Learning to Love

By DesiGirl123

Aman and Priya were forced to have an arranged marriage as part of a business deal made by their fathers. Am... More

Chapter 1- Aman
Chapter 2 Priya.
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50- Epilogue

Chapter 45

82.8K 2.5K 403
By DesiGirl123

“Priya! This is gorgeous! Make Aman buy these!” Aditi exclaimed as she held up a pair of ruby earrings.  

“I think I’m more in the mood for diamonds.” Priya replied, walking over to the jewelry counter, where the diamonds were located.  

“Well diamonds are a girl’s best friend.” Aditi smiled as she followed Priya.  

“What do you think?” Priya said, eyeing the display case closest to the diamond rings.  

“Earrings?” Aditi suggested.  

“Oh my god! Look at this ring!” Priya exclaimed with fake enthusiasm.  She asked the man behind the counter to take out  a row of diamond rings.  

“Which one?” Aditi asked, looking at the display of diamond rings in awe.  

“Umm…this one?” Priya examined the rings.  She chose a simple ring with a ten karat white gold band, a medium sized diamond in the center, and two small diamonds on either side of the larger one.  

Aditi’s brow’s furrowed.  

“That diamond is hardly big enough.  It’s not even a thousand dollars.  Aman would probably laugh if you bought that.” Aditi said.  

“Which one do you like?” Priya asked Aditi, backing away from the display case so she could make more room for Aditi.  

“Let’s see.” Aditi stepped forward and looked critically at each ring.  

Aditi gasped as her eyes landed on the perfect ring.  

“That one!” Aditi exclaimed, her eyes gleaming with excitement.  

The man behind the counter took out a vintage style diamond ring.  Its band was eighteen karat white gold.  It was a criss-cross band with small diamonds encrusted throughout.  The main diamond was enormous and was framed by many smaller ones.  

“I wouldn’t mind wearing this for the rest of my life.” Aditi said.  

“$4,000!” Priya exclaimed.  

“Priya! Aman is a multi-millionaire.  A few thousand dollars isn’t going to make a difference.  I wonder if Hiten would ever buy something like this for me.” Aditi replied.  

Priya pulled out her phone and tried to pretend she was doing something of substance, as she tried to clandestinely take a picture of the ring and send it to Hiten.  She sent another message with the details of the ring also adding that Aditi had found her wedding ring.  

“You know, Aman and I didn’t have an engagement.  I want an engagement ring….a symbolic engagement ring.” Priya said.  

“Aww that’s so sweet.  Well an engagement ring is only temporary, so it should be a lot less intricate.  I like the ones with a little color, but that’s just me.” Aditi replied.  

“Let’s look at some with a little color then.” Priya laughed.  

They spent some time looking at various diamond rings.  Aditi kept convincing Priya that they should look at more modern designs, and Priya openly listened every one of Aditi’s suggestions.  

“This is perfect! I’d want this ring!” Aditi nearly shouted.  She picked up a fourteen karat white gold ring with a diamond flower cluster located in between two vibrant, blue sapphires.  

“It’s great, but I don’t think it’s my style.  It has you written all over it.” Priya commented.  She pulled out her phone again and took a picture while Aditi looked through some other rings.  She sent it to Hiten with a single word message: ‘Bingo.’

They looked for about an hour before they both got tired of staring at jewelry.  

“Aren’t you going to get something?” Aditi said, as Priya started heading out.  

Priya paused.  She’d forgotten that she’d brought Aditi to a jewelry store under that false pretense that she was getting revenge against Aman.  

“Oh yeah.  I like this one.” Priya said.  She purchased a ten karat white gold diamond three stone engagement ring that only cost a few hundred dollars much to Aditi’s dismay.  Priya wasn’t really angry with Aman and didn’t feel right spending thousands of dollars of his money on something she didn’t need.  

“Let’s go find some shoes!” Aditi suggested, rushing to one of the other stores.  

Priya laughed following behind Aditi.  

Priya returned back to the mansion much later than she’d anticipated.  She was surprised to find that Aman hadn’t come home yet.  She started pacing in the living room, trying to figure out an excuse to justify why she had to purchase a single diamond ring worth hundreds of dollars.  After a while she sat down on the sofa and propped her feet up, getting more and more impatient as the night went on.  She thought about calling Aman, but thought he’d probably be busy.  After some time had passed, Priya heard the door knob.  She sprung to her feet and rushed to the front door.  The door flung open, and there stood Hiten.  

“Bhabhi! You’re the best! I can’t thank you enough!” Hiten exclaimed. He walked in and unexpectedly engulfed Priya in a hug.  

“Okay, Hiten. That’s enough.” Aman said, walking up behind him.  

“I need to properly thank Bhabhi.” Hiten said, releasing Priya.  

“She gets it.” Aman said.  

“I’ll just hug you instead.” Hiten said, engulfing Aman in a hug.

“Okay okay.  You’ve thanked everyone enough.” Aman said, pushing Hiten off of him.  

“Bhabhi!  The rings are perfect! I didn’t think you’d actually get her to tell you what kind of wedding ring she wants.  This is too good to be true! I’m so happy I could kiss you!” Hiten said animatedly.  

“Don’t even think about it.” Aman said sternly.  

“It’s an expression, man.” Hiten replied.  

“It was actually a lot of fun.” Priya piped in.  “I’m happy to help.”

“Wait til you see what we have planned!” Hiten said.  “You’re going to wish I was proposing to you instead, Bhabhi.”  

“No she won’t.” Aman said.   

Priya giggled at Aman’s jealousy.  

“I’m sure it will be great!” Priya encouraged.  

“Don’t you have somewhere to be?” Aman asked Hiten.  

“No, why?” Hiten said, taking the liberty to take a set on the sofa.  

“Hiten, leave.” Aman said, following him into the living room.  

“But I just got here.” Hiten whined.  

Aman took off his coat and shot a smirk at Priya.  He threw his coat straight onto the floor.  Priya bent to pick it up, but Aman stopped her, shaking his head silently.  

“Okay, Hiten you can stay.” Aman said slyly.  He loosened the first few buttons of his shirt.  

“Cool.  So got anything to eat? I’m starving.” Hiten replied, stretching out on the sofa.  

“I’ll just let you know that I’m about to have wild sex with my wife on that very sofa you’re sitting on.” Aman smirked.  

Priya’s eyes widened and her mouth dropped open in shock.  Hiten looked at Aman in just as much shock as Priya was in.  He grinned widely.  

“That’s hot.” Hiten stated.  

“Get out,” Aman laughed.  

Hiten stood up.  

“Well, I hope you enjoy your...evening.” Hiten said, moving towards the door.  “You dog.” Hiten commented at Aman as he left.  

“Why did you lie to him like that?  He was so happy.” Priya said as soon as Hiten had left.  

“Who said I lied?” Aman smirked, taking a step closer to Priya.  

“Aman, behave yourself.” Priya said, taking a few steps back.  

“Don’t you want to have wild sex with me?” Aman smiled.  

Priya looked down, blushing profusely.  Aman grabbed her hand and pulled her forward.  She quickly pulled her hand away, and sprinted up the stairs.  Aman looked surprised for a moment, then ran up the stairs after Priya.  She ran into his bedroom and slammed the door shut.  Aman started banging on it hard.  

“Priya, open this door!” Aman exclaimed.  

Priya backed away from the door, afraid to open it.  She knew that Aman was just kidding, but she couldn’t help but worry.  Suddenly, the banging stopped.  Priya looked at the door, wondering if Aman was still standing on the other side.  She cautiously unlocked it and cracked it open, peeking outside.  Aman came out of nowhere and forced the door all the way open.  Priya let out an involuntary squeal and backed away.  Aman had a devious look on his face.  He slowly walked forward.  

“Aman,” Priya said unsurely.  

“Priya,” Aman countered with a grin.  He continued to walk forward and Priya took a few steps back.  

Priya was backed up against the wall.  She saw no way to escape.  Aman walked closer and closer to her. He placed an arm on either side of her trapping her between himself and the wall.  Priya looked pleadingly up at Aman, silently begging him to behave himself.  Aman leaned forward and gently kissed her on the forehead.  Priya’s eyes fluttered closed.  She smiled at Aman’s innocent affection.  

“I’d never do anything you were uncomfortable with.  I promised, remember?” Aman said.  

“Thank you.” Priya said.  She didn’t know what else to say.  She just wanted to thank Aman for being so sincere.  

“Don’t thank me.  Now, come on.  I’m hungry.” Aman laughed.  He took Priya’s hand and they went downstairs to have a late dinner.  

Once they were in the kitchen, Priya suddenly remembered that she needed to tell Aman about her shopping trip.  Since the chef had already left, Priya started heating up some food, while Aman sat in the living room.  He decided that he needed to finish the day’s work at home since he and Hiten had spent so much time planning instead of working.  After some time, however, he just ended up chatting with Hiten.  Priya walked into the living room, and Aman immediately closed his laptop.  

“Can I show you something?” Priya asked nervously.  

“Sure. What’s the matter?” Aman asked.  

Priya sat down beside him on the sofa.  She pulled out the box that held the diamond ring she bought while she was out with Aditi.  

“I needed an excuse to take Aditi to a jewelry shop, so I could find out what ring she liked.” Priya started.  

“What did you tell her?” Aman asked, curiously.  

“That I was mad you...because you called me fat.” Priya admitted.  

“Priya! I would never say that!” Aman exclaimed.  He felt hurt that Priya would even suggest that he’d say something like that about her.  

“I know! I’m sorry! But she believed it.  I told her that I needed to get some revenge.” Priya explained.  

“What kind of revenge?” Aman asked.  

“The type that hits you right in the wallet.” Priya answered.  

“What did you buy?” Aman asked, his eyes wide.  He looked worried.  Hopefully Priya didn’t spend too much money.  

Priya looked down.  

“I”m sorry.” She said.  

“Priya, it’s okay.  But what did you buy?” Aman asked.  

“This.” Priya replied, holding out the box that contained the diamond ring.  She carefully watched Aman’s expression as she opened it, hoping he wouldn’t be mad.  

“It’s nice.” Aman commented.  “How much did it cost?”

“Around $700.” Priya admitted.  

“That’s it?” Aman questioned.  

“What?” Priya asked, confused.  He wasn’t angry at her frivolous spending?

“You looked so worried.  I thought you spent hundreds of thousands of dollars or something. God Priya, chill! $700 is nothing.” Aman said.  

“But…” Priya started.  

“But what?” Aman interrupted.  “You don’t have to feel bad.  Hell, spend $700 every day if you want.”

Priya looked down.  She felt silly.  Of course, Aman wouldn’t care about a diamond ring that cost a few hundred dollars.  Aditi had even told her that she’d have to spend a lot more to get a reaction out of Aman.

“Sorry. I thought you’d mind.” Priya said.  

“Of course I don’t.  Spend whatever you want.  You’re the wife of a very rich man, Priya.  Just remember that.” Aman winked.  

Priya stood up to go back to the kitchen, but Aman stopped her from leaving.  

“Priya, I don’t like to lie.  It’s not a nice thing to do.” Aman said, pulling her back to the sofa.  

“What are you talking about?” Priya asked.  

“Well, I told Hiten that I was going to have some hot, wild sex with my wife on this couch.” Aman said, looking innocent.  

“Aman,” Priya said skeptically.  

“I mean the least we could do is make out a little.  Then it wouldn’t be a lie.  It’d just be a fib.” Aman said.  

Priya looked down.  She started to giggle as Aman started to nuzzle her neck.  

“Okay,” Priya agreed, “but only because lying is bad.”

Aman caputred Priya’s lips with his and the two of them started an intense makeout session, spending the rest of the night in each other’s arms.  

Late update, I know :( Sorry!! I know I also said their anniversary/ the awards would be in the next chapter, which is this chapter, but Priya and Aditi’s shopping spree lasted a lot longer than I intended.  Whatever.  Maybe next chapter.  Okay, soooooooooo idk when I’ll be able to update.  I’ll be heading on vacation out of the country soon. I thought this story would be completed by then, but it’s not lookin’ that way.  Things are about to get hot and heavy between Aman and Priya :P  aaaannnnnndddddddddd of course Hiten’s proposal (which I will write about )  

Dedicated for Mayowa0 for making some amazzzzingggg covers for L2L. I couldn't figure out how to feature them  though :( 

BTW Brazil failed. They were slaughtered by the Germans! Who saw that?!? It was sooo sad :(

Anyways, tell me how you liked the chapters.   Remember, more and more comments and votes will make me wanna update faster ;)

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

774K 41.2K 82
This book contains triggering things like stalking, I don't know what I was thing while writing this. And I was a stupid teenager. Sorry for that! P...
Sweet Souls By Mysticc

General Fiction

8.3K 510 11
Beautiful tale of a hardworking women and a topmost CEO.They know eachother from last 4 years and the only relation they share now is purely professi...
7.6K 594 21
Shyra and Sarthak have managed to fool their overbearing families to get in a marriage of convenience, but can they fool themselves as the contract r...
960K 19.7K 31
This is a tale of two people who are the complete opposite of each other in every aspect..... Priya Anand, A very sweet, shy, yet talkative, naive gi...