Arianna Gilbert (Vampire Diar...

By coke137

Arianna Gilbert has felt like she's drowning ever since her parents died. People seem to think only her twin... More

Arianna Gilbert
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Season 2------ Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Season 3------Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
----Sequel----

Chapter 37

43.1K 916 861
By coke137

As soon as I step outside, I walk right back into the house. The sun hurts, and it gives me a major freaking headache. I got really drunk last night with Elijah, I can’t tell you if he did or not. I don’t really remember anything from last night. I don’t even know how I got home, I just woke up in my bed this afternoon. Hungover.

I groan and lean against the wall, wishing I had darker sunglasses. If anyone saw me right now, they would know I am hungover. My hair is pulled back in a messy bun, I’m wearing a lime green tank-top with black sweatpants, and I’m wearing dark sunglasses. I look kind of like a hobo. 

“Are you hungover?” Damon questions, just appearing in front of me. I don’t even have the energy to be scared right now. My head hurts…and my stomach slightly. 

“What does it look like?” I snap. 

“I thought I told you to stay home last night.” Damon scolds, sounding like my Father or something. He is way too overprotective these days. He thinks that the werewolves are gonna eat me or something if I step outside. 

“Don’t worry, I think I had pretty good protection.” I smirk, knowing it doesn’t get much better than Elijah. 

Damon frowns, “Who were you with?”

“Elijah.” I answer, and see fury shine in Damon’s eyes. Even though Elijah is a good guy, Damon doesn’t like him. Maybe it’s an ego thing. He says it’s just because he doesn’t want me to get hurt. He says that a lot these days. 

“You were out drinking with him?! Why didn’t you just call me?” Damon demands, sounding furious. I think I detect some jealously in there also.

“Because, you were at home with Rose.” I reply, in a sweet voice. “Look, I don’t care if you have friends that our girls. I’m not gonna be one of those possessive, bitchy girlfriends. So you shouldn’t mind if I have guy friends. Such as Tyler and Elijah.” I sigh. 

Damon runs his hand over his face, and I think I see a frown line appearing. He better be careful, he's gonna become Stefan soon. “I guess I can’t stop you.” he mutters. 

“No you can’t, so just stop now.” I smile innocently. 

“Alright, fine. But I need some help with Rose, she’s getting worse. I don’t know what the werewolf bite is going to do to her, so I need you to watch her. Elena is already over with Stefan but I know she won’t help me.” Damon says. Yup, Elena is free from her house arrest. Stefan said he can control his girlfriend so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. 

“How is Rose dealing with this? I imagine it can’t be easy.” I frown, feeling bad for Rose. She’s sick because she saved Damon, I don’t even know what to say. 

“She’s dealing with it.” Damon replies, his tone sharp. I know he feels guilty that she got bit because of him. I really want to find this Jules girl and kill her myself. I hope Damon kills her, she doesn’t deserve to live. She sounds like a freaking bitch. 

“Alright, I’ll come over. But I’m not changing.” I tell him. 

“Lets go.” Damon states, causing me to groan. He looks over at me with an annoyed gaze. “I’m going to have to carry you aren’t I?” I nod, and he swoops me up, holding me bridal style. I smile and wrap my arms around is neck, laying my head down on his chest. 

“You’re very comfortable. Have you ever thought of being a pillow?” I whisper, feeling my eyes start to get droopy. 

“No, I haven’t. I’m more the blanket type.” he smirks, thinking dirty like always. I roll my eyes even though he can’t see that I did with the sunglasses on. It’s just my allergic reaction to bullshit. I take allergy medication for it sometimes.

“That’s disturbing.” I mumble, giving him a weak glare. 

He laughs, and it makes me smile. I don’t hear genuine laughs from him very often. Especially with all the shit going on. “Go to sleep, I’ll wake you when we get back to my house.”

I nod, no protests coming from me. Before I know it, I’m already out.

———————————————————-

“WAKE UP!” 

I scream and bolt upright, looking around in panic. I hear laughing to my right, and slowly turn towards it. As soon as my glare lands on Damon, he tries to shut up but he bursts out laughing again. 

“You asshole! You freaking Alpaca!” I yell, storming towards him. 

Damon frowns, “Did you just call me an Alpaca?”

“Yes, I did.” I answer, taking off my sunglasses. Thankfully my hangover has passed, so the sun doesn’t blind me. 

“I’m one sexy Alpaca, aren’t I?” he smirks. 

I open my mouth to respond but shut it right away. “Just take me to Rose.” I snap, and I can’t help but smile slightly. Damon just admitted he was an Alpaca, a sexy one, but still an Alpaca. 

We walk in the door, and head to the living room. I have to stifle my cry of horror at how bad Rose looks. She’s super pale, and really clammy. There’s like a giant, ugly swell on her back which I’m guessing is the bite. I feel so bad for her. Vampires aren’t suppose to look like this. I hope she’s not in a lot of pain. 

“See, you already look better than you did when I left. She looks fine, right Aria?” Damon asks, but I don’t think it’s really a question. Rose turns around slightly, giving us a sad smile. 

“You look great, still beautiful as ever.” I smile, hoping she doesn’t see right through me. She still looks beautiful, she just looks sick now. 

“You do not need to lie to me Aria, I know I look like some old, sick women.” Rose jokes, trying to sound lighthearted. 

“I’m not lying, that’s against my code. Honesty is the best policy.” I laugh nervously, feeling bad about lying while I’m promising to tell the truth. That’s really bad, even for me. 

Damon sends me a sharp look, basically telling me to shut up. I don’t protest and shut my mouth right away. I’m just acting like a fool now.  “Alright, now I have to leave for a little bit. Check some things out. Rose, Aria will stay here and take care of you.” Damon explains, already heading towards the door. 

“No, there’s no need for that.” Rose argues, feeling self-conscious. 

“Ah, it’s fine. Aria has nothing better to do anyway. She normally just reads something called a fan fiction.” Damon rolls his eyes, not understanding the awesomeness of a fan fiction. 

“Just leave already.” I glare, causing Damon to speed out the door. Glad to know I scare him. Once I know he’s gone, I turn back towards Rose with a nervous smile. “So…want to play Scrabble?”

“No, can you just help me up to Damon’s room please?” she asks, almost nervously. What does she think I’m going to do? That I’m going to go all like  jealous, psycho girlfriend and start attacking her? Nah, that ain’t my style. Plus, I know she’s Damon’s good friend. I accept that. Even if she does like him. I’ll choose to ignore that. 

She wraps her arm around me, and I help her up the stairs. By the time we get to Damon’s room, she is already out of breath. 

“I hate this, I’m a vampire. I haven’t had a cold in five centuries.” Rose sighs, as I help take off her robe. Don’t worry, she’s wearing clothes underneath. I don’t play for that team. Not that I’m against it or anything, sometimes I think Stefan is a lesbian. Oh wait…he’s not a girl…oh well, he’s still a lesbian in my mind. I wonder when he’ll tell Elena. That will be one awkward conversation, Okay, shut up now Aria.

“Just get into bed.” I say, pulling back Damon’s covers for her. Wow, I’m literally inviting another women into my boyfriends bed. 

“We don’t get sick, when we die, it’s fast and sudden. It’s certainly not drawn out like this.” she lets out a pin filled hiss, as she lays down in bed. 

“You’re not gonna die.” I argue, even though I believe she will. It does say a werewolf bite kills a vampire. 

“That’s such a human thing to say.” Rose smiles. 

“Well I am human after all.” I laugh, taking a seat down next to her. 

“You’re lucky, you know? No one has ever loved me the way you are loved.” Rose states, and a wave of sadness washes over me.

I look down at the bed, “I doubt that.”

“Trevor was my best friend, nothing more.  I spent all those years on the run from Elijah, I never could set up any roots anywhere. The whole idea of family, is not exactly compatible with being a vampire.” Rose smiles sadly. 

“Elijah is not a bad person, he’s forgiving. You should have went to him right away and explained. I think he would have understood.” I reply, feeling an urge to stick up for the Original. I don’t remember last night with Elijah but I know it was fun. I enjoyed myself. 

“You have a fondness for Elijah, don’t you?” she questions. “Do not under underestimate him Arianna. He is thousands of years old, he knows how to manipulate a sixteen year old child. I heard about your deal with Elijah, was it Elena’s doing?”

“We both agreed. It was our best option. And Elijah is not manipulating me, I would be able to tell. I am not an idiot Rose.” I have to fight the urge to glare at her. But she is literally on her death bed, so I am reining in my temper. 

“It was your easiest option.” Rose argues. 

I look at her for a moment before shaking my head, “That’s not fair.”

“You really think your witch friend destroyed the moonstone?” Rose asks, taking a sip of blood. Damon had a glass on his nightstand so…yeah, I’m not even going to say anything. 

“Elena talked to her, I know she had the help of an another witch. Assuming it’s Elijah’s witch, I highly doubt it’s destroyed. I may like Elijah but I’m not forgetting his plans.” I shrug. 

Rose looks at me for a moment, a sad look in her eyes. “Don’t stay here and die because your sister is willing to, Aria. You could run and save yourself, do something. You aren’t even trying to save yourself anymore.”

“I can’t run Rose, I can’t leave Elena. My family and friends. Plus even if I ran, what would I do? Spend my life living like Katherine and you? No, I would rather be dead. Sorry.” I state.

Rose hands me the glass of blood, her eyes fluttering closed. “I’m so tired.”  Wow, thanks for listening to my reasoning. Hope I wasn’t putting you to sleep or anything. I set the glass back down, and get up quietly. I guess I’ll just go back downstairs…

“No, stop, tell them to prepare the horses.” Rose commands, her eyes slightly open. 

“It’s okay Rose, just get some sleep. You’ll feel better when you wake up.” I say gently. 

“Trevor, don’t be so stupid. We’re never gonna make it there before the sun.” Rose smiles, turning over in bed. Suddenly she sits up, clutching her stomach in pain. “Aria, I need more blood.”

I run over to the nightstand, grabbing the blood. I hand it to her, rubbing her back as she takes a sip. She only gets down a few sips before she starts coughing it back up. 

“Hold on, it’s gonna be alright.” I tell her, running to Damon’s bathroom for some towels. Hope he doesn’t mind his sheets and towels are getting ruined. I grab the towel and stat wetting it under the sink. I glance over into the other room, frowning. Rose is still coughing up blood, and I know she didn’t drink that much. 

I hurry back into Damon’s room but Rose isn’t on the bed anymore. What the hell? She was just there…and she was throwing up. Where did she go? I turn around, and gasp when I see her standing behind me. She uses her vampire speed and strength, pushing me up against the wall. Her fangs are out, and she looks…evil. “It’s all your fault Katerina!” she growls. “You, Katerina, you did this!”

“It’s Aria, Rose. I’m Aria!” I cry desperately, when her grip on my arms tightens. 

“You betrayed us!” Rose screams. 

“I’m not Katherine!” I yell causing Rose to step back. 

“Aria?” she whispers, horrified. 

“It’s me.” I nod, trying to even out my breathing. 

“Oh my God Aria, I’m so sorry. I don’t know what’s happening to me.” she shakes her head, and I see tears welling up in her eyes. 

“It’s okay, you’re gonna be alright.” I smile, placing my hand on her arm. 

“My mind…” she sighs, walking back over towards Damon’s bed. 

“It’s okay, it was just for a second.” I say, hoping to reassure her. 

“I’m sorry, please don’t be scared of me.” Rose apologizes. 

“I’m not.” I reply, lying slightly. She’s a little unpredictable right now. “You need to rest though, Rose.” I pull the covers back over her, as she lays down. I feel like Elena right now, taking care of people and shit. 

“I’m scared.” she whispers.

“You’re not alone, I’m here.” I smile, and instantly she starts to get back up. 

“Here, where’s here?” she demands. 

I gently push her back down into bed, “Damon’s bedroom, you’re in Damon’s bedroom.”

She looks around for a few seconds, a frightened look in her eyes. “I want to go home.”

I sigh, feeling bad for her. I don’t know how to help her. “Tell me about it.” I smile, hoping to get her mind off other things. 

“It’s a little town, 30 kilometers south of London. All fields, and trees, and horses.” she smiles, lost in thought. 

“It sounds beautiful.” I say.

“When you live long enough everything disappears. So much time wasted, I just wish I hadn’t been so afraid.” she mumbles, her eyes closing once again. 

I sit with her for a few minutes, this time making sure she is asleep before I get up. I quietly leave the room, shutting the door softly behind me. I jog down the stairs, wondering where I can find some new sheets. I have no idea where the keep there linens. 

I pull out my phone, calling Damon but his phone goes straight to voicemail. I sigh, before dialing Stefan’s number. Hopefully he’ll know where Damon keeps his sheets.

“Aria?” Stefan asks confused when he answers the phone. 

“Why do you sound so confused Stef? I always call you.”

“You’ve only ever called me like four times, two were because you were about to die. And the other two were because you wanted to borrow money from me. So, what do you want now? A new car?”

“Are you making a joke Stefan?” I tease. 

I hear Stefan sigh, “What do you want Aria?”

“Wow, so rude. I feel very hurt Stefan.” I pout. 

“Aria, I’m doing something at the moment. Spit it out.”

“Where do you guys keep your sheets? I need to change Damon’s.”

“You need to change Damon’s sheets…” Stefan repeats slowly. 

“Yup.” I nod even though he can’t see me. 

“What were you two doing in their that you need to change the sheets?” Stefan questions. 

“Stefan Salvatore! Get your mind out of the gutter!” I yell, but I’m grinning slightly. 

“Fine, fine.” he laughs. “There in the closet downstairs.” 

“Thank you my good sir, now off with you.” I say in my best British accent before hanging up. I head to the closet, grabbing the first set of sheets I see. Let me tell you, they have a lot of sheets. I don’t know why they need that many sheets, it’s a waste. 

I walk back into Damon’s room, expecting to see Rose still sound asleep on the bed. But, that is not what I see. Instead I see an empty bed, inside of an empty room, with only one human girl standing in it. That picture is missing something, a very important something. It’s missing, a very sick and delirious vampire. 

I pull out my phone, dialing Damon’s number once again, as I take off running down the stairs. Again, it goes straight to voice mail so I have to leave a God damn message. 

“Get your ass back here right now. I’m worried about Rose, she’s not doing well.” I hear a loud banging sound from down in the basement. I sigh, not surprised that it’s coming from the basement. Don’t all scary things somehow end up in the dark basement? 

I walk cautiously down into the basement, resisting the urge to grab a weapon to defend myself. I bend down, frowning at the spilled blood bag on the ground. Not good…

I continue walking further into the basement, my frown deepening. I round the corner, and my eyes go wide. “Oh shit…” I whisper. There’s at least ten empty blood bags on the ground and Rose is sitting in the middle of them. She’s practically devouring one at the moment. 

She spins towards me, the blood bag dropping to the ground. I start to take a few steps back, not liking the way she is looking at me. “Katerina.” she snarls, starting to get up. 

“No!” I yell, running back the way I came. I push a loose door over in her path, hoping to delay her somehow. I sprint up the stairs, and look around, panicked. I need to find a way to get out. Suddenly Rose appears next to me, snarling. 

I hold my hand out in front of me, slowly stepping back. “No, you’re hallucinating. I’m not Katherine, it’s me Aria.” I say gently. Rose stops advancing towards me, her fangs retreating. I start to give her a smile but all of a sudden, she screams, tackling me to the floor. 

I scream out of fear and try to push her off me, but she is a lot stronger. “Rose, get off!” I cry, holding her back so she won’t bite me. I notice the window behind me and do the only thing I can do. I grab the curtain, pulling it down, so the sun shines on us. Rose hisses in pain as the sun burns her and I get up quickly on shaky legs. 

I run towards the front door, almost falling as I round the corner quickly. I start to open the front door but it suddenly slams shut again. I cry in pain as Rose spins me around, pushing me against the wall. She tries to go for my neck again so again, I have to do the only thing I can do. I dig my nails into the werewolf bite on her back. She screams, falling to the ground in pain. I’m sorry Rose…

The only room close to here is Stefan’s, so I make a run to his room. As soon as I get in his room, I slam the door behind me, locking it quickly. I look around, trying to find something to barricade the door. His nightstand is the only thing close to the door, so I quickly push it up against the door. 

I run to the blinds, throwing them open. If she does get in, I have to be prepared. I walk over to the table that I accidentally kicked over when I ran in, and break the leg of it, off with my foot. I flip it around in my hand, making sure it’s sharp enough to stake her if necessary. I really like Rose but, I have to defend myself. Even if it means killing her. She’s already sick. 

I jump when the door handle turns, pointing the stake towards the door. “Aria, I know that it is you and not Katherine.” Rose is interrupted by a terrible cough, and another wave of nausea, I’m guessing. “Aria, please, I need your help.” she cries. 

“I’m sorry, I can’t.” I whisper, sliding down to the ground. I’m sorry Rose, I’m so sorry. 

————————————————

I look up at the owl perched on Stefan’s balcony, frowning. It’s already night? I look at the door, seeing the barricade still in place and the door shut. Oh God, did I fall asleep waiting for Damon? Why isn’t he here yet? 

I get up off the floor, trying to listen for any sign Rose is still out there. When I don’t hear any, I move the nightstand away from the door. I take a deep breath before unlocking the door. I open it slowly, expecting to see Rose there, ready to eat me. Instead the hallway is empty, thankfully. 

I head downstairs, trying not to creak the floorboards underneath me. Should I call out for her? No, bad idea Aria. 

No sign of her in the living room…I turn around, seeing the front door wide open. I take a few steps towards the door, wondering if she is outside waiting for me. Okay… I have a problem. I feel a presence behind me…not good. 

I spin around, coming face to face with Damon. He frowns, looking down at the stake I have pointed at him. I let out a relived sigh, dropping the stake to the ground. 

“You okay?” he asks, and I shake my head, wrapping my arms around him. I lost Rose…she’s out in the streets of Mystic Falls, hallucinating. 

Damon pulls me away from him, but keeps a firm grip on my arms. “What happened, are you alright?” he repeats. 

“While you were gone, Rose got a lot worse. She started hallucinating, she thought I was Katherine. She’s been chasing me around the house trying to kill me. I hid upstairs in Stefan’s room, I didn’t know what to do Damon.” I feel tears start to gather in my eyes. How could I let this happen?

“Did she hurt you?” Damon demands, moving my hair away from my neck and checking for bite marks. 

I slap his hand away, “No, but we need to find her Damon. She’s in a very bad place. She could hurt people.” 

“Alright, let’s go track her down then.”

——————————————————-

I lean against the car, my leg bouncing up and down. Sheriff Forbes called Damon, apparently there was a vampire attack a little while ago. My school is doing some party thing right now so there are people everywhere. Rose already killed someone and there are no shortage of people left for her. 

I instantly perk up when I see Damon walking towards me. “What’s going on?” I question. 

“Liz started a hunt for Rose.” Damon mumbles, pulling a stake out of his jacket. “Here take this.” I look at him hesitantly, not knowing if I want it. He rolls his eyes, before shoving it into my hand. He grabs my arm, leading me away from the crowd. 

We walk for a few minutes before Damon suddenly stops, a frown on his face. I don’t ask what is gong on because Damon is listening to something a lot farther away. He doesn’t need me nagging him. 

As soon as he takes off running to the south, I follow him. Thankfully he’s using human speed so I can keep up with him. As we get closer to the parking lot, I hear the distinct screams of a girl. Damon finally uses his vampire speed, pulling Rose off of the girl. 

“Rose stop!” he yells, and she tries tackling him to the ground. But since Damon is stronger right now, Rose is the one that ends up on the ground. Damon holds her hands above her head, keeping a strong grip on them as she struggles. “Rose, stop. It’s me, Damon. It’s Damon.” he whispers, and the crazed look starts to leave her eyes. 

She looks around, confused and Damon slowly lets go of her. Rose spots the dead body of the girl, her eyes widening in horror. “Did I do this?” she cries, looking up at me. “Oh God, I never meant to hurt anyone. I never wanted to hurt anyone.” she sobs. 

“I know.” Damon answers, giving her a small smile. 

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.” she cries, looking up at me once again. I look at her sadly, not knowing what to do. 

“Come on, lets get you home.” Damon says trying to pick her up. 

She pushes him away, “No I don’t have a home! Please make it stop, make it stop! I hate it!” she sobs, sounding like a broken child. Maybe Damon should just put her out of her misery…she’s in so much pain. 

Damon looks up at me for a second, and I can read the look in his eyes all too well. I shake my head, trying to beg him with my eyes. He’s not going to kill her…he’s going to let her be in pain. 

He picks her up, bridal style, and starts heading back towards his car. I sigh, and walk over, picking the stake off the ground. 

I don’t know what I would be doing if it was Damon in that state…if Rose didn’t push him out of the way, it would have been Damon. I don’t know who this Jules girl is, but if I ever meet her, I promise you, I will kill her. I know I already said that but, trust me, it needs to be said again. 

—————————————————

I never listen. That’s the thing about me, I just don’t listen. If I don’t think something is right, I won’t do it just because someone told me too. I will always do what I think is right, or what I want to do. 

Now you’re probably thinking, like I’ve just made some major life decision. Well, you’re wrong. I didn’t make any important decisions or anything, I just wanted you to get to know me a little better.  And I made one slight decision, I decided to stay at Damon’s, even though he told me to go back home. I know I’m like such a badass, aren’t I? 

I walk into the room, seeing Damon standing over a sick Rose on the bed. Damon doesn’t notice me, but apparently Rose hears me enter.  “I’m sorry Aria, I don’t like taking human life. I never have.” she states, looking at the ceiling. 

Damon spins around, glaring at me. “You shouldn’t be here.”

“I survived all day on my own, so I think I’ll be fine.” I answer, giving him a slight shrug. I’m not trying to make him feel bad for not coming home, I’m just saying I’ll be fine. 

“That’s the worst part about it, the hunt. The need to kill, the thirst…the pleasure it brings you afterwards. It wasn’t meant to be…it hurts.” Rose says, almost as if she if lost in her thoughts. 

“Then stop talking about it.” Damon commands, rolling his eyes. He walks away from her bed, starting to pace the room. 

“Damon is a lot like me. He wants to care, and when he does, he runs away from it. Though he doesn’t run away from you.” Rose smiles slightly, before her eyes suddenly fill with tears. “I’m sorry for what I’ve done today.”

“I know.” I nod, giving her a small smile. 

“And you need to fight, don’t give up because of anyone else. I know you’re scared Aria, but you need to fight.” Rose insists, suddenly doubling over with a terrible cough. I hurry over to her side, grabbing her hand to comfort her. She takes my arm, giving me a smile. “Why are you so nice to me? From what I’ve heard, you don’t like people.”

“I guess it’s just the human in me coming out.” I laugh. 

“You can never forget it, what it’s like to be human. It haunts me, that’s the only thing that has kept me going.” Rose admits, a haunted look in her eyes. “It doesn’t hurt as much anymore.” Rose smiles but it soon fades. She crouches a little, burying her head into the pillow. 

She suddenly grabs her stomach screaming out in pain. “Get back.” Damon commands, causing me to take a few steps back. Rose is rolling on the bed, screaming in agony. 

“Damon-“ I start to say but he cuts me off right away. 

“Just go, I got this.” he glares, sitting down on the bed with Rose. I look at them for a moment before practically running out of the room. I also run down the stairs because I can’t take hearing Rose screaming for it to stop. I just can’t take listening to that anymore. I can’t even begin to imagine her pain. 

I really hate to say this but…death is the only freedom for Rose now.

————————————————

I jump up from the sofa the second I hear the door opening. Damon looks up at me, “I thought I told you to leave.” he sighs. 

“I did, but then I came back. I need to make sure you’re okay.” I smile, handing him a glass of bourbon I poured for him. Rose was one of his only friends, I know he cared for her. I can’t imagine he’s dealing with her death very well. 

“I appreciate it Ari, but I’m just glad it’s over. She kidnapped you, she deserved to die.” Damon says, but I see him flinch at the death part. He tries covering it up by taking a sip of bourbon but I know what I saw. He flinched.

“Bullshit.” I snap, giving him a knowing look. 

Damon sighs, looking around the room. “Go home Aria, get some rest. It’s a whole new day tomorrow.”

“Damon, I’m your girlfriend…”

“I’m well aware of that.” he interrupts, glaring at me. 

“…and as your girlfriend, I know when you’re hurting. Like I know now.” I finish. 

“What do you want me to say? That I cared about Rose? That I’m upset? Well I didn’t, and I’m not.” Damon argues, but I can tell he doesn’t mean that. His eyes give him away. 

“Stop lying to me Damon. Actually, stop lying to yourself. Rose was you’re friend, it’s alright to be upset about her death Damon.”

“I am upset about her death! Alright, I feel! I feel, and it sucks. You know what sucks even more? It was supposed to be me, Jules was coming after me.” Damon admits, finally being truthful. 

I don’t know how to respond to him so I do the only logical thing I can do in that situation. I kiss him. 

I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling away a few seconds afterward. “Don’t beat yourself up over this Damon, it was Rose’s choice. No one forced her. She wanted you to live, so keep on living.” I smile, stepping away from him. I know, I’m not very good at the whole pep talk thing. 

I grab my bag, heading for the door. I open up the door, but stop, turning around to face Damon. I give him a sad smile, “I cared about Rose too, she was pretty cool… Goodnight Damon.” I shut the door behind me, giving Damon some time to wallow in his grief.

——————————————————

I walk in our front door, throwing my bag to the ground next to the door. I start to head upstairs but movement in the hallway stops me. Stefan and Elena emerge from the kitchen, making me frown. They have there serious faces on, what’s going on?

“Rose?” Elena asks, her tone slightly hopeful. I just shake my head, not really wanting to say it out loud. 

“Okay, so we’re gonna tell you some stuff and you have to promise not to eat us.” Stefan demands. 

“I can’t make any promises Stef, I’m quite hungry.” I smirk. 

“We called Isobel earlier today, and before you yell, we had too.” Elena states. 

“So did you get ahold of her?” I question, not even having the energy to argue. I’m not even gonna ask why they have been trying to get ahold of my birth mother. I don’t think I want to know.

“Not exactly.” Elena flinches, and I swear I see someone move behind her. 

“Hello Arianna.” an all too familiar voice says. 

I look past Elena at John, feeling fury wash over me-

“Oh hell no.”

-

-

-

-

-

Hey guys, how did u like that chapter? I thought it was okay, not my best. Give me some feedback, I love hearing your guys thoughts on things. It makes me smile seeing your compliments and votes :)

So I’m officially moved back to the US, so hopefully I’ll be updating a lot more frequently. 

See ya guys. 

Keep voting and commenting :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.7K 1.1K 22
"Being human is given. But keeping our humanity is a choice." ~Unknown SEQUAL TO~HUMANITY 4 "THE RIVALRY" It is a time of new beginnings. Everything...
210K 5.5K 30
When Kai escapes his prison world, Damon is hell bent on stopping him. Jo tells Damon about a girl named Lana Winchester, a girl from Kai's past. A...
7.3K 133 13
Helllloooo beans! Please read the first part before going on with the story please! It is very important that you dooooooo! Thank you. **I do not o...
459K 9.2K 36
Vampire Diaries fanfiction. Damon / OC love story. The story doesn't really follow the original plot of the series.