having Hibara Kyouya as you childhood friend makes you grow quite different than how it was originally going to be, that's how it was...
137K 5.5K 70
All it took was a plane crash, and Kise Ryota was no more. Strangely enough, he didn't feel sadness, only regret. Regret for not checking his engine...
437K 16.9K 82
Tsuna was supposed to be dead,but fate has another plan for him. Waking up into a parallel world where everything is the same as his old one but yet...