Different Type Of Wizard

By JayH00D

Minato Sensei and Hatake Kakashi are assigned a mission by Albus Dumbledore to protect Harry Potter, and the... More

The Phoenix
The Peculiar Nature of Wizards
Triwizard Tournament
The Prophecy
A Moody Mad-eye
A Shinobi's Instinct
The Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
The Goblet of Fire
Forest of Death
Dancing Dragons
Cries of Pain
Curious and Curriousness
Night of the Bulgarians
The Maze
Riddles in the Dark
Flesh, Blood and Bone
The Aftermath
Farewell Hogwarts
Epilogue

Upon the Hour

10.1K 359 432
By JayH00D

Disclaimer: I do not own anything concerning Harry Potter or Naruto.

Please enjoy😁

...........................................................

Riddle Mansion

Barty Crouch Jr. kneeled beside Lord Voldemort, rolling up his cloak sleeve to reveal the dark mark. Wormtail stood ever watchful, insuring that he was present for whatever the Dark Lord may require of him.

"Let me see it again!" Voldemort comanded, his voice weak and raspy. "Ah, yes! The time is close now... Harry at last!"

"I will not disappoint you my Lord." Barty Jr. said, bowing his head lowly.

"I am most certain of it. Now tell me, how are things comming along for the other task I have intrusted to you?" Voldemort said.

"The boy is cunning and shall prove to be a great ally. Luckily, he has not caught on to our plans. He has no idea who, or what I am planing." Barty Jr. stated confidantly.

"Excellent. Be sure to keep it that way until I have fully risen to power. However, to ensure our success, I need you to discover his weakness. If he does not willingly join us, than I am afraid we shall have to resort to other methods of persuasion." Voldemort said maliciously.

"Of course my Lord." Barty Jr. said apparating instantaneously, leaving the dark Lord and Wormtail alone.

LineBreakLinebreakLinebreakLinebreak...

For the fourth time that school year, Harry shot straight up in bed, panting heavily. Sweat covered his entire form, his scar burning like fire on his forehead. Harry looked around the room, glad he hadn't woken any of the other boys. However, a slight breeze suddenly entered the room catching him off guard. He turned suddenly to the window, where he saw Kakashi perched on the windowsill.

"Everything alright?" Kakashi inquired.

"Fine. Just a nightmare." Harry said, lying back down in bed, trying to force the dream out of his memory.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Kakashi asked.

"No." Harry replied bitterly. Ever since the Yule Ball, Harry tried his best to ignore his bodyguard. The comment Kakashi had made about he and Ron not appreciating Hermione and also the fact that Kakashi insisted on living the way he did, set him in a bad mood.

Kakashi ignored Harry's sour mood and moved over towards his bed, calapsing on top of the covers. He was totally and utterly exhausted, he had taken an interest in Karkaroff's whereabouts, following him whenever he had the chance. He had discovered that the man had once been a Death Eater, so he couldn't be trusted. Kakashi had insured that he would know everything concerning Karkaroff, taking extra care to make guard schedules for his Ninja-dogs. So far, no red flags had shown up. Egor Karkaroff was either completely innocent, or rather, he was a genius at hiding his tracks.

When morning finally came, Kakashi had gotten no sleep. His mind was occupied with trying to discover who would put Harry's name into the Goblet of Fire. Egor Karkaroff was off the list and so was Madame Maxime, (he hadn't really suspected her, however, he had to be sure). So, with the two main suspects cleared, Kakashi feared for the worst... that this was an inside job. Ether it was one of the teachers, or a school student.

Kakashi also thought about the second task of the Triwizard Tournament. The golden egg's clue had proven to be impossible to decifer. Hermione had no clue what it was and the Library also lacked information to help him cipher it. He didn't know if the other champions had figured it out yet (or Karkaroff in Victor's case). Kakashi thought to go see Moody about it, the man would probably know something concerning the strange nature of the hideous screams. He made a note to go to the DADAs office after he had seen Minato Sensei.

"Hey Harry, I'm leaving to go see Minato Sensei, will you be comming with me?" Kakashi asked while getting dressed to leave.

"Yeah, why not." Harry grumbled, also getting out of bed. He remembered Minato Sensei asking to see them the night of the Ball, he wondered if Kushina would still be here. He had wanted to see her again, she was so kind hearted and motherly.

"Is there something bothering you Harry, besides the Tournament? You've seemed upset lately." Kakashi asked determined.

"It's nothing, just mind your own business." Harry replied coldly.

"Your business is my business." Kakashi reasoned.

"Let's just go!" Harry snapped walking out the door, glaring at Kakashi. Kakashi decided go let the matter go for now, turning to follow him out.

The two walked in silence, Kakashi could see the glares Harry sent him out of the corner of his eye. He wondered what he had done to upset the Gryffindor now. Once they reached Minato Sensei's office, Kakashi turned the doorhande, not bothering to knock. He knew that both Minato and Kushina could sense him comming from a mile away.

"Ohiyo! Minato Sensei, Kushina-san." Kakashi greated.

"Good morning Kakashi!" Kushina said, entering into view. She wore a white dress with a green over-coat, her hair was pulled back into a high ponytail. "Ah, Harry! I thought that was you. Come in and have a seat, I was just making breakfast." She said cheerfully, leading them to a table that was low to the ground. Where chairs were normally present, plush pillows were laid instead in the traditional Japanese style. Harry was shocked that Minato's office looked like the interior of a house, he had a medium sized living room with an adjoining kitchen. The fact that he had a kitchen surprised him alone, none of the other teachers had one installed. Everyone including staff ate meals in the Great Hall.

Kushina placed two steaming bowls of ramen in front of the boys, the vegetables were perfectly sized and the meat looked really tender. Harry had never had ramen before, but he had seen Kakashi eat it on certain occasions. However, he usually ate rice and other assorted veggies.

"Kushina, you do know that ramen isn't really a healthy meal for breakfast, or any meal for that matter." Kakashi said.

"Live a little, Kakashi. Besides how can ramen not be healthy? I eat it everyday and I'm just fine!" She reasoned while pushing Kakashi's bowl closer to him, encouraging him to eat. "Minato should be down in a minute, Dumbledore Sensei wanted to see him early this morning." She said while pouring herself a bowl.

Harry wrestled with his chopsticks, attempting to eat the foreign food. When he had accomplished putting some noodles in his mouth, his tastebuds melted. It was the most delicious thing he had ever tasted, even compared to Mrs. Weasly's cooking. Kakashi also quickly slurped up his breakfast, enjoying every bite (dispite the high sodium and carbs). Harry watched in amazement as Kushina consumed eight bowls of ramen. When she had finished drinking the broth from her last one, Minato Sensei entered the room.

"Welcome back Minato!" She greeted sweetly, standing up to serve him a bowl. Minato sat across from Harry and Kakashi, glad that they were both present.

"So..." Minato started. "Have either of you been able to figure out the golden egg?" He asked.

"No." Kakashi replied upset. "I was planning on seeing Professor Moody later today to ask him about it." Kakashi said.

"Good, he would probably know something on the matter. Hopefully he will be willing to help you, considering the champions are to be responsible with figuring it out on their own." Minato said.

"I doubt that Victor and Fleur are following that rule. I bet that Madame Maxime and Karkaroff have it already planned out for them." Harry stated.

"What exactly is the clue you have been given?" Kushina asked.

"Whenever we open the egg, high pitched whailing emits out of it, it is an awful sound." Harry told her. She seemed to go deep into thought, trying to work out the reasoning behind such a clue.

"Have you tried putting it under water? The water will help to muffle the sound, allowing you to hear whatever it is you are trying to hear." Kushina suggested.

Harry and Kakashi looked at her shocked, it was truly an ingenious idea. Her logic behind the method made perfect sense, why hadn't they thought of that before. Both boys instantly stood up, Kakashi bowed respectfully towards her and then to Minato.

"Sorry, but we must leave. We shall inform you immediately if your idea works out. Thank you for the meal Kushina-san, Minato Sensei." Kakashi said bowing. He and Harry quickly turned out of the room after Harry had done a poor attempt at a respectful bow. Kushina laughed at the boys antics, turning back to eat with her husband.

They jogged at a decent pace down the hallway, Harry was glad for Minato Sensei's class. His endurance had improved much sense the start of the school year thanks to Minato's hard drills and self defence lessons. Kakashi and Harry barged into the men's restroom on the fourth floor, it was the Prefects bathroom (of which Cedric had given Harry the password too). They ripped off their clothes, stepping into the large, perfectly heated bathtub.

Before they had gotten to the Prefects bathroom, Kakashi had Shunshined back to the dorm, grabbing the egg, Shunshining back to Harry's location. He placed the egg in the water and opened the top. Golden bubbles emitted out of the egg, Kakashi and Harry dived their heads under the water to hear what would come from the egg.

"Come seek us
Where our voices
Sound.

We cannot sing
Above the ground.

An hour long you
Will have to
Look.

To discover
What we took."

The egg sang in a beautiful chorus of soft female voices. Kakashi and Harry rose out of the water, Harry was coughing out the water that had gotten up his nose and Kakashi was shaking his hair out like a dog.

"Kakashi, do you know if their are mermaids in the black lake?" Harry asked.

"Yes, I've ran into them a couple of times while out on patrol. They've tried dragging me under the surface a few times. Which is why I haven't been out running on the lake lately." Kakashi said, upset about the incident.

"An hour long you'll have to look, to discover what we took?" Harry recited.

"That sounds pretty literal. So is there a way for wizards to breath or go underwater for long periods of time without resurfacing?" Kakashi asked.

"None that I know of, but Hermione might." Harry said, instantly regretting that statement because of the look Kakashi gave him. "Ok, I'm sorry! I guess Ron and I do take her for granted! I promise to show more gratitude towards her in the future." Harry quickly said apologizing.

"Good, you should. Besides, it's not me that you need to apologize too." Kakashi stated, grabbing a nearby towel to dry off with, wrapping it securely around his waist. "But I am glad that you've realized it." Kakashi said happily.

"So have you realized it then?" Harry asked also drying off.

"Realized what?" Kakashi asked.

"That you can have a life? Feelings? Opinions?" Harry listed. Kakashi glared at him, how many times did he need to explain this to the boy.

"I'm not explaining it to you for the third time Potter, just give it up. I will be gone by the end of the school year, and I'll never be comming back. If I'm not going to bother with remembering anyone here, then you should do the same. " Kakashi said, his patients wearing thin.

"Not think of you again!? Kakashi, you have saved my life multiple times and have taught me many ways to defend myself! I consider you to be one of my best friends! How could you say something so heartless!" Harry argued.

"Because that's life Potter. The only reason why I "befriended" you in the first place was because it would make my job easier. You've even heard it from Azuma, I don't have friends, only the mission. Everyone I have ever gotten close too is dead because of me. I'm a curse!" Kakashi said dangerously. "And it's best if you understand that now, before you get yourself killed. Now, go find Hermione, the task is tomorrow and you will need all the time you can get to prepare." He said emotionlessly, his stare dark and cold.

Harry stared back into Kakashi's single dead eye, the other covered by his headband. Harry couldn't believe what he was hearing, but he wouldn't give up. Kakashi wasn't Voldemort after all, he could somehow be able to change Kakashi's broken and black heart. He walked out of the bathroom, heading straight for the Library to where he knew Hermione would be.

To Harry's surprise, he had found both Ron and Hermione in the library, engrossed in whatever it was that they were reading.

"Ron! Hermione! Kakashi and I found out what the clue from the egg is!" He said excitedly in a hushed whisper.

"Really, what did it say?" Hermione asked.

"I'll tell you later, we don't have that much time until the Tournament, we have less than 18 hours to figure out a way for me to breath underwater for an hour." Harry said in haste. Ron and Hermione nodded their heads in agreement, instantly setting to work.

LineBreakLinebreakLinebreakLinebreak...

Kakashi walked back in silence to Minato Sensei's office after supper to tell him the news. He had believed every single word he said to Harry, however, he felt himself regretting them. His father had committed suicide because of his decision to save his comrades... his friends. And Obito had also died, protecting him. If they had just stuck to the mission, then they might have both still been alive. However, Kakashi heard Obito's words echoing in his ears. "Those who don't follow the rules and regulations are trash. However, those who abandon their comrades are worse than trash."

Kakashi felt the battle between his heart and mind take place, making his head pound. He felt sick to his stomach, disgusted with himself. But before he reached Minato Sensei's office, he saw Minato walk out with Snape. He wondered why Snape would be bothering Minato this late at night. He continued his way towards the office dispite his Sensei's absence. He still needed to thank Kushina for her help. He decided to knock this time, considering he didn't tell her he would be comming at this hour. She opened the door and instantly smiled down at him.

"Kakashi! Come in." She greeted in Japanese sweetly. Kakashi walked inside and followed her to the large black couch, sitting beside her.

"So, did it work?" She asked before he could tell her.

"Yes, it told us that the next trial shall take place at the Black lake, where we will search for a lost item in the timespan of an hour." He informed her. "Do you know why Minato Sensei went with Professor Snape?" He asked.

"He was summoned to Dumbledore Sensei's office, Snape was just relaying the message." Kushina answered. "So, how do you plan on breathing underwater for an hour? Because dispite your genius abilities, I doubt you can hold your breath for that long" she teased.

"I'll Shunshin back and forth between myself and a clone, who will remain hidden from the crowd. If that doesn't work, I can see how long I am able to hold my breath I guess." He teased back. She smiled at his jest, her features then setting into a more serious expression.

"Have you had any progress with finding out who put Potter in the Triwizard Tournament?" Kushina asked all business.

"No, but I've managed to clear out a few people. The foreigners had nothing to do with it, so I've started investigating the students and staff." Kakashi informed her, also taking a more serious tone.

"I know I haven't been here nearly as long as you, but I've also taken an interest into your mission. Lord Hokage is concerned that if this 'Voldemort' should return, it could prove either very catastrophic or infidantly beneficial for the Leaf. So you need to flush out whoever entered Harry into the Tournament and discover his masters intentions. So it is imperative that you don't kill him on sight Kakashi, we and the Wizarding World can both benifit from the information. This is not a direct order from Hiruzem, but I am sure you understand my reasoning for asking this of you." Kushina said.

"Hai." Kakashi said. She smiled towards him, greatful for his trust in her.

"Now, I think that you should get some rest. You have a long day tomorrow." Kushina said while pushing Kakashi down against a plump pillow, grabbing a blanket to put over him.

"Kushina, I have to go back to the dorm to guard Potter. Also I don't know if Harry has figured out how to succeed in the task." He said, sitting up before Kushina pushed him back down.

"Minato wrote to Alastor, asking him to be the one to assist Potter. Besides, do you really think someone will make an assassination attempt the night before the second task. They won't risk it, they're most likely putting all their efforts to make sure he dies during the task, to ensure it looks like an accident. So your staying here tonight. Besides, I want to make sure you eat properly before the Tournament." Kushina stated firmly in english, solidifying her statement. Kakashi grudgingly layed back down on the black couch that was much to big for him. Kushina smiled at his cute, small form that was enveloped in the couch. "Goodnight Kakashi." She said while placing a kiss on his forehead. Kakashi was used to her motherly antics, so he didn't comment on the matter.

"Goodnight Kushina-san." He said, turning onto his side, closing his eyes.

LineBreakLinebreakLinebreakLinebreak...

After Kushina had practically stuffed Kakashi like a pig, they walked towards the boats by the lake, meeting up with Harry and Neville. Kakashi could see how stressed Harry was, he hoped that he had figured out a way to live underwater for an hour. However, when he saw Neville pass something over towards Harry, his stomach sank. Neville wasn't a bad person, just an incompetent one. Hopefully whatever Neville had passed Harry had something to do with Herbology, otherwise he was doomed.

"Are you alright Harry? You seem a little tense." Neville said also taking notice of Harry's pale and nervous features.

"Do I? Ugh, Where are Ron and Hermione?" Harry asked irritated, he hadn't seen them sense Professor Moody had told them to go see Professor McGonagall.

"I'm sure they're already at the docks Harry." Neville reassured.

"Yeah..." Harry said getting on a boat with Neville, Kakashi and Kushina. Harry was internally glad that Kushina was present, even if she was only there to support Kakashi. The red headed woman had a calming presence that set him at ease. He watched enviously as she fretted over the state of Kakashi's hair, jealous of the motherly affection.

"Good morning Champions!" Dumbledore said as he saw Harry and Kakashi step out of the magically enchanted boat. He gestured for them to follow him, nodding respectfully towards Kushina. "Good morning to you as well Mrs. Uzumaki." He said to her.

"You as well, Dumbledore Sensei." Kushina said, catching Neville by the arm as he almost fell into the water. Neville looked at her greatfully, impressed by her fast reflexes. Dumbledore smiled at the name she had called him, pleased with the honor of the title.

"We would be glad to have you with us in the Judges box, Hiruzem shall be there as well." Dumbledore invited. Kushina looked towards Kakashi, silently asking if he would be alright if she left. Kakashi nodded his head, slightly annoyed at being treated like a child, but didn't voice it allowed.

"Now, Potter... Hatake, you should head to the middle deck. Krum, Diggory and Miss. Delacour are already present. At a quarter till, we shall announce the start of the trial. Good luck to you both." Dumbledore said, leaving to escort Kushina to the Judges box by the arm.

"That's in ten minutes, so we should probably get going." Neville said to Harry, who nodded his head nervously.

"What was the thing that Neville handed to you earlier?" Kakashi asked when Neville was out of earshot.

"Gillyweed." Harry answered. Kakashi remembered reading about gillyweed, it allowed the consumer to adapt to wet climates. Changing the structure of the body to be able to swim and breath underwater. Kakashi was greatful to Neville with helping out Harry, he was no longer worried with Neville accidentally killing Harry. 

"Excellent." Was all Kakashi said in responce. However, that was all Harry needed to calm his nerves down. If Kakashi trusted Neville's judgment, than so would he.

Harry and Kakashi stood by the other Champions when Mad-Eye made his way over to stand by Harry. Kakashi had noticed that over the past few months, Moody had sort of adopted Harry, looking out for him and giving him advice. Kakashi was greatful for the man's efforts, it made his duties so much easier.

"Put that in your mouth." Kakashi heard Moody say to Harry. He watched as Harry painstakingly shoved the nasty tasting root in his mouth, feeling sorry for him.

"ATTENTION!" Dumbledore said, amplifying his voice to gather everybody's attention. "Now, last night, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sort, which now lies deep at the bottom of the Black Lake. They will each have one hour only to retrieve the items. If they fail to complete the task within the time limit, I'm afraid that no matter of magic will save them." Professor Dumbledore said gravely.

Kakashi then heard the sound of the cannon, signalling the start of the trial and their hour. He dived proficiently into the water along with the others, swimming directly under the large dock. After resurfacing unseen he quickly summoned two water clones, instantly diving back into the water so not as to waste time. His first priority was to find Harry, then find the lost item.

It didn't take Kakashi long to spot Harry, his black mess of hair was even more disheveled in the water. His arms and legs had adapted well to the water, his fingers and toes were webbed like frog legs. Kakashi followed Harry through a tangled mess of seaweed or kelp, being sure to stay in his blindspot. Kakashi had done well to keep track of the amount of time they had left, to be sure that none of them were caught up in the magic bind.

After every six minutes, Kakashi had to Shunshin with one of his clones before running out of oxygen. As they went deeper, the time span between breaths of air shortened because of the tight pressure of the surrounding water. Kakashi saw Harry stop in the middle of the kelp field, taking notice of the sweet memorable melody of the mermaids. The exact melody as the clue from the egg. Harry turned his head, taking notice of Kakashi from the corner of his eye.

"Do you hear that?" Harry asked audibly, due to the capabilities of his new lungs. Kakashi didn't dare to respond, settling with nodding his head. If he were to attempt to speak, he would risk water filling into his lungs. The pressure of the water was so suffocating, that if Kakashi even parted his lips a little, he would drown. His head was already hurting due to the pressure on his ears as well. Kakashi listened to the sweet song, determining which direction it was originating from, however, when he listened closer to the lyrics he was shocked.

"An hour long you'll have to look,
To recover what we took...

...your times half gone, so tarry not.
Lest what you seek stays here to rot..."

Harry also seemed disturbed by the mermaids tune, turning to face Kakashi to voice his opinion. However, when he caught sight of Kakashi, the guard looked cold and on the brink of passing out.

"Are you actually just holding your breath!?" Harry asked shocked. Kakashi once again nodded his head, instantly getting dizzy from the movement. He would have to be extremely careful not to undo the clones because if he was dizzy, than so were they. Also, Kakashi was freezing, his limbs were stiff and moved slower than molasses. Harry noticed Kakashi's extreme discomfort.

"I'll pull you to the source of the music." Harry offered sternly, not willing to take no for an answer. Sure he and Kakashi had a heated argument the previous day, but that didn't mean he hated the Shinobi.

Kakashi held out his arm, not wanting to risk the dangers of nodding his head a third time. Harry understood the gesture, grabbing hold of Kakashi's wrist firmly. He swam more strongly to pull Kakashi beside him, exiting the kelp forrest in no time. They both instantly came upon a beautiful collection of houses made of corral and stone, the inhabitants not being what the two teens expected. They were semi ugly beings, with long hair that looked like jellyfish tenticals. In the middle of what looked like a mer-version of a villiage square, a crude sort of statue stood. A gigantic merperson hewn from a bolder, five people were bound tightly to the tail of the merperson. The mermaids were gathered around the statue, singing the melody; while others stood guard, wielding spears. Harry and Kakashi swam towards the hostages, half expecting the merpeople to charge at them and attack. However, they stayed still, paying little attention towards the two human teens.

Kakashi and Harry approached the five beings, shocked as to who they were. Minato Sensei was unconscious, his skin ghostly green and pale, Kakashi on instinct instantly checked for a pulse. The pulse was weak, but present. Whatever enchantment was placed upon them, allowed for them to remain alive in this state (or at least until the hour was up, given the mermaids song). Kakashi withdrew a kunai, cutting the strong restraints around Minato's ancles. Harry had also undone the bindings around Ron's feet, wrapping his arm securely around his best friend.

Kakashi recognized Hermione and Cho Chang, who were also present. The third female he didn't recognize, she was however, a member of the Beauxbatons. Kakashi assumed that Hermione was Victors "item" and Cho was Cedrics. The girl was most likely someone close to Fleur, a sister perhaps, given the likeness.

Kakashi took notice of Cedric approaching them, a bubble covering the lower half of his face, allowing him to breath oxygen underwater. A red flash escaped from his wand, destroying the ropes around Cho Chang's ankles.

"There is only 15 minutes left, you two better hurry or else I'm afraid they will die." Cedric said motioning towards the unconscious beings, quickly disappearing back into the thick kelp forrest with Cho laying tightly in his arms. Victor Krum soon followed in, with a shark head and features. He led Hermione away, the bushy haired girl grasped firmly in the fold of his arms bridal style. Krum expertly swam through the lake, his athleticism giving him the edge.

With ten minutes remaining, Harry and Kakashi were beginning to worry about Fleur and the girl who looked about only eight.

"Let's lead the girl back to the surface with Minato Sensei and Ron, then hopefully we will run into Fleur on the way." Harry said taking
out his wand to cut the band's tying her down. Kakashi wrapped Minato Sensei's arm around his own neck to get a better hold of the larger male. Harry was fine with leading both Ron and the girl on his own. If he were in Kakashi's shoes, he would also have had a difficult time handling Minato; his tall, muscular stature being overbearing compared to the others.

Upon entering the mermaids hidden kingdom, the water seemed less dark and heavily pressured; allowing Kakashi to swim easily on his own. The strain on his lungs however, had not subsided. He was still switching places with his clones to receive fresh  air. However, it was difficult to Shunshin and hold Minato at the same time, Kakashi was internally pleased at being challenged by the task. His thoughts were interrupted however when a cluster of strange tentacle creatures attacked him and Harry. He remembered them to be grindylows, their small horned heads resembling water like demons. Kakashi drew out kunai, expertly throwing them through the water, hitting his target. The grindylows retreated long enough for him and Harry to continue on. Kakashi noticed that Harry had pushed the girl and Ron up towards the surface like he had with Minato Sensei.

Harry's vision blurred as the effects of the gillyweed ended. He felt himself sinking lower to the lakes bottom before he felt a strong tug on his upper arm. Harry then found himself being thrust back towards the surface, landing heavily onto the wooden platform, having the wind knocked out of him. Joyous cheers erupted loudly at his arrival, the onlooking students gathered around him throwing towels over him and patting his back in congratulations. Harry heard more cheers as Kakashi surfaced from the water, his strokes slow and forced. Harry watched as Minato grabbed the back of Kakashi's collar, lifting him up effortlessly out of the water with one arm, setting him down onto the dock. As the students had done with Harry, they wrapped Kakashi up in warm towels, giving him the same welcoming treatment.

Kakashi coughed out the majority of the water that had filled his lungs, the sensation burning his chest. He heaved heavily in and out as air filled his greedy lungs. The loud happy screams and cheers from the crowd painfully filled his water clogged ears. Kushina had done well to wrap up Kakashi and Minato very snuggly, encasing them in heated towels and robes so they wouldn't get sick. Dumbledore smiled kindly towards the two Champions, happy that no serious injuries had occurred during the task.

Kakashi saw the Hokage and the other Headmasters approach all five champions, ready to give the results of the task.

"Well done Champions, well done!" A man Kakashi recognized as the Prime Minister say happily. However, no one but Kakashi had really heard the man, Dumbledore began to look annoyed at the crowds rambunctious behavior, putting his wand to his neck to amplify his voice.

"ATTENTION!!! The winner of this trail... is Cedric Diggory!" The Hogwarts Headmaster announced as a loud chorus of excited screams took place. "He fulfilled this trail by using the bubblehead charm. Now, we had a hard time deciding who should come in second. We would have thought that Mr. Potter or Mr. Hatake would have finished first. However, if it were not for their determination to not only save Mr. Weasley and Professor Namikaze but young Miss. Delacour as well. We have agreed to have them tie...for second place!"

Hiruzem ruffled Kakashi's hair in congratulations, Minato and Kushina also looked pleased. Harry was beaming with pride as Ron and Hermione congratulated him as well. Krum and Karkaroff cursed in frustration; Egor especially.

"Mr. Krum then places in third, and Miss. Delacour in last as she was unable to finish the task." Dumbledore then continued, allowing the students to yell and scream in excitement.

Kakashi almost collapsed under the weight of Fleur Delacour as she hugged him tightly, crying onto his shoulder.

"I am so happy that you zaved mi little zister! Zank' you Kakashi!" She said in her thick accent, kissing him firmly on both cheeks. She then ran over towards Harry, hugging and kissing him in gratitude as well. The dark haired wizard blushed considerably, honored by her sweet thanks.

"Alright, well I think we should head back to the Castle and change into warm clothes." Hermione said once she was able to get away from Victor, who was overjoyed from the prospect of saving her from the lake.

"Here, here!" Ron said, clasping his towel closer around his neck for warmth, following Hermione towards the boats.

"You should head back as well Kakashi, I don't want you catching pneumonia." Kushina said sternly. The look she gave Kakashi frightened Harry and the other two. Ron had never even received that look from his mother, and she was a fierce woman to behold. Kakashi instantly obeyed, he didn't want to face the wrath of the "Red Hot Habenero".

Mr. Crouch followed Harry and Kakashi towards the Castle, much to the Jounins annoyance.

"I must congratulate the both of you. Your talents far exceed your fame, you should both be very proud." Crouch complemented.

"Thank you, sir." Harry said kindly. Kakashi didn't bother saying anything, the man was like fingernails on a chalkboard to him. His smell indicated that he was a heavy smoker and indulged on to many sweets. Crouch's aura also put him on edge, it was cold and fake. Kakashi's thoughts were interrupted by the unmistakable sound of Professor Moody.

"Bartemius! Your not trying to lure Potter into one of the Ministries Internships? The last child who entered the Ministy never came out!" Moody teased while licking his lips.

Kakashi felt the air around Mr. Crouch thicken, he was frozen in place staring at Moody. What Mad-Eye had said was harmless and surprisingly light in spirit, so Kakashi wondered what had caused Barty to react in such a matter. Maybe the presence of Alastor Moody in general is what set him off, the ex-Auror did have that kind of impression. Crouch quickly hurried off, internally fighting with himself.

"Is he alright?" Kakashi asked aloud.

"I'll go see." Moody said, marching off into the thick of the woods where Crouch had disappeared off too. Kakashi decided to leave the matter to Professor Moody, not really wanting to be around Barty Crouch any longer.

" 'Arry! Ye did a fine job durin' the Turnament!" Hagrid said happily, approaching the tightly knit group of friends. "An' you as well, Kashi' " Hagrid said to all of their surprise. They all knew Hagrids dislike towards Kakashi, happy that the half giant's opinion had changed, even if just a little.

Kakashi had to admit that he was happily taken back by Hagrids kind words, dispite the obvious butchering of his name. He nodded his head in responce, continuing to walk towards the Castle. Not out of rudeness towards Hagrid and the others, but out of fear of Kushina Uzumaki. 

"So, Kakashi. Is Kushina always like that?" Harry asked as Ron, Hermione and Hagrid went on ahead, singing the Hogwarts song.

"Pretty much, although she can be much worse." Kakashi said, holding back a shiver as the sun went down behind the mountains; causing the temperature to drop dramatically. Harry also unconsciously shivered as well, wrapping his towel closer around himself.

"It must be nice, having someone fret over you all the time." Harry said enviously.

"I guess... I've heard that Mrs. Molly Weasley treats you like a son." Kakashi said.

"Yeah, but she has six other sons... it's not the same as you and Mrs. Kushina." Harry said.

"That's kind of unfair don't you think. That's like saying Mrs. Weasley doesn't care about her sons. It's not exactly one on one, but a mothers love will never be less... I bet it's even more so, because of the amount of children she has." Kakashi said reasoningly.

"Your right, I'm sorry." Harry apologized, realizing his error.

"Kushina didn't used to be like that, she used to be a strick woman with a quick temper who would beat me up as an academy student whenever I did something wrong." Kakashi said laughing quietly.

"What changed?" Harry asked intrigued. Kakashi stoped in his tracks, his cheeriness disappearing in an instant.

"When Obito was killed... She didn't let Rin or I go out on missions. However, the war got worse, and we were loosing... badly. The Hokage had no choice but to send out smaller, younger teams due to the lack of trained and qualified ninja. Kushina was absolutely heartbroken when Rin had been killed. Since then, she has become as how you now know her. Overprotective and scared of losing anyone else." Kakashi said sadly.

Harry felt his heart go out to Kushina, it must have been terrible to lose two people you think of as your own children and to live in fear for the other. He also felt sorry for Kakashi, for the same reason.

"I'm sorry Kakashi. Obito and Rin must have been great people." Harry said consolingly.

"Yes they were, much better than me I'm affraid... thank you." Kakashi said with a slight smile before instantly becoming alert. His senses were buzzing and he felt the familiar sensation of death.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked, noticing Kakashi's ridgid, defensive stance.

"Stay on my left and follow me." Kakashi commanded, pulling out a kunai. Kakashi walked towards the direction he felt the sinister nature originate from. Harry followed close behind, trying to figure out what had caused Kakashi so become so alert. Kakashi smelt a familiar scent, knowing instantly what had happened. He looked around a tree, taking notice of the slumped form of Bartemius Crouch, who was dead.

"Don't touch anything, or move from that spot, or else traces of the killer will be disturbed." Kakashi commanded, while summoning his Ninja dogs.

"Yo, Kakashi." Pakun said in greeting.

"Pakun, go to Dumbledore Sensei's office and tell him that Mr. Crouch is dead. I do not yet know if it was murder, or if he died by natural causes. Given his age and habits as well as his status, it could be either." Kakashi ordered. Pakun instantly lept off at an inhuman speed, Harry watched in amazement at the pugs skill.

"Bull, Urushi. Track down the last sent to have crossed this way. You can rule out Hargid, Ron and Hermione. Shiba, Bizuki, Guruko. Make sure that Hagrid and the others make it back to the Castle safely. Ūhei and Aniko, stay with Harry." Kakashi told his other Ninkin. Harry watched as the large hounds followed Kakashi's orders perfectly, each leaving to complete their assigned duties. He noticed that a large brown and white greyhound along with another large tan dog wearing sunglasses and a vest stand on either side of him. He guessed that these two were Ūhei and Aniko.

In less than five minutes, a set of Aurors appeared on sight along with Professor Moody; Pakun was also with them.

"Kakashi, I told Dumbledore about Crouch. He summoned these Aurors to recover the body and to investigate the scene." Pakun informed. The two Aurors, Kingsley and Shacklebolt still looked shocked at the idea of a talking dog.

"Good." Kakashi said.

"Hatake, Potter, come with me to Dumbledores office." Mad-Eye said firmly. The two teens walked beside Moody to the Castle, Ūhei and Aniko still paced guardingly around Harry. Professor Moody smiled down at the dogs, pleased with their intelligence and efficiency.

The three of them entered Professor Dumbledores office, the Prime Minister and several other Ministry wizards were present. To Kakashi's surprise, he noticed Bull's large head resting atop of Dumbedores lap. Pakun must have told him to wait here for Kakashi for further instruction. Or Bull must have tracked down the killer and was waiting for Kakashi to come translate for him.

"The Triwizard Tournament will not be canceled! I will not be seen as a coward!" Cornelius Fudge said loudly to Dumbledore.

"It shouldn't matter what they think, but the right thing must be done." Dumbledore advised.

"Ach! I'm leaving!" Fudge said upset, storming past Harry and Kakashi, slamming the door behind him.

"Ah, Harry, Kakashi. I'm pleased that you arrived back at the Castle safely. Oh, and Kakashi, must I say that you have the most excellent dogs. So sweet." Albus Dumbledoor said petting Bull affectionately. Bull rested his head deeper into the Headmasters lap, enjoying the attention.

Or Bull could be here for no reason at all but to be pet, loved and adored. Kakashi thought to himself, internally laughing at Bull's typical behavior.

"So, you have nothing to report Bull?" Kakashi questioned. Bull shook his head, returning back to the old man's attention happily.

"I already asked him. It just seems he has been deprived of attention lately Mr. Hatake. If you do not mind, I shall be happy to oblige him." Professor Dumbledore said continuing to rub Bull's head kindly.

"No, I do not mind Dumbledore Sensei." Kakashi answered, holding back a laugh.

"Thank you. Now I must go see the Minister off, Alastor would you please join me. Oh Harry, Kakashi, you are both free to divulge in my stash of Likorish Snaps, you deserve it. But I must warn you, they're a wee bit sharp." Dumbledore offered, Moody and Bull following him out the door. Aniko and Ūhei looked up at Kakashi, glaring.

"Alright! You two can sleep with me tonight!" Kakashi said giving in. Harry
laughed at Kakashi's childish responce, glad that he was loosening up a bit. Harry walked over to Dumbledores desk, happily abliging to the Headmasters offer. He was starving and he had always liked Likorish. He greedily grabbed a large handfull, popping one into his mouth until he felt something sharp pinch his mouth and then all over his hand. Harry dropped the likorish, realizing what it was that was pinching him. He walked backwards into the wall, hitting a closet door. The door opened reveiling a silver bowl with clear liquid, floating above the ground. Harry recognized the bowl as the one Professor Dumbledore had placed Kakashi's memory into. Kakashi also took notice of the ominous bowl, stepping closer to it as well. He and Harry both felt a tug at their stomachs as they were sucked into the silver bowl, falling into a dark abbiss.

...........................................................

Thank you for reading!!!

Because the scene describing Barty Crouch Jr.'s arrest is long and boring. I'm not going to write it out. The next chapter will instantly pick up after that point.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Have a great week!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

785 62 18
A young girl from a dying clan of Sage Jutsu Masters doesn't really know what she's fighting for, but after a chance encounter with Team Minato, she...
235K 8.9K 50
[Book Three] It's Jessica's fourth year at Hogwarts. Hogwarts is hosting the Triwizard Tournament, but that's lot the only danger Jessica will be in.
1.4M 62K 102
Join the Marauders for their final months at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as they fight for their friends and family, revise for their...
372K 13.8K 84
Even though Harry Potter's journey alongside his friends at Hogwarts is over, his story continues with his children, as well as his friends' children...